PDA

View Full Version : What is Minecraft?

Calvin
27-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Theres no guides or anything in this forum so I was wondering, what is Minecraft? I know it's a mining game but what is the point? What do you do exactly?

I've noticed it's only become popular in the past few months, if so when did it launch?

Thanks! :)

Shar
27-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Markus Persson and is currently in pre release alpha. Minecraft development started around the 10th of May 2009, pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on the 13th of June.
The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. ~ Source "minepedia" :P

Calvin
27-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Markus Persson and is currently in pre release alpha. Minecraft development started around the 10th of May 2009, pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on the 13th of June.
The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. ~ Source "minepedia" :PThanks Shar. :)

So you just make buildings out of blocks?

Oleh
27-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Basically computerised lego :)

Fez
27-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I think the only answer to this is that knowing what it is completely ruins everything. Going in knowing absolutely nothing will give you the most rewards.

It's the most greatest non-linear thing ever created.

Nemo
27-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks Shar. :)

So you just make buildings out of blocks?
That is pretty much creation summed up.

Then you have survival, where u have that elemental of building stuff, but then you've got day + night, mobs (monsters + peaceful creatures) and loads of other stuff.

Even the creator always has a hard time describing it because there's so much to it, all you can do is play it.

Stihl
27-10-2010, 08:32 PM
how do you access this game? online?

Nemo
27-10-2010, 08:39 PM
how do you access this game? online?
www.minecraft.net

creation is free
alpha (survival) is i believe £8. Going to double when it goes into beta.

Stihl
27-10-2010, 08:45 PM
screen shots maybe? im not gonna pay 16$ for something i dont even like.

Nemo
27-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Well im a bit busy, im sure u can google

GommeInc
27-10-2010, 09:27 PM
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp

Muck around on Minecraft Classic for a bit and see what you think. If you like it, you can go the extra level and buy Minecraft Alpha, which brings monsters and time into the game. :)

dbgtz
27-10-2010, 09:27 PM
It's hard to screenshot a game that constantly changes
the map is randomly generated and is constant, and in the next update, "boo" (31st october) it will have different weathers for different islands, so a snowy then a grassy etc. I think that's in the next update, correct me if i'm wrong.

Josh
28-10-2010, 07:29 AM
there are soooo many play throughs on youtube.. you will fall in love.

::Art::
28-10-2010, 07:40 AM
try seananner's lets play. thats what made me buy it :)

Josh
28-10-2010, 08:04 AM
i used x's playthrough.

oh, and just realise i didnt answer the thread title.

"What is minecraft?"

possibly one of the best games i've played for 14 aussie dollars

[Chris]
29-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Screenshots dont do MineCraft justice tbh.
Neither do videos.

Playing it, Now thats a different matter.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!