PDA

View Full Version : OMG suggest me a phone [ate rep]

AlexOC
28-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi hi hi.

So my current phone is the Samsung i8910 HD, first phone to record high definition video, had the biggest AMOLED screen, you know you know.

Anyway so im soon due for an upgrade, getting a decent £110 from Mazuma for it, but i don't really follow the mobile phone market through the year until its time for a new phone, so i really don't know what there is.

I would prefer:

8+ MB cam
Good video recording (HD pref)
Touch screen
Decent flash, pref not led
Good internal memory

You see Samsung Galaxy is perfect, but my mate got it so i was hasty then my mum got it so its a no-go.

Thanks for any help xx

Recursion
28-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi hi hi.

So my current phone is the Samsung i8910 HD, first phone to record high definition video, had the biggest AMOLED screen, you know you know.

Anyway so im soon due for an upgrade, getting a decent £110 from Mazuma for it, but i don't really follow the mobile phone market through the year until its time for a new phone, so i really don't know what there is.

I would prefer:

8+ MB cam
Good video recording (HD pref)
Touch screen
Decent flash, pref not led
Good internal memory

You see Samsung Galaxy is perfect, but my mate got it so i was hasty then my mum got it so its a no-go.

Thanks for any help xx

Just buy the damned Galaxy S. :P

AlexOC
28-10-2010, 05:48 PM
I am not having the same phone as my mum. Absolutely not.

Recursion
28-10-2010, 06:46 PM
It is one of the best phones out right now.... :P

Or get the HTC Desire HD :P

xxMATTGxx
28-10-2010, 06:48 PM
I am not having the same phone as my mum. Absolutely not.

If it was a crap phone then fair enough but the Samsung Galaxy S is quite a good phone so why not? Get it!!! Or go with an HTC device like tom has suggested.

AlexOC
28-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Hmm i may consider it, my mums all moaning about hers so she might go get another one :/

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-omnia-7-gt-i8700-review-50001110/

What do you guys think of this, the name 'Omnia' will remind me of my baby :)

Its Windows which is a bit iffy, but none of that Windows Mobile turd, its the new Windows Phone 7 which is apparently completely different. It looks nice, got 720p recording which is ayite, no zenon flash its LED :( But the interface looks sexy. And i really want a type of phone which is like a social hub, where everything like calling, facebook, twitter (except that matt garners tweets) photos, songs and stuff all come together which is easy to use.

That Omnia 7 looks perfect to me, anybody spot any flaws?

Recursion
28-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Hmm i may consider it, my mums all moaning about hers so she might go get another one :/

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/samsung-omnia-7-gt-i8700-review-50001110/

What do you guys think of this, the name 'Omnia' will remind me of my baby :)

Its Windows which is a bit iffy, but none of that Windows Mobile turd, its the new Windows Phone 7 which is apparently completely different. It looks nice, got 720p recording which is ayite, no zenon flash its LED :( But the interface looks sexy. And i really want a type of phone which is like a social hub, where everything like calling, facebook, twitter (except that matt garners tweets) photos, songs and stuff all come together which is easy to use.

That Omnia 7 looks perfect to me, anybody spot any flaws?

You'll be an early adopter like I was with Android and left in the dark in a year's time.

Shar
28-10-2010, 07:21 PM
BUY HTC DESIRE HD!!!!!!!

lolwut
31-10-2010, 02:45 PM
HTC have an excellent range of very good phones to choose from if you're on a tight budget; however, if you can stand to wait until Christmas (and the additional money that should come at that time) I would recommend the iPhone 4.

HotelUser
31-10-2010, 02:48 PM
The HTC Desire and the Galaxy S are two of if not the best phones you could get at the moment. Both sporting Android with probable years worth of update support, Snapdragon processor, 512MB ram. Both have very nice displays although the Galaxy's comes out ontop of the Desires. The Desire has a slightly better build and form factor I think. Anyway, you can't go wrong with either one.

Don't want the same phone as your Mom? Why not? If she owns a Galaxy S she must be a pretty cool mom (h)

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 02:50 PM
The HTC Desire and the Galaxy S are two of if not the best phones you could get at the moment. Both sporting Android with probable years worth of update support, Snapdragon processor, 512MB ram. Both have very nice displays although the Galaxy's comes out ontop of the Desires. The Desire has a slightly better build and form factor I think. Anyway, you can't go wrong with either one.

Don't want the same phone as your Mom? Why not? If she owns a Galaxy S she must be a pretty cool mom (h)

That's what I thought!

My mum has one of those motorola razr things from years and years ago.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!