PDA

View Full Version : Why is Habbox Forum so uptight?

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/

Look at that.

If someone goes 'already posted at _______'
Mods have a go at them, they're only helping.

Jeez.

This is the internet :D

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from "General Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

Sharon
29-10-2010, 08:33 PM
that link isnt habboxforum

or can i not read

wtf

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Just saying that Minecraft Forum is laid back, where as Habbox Forum is quite strict O_O

xxMATTGxx
29-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Just saying that Minecraft Forum is laid back, where as Habbox Forum is quite strict O_O

Different forums have different rules, just because a forum about minecraft is pretty much laid back. It doesn't really mean HabboxForum should look at heir rules and use it over here. You are entitled to have your own opinion on the rules on both forums but it's not something we could change just because a minecraft forum is like that.

Oh and moderators don't shout or have a go at members if a thread has already been made on the same subject else where, it just gets simply closed and probably a message to that member explaining why it is closed. You don't get a usernote/warning/infraction for that.

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Different forums have different rules, just because a forum about minecraft is pretty much laid back. It doesn't really mean HabboxForum should look at heir rules and use it over here. You are entitled to have your own opinion on the rules on both forums but it's not something we could change just because a minecraft forum is like that.

I understand that, but especially when someone says 'Already posted here : *insert generic link here*' You don't need to have a go at them, their helping, that's all :/

Felix
29-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Uhm explain how the forums are strict?

Chippiewill
29-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I understand that, but especially when someone says 'Already posted here : *insert generic link here*' You don't need to have a go at them, their helping, that's all :/

I believe in a recent thread that issue was brought up and resolved with a relaxation of that part of the 'Leave the moderating to the moderators' rule, however it may not have been implemented yet or moderators may not have noticed the rule change.

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Dude, I use a forum where we're allowed to use the C word if we swap U and N around. I don't expect to be able to do that on HxF.

Inseriousity.
29-10-2010, 08:45 PM
cos it's an older site where the community's bigger and so rules are stricter to keep everyone under control whereas minecraft forum is newer where the community's smaller and can be more laidback. It's the constant changes every site/forum goes through when they get too big. Eventually, the community will slow down and there'll be threads like these saying 'our rules should be more laidback' but it's not really the rules, it's just the attitudes imo.

xxMATTGxx
29-10-2010, 08:46 PM

Wait, are you saying moderators having a go or the members of this forum? I don't see how moderators closing the thread and stating it is already posted elsewhere with a link is classed as "having a go". Maybe that's just me?

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:46 PM
cos it's an older site where the community's bigger and so rules are stricter to keep everyone under control whereas minecraft forum is newer where the community's smaller and can be more laidback. It's the constant changes every site/forum goes through when they get too big. Eventually, the community will slow down and there'll be threads like these saying 'our rules should be more laidback' but it's not really the rules, it's just the attitudes imo.

You know nothing of the Minecraft Fourm, it's community is HUGE compared to Habbox Forum.
So yeah.
No.
Just.
No.

Inseriousity.
29-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I was under the impression that Minecraft was a new game so assumed that Minecraft forum would also be new too as I've never really played the game. Sorry :(

edit: wow, just googled. that is pretty good. although I suppose the thing still stands. Older fansites tend to go through this rollercoaster ride of doing good, doing bad (people trying to fix the good) - a few more times of this - and eventually closure.

Sharon
29-10-2010, 08:49 PM
look if you dont like it here don't use habboxforum

just saying this isn't even a valid complaint, we don't need to compare ourselves to other forums. we have mods who actually care about the community which is more than be said with other habbo fansites. habbo is habbo and minecraft is minecraft you can't compare them.

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:49 PM
I was under the impression that Minecraft was a new game so assumed that Minecraft forum would also be new too as I've never really played the game. Sorry :(

It's OK, the Forum is the official (only) Minecraft Forum
Minecraft has 500,000 sales (not including F2P)

Wait, are you saying moderators having a go or the members of this forum? I don't see how moderators closing the thread and stating it is already posted elsewhere with a link is classed as "having a go". Maybe that's just me?

I mean, saying 'Leave it to the moderators' Is basically saying 'Leave it to us, you know nothing of moderation'

Sharon
29-10-2010, 08:50 PM
this is not minecraft

THIS IS HABBOXFORUM

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:52 PM
look if you dont like it here don't use habboxforum

just saying this isn't even a valid complaint, we don't need to compare ourselves to other forums. we have mods who actually care about the community which is more than be said with other habbo fansites. habbo is habbo and minecraft is minecraft you can't compare them.

I love HxF, you clearly can't see my opinion. And Minecraft Forum has incredibly good mods, go say that to their face, I want to see this *gets popcorn*

emotional
29-10-2010, 08:53 PM

You're coming across very hostile towards a new(ish) user who is probably 13/14/.......

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Excuse me if I'm wrong but you have 97 posts and yet you're moaning about rules as if you've been here for several years. What's up with that.

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:56 PM
You're coming across very hostile towards a new(ish) user who is probably 13/14/.......

How am I new? I used to lurk the Forums before joining.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but you have 97 posts and yet you're moaning about rules as if you've been here for several years. What's up with that.

Aha, one of you. Thinking that post count is everything.
I lurk more than I post, this forum is very informative.

xxMATTGxx
29-10-2010, 08:56 PM

If I come across that way then I apologize, I wasn't too sure if he meant either of them which is why I asked.

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 08:58 PM
If I come across that way then I apologize, I wasn't too sure if he meant either of them which is why I asked.

I didn't find you hostile, people these days just can't debate (Not you Matt)

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Aha, one of you. Thinking that post count is everything.
I lure more than I post, this forum is very informative.
Well if you don't often post then surely the rules don't have anything on you? I've been on the autoban list, I have no crack with the HxF rules. They were here before me and will be here after me, it's the way HxF is. It's mostly aimed at Habbo (something I don't agree with considering the vast amount of users don't use Habbo) but you've got to appreciated that if you're aiming a forum at a game for 12 year olds then the rules will be strict so they're not exposed to stuff. Or so the management will tell you. Right or wrong, agree or disagree it's one of the things you'll need to accept.

Shar
29-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Personally I think HxF rules are becoming slightly more relaxed these days.

immense
29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
hxf is too strict sometimes but usually alright

depends on the mod unfortunately but that's natural because we all interpret things differently and we're all humanzzzzz

Sharon
29-10-2010, 09:02 PM
I didn't find you hostile, people these days just can't debate (Not you Matt)

i don't get this.. do you want an answer to your thread title or a debate.

management are working on it - end off.

Felix
29-10-2010, 09:06 PM

I agree,

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I agree,

Read one of my previous posts.

Well if you don't often post then surely the rules don't have anything on you? I've been on the autoban list, I have no crack with the HxF rules. They were here before me and will be here after me, it's the way HxF is. It's mostly aimed at Habbo (something I don't agree with considering the vast amount of users don't use Habbo) but you've got to appreciated that if you're aiming a forum at a game for 12 year olds then the rules will be strict so they're not exposed to stuff. Or so the management will tell you. Right or wrong, agree or disagree it's one of the things you'll need to accept.

Habbo is a hangout for teens?

immense
29-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Personally I think HxF rules are becoming slightly more relaxed these days.

some of them defo r when i first started admittedly 4 and a half yrs ago my first infraction was for double posting and u wudnt get tht now lyk

i think the pointless posting rule has got a lot worse tho

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Habbo is a hangout for teens?
13/14 then, still young.

Shar
29-10-2010, 09:10 PM
some of them defo r when i first started admittedly 4 and a half yrs ago my first infraction was for double posting and u wudnt get tht now lyk

i think the pointless posting rule has got a lot worse tho
As you said, that depends on the moderator and their judgement.

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 09:10 PM
I'll admit now I did have to PM Jamesy (sp) regarding the moderating of the sports section and how strict it was becoming however he's agreed with me and changes to that section (I don't know if it will be widespread) will hopefully be happening in two weeks on the Sunday.

immense
29-10-2010, 09:11 PM
I'll admit now I did have to PM Jamesy (sp) regarding the moderating of the sports section and how strict it was becoming however he's agreed with me and changes to that section (I don't know if it will be widespread) will hopefully be happening in two weeks on the Sunday.

pmsl mod apps rnt open u kno??

POINTLESS POST IMMENSE HOW DARE U SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD ABOUT THEIR POST

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I mean, it's like posting a meme on HxF is illegal :/

POINTLESS POST IMMENSE HOW DARE U SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE IN THE THREAD ABOUT THEIR POST

THIS.

Sharon
29-10-2010, 09:16 PM
whats a meme

jake is only joking you know

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 09:17 PM

THEY ACTUALLY WANNA WORK WITH ME AND STEFANWOLVES TO CUT DOWN ON THE RUBBISH LIKE MUNICH REFERENCES THAT MODS DON'T PICK UP ON.

funny ****.

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 09:18 PM
whats a meme

jake is only joking you know

You don't know what a meme is?
Get off the internet.
Now.

EDIT: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+a+meme

Sharon
29-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Get off the internet.
Now.

i don't need your help or even advice to ''get off the internet'' thank you for offering ;l

immense
29-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Get off the internet.
Now.

LMFAO ILY

you're like a funny version of immenseman.x

wixard
29-10-2010, 09:23 PM
shes only 12
waits for it...

Gummyish
29-10-2010, 09:24 PM
shes only 12
waits for it...

So what? She's 12, big Woop.

LMFAO ILY

I try my best :D

immense
29-10-2010, 09:25 PM
shaz is a BABE leave her alone

Minstrels
29-10-2010, 09:27 PM
You were doing good till you said that, makes you look like a ***. But I guess Jake is gay so he is a ***. Keep it up I guess if you want to be a Immenseman...

wixard
29-10-2010, 09:27 PM
So what? She's 12, big Woop.

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT MEME?
get off the internet
now.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-twelve-years-old-and-what-is-this

love you shaz you're more intelligent than most of the people on this forum xxxxx

Jamesy
29-10-2010, 09:28 PM
This is just turning to spam. The moderation of this forum is more relaxed now than at any point in the forums past and we are relaxing it further in the coming weeks. Thank you for your feedback.

Thread Closed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!