PDA

View Full Version : [2] Habbox Ideas and Feedback

AgnesIO
30-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Only one idea in this thread - will add more ideas later.

---

Habbox Live ~ Rate the DJ

Keeping listeners coming back to Habbox Live is harder than it has ever been. There are many reasons for this, but do we actually know if the users who tune in once like the music? My idea: Have a page on habboxlive.com and habbox.com where listeners can rate the DJ. There could be a short survey with questions like: "Was the DJ entertaining?" "Did the DJ play a wide variety of music?". Users would then be able to go on to that page and simply click 1-10 on each question - it would only take 30 seconds for them to complete as well. I think this would be a good way to find out what the users liked, and what they didn't like - which in turn will help the DJ's develop their skills, and make their shows more popular.

Josh
30-10-2010, 11:14 AM
As a DJ, I love this idea. I would love constant feedback on my shows so I know how to improve for the next show.

Mr-Trainor
30-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I think this is a great idea and I would like to see it introduced. Rather than 1-10 maybe 1-5 would be better :)

AgnesIO
30-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah one to five would be great - I was having to be quite fast to post it - as I am not on my pc anymore.

Thanks for the comment wiizzz - its encouraging to know the people I hope it will help like it!

despect
30-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I think its a really good idea it does really help when you get feedback from listeners. :)

Apple
30-10-2010, 02:17 PM
This would be a great idea. Although this may sound harsh, if there are any DJ's that many listeners do not enjoy listening to their shows, it would benefit Hxl to either attempt to find out the reason why and improve the DJ or simply sack them from the job.

sammy
30-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me, as Josh said it could help DJs improve and give management a bit more to include in feedback reports. Only problem i can see is that it could be misused by someone who has a problem with that DJ or dislikes them, which wouldn't give any helpful feedback, maybe the "ban" feature on the panel could ban the user from doing this too :P.

Nixt
30-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm sure David could code something like this into the new panel, sounds like a jolly good idea to me!

HotelUser
30-10-2010, 03:16 PM
If Gemma would like this to be created it could most certainly be added, I really like this idea :)

mattywatson07
30-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice idea but people who don't like them because of reasons outside of their DJ skills will just rate them negatively.

Mr-Trainor
30-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Nice idea but people who don't like them because of reasons outside of their DJ skills will just rate them negatively.
I'm sure that if this was implemented, people who be able to explain why they rated them at whatever they did so.

Chippiewill
30-10-2010, 03:29 PM
As long as it has one IP use per show then it's probably a great idea.

AgnesIO
30-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me, as Josh said it could help DJs improve and give management a bit more to include in feedback reports. Only problem i can see is that it could be misused by someone who has a problem with that DJ or dislikes them, which wouldn't give any helpful feedback, maybe the "ban" feature on the panel could ban the user from doing this too :P.

In reply to both of your posts, there is obviously going to be that problem. But I think if a DJ get's '1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1' or however many questions there are (basically all one's), by only one person I think it does suggest something.

As long as it has one IP use per show then it's probably a great idea.

Thanks for the feedback :)

----

To fix the problem of people just disliking the DJ: Add an additional comments box where users can add their personal comment - if they wish to do so. This would mean if they put all ones - as they honestly did think everything was awful, they could say why.

despect
31-10-2010, 11:26 AM
I've kinda had a change of heart about this idea, its a good idea but we already have a dj feedback thread in the senior dj forum which is used by most if not all the senior djs if we brought this in then we'd most likely have to get rid of the dj feedback thread. :)

Also, i know if people did see a bad comment whether you can ban them from giving feedback or not i'd still be quite hurt if i saw a bad comment, people could easily send in "you're a crap dj" without actually sending in actual feedback on how that dj could improve.

Conservative,
31-10-2010, 11:38 AM
I like the idea, but there is that problem of haters >;l

sophiethenerd
31-10-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the idea.It could be used to say.Loveing the music but can you do more diffent competitons and I think it would really help to let people know what was good and bad about there show.
I think that if someone abuses this system surely there could be some way of them banned.Great idea.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 11:43 AM
I've kinda had a change of heart about this idea, its a good idea but we already have a dj feedback thread in the senior dj forum which is used by most if not all the senior djs if we brought this in then we'd most likely have to get rid of the dj feedback thread. :)

Also, i know if people did see a bad comment whether you can ban them from giving feedback or not i'd still be quite hurt if i saw a bad comment, people could easily send in "you're a crap dj" without actually sending in actual feedback on how that dj could improve.

Then don't take it to heart. I get a lot of negative stuff chucked at me and I do care but if there's no explanation, then I don't take as much notice of it as I would do. Make it so only Gemma can see the comments, sieve them out and see which comments actually are worthwhile using. Then, once a week show each DJ 3-5 comments and an average rating for each section which are worthwhile using. This then is a nice evaluation for each DJ so they know what they are lacking. If the DJ is constantly getting 5s with no feedback, that incident is where Gemma could give the DJ some personal pointers. Again, improves them. It's not criticism, it's helping the DJs. What you could also do is display who got the highest ratings throughout the week (dunno if Dom said that) and although DJs may ask for votes, it could be a choice between Head DJs and Gemma on who they think deserve it as well (say the top 3 who got the highest average score) and then choose one DJ of the week (wouldn't get a prize like SOTM, just someone who the listeners should "look out for"). May reduce morale for others but I'd be happy with it, I'd rather know what I do to improve. When I write comps reports I always make sure I balance out the good and the bad, as no one is ever perfect! It's not a bad idea if only Gemma can see the comments then if they are with no help like "omg what the hell you're playing kesha instead of katy perry", it can be ignored.

@Rob: If there's haters, it may to be to do with your shows. No problem there. If it's cos you didn't give them 10 credits, as I said, can be disgarded. Normally someone who put all 1s would state why.

despect
31-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Then don't take it to heart. I get a lot of negative stuff chucked at me and I do care but if there's no explanation, then I don't take as much notice of it as I would do. Make it so only Gemma can see the comments, sieve them out and see which comments actually are worthwhile using. Then, once a week show each DJ 3-5 comments and an average rating for each section which are worthwhile using. This then is a nice evaluation for each DJ so they know what they are lacking. If the DJ is constantly getting 5s with no feedback, that incident is where Gemma could give the DJ some personal pointers. Again, improves them. It's not criticism, it's helping the DJs. What you could also do is display who got the highest ratings throughout the week (dunno if Dom said that) and although DJs may ask for votes, it could be a choice between Head DJs and Gemma on who they think deserve it as well (say the top 3 who got the highest average score) and then choose one DJ of the week (wouldn't get a prize like SOTM, just someone who the listeners should "look out for"). May reduce morale for others but I'd be happy with it, I'd rather know what I do to improve. When I write comps reports I always make sure I balance out the good and the bad, as no one is ever perfect! It's not a bad idea if only Gemma can see the comments then if they are with no help like "omg what the hell you're playing kesha instead of katy perry", it can be ignored.

Yeah me and Gemma were talking about it on msn and she said it could be maybe something that only Me/Matt and Gemma can see?

Conservative,
31-10-2010, 11:45 AM

@Rob: If there's haters, it may to be to do with your shows. No problem there. If it's cos you didn't give them 10 credits, as I said, can be disgarded. Normally someone who put all 1s would state why.

This!!!!!! And yeah people with all 5's but no comments should be as useless as all 1s with no comments.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Yeah me and Gemma were talking about it on msn and she said it could be maybe something that only Me/Matt and Gemma can see?

Yes but I think yourself and Matt shouldn't be able to see your own comments (like James and Gemma for Matt and Matt and Gemma for James' or just Gemma for both) so you don't take it to heart if there is something like "grrr crap dj l0l"

This!!!!!! And yeah people with all 5's but no comments should be as useless as all 1s with no comments.

Yes.

luce
31-10-2010, 12:55 PM
One piece of feedback is that i think the moderation of sig and avatar sizes had been slacking because i realized the other day all three of mine were oversized from having donator then being a normal member, active, for at least two weeks. It should have been picked up on really? When i was a mod the smod and normal mods were reporting about 3 each a day...

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 01:33 PM

The point of this is for the people who are actually important to give their views. The listeners. Don't get me wrong, you guys are important - but without the listeners there is no department (well one worth having!)

But yeah - the idea would be that you could see the feedback then pass it on to the DJ's. On the form you would obviously have to say what DJ the feedback is for (UNLESS you could have a script so it automatically selects the DJ??)

That would be fine.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 01:35 PM
The point of this is for the people who are actually important to give their views. The listeners. Don't get me wrong, you guys are important - but without the listeners there is no department (well one worth having!)

But yeah - the idea would be that you could see the feedback then pass it on to the DJ's. On the form you would obviously have to say what DJ the feedback is for (UNLESS you could have a script so it automatically selects the DJ??)

That would be fine.

Could be a drop-down box for that OR they could type in the Date and Time the DJ was on for and it would look up that in the timetable?

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Could be a drop-down box for that OR they could type in the Date and Time the DJ was on for and it would look up that in the timetable?

That would be fine, just thinking it would be easier in the long run if it was automatic (using the timetable to select the DJ). Stops anyone being able to select the wrong dj.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 01:45 PM
That would be fine, just thinking it would be easier in the long run if it was automatic (using the timetable to select the DJ). Stops anyone being able to select the wrong dj.

well yes I thought timetable would be good too but I think people may go on choosing the wrong weeks etc (as once sunday is up today, the next sunday will be available I believe).

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 02:08 PM
well yes I thought timetable would be good too but I think people may go on choosing the wrong weeks etc (as once sunday is up today, the next sunday will be available I believe).

I mean automatic. So David would create a script which automatically selects the DJ.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 02:09 PM
I mean automatic. So David would create a script which automatically selects the DJ.

Hmm not understanding if there's a timetable, expand? :P

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Hmm not understanding if there's a timetable, expand? :P

Basically, the user would go on to 'Rate the DJ' page. They then simply select 1-5 on the questions, and if they wish, they can add an additional comment.

They don't choose the DJ - it automatically comes up.

Eugh.. mind you, if I was to rate a show I would rate it after it finished. S it wouldn't work.

Dw - people will have to manually select on the timetable :P

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Basically, the user would go on to 'Rate the DJ' page. They then simply select 1-5 on the questions, and if they wish, they can add an additional comment.

They don't choose the DJ - it automatically comes up.

Eugh.. mind you, if I was to rate a show I would rate it after it finished. S it wouldn't work.

Dw - people will have to manually select on the timetable :P

Yeah that's why I was confused. I wouldn't rate after their first song.

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah that's why I was confused. I wouldn't rate after their first song.

Certainly not!

I just forgot about the fact that DJ's come on almost simultaneously.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Double DJing

On an occasion (and I do mean an occasion because it annoys me when it is every hour), more than one DJ is DJing at the same time. How would this work? Could you have like a box saying "Was there anyone else DJing?" and then write in their DJ name such as Gemma so both of them are rated as it were. I dunno?

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Double DJing

On an occasion (and I do mean an occasion because it annoys me when it is every hour), more than one DJ is DJing at the same time. How would this work? Could you have like a box saying "Was there anyone else DJing?" and then write in their DJ name such as Gemma so both of them are rated as it were. I dunno?

Don't both of their names appear on the timetable though?

You could have a sort of 'DJ Calender' - basically a timetable and you selected who it was.

Although one dj would be great, and one could have been quite bad..

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Don't both of their names appear on the timetable though?

You could have a sort of 'DJ Calender' - basically a timetable and you selected who it was.

Although one dj would be great, and one could have been quite bad..

Exactly that's why I dunno how it'd work. And no it doesn't :P

Josh
31-10-2010, 03:28 PM
wait james... what? you got a feedback thread in senior forums.... thats fantastic for the rest of us who want feedback on our shows

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 03:40 PM
wait james... what? you got a feedback thread in senior forums.... thats fantastic for the rest of us who want feedback on our shows

Absolutely spot on.

This person speaks sense.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!