PDA

View Full Version : Throne - a significant value drop, again!

Mr-Trainor
30-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Just over a month ago (a month and 2 days ago :P) I posted a thread regarding the Throne and how it's credit value was an all time low since the EN hotel merge. At the time, the Throne was at a value of approximately 595 credits. Many people predicted that they wouldn't fall much more and that they would go back up. They did go up to around 700c but the following morning they were even lower!

However, the Throne is now approximately 490 credits which the cheapest offer on the marketplace currently being 485 credits. Thrones have therefore dropped just over 100 credits in just over 1 month. Do you think that they will continue to drop? I personally think they will but how long will they drop for and how low will they drop to. Do you think they'll drop to 400c, 300c or even 200c? When will Thrones go back up, if ever.

I personally feel that the release of the new Voodoo furniture and the released of Wired furniture did not help. I don't think I was the only one who put a Throne in the marketplace lower than all other offers just to have enough for Wired furniture :P Do you think there were any other effects as well as this and do you think these would have had a great effect?

Suspective
30-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm glad I sold mine, last week.

It is a shame however, seeing that at least on the UK Hotel - the throne was the ultimate high-end item.

Mr-Trainor
30-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Yea, I sold 4 of the 7 I had. However, it does mean that I can get more thrones for my items and then I can only hope that the thrones I get will go up in time.

marine
30-10-2010, 12:25 PM
I think they might go down around 400c then the demand will go up after christmas maybe so then they'll rise to 550-600c.

:DBeth:D
30-10-2010, 12:26 PM
I think with all this new furni in the catalogue most of the values are dropping, but when all the new excitement over habboween, Voodoo and wierd furni has died down I think the throne might go up. However, the market place doesn't really help either because of all the low price trades the average is going down slowly so chances are that people will start trading them lower. But sooner or later I think they are going to have to go back up :)
Thanks Beth :D

Wonderful
30-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I hope they go back up, me and GTA spent all of our credits on thrones when they were around 550c and we now have around 55 thrones... so that's our everything is they fall and don't rise we're poor, so I'm really hoping they do rise in the end.

-:Undertaker:-
30-10-2010, 10:06 PM
All items on the hotel are currently settling down to their 'real value' in terms of rarity - the supers market is weak hence why the Throne is suffering, Gold Bars and credits in general are now the ultimate safe trading currency which is also contributing to the decline in the Throne. It is happening with a number of rares, for example the Red Fountain and the Blue Fountain - both are just about as common as the White Fountain but due to their prior status as super rares they are still upholding some kind of value (although it must be noted that they are continuing to decline in value month after month, week after week).

Before the choas of the January rise and the currency changes, the Throne was at a historic high of around 95 CS (when 10C=1CS), if you compare that to its price at the moment (becuse bare in mind, a Throne is still a Throne and is still common - it isn't 'worth' anymore than it was back then) you can see a massive drop to the 50 CS mark which we are talking around the 2006/2007 value?

I can see the Throne and other items continuing to drop in the present climate, the sooner the better really - because when you have 'depressions' such as this - you always get the best periods afterwards of rising prices.

-Danube-
31-10-2010, 12:08 AM
I have to agree with what Dan said above, everything is starting to settle down to what it actually was before the merge.

A couple of days before the merge i bought 4 thrones at 100HC each (i needed rid of my HCs and i saw thrones were selling at like 1000C on the new merged hotel) HCs at the time were 5C each, meaning i paid 500C per my thrones, the value which they are at now is floating around 500C.

The reason for this sudden drop is the release of new furni, once new furni comes out there is a huge demand for credits. And whats the most quick and easy way to get a huge lump of credits? Sell one of your thrones. Due to the fact that the Voodoo Rare Doll was released then a week later Voodoo Furni is released then Classic Halloween furni and then wired furni, this has meant more and more people have been in a rush to sell thrones.

I think in the next few days, people will notice how pointless this new wired furni is and they will soon loose the novelty for it and people will start to retain their thrones and some will begin to buy them cheap (offering a little bit more each time so they can take advantage of the cheap price) by offering a little bit more they are actually driving up the price. We have a good month and a half now where there shouldn't be much if any new furni released (christmas seems to be the next time we will see new furni released, Habbo has released loads of furni over the last week so i doubt they have much more up their sleaves) i think the throne will either stay at 500C for the next month or we'll see it go up to 600/700C just before christmas, where it will then drop again with the release of christmas furni.

vz
31-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I got one when they were 90c, back in Habbo Australia/NewZealand.
I should of sold mine when they were 800c... I would have gotten heaps of profit.
But i love my throne and i still got it cheaper than they are now. :)

Ed.
03-11-2010, 11:01 PM
They're continuing to drop. 425C i saw one for the other day.

I think its a case of get out as soon as possible for some people!

Eoin247
03-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I sold two of my thrones for 415c Per yesterday and that was the best price i could get. All rares are going down in price (dinos too) and of course as we all know it's primarily because of the market place. I don't think i'll bother but perhaps this is the time to sell all your furni for creds before it's too late? When habbo release the rest of the wired furni later on this month , trust me there will be a big price drop again.

-Danube-
03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I predict a slight rise of the coming days of the throne. If you take a peak the the trade volume on the Marketplace, over the last few days when they have been cheap it shot up and now suddenly the cheapest in the MP is 455C (with only 2 in there) and the trade volume has shot down.

This means that people have bought loads of thrones cheap and are now keeping hole of them, now the people who are wanting to make a cheap deal now are the ones who are going to push the price up. They will panic and start offering more as they want to make sure they buy a cheap throne, hence the price starts to rise again.

So yes, fingers crossed.

giltinux
04-11-2010, 02:09 PM
350c i think its be lowest but someday they gona rise on prize :P

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
You never know though, the throne maybe heading for the same fate as the HC Sofa? HC Sofas stayed at 10C for most of the time within the hotel, then they had a sudden decrease to 5C (half price) then it wasn't long until they dropped further down to 2C and you can even push for 1C per now.

This is a similar trend to what the Throne has done, after we merged it was 800-1000C in price, now they are around 400C (Half the price, much like the HC did) if this continues in the same way as HC sofas we could see thrones down to 100C or 50C even, but i hope that day never comes, i very much doubt it will.

The throne is at a similar price it was on the UK hotel before we merged, Thrones were 100HC and Hcs were 4-5C so it's around 450C really so they have dropped back down to the same price. I think now the throne may return to the original way it worked before, just keeps rising and rising slowly with slight dips in prices before each rise.

Although i'm probs wrong, it's getting so hard to predict the markets now, anything could happen.

Art
04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
I think it may go the same way as the sofa. I don't think people look at the Throne as a safe investment anymore, just like what happened with the sofa.

Eoin247
04-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I think as long as the market place is in habbo all furni is doomed to be cheap.

Some rares might go up for a while but in the long term everythings going down, as i said in my previous post be ready do see a significant drop when the rest of the wired furni comes out (i heard theres going to be nearly 30 different pieces).

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I dunno, i think people won't buy as much of the wired furni next time, it is actually throwing credits in the bin, you cannot trade it :/

Eoin247
04-11-2010, 03:45 PM
You'd be amazed what some people on habbo do. Like for instance why do so many people still buy out of catalogue when you can get it much much cheaper in shops? When rares come out it always amazes me how people buy them even though a few days later you can buy it for 10c cheaper or even more..

Also wired furni is kinda nifty. :) I'm not ashamed to say i bought a few deals.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!