PDA

View Full Version : The Club Sofa aka HC

kizza149
30-10-2010, 10:54 PM
To get to the point, ive been off habbo for about a month now and before the merge i sold a T for i about 80hcs. HCs at that time was about 14c each, most people solded between 13-14 but some did manage to sell for 15c and if you looked hard, you could buy one for 13c.
Back OT, ive found out that now a current HC is now worth about 1-2c. WHAT THE HELL. Why is this price so so low? Is it the current world wide market? That could be a good reason?? More people are buying the HC? well if there lower even MORE people will buy it.

Could it be:

Market place?
habbox just needs to put the value up agian, and the people who sell at the market place will sell at the habbox value.

Ive also noticed many other rares have gone down :
Petals, majestics, thrones all have gone done

I even went as far and asked a few questions to people (N-I-T-R-O!!)
"I believe that a good way for habbox rare trade reporters to get rich is to place the club sofa down to 2 credits, they buy loads and place up agian". I aggred with him becuase it was a good argument.

My question is, 1. how can a HC drop from 14c over night and 2. Will the HC be back to its current price + when and 3. Don't you want the HC to raise agian?

Sign here if you want rares to raise NOT FALL. :P

qaxzsw
30-10-2010, 11:05 PM
The price is low because they're in lower demand, not higher. Typically if a rare is in higher demand, the price will raise, as people will be willing to pay more if it's something they want.

Habbox rare valuers and reporters do not rig the values of furni, I do not know why you are suggesting this, as even if they did it probably wouldn't affect it this massively, as people would work out they can sell it alot higher.

The HC didn't fall from 14c - to 2c overnight. Before the merge I think they were around 6/5c, after the merge they started dropping drastically and stopped where they are now (You couldn't get any lower if you wanted anyway!). When will HC be back to its current price?? It's at its current price :S.. if you mean when will it rise, no-one can know for sure, we have to wait for the demand to be higher, but rares are dropping anyway, alot of prices have gone down after the merge.

It dosn't matter how many people want prices to fall or rise, it happens on its own :)

Hope I've helped explain things, I'm not a rare values expert or anything, but this is just hopefully a good explanation.
Thanks,
CowBiscuiits

-Danube-
31-10-2010, 12:00 AM
HC's were not even near 14C before the merge at all. HCs were 5C before the merge, it's a few year since they were at 15C. Just before the merge i bought 4 thrones at 100HC (so 500C) which is the value of thrones now, so everything has settled down from the merge now. The main thing affecting prices now is the marketplace, which is making everything go down and down.

When someone puts something in the MP, someone then puts the same item in at 1C lower to sell faster, the next person then does this and so on. Thats why most rares are falling (some do increase though) but most are falling.

The HC used to be the main currency used in the hotel, it fell because once the marketplace came in the Credit became the main currency and the HC sofa became nothing but another piece of furni. Think of it in real life terms, take the HC sofa to be the Pound coin and Credits to be the Euro, if the UK changed to the Euro then the Pound Coin would only be worth the material it is made from (alot less than it's old monetary value) but the Euro would be worth alot more now. So in Habbo terms, the HC Sofa went down and the demand for credits went up.

Habbox do not rig values just to make people happy, yes if HCs were worth more it would make things easier but we can't do that. Plus people are more influenced by the marketplace today to i doubt the values on Habbox would have little impact.

WE DO NOT RIG.

kizza149
31-10-2010, 12:14 AM
What can you advise me to do? Ive got about 60 hcs in the hand, should i wait till the current value goes up or just sell out now, or put them on the market place for 5/6credits? also about the N-I-T-R-O!! comment i thought it was a good explation so i thought of putting it up.

thankss :)

kizza149
31-10-2010, 12:36 AM
if you think about it, let's say for example : a blue icm, random eh, but that used cost about 2 hcs, now it still does, so techqually HC value hasn't dropped because everyother rare has dropped aswell.

AGREE??

Art
31-10-2010, 02:01 AM
habbox just needs to put the value up agian, and the people who sell at the market place will sell at the habbox value.

No. That's not how it works. Habbox doesn't create rare values, they report them.

My question is, 1. how can a HC drop from 14c over night and 2. Will the HC be back to its current price + when and 3. Don't you want the HC to raise agian?

1. It didn't.
2. It is... currently at its current price.....now...
3. Not really. I got rid of mine. People don't really want them anymore

kizza149
31-10-2010, 02:13 AM
No. That's not how it works. Habbox doesn't create rare values, they report them.

1. It didn't.
2. It is... currently at its current price.....now...
3. Not really. I got rid of mine. People don't really want them anymore

Ok people already said about them LOL.

You think i should sell all my HCS now? or wait till they are a bit higher :)

Art
31-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Now or just keep them. I don't think they'll change value for a very, very long time.

Matthew
31-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Haha

you can't just 'want' rares to rise rather than fall, its not as easy as that. There are thousands of other players on habbo simply wanting to sell their rares quickly on the marketplace.

Also, the hc didn't go down overnight, it went down gradually over over a number of months.

Finally, the habbox rare values team haven't just put thew hc down to that price to make a profit, they've done it because that is what the users of habbo are buying/selling for. Its the truth, it was no lie to make some money.

Mr-Trainor
31-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Just to expand on what -Danube- mentioned about the marketplace. I and many others have seen an item decrease due to the marketplace, people put an item on at 1+ credit cheaper than the previous item and then others do the same.

This is what seems to have been the main cause of the majority of common items decreasing. Items such as the Sky Dragon Lamp, Rare Monster Plant and Jade Birdbath are some examples.

However, not only has it affected the items which are generally lower in price but also some of the high priced items. The Throne, Dragon Egg, Granite Fountain and Golden Elephant are some good examples at the moment. Adding to the list, the Choco Ice Cream Machine has slowly gone from around 240 credits to around 70 credits from the merge to now. Another example is the Grey Fountain which has gone from around 110 credits to 70 credits.

I believe that it is the marketplace. As great a feature as it was first thought to be, it can easily ruin the value of an item.

Santorefish
31-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I have a few questions for you:
1) How old are you and how long have you been on habbo (i mean hcs didnt go down overnight and to get a general over view of how much u may or may not know about rares)
2) Where did you get the idea that the rare values staff rig values? I have worked in the department and they are some of the best people on the forum (not to mention hard working)
3) Do you not know that the values only went down during the merge because of the different items not being availiable on other hotels, like the rare monter plant (previously known as venomus habbolus i believe) was worth 2-5 cred in the american hotel, that went down because of how many there were, however items such as certain laser gates went up because they were only available on 1 or 2 hotels. you must understand how much hcs and others items have changed

kizza149
31-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I have a few questions for you:
1) How old are you and how long have you been on habbo (i mean hcs didnt go down overnight and to get a general over view of how much u may or may not know about rares)
2) Where did you get the idea that the rare values staff rig values? I have worked in the department and they are some of the best people on the forum (not to mention hard working)
3) Do you not know that the values only went down during the merge because of the different items not being availiable on other hotels, like the rare monter plant (previously known as venomus habbolus i believe) was worth 2-5 cred in the american hotel, that went down because of how many there were, however items such as certain laser gates went up because they were only available on 1 or 2 hotels. you must understand how much hcs and others items have changed

First i didn't literay mean they went down over night, its a saying, secound i am 17 and don't spend my life on habbo, third ive been playing habbo for about 3 years

i just asking a few people and a guy called NITRO told me thats how it works, i obv didnt know otherwise

3.. OK. :dance:

Art
31-10-2010, 01:44 PM
they went down over night, its a saying

I have NEVER heard of that saying before rofl.

Jessicrawrr
31-10-2010, 09:25 PM
most people solded between 13-14
sorry, but it's sold, needed to correct you on your speech.
OT; for me habbo seemed to get a lot more boring since the merge, the main reason being that lots of furni values have just dropped, and furni sets like country & diner have stayed in the catalogue; I liked buying the furni then when it got removed from the catalogue sell it for more or the same amount of credits.
I hate how the hcs have dropped, but like others have said, habbox haven't got a thing to do with it, they report not create.

Now about the hcs you have, what I think could help even just a tiny bit, is putting them in the marketplace for a few more credits than it says is the average price, then maybe people will follow the price? just a thought, probably doesn't even have any logic to it ;P

-Danube-
31-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Why does asking a guy called NITRO (sorry but who is he) make it the truth that Habbox rare values are rigged. Like i said in my previous post, Habbox Rare Values have little influence on the markets now a days due to the marketplace, so even if i did 'rig' the values then i would accomplish nothing.

Lost_Addict
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
It's like the purple drags just after merge they were 300-400c but because of trying to get the sale quickly it's been going down by about 1-2c a day and at the moment settles at 150c

similar with witch mushrooms, i wasn't happy because i bought minee at 110c and there now down to 50c.

Just live with it and get on with life :)

qaxzsw
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't beleive your 17, no offence, I know 9 year olds smarter than you -.-

kizza149
05-11-2010, 10:36 PM

HA. well funny.

Santorefish
09-11-2010, 07:20 PM

LOL SAME, even my cousin can spell second (hes 10)

OT, I think you should just accept that hcs are down and staying down, sell up and move on (and perhaps suck your dummy)

Eoin247
09-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Just bought a lot today for 1c per.

Is this the end?

Aidenn
09-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Just bought a lot today for 1c per.

Is this the end?
Potentially Yes, however theres nothing stopping the HC From getting back into demand, personnally the hc always has been and will always be my form of currency, i dont work particually well in credits but thats me.

and Regarding to this 'Rigging Business' if the prices was rigged there wouldnt be a huge influence, Habbox are here to provide a ROUGH estimate on prices, we have always said that our prices should be used as a guide, you pay as much or as little as you want, we cant guarantee that the prices are accurate however we have Rare Values Reporters, Trade Experts and even Head Rare Values reporters, going out into Habbo trade rooms DAILY, to help others with our price guidelines we have set in place, admittedly not all values are 100% Correct, but we do try out best to ensure they are close enough if not spot on the price that specific item is being traded at.

e5
11-11-2010, 08:51 AM
It's nothing to do with Habbox, don't blame them. It's just what everyone is Habbo are selling and buying HC's at. Can't be helped, just the way it is. You win some, you lose some.

Ed.
13-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Drop from 14C to 2C overnight

Wow, that is not at all what happened. It just happened that after the merge when all the hotels came together, the UK was a majority of the people who were used to buying hcs at like 5c so some hotels lost out as they were used to their 14C hcs or whatever. But it didn't happen over night. HCs dropped steadily from 6 to 2 and it took them a while to do so. They were about 5-6C in July/August and now in end of october/november they are 2C.

:DBeth:D
13-11-2010, 05:33 PM
It went from 14c, to 12-13 to 8c and the to 2c as I remember it :D

And I've just brought 25 for 1c per and i've sold 10 at 2c per

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!