PDA

View Full Version : [Notice] [WIN 20 Credits & Forum VIP] Write a Halloween Story!

Martin
31-10-2010, 02:00 AM
http://assets.habbox.com/images/67HabboxNews_Habboween.png

Happy Halloween!

Hey Everyone! Firstly, I'd like to wish you all a very happy Halloween! This announcement covers two things really. Firstly, members from the News Department have been busy writing their very own Halloween story! Featuring 'Mad Matt Garner' and a helpless young witch called Roxy, we've tried to come up with a spookerific plot to get everyone into the Halloween mood! I would like to thank Haaaaarry, Nuxty and Mrs.McCall for writing this, and we hope some of you enjoy it! You can check out the full story by clicking here (http://www.habbox.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93813:happy-halloween-news-department-halloween-story-a-competition-win-20-creditsvip&catid=39:habbo-news&Itemid=175), or by clicking the spoiler below.

Now we move onto a competition! Would you like to win 20 credits and Forum VIP? The News department want to hear your halloween stories, and if you think you have what it takes to write a short spooky story then read on for the details!

We need you to write a short story (around 2-3 paragraphs maximum) which is spooky and fits in with the Halloween theme! You will need to use your creativity and writing skills to really make your story unique! Once you've written your story, you can either send it in a PM to HabboxNews (http://www.habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=64652), or you can leave it as a comment on the News article. Don't forget to include your Habbo Name! I will be choosing some of the best entries to display on the forum, whilst the overall winner will get 20 credits and one months Forum VIP! The competition closes tomorrow night, leaving you limited time to get your entry in!

Closing time for entries: Sunday 31st Oct 23:59pm ~ Winning prize: 20 credits + 1 month Forum VIP
Selected entries will be shown on the forum.

News Department Halloween Story
(The version on the main site is better and has images!)

It was the 31st of October and it felt exactly the same as it had during previous years, no one believed that this year would be any different. It had also been a big thing at Habbox, you know, just like Christmas and Easter were but this year something spooky was happening and just none of us knew what we were getting ourselves into, the night of Halloween 2010 was upon us...

It was a cold, dark, miserable night. Grey clouds filled the sky giving the impression of doom. Rain drops began to pour, getting heavier and heavier. Roxy916 had just finished planning her Halloween events for Habbox, “Oh yeah!” she said as she finished, she had planned to go out with some friends and celebrate Halloween in style she then looked out the window to see the disastrous rain pelting from the sky like bullets from a machine gun. She set there wondering whether or not it was a good idea to meet her friends, she took her television remote and attempted to turn it on. Once the television was on she wasn’t getting a picture, just that fuzzy screen that we all can’t stand, as she checked that her Sky+ HD Box was connected she heard a knock on the door, thinking it was her friends she happily got up and went to answer the door, but at the door wasn’t her friends... It was Mad Matt Garner who she had previously got fired from Habbox on suspicion of being a Witch and he wanted revenge not only for her having him dismissed but also due to her revealing his true identity…

Upon seeing the deranged look upon Mad Matt's face, Roxy took a gasp of pure horror before instinctively attempting to slam the door, a move that he swiftly intercepted.

"I don't think so, Roxy," Matt laughed, as he slowly but forcefully entered her home. "You think you could just get me fired? Just like that? That would be it? Well you were wrong," he snarled sinisterly, creeping towards Roxy as she slowly moved away. "You took away my one true love, Habbox! So now, I will take your life!" Matt roared, and plunged towards her, grasping her neck tightly with both of his hands. With a loud scream, Roxy reached for a glass on the table, and smashed it to the back of his head. Matt's grasp simultaneously halted, and he fell to the ground.

"Oh my god..." Roxy gasped as she knelt down, to see an unconscious Mad Matt lying on her floor. "I can't stay here," she whispered to herself, and with that, fled from her house.

As Roxy stood outside her front door, she began to get soaked by the heavy rain, as a Bolt660 of lightning hit. She ran out of her front gate and frantically looked around for anything or anyone that could help her. With a stroke of luck, she noticed Oli walking down the road. Roxy sighed of relief, and ran over to catch up with him. She put her hands on his shoulder and said; "Oli, it's me, you will not believe what..." she froze in terror mid-sentence as Oli turned around. His eyes were small and dark yellow, his skin a shade of ash grey, and his mouth was covered in blood. A zombie. "No..." Roxy whispered as she stepped backwards. She began to run, but it was too late. Oli leapt towards her, and growling viciously he attacked her to the ground, and violently attempted to bite her. Roxy screamed as she tried to wrestle him from her body. Finally, she got a clear punch to his face and threw him off of her. She quickly shot up and realised Earth had turned into a world of witchcraft, as raindrops and tears ran down her cheeks.

Lighting continued to brighten up the grim night sky as Oli twitched and groaned. Roxy stood still as her mind tried desperately to process what was happening. What had the world come to? Suddenly, with an almighty roar, Oli shot up onto his feet. Roxy let out a scream as he grabbed her hair, pulling her closer. There was nothing she could do, trapped in the arms of a killer. Closing her eyes, she thought of everything in her life she loved. Suddenly, a huge Bolt660 of lightning smashed out of the sky and into Oli. Roxy fell to the floor with a thud. This can’t be true? Could it be magic?

Roxy needed answers and she knew the only person that could give them to her is Mad Matt. She had no choice but to return home. Looking around, nothing was like before. Everything had been moved. “You can’t play mind games with me” she wailed, as she carefully searched room to room. “There’s something you should know about me, I’m a wi—“ BANG! With an almighty thud Mad Matt flew at her with a frying pan.

Roxy came to, tied to a chair. Bleeding, whimpering and desperately wriggling she glared into Mad Matt’s wild eyes. “What do you want from me?”. Mad Matt smiled, a cold and harsh smile, as he leaned in and stroked her face. “Revenge”.

"Revenge!? For what? I wasn't going to let a witch like you corrupt Habbox!" Roxy cried.

"You ruined my plans. For that you will pay. First, there's something I need to do, so I'll give you a chance to say your prayers," Matt snarled, and with that he left the house, slamming his front door on his way out.

Roxy began to panic, struggling to free herself from the chair. Suddenly, she heard the back door open and shut, and footsteps approached her. Roxy sighed, believing Mad Matt to have returned already, and she prepared for the worst. However, hear heart leapt with joy when the door to the room opened and a familiar voice said; "Roxy?"

"Jamesy!" Cried Roxy, who was ecstatic to see her boyfriend, and she now had hope.

"Roxy? What the hell happened, why are you all tied up?" he asked, as he rushed to untie her.

"The world has gone mad, everyone has turned into some kind of witch zombie freak, namely Matt friggin Garner who is about to kill me for getting him fired! We need to do something!" She explained, as Jamesy finished untying her. She immediately picked up the phone and rang Sarah. "Hello, Sarah? It's me - we need your help, Matt has - wait, what? No - Sarah!" Roxy let out a sigh, as Sarah hung up.

"Well?" asked Jamesy.

"She is too busy painting her toe nails and is about to watch Coronation Street and have a nice bath to help us save the world," said Roxy. All of a sudden, Mad Matt burst through the front door.

"Heeeeere's Matty!" he roared, as he glared evilly at the pair, wielding a large knife. Roxy screamed, as the psycho maniac quickly approached them.

"Quickly, come on," Jamesy said to Roxy, pulling her by the arm through the kitchen to the back of the house, where they escaped through the back door. Mad Matt quickly ran after them, booting down the door as he left. Roxy and Jamesy ran down the road hand in the hand as fast as they could, the rain painfully hammering down sideways onto their faces. Sadly, they were not quick enough for Mad Matt as he caught up to them and plunged the knife deep into his back. The world turned slow motion for Roxy, as she turned and saw the love of her life fall to the floor, and the moment his hands let go of hers was the moment his eyes shut, and all life left his body.

"No!" Roxy screamed. She didn't have time to mourn, as Mad Matt was staring at her, his bloody knife raised. "You bobba!" Roxy shouted at him. "You absolute bobba!" She could feel her face going red in anger, as Matt laughed in her face. Suddenly, she felt a feeling she hadn't experienced before, and she began to feel extremely hot, even on the freezing cold, rainy October 31st night it was. Red beams shot out of her eyes at Mad Matt, as his laughing ceased and he slowly began to melt to the ground. Roxy looked on, when all of a sudden something beautiful happened.

The rain stopped, and the clouds parted, and the sun shone down on Roxy. People on the street ran out of their houses and lifted her, and a random bout of crowd surfing began, as Roxy broke into a rendition of 'Defying Gravity' from 'Wicked'.

Following the song, Jin floated down from the heavens, and promoted Roxy to General Manager of Habbox, the only thing that could help her get over the death of Jamesy.

Then, she woke up. It was all a dream - LOL!

http://assets.habbox.com/images/15Halloween_news_image.png

Martin
31-10-2010, 07:58 PM
There's only 4 hours left for you to enter this competition! Make sure you get your stories sent in before 11:59pm :)

Martin
31-10-2010, 11:16 PM
This competition has now ended.

We've had a lot of entries (a lot more than I expected!) and I will be reading all of these over the next couple of days! Halloween lives on!

The winner will be annouced within the next few days. Thanks for taking part everyone, and I hope you all had a great Halloween!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!