PDA

View Full Version : Trade Expert

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 01:41 PM
2 years ago, -Danube- created a thread in RV Only (hopefully i'm allowed to say, not really like it's a huge thing is it?) talking about the changing of Trade Expert. Many suggested Junior Rare Values Reporter, Senior Rare Values Reporter and Head Rare Values Reporter- and excluding the word "Junior", I think it would be sensible to change the name.

Trade Expert is such a rank which confused the hell out of me when I first knew about the RV dept. To be honest, I always though TE was a better rank than HRVR. Why? Expert was the name. How? It was different. If I wasn't in the RV dept., I'd have probably thought it goes Rare Values Reporter, Head Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert. It's confusing and misleading. I really do think that it should be changed to Senior Rare Values Reporter- who cares about tradition? It's a confusing name and it makes sense to go up in ranks like Habboxlive (and most other depts. with the exception of the "Head" rank).

Whilst we're on the subject, what does "Trade Expert" do now at the moment? When I was at Rare Values, it was for morale and just a bit more work. I dunno about you but I think if you've got a new role you should have more repsonsibility, and that doesn't just mean writing more reports. Sure, morale is needed, but it's not like the Graphics department has Junior, Amateur, Intermediate, Wonderful Graphics Designer, Senior Graphics Designer and Head Graphics Designer is it? I doubt any of it would change, possibly at Head (which wouldn't even be added anyway I guess because it's such a small dept) it would by mentoring staff.

Just my thoughts.

j0rd
31-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Have to jump on the band wagon here. When I first joined the values department I thought trade expert wasn't a job role but in fact some member of the forum who had a very good knowledge about rares.
I agree with the change of the TE role.

Mr-Trainor
31-10-2010, 02:12 PM
To be honest, I think the Head Rare Value Reporter rank name could also be changed. I get a lot of people thinking I change the values on Habbox because of Head. As for whether there should be a rank in between (currently Trade Expert) I do see a purpose considering we do need more people than many other departments. After all, there is a lot of values to keep updated.

I think that name changes would be appropriate, it just depends what they're changed to.

Alex3213
31-10-2010, 02:31 PM
To be honest, I think the Head Rare Value Reporter rank name could also be changed. I get a lot of people thinking I change the values on Habbox because of Head. As for whether there should be a rank in between (currently Trade Expert) I do see a purpose considering we do need more people than many other departments. After all, there is a lot of values to keep updated.

I think that name changes would be appropriate, it just depends what they're changed to.

Why do you need another rank though? Not understanding why? :P

Nixt
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I quite agree, the name of the role is quite misleading. The only real difference between that role and the others is the amount of required reports each week, and it is predominantly used to recognise members of the RV team who consistently offer numerous high quality reports (often exceeding the weekly requirement).

With V6, the roles within the RV department will almost certainly be changing dramatically. Obviously I've been out of the loop for a while, but any changes should take these changes into account. I know Dandertaker was planning on changing the names, and I think Senior RVR could work. However that implies they have extra responsibilities when in actual fact they don't have any, so that would need to be looked at.

I am pretty sure Danoob has some ideas of how this would be changed to suit RV for V6, so it will be interesting to see what he has to say!

AgnesIO
01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I REMEMBER SUGGESTING THIS IN THE RV FORUM ONCE!! :L

But yeah they should be changed. Junior, as it was at the time, could be seen as a bit insulting, perhaps 'newb' (I am joking....)

But anyway, I think Trade Expert should go for a start

Mr-Trainor
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Something like
-Rare Values Reporter
-Intermediate Rare Values Reporter
-Expert Rare Values Reporter
Could work. Obviously the words can be changed, that's just from the top of my head :P

Apple
01-11-2010, 10:49 PM
I have to agree with this. When I first joined the RVR department I to was confused about what the Trade Expert actually did.

-:Undertaker:-
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
I attemped to change it and the first time it was knocked back without reason after numerous PMs backwards and forwards, the second time - we were planning to change it when the new system for the department came in which was hopefully going to make the department bigger and add extra roles. I'd expect Dan will probably be changing them when that eventually happens.

Suspective
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm all for the simplification of RVs.

-Danube-
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I've always wanted this changing since i was manager way back in 2008. It always confused me to be fair and confuses other people.

Lets be clear on this though, i'm an NOT for getting rid of the rank altogether. Eventhough all they do at the moment is report more a week, it still serves a purpose. The first purpose it serves is that of morale that has already been stated, it could get very boring being in the same job role for months on end waiting for a HRVR role to open. The second purpose it serves is training people up for HRVR, by promoting to TE i can see who i think would suit a HRVR role, both through how much they are reporting and how they act within the department. I do however have plans to add further responsibilities to the TE job role that will make it a mixture of RVR and HRVR (so in the middle).

As of now i am set to settle on a name i actually like for the role, even after 2-3 years of thinking.

I do not want to rename Rare Values Reporter or Head Rare Values Reporter, but i would like to rename Trade Expert, i'm just not quite sure yet.

I never used to think that Trade Expert was above HRVR before i was in RVR, i didn't even think that Trade Experts were in the department at all, i thought they just traded alot on the forum and so were in the 'Trade Expert' usergroup, bit how like we used to have the Pixel Artist user group.

So yeah, i'm up for changing this name and i will push for it. I just need to find a suitable name!

I have already made some small change to the Head Rare Values Reporters, we now have two sub groups of this Head Rare Values Reporter (Staff) and Head Rare Values Reporter (Content), these roles switch between the 4 HRVRs monthly. The HRVR (Staff) are dedicated to organizing staff bonding events within that month and making sure all the staff are getting along and acting as a strong team. HRVR (Content) are dedicated to finding missing values on Habbox, so finding all the new categories etc etc and then i along with them will produce all the images and find the values and then get them added to Habbox.

I'm looking to add similar roles of the above to the Trade Expert role, maybe this is when i could change the name.

Mr-Trainor
03-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I've always wanted this changing since i was manager way back in 2008. It always confused me to be fair and confuses other people.

Lets be clear on this though, i'm an NOT for getting rid of the rank altogether. Eventhough all they do at the moment is report more a week, it still serves a purpose. The first purpose it serves is that of morale that has already been stated, it could get very boring being in the same job role for months on end waiting for a HRVR role to open. The second purpose it serves is training people up for HRVR, by promoting to TE i can see who i think would suit a HRVR role, both through how much they are reporting and how they act within the department. I do however have plans to add further responsibilities to the TE job role that will make it a mixture of RVR and HRVR (so in the middle).

As of now i am set to settle on a name i actually like for the role, even after 2-3 years of thinking.

I do not want to rename Rare Values Reporter or Head Rare Values Reporter, but i would like to rename Trade Expert, i'm just not quite sure yet.

I never used to think that Trade Expert was above HRVR before i was in RVR, i didn't even think that Trade Experts were in the department at all, i thought they just traded alot on the forum and so were in the 'Trade Expert' usergroup, bit how like we used to have the Pixel Artist user group.

So yeah, i'm up for changing this name and i will push for it. I just need to find a suitable name!

I have already made some small change to the Head Rare Values Reporters, we now have two sub groups of this Head Rare Values Reporter (Staff) and Head Rare Values Reporter (Content), these roles switch between the 4 HRVRs monthly. The HRVR (Staff) are dedicated to organizing staff bonding events within that month and making sure all the staff are getting along and acting as a strong team. HRVR (Content) are dedicated to finding missing values on Habbox, so finding all the new categories etc etc and then i along with them will produce all the images and find the values and then get them added to Habbox.

I'm looking to add similar roles of the above to the Trade Expert role, maybe this is when i could change the name.
I'm glad you will only be renaming it because I am in agreement that it does still serve a purpose. Although yes, it is fairly similar to the Rare Values Reporter role so it's good to see that it could be changing :)

Alex3213
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I think the rank should stay but it should have more responsibility with it! If you create the same sort of thing for a TE but on a lower scale that sounds like an OK idea.

And good that you want to change it cos I've never liked the name.

-Danube-
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I just have no idea for a name that fits the current ranking system.

Alex3213
03-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Sure it'll sound like Senior has power, but it just seems the most sense. They have more responsibilities anyway and I think Senior RVR would just fit in the pattern.

Mr-Trainor
03-11-2010, 08:35 PM
I disagree with senior rvr because I personally feel the name will clash with head rvr? Or maybe it's just me :P. Although I don't really know any name which would be better!

Apple
03-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Just a suggestion, how about Advanced Rare Values Reporter instead of Trade Expert?

Alex3213
03-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Just a suggestion, how about Advanced Rare Values Reporter instead of Trade Expert?

I am still very passionate on Senior RVR. Although it seems you're giving them extra power, you're not. You're just giving them extra things to do which in a way is what a senior does.

Mr-Trainor
03-11-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm not really sure about Advanced. There is again a possibility with it confusing people but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe something like 'Intermediate' would be better because it shows that there is a rank above it which is crucial in my opinion. The rank above it being head :P.

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 12:05 AM
I kinda like Advanced to be fair;

If it was Senior it is unclear whether Head Rare Values Reporter or Senior Rare Values Reporter is above of below each other, but with Advanced it sounds like one step above RVR but Head Rare Values Reporter still seems to be above it. So it would be:

Trialist Rare Values Reporter
Rare Values Reporter
Advanced Rare Values Reporter
Head Rare Values Reporter
Assistant Rare Values Manager
Rare Values Manager

Sound good to me, i'll talk to Roxy and see what she thinks :)

immense
04-11-2010, 12:12 AM
why don't you just rip up the whole history of the department whilst you're at it

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 12:16 AM
We still have the spam thread :')

Ye i agree that it is part of it's history but sometimes things have to change and changing the Trade Expert name has always come up in the past, i think it needs doing.

immense
04-11-2010, 12:17 AM
It doesn't at all. It's not even like you're scrapping the role, it's just being renamed. Why change to match the other departments? Trade Expert is such a unique rule and the department used to be the most sought after. I know that's no longer the case but I think it could be.

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm not saying it's going to happen anyways as management have knocked back such changes in the past.

But you have to agree Jake, it's always been rather confusing. I know that before i entered the department i didn't even think Trade Experts were part of the RV Department.

immense
04-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Confusing to who exactly?

-Danube-
04-11-2010, 12:23 AM
If you read up you'll see that alot of other people said the same thing, that at points they have been unsure as to where abouts in the ranks Trade Expert fits, people thinking it is above HRVR people not thinking it is staff at all etc etc.

immense
04-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Nobody else needs to know. If they read announcements they will know they're staff. When I was a Trade Expert it wasn't like I got bombarded with PMs asking me about trades or what my role is so there can't be much confusion and it was never an issue when I was in the department from 06-09. Which is half the time Habbox has been open.

Mr-Trainor
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I know what your saying Jake but I personally think that other people do need to know, or at least it would be nice for staff to be recognised :) I know the green name does this but not when someone has a Donator or a VIP subscription :P.

Alex3213
04-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I agree with Luke, sure it doesn't have to match but it has to fit in. I would like to know, and a lot of people would need to know.

immense
04-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Who needs to know? Trade Expert is clearly a staff rank - they report values, that is their job. It is announced in announcements anyway for example '-Danube- is now a Trade Expert' or whatever so if people need to know like you make out then they can know by reading announcements.

AgnesIO
04-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Why does History get bought up every time somebody suggests a ******* change.

WHY GET RID OF HABBOX TV? I MEAN SURELY IT IS PAST OF HABBOXS HISTORY
WHY CUT DOWN ON FORUMS? IT MADE HABBO MORE UNIQUE FROM OTHER FANSITES

Sorry I didn't mean to put in capitals - cba writing again lol. But anyway EVERYTHING that is changed, is habbox history. Change is often for the better.

immense
04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Change is good, sure but not when things aren't broken and don't require them.

Whilst we're here can we please change Sierk's role to Silent Partner (owner) rather than site owner because he doesn't come on much and people might PM him about issues and omg how crazy is that?!?!?!

:rolleyes:

AgnesIO
04-11-2010, 05:09 PM

Whilst we're here can we please change Sierk's role to Silent Partner (owner) rather than site owner because he doesn't come on much and people might PM him about issues and omg how crazy is that?!?!?!

:rolleyes:

That's completely different. He is the owner.

However Trade Expert, sounds better than 'Head Rare Values Reporter' - and even Manager..

immense
04-11-2010, 05:11 PM
How does it? That's an opinion. I think it's unequivocal that a manager heads and manages the department.

AgnesIO
04-11-2010, 05:15 PM
How does it? That's an opinion. I think it's unequivocal that a manager heads and manages the department.

But an expert in my opinion is seen as a better thing. Maybe not to you, but if you owned a multi-million pound company, you would have managers to do things. You would (most likely) be an expert in running your company.

immense
04-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Rare values manager quite clearly manages the department. Your analogy is pointless because they aren't called owners but experts - Bill Gates wouldn't declare himself an expert.

Mr-Trainor
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Personally I feel that this is an event where change is required. It can not be the highest priority but it is in need of change.

However Trade Expert, sounds better than 'Head Rare Values Reporter' - and even Manager..

But an expert in my opinion is seen as a better thing.
I agree and this is exactly the reason why myself and many other members of the department, including Dan, feel that it needs a change.

Rare values manager quite clearly manages the department. Your analogy is pointless because they aren't called owners but experts - Bill Gates wouldn't declare himself an expert.
Even if Rare Values Manager is still thought to be higher than Trade Expert, Head Rare Values Reporter is commonly misinterpreted and people think that it is lower down than Trade Expert, likely to be because it doesn't contain 'values reporter' and contains 'Expert'.

immense
04-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Well it's clear to staff members and the management and like I said I was in the department for 3/6 years Habbox has been open and there were no issues, ever.

Mr-Trainor
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Well it's clear to staff members and the management and like I said I was in the department for 3/6 years Habbox has been open and there were no issues, ever.
Well I don't think that it's ever been a big issue but I still think that it is an issue. Like I said above, I'd put this as a lower priority to some of the other issues Habbox is currently facing, like the RV Panel itself not working, unless it has now been fixed. I still think this should be changed though. I do see what you mean with it being the name since around about the start, if not the start, and I will 'miss' it as a name but I feel it's for the best :).

AgnesIO
04-11-2010, 05:57 PM

Key point to your post. '..and there were no issues,ever.'

Was/were is the past.

immense
04-11-2010, 05:57 PM
dw it wont be going

Apple
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I don't get the whole "It's history don't change it" argument. When it would actually improve the understanding people have of the role, it's definitely something worth changing. At the end of the day it's just the name of a job role, if you can't face to see something as minor as that being changed then god help you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!