PDA

View Full Version : Transfering files from this laptop to another

Imosae
31-10-2010, 10:33 PM
It may seem 2 months away till Christmas but im getting a HP DV6 Laptop Pavilion i just want to know to transfer my files onto my current laptop to this laptop which im getting as quickly as possible! Do you have to use a memory stick or something or other? Please show me the correct method on how to work this. Because some of the files on here that i have right now are pretty much important to me.

Cheers!

Jam
31-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Drag and drop onto whatever medium you have.

Imosae
31-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Drag and drop onto whatever medium you have.

Do you mean the C:/ driver!? :D

If not then I'll try to drag and drop my files into the medium!

Cheryl
31-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Do you mean the C:/ driver!? :D

If not then I'll try to drag and drop my files into the medium!

no he means a memory stick, a cd/dvd or a external hard drive

Imosae
31-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Got ya now going to do that process once i have my laptop as soon as possible thanks alot

AgnesIO
31-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah use a removable medium to transfer - although you could transfer them over the internet, but it would not be very practicle.

Your christmas is going to be boring lol you already know, at the end of october, what you are getting? :p

Special
31-10-2010, 10:52 PM
memory stick

Imosae
31-10-2010, 11:09 PM
memory stick
:D

Yeah use a removable medium to transfer - although you could transfer them over the internet, but it would not be very practicle.

Your christmas is going to be boring lol you already know, at the end of october, what you are getting? :p

Nah because i'd rather become lazy and do it the easy way from my memory stick rather than the internet!

Where getting this laptop the HP DV6 15.6in AMD laptop has enough specs as of 320GB for the hard drive plus 3GB of ram :S My mam told me to choose early and we can't get much presents this year as we are off to NYC so we need to save, save, save but this is starting from next year meaning that like you said my christmas will be boring by the end of christmas day to be honest and maybe just getting a razor plus they usually throw in alot more presents a bit like last time which i didn't choose from because their cool like that.

This is what im getting for more information on the specs etc; http://www.littlewoods.com/hp-dv6-156in-amd-laptop---black-cherry/743687583.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fhp&prdToken=/p/prod4992229-sku7603166

LMS16
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Also, for xmas, ask for an external hdd for backups then you can drag & drop onto the hdd then drag & drop from the hdd to your new laptop :)

Or you could image your hdd using acronis (http://www.acronis.co.uk/backup-recovery/workstation/) then recover the images back onto your new hdd :)

Lew.

Swinkid
01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Why don't you just do it over ur network, it's what i do.. move the files you want to transfur to ur Public Folder and allow to be seen and stuff on ur other laptop then on the other one go > Start > Run then Type \\(URPCNAMEHERE) Obviouly renaming ur pc name here with ur pc name.. You can find some tut on the internet if you don't know how to do it..

AgnesIO
01-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Huh? You are trying to save so you are getting a £650 laptop? Confused much.

Jam
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Huh? You are trying to save so you are getting a £650 laptop? Confused much.

Seems poor for the money as well.

Markeh
02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
650 for that? I own a DV6, admittedly with the 250GB HDD, and I only paid £479. Yes that was in September last year, yes, but it has pretty much the same specs, other than the redesigned body (and no bluetooth).

Recursion
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
The price of that laptop is insanely expensive! :|

Get a Dell XPS 17 from here: http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home/Dell-Laptops/laptop_studio/ct.aspx?refid=laptop_studio&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&~ck=mn

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!