PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye

Richie
01-11-2010, 03:59 PM
whats the difference between female and male hair dye?

RandomManJay
01-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I never knew such a thing existed to be honast. But I can imagine it might have something to do with the hormones and whatnot involved in hair health and growth, such as oestrogen and testosterone levels. Women's hair may be richer in oestrogen, so specific chemics are used to ensure better dye absorption or to maintain healthy hair follicles.

Describe
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
There is no difference in the product Richie however iSarcastix has posted a good argument to my statement.

The only (minor) differences you'll find is price and how much you get in a pack. Because us males tend to have shorter hair, male hair dye is sold in smaller packages and usually for around the same price. There's also so much more to choose from if you're a woman. Don't worry about using womans hair dye, you'll change the colour of your hair but you wont start growing ***s.

Casanova
12-11-2010, 10:18 AM
it depends on the 'type' of hair dye. there's many, for instance there's permanent, 'funky colour non-perm', quasi/semi-permanent for women, then there's non-permanent, cover up grey and permanent for men.

women:
permanent - covers allgrey (depending on colour) and can cover all shades (depending on the colour previous), they won't come out the hair but over time will fade. Same as permanent for men.
Funky colour - something you'd apply to lightened/bleached hair to give what's known as 'crazy' colour, crazy colours are anything from pink, blue, yellow, gold etc. all the colours that aren't real 'pigments' so can't 'cling' or stay in the hair and wash out after 3-6 washes.
quasi/semi permanent - these are colours you can 'add' to your hair. They're real colours but are only intended for 6 weeks. Most women use them to add a less harsh tone to their hair, to see if it's the colour they wish to go, to add a shine to their hair. Eventually they'll wash out.

men
Cover up grey - something you apply to someone whom is grey and has the 'salt and pepper' look. It add more dark to your grey and gives you a more youthful look, as it covers a lot of the white remaining. these wash out after six weeks.

all in all, there isn't any difference, the main one is not many women use cover up grey, as they'd colour their grey or just keep it. Being honest it really depends on what you're looking for, for instance someone with 'black' hair couldn't go blonde at home, but in a salon they could with some good products.

sorry for the bump!

Dean
12-11-2010, 07:33 PM
When ever I bought dye to do my hair or something of some sort, there was always a man and a woman on the box. I'm sure the dye for men only are to get rid of grey.

Martin
13-11-2010, 10:21 PM
I've always used womens hair dye when I've had highlights on the odd occasion. :P I don't think there's much of a difference at all really. I guess the male version is to cover up the grey hair etc, and women tend to go for it more I guess.

Eoin247
13-11-2010, 10:25 PM
A bit off topic never try to do DIY dye your own hair with laboratory peroxide.

A few of my freinds tried lol, they wanted blonde streaks, instead they turned from brown hair to ginger in a day. :L

One shaved al of his hair while the other guys had to live with their new hair colours for a few months.

Good times.

Special
14-11-2010, 02:26 PM
no difference :S

Shoed
15-11-2010, 04:58 PM
no difference
its still the same colour and will do the same purpose lol

just probaly to much hair dye in the bottle for a man but it dont really matter

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!