PDA

View Full Version : I've Applied at Mc Donalds

The Don
01-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeh, I go to sixth form and I need a job so I've applied for work at mc donalds. Anyone worked at one before? What's it like? wish me luck (yn)

mr.tom
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
i once tried to pay in monopoly money and the woman had to call over her supervisor to deal with the situation.

you'll do grand.

Apple
01-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Well it's a Job and will bring in money. You should really be aiming a little higher though, although as you are at sixth form I'm sure you have intentions of getting a much better job when your education is over. Good luck anyhow!

Jessicrawrr
01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
it's great that your trying to get a job at your age, some people many many years older sit on their bottoms and don't do anything, good luck!

iJoe
01-11-2010, 07:23 PM
You'll find a lot of people working there are in the same situation as you, it's not as bad as people say and you get a lot of perks too with discounts in loads of places. I don't work there. lad who I DJ with does so I know pretty much how it all works (unfortunately haha)

Suspective
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Seeing you are a student, its a job at the end of the day and will give you some cash. Good luck ;)

Alexx..
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
If you just want the job for money then fair enough, but it's an absolute rubbish job with rubbish pay. Good luck though!

Bun
01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
well done, don't worry you might get a little stick for it off your mates but give it a couple of weeks they'll be begging for you to get them a job, i guarantee it.

Accipiter
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Don't think you need to ask a forum to find out how tedious its suppose to be

-Heart
01-11-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm banned from all major/minor McDonalds around the country.

And in China.

Oleh
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
well done, don't worry you might get a little stick for it off your mates but give it a couple of weeks they'll be begging for you to get them a job, i guarantee it.

Completley the opposite for me, most people i know work there just cos its easy money.

id rather be homeless tbh

dbgtz
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Good luck but personally I'd never work there, along with the constant heat and grease, it will be too much stress (and work) for what it's worth.

Zak
01-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I've heard Mcdonalds do something called flexy hours or something, where they can call you in at any time any hours?

If so I'd hate that ...

Moh
01-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I got rejected from MD LOL. I presume it's because they could pay a 16yo a lot less to do the same job ^_^

Kyle
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM
prob cos ur criminal record moh what with u being a paedophile

Moh
01-11-2010, 11:37 PM
prob cos ur criminal record moh what with u being a paedophile

Yeah, I did state on my application that I work better with children.

Rapidshare
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I been working there just for a few weeks now. Every Mcdonalds is different, most McDonalds are franchises so all different from different areas. I got a easy job where I work at the front (lobby hostress or w.e) and just clean up basically. I do get a few complaints about food but I just get someone else but that McDonalds init. Your pay rate is around 3.64-5.00. I get 4.50 an hour with 5.00 for performance reviews. The discounts are alright. Staff are very friendly. Im just trying to think along here. All I can say is that make sure you let them know you cannot attend college days at work at all. I am doing 29 hours shift this week with college on top so u'know!

PM me if you need more information but the interview were piss easy so meh.

Hecktix
02-11-2010, 12:29 AM
I worked at McDonalds for a year and I quite enjoyed it, they'll fit hours around you and if you need extra money they are always looking for cover. It sucks doing the cooking and cleaning the front area but serving is quite enjoyable - a tip would be if you find a particular area you enjoy working on, put hard work in there and show you enjoy it, dont work as well in the other areas and they'll see you're strong on the area you like and regularly put you there.

Trainway
02-11-2010, 04:24 AM
I've worked there for 6 months. It was fun and gave me a ton of experience - but the customers were crazy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!