PDA

View Full Version : New update error?

Ardemax
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
hi der

I don't know if this has been posted or not but whenever i try to update the new thing from xbox it gives me an error and like a status report.

I've already downloaded the new desktop and homepage but whenever i try to go online it tells me to download another update and that one always fails.

it reads:

"Can't downloaded the update. To tesr your connection, open System Settings and select Network Settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

If the problem persists, go to
www.xbox.com/support

Status code:

3143 - 0000 - 3080 - 0502 - 8007 - 2EE2"

I have a decent internet connection with Sky (changed yesterday) and was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem or knows how to fix it.

I tried yesterday but failed and I tried again today and it also failed

Help please!!!! :D
-aled

matt$
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Have u tied turning it off and on? if not this will might help lols. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/340290-how-to-download-november-update-no-errors/

Ardemax
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Have u tied turning it off and on? if not this will might help lols. http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/340290-how-to-download-november-update-no-errors/

uhhh no this is the update that you get automatically.

im struggling downloading or updating the automatic update when you sign into xbox live.

theres a new status code when i signed out of my network and signed back in:

"3143 - 0000 - 3080 - 0502 - 8007 - 274C"

is there anyway of like finding out what these codes mean? Like a giant list of explanations... that would be really helpful right now

Chris
02-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Try clearing your cache. Idk if it will do anything but it might. :]

If not contact xboxsupport on twitter.

Ardemax
02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
How do you clear a cache on the xbox? (sorry am a nub)

DPS
02-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I had this problem but my brother done something and it stopped.

Chris
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
How do you clear a cache on the xbox? (sorry am a nub)

Ive never done it before but I hear it can fix some problems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971755 (http://vgstrategies.about.com/od/xbox360faqs/a/ClearX360Cache.htm)

Try that. :]

Ardemax
02-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Well I've done the internet test thing and it says I can't connect to the internet.

I've tried opening ports and I'm gonna test it to see what has happened tomorrow evening.

Fingers crossed!

TonyBest
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I had this issue with installing the new dashboard update, what i did was cancel the update, went to test the connection like it said, then said no for the second popup, after that i turned off the 360 and then back on, it asked me to do the update again, this time i went to yes and it worked fully

Accipiter
03-11-2010, 11:35 AM
restart your router, but if you google the code there should be an explanation

someone of a forum said do this:

This isn't an error on MS's part. It is possible the update didn't install properly. Go to your memory settings and delete the update and redownload it.

could also try clearing system cache (wipes downloads & updates so you'd have to reinstall game updates and **** for everything)

Ardemax
03-11-2010, 04:35 PM
ermmmmm but what about downloaded cod maps sadface

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ive opened a few ports like the xbox help told me too and so my xbox can hopefully connect via that

if that doesnt work ill download the update to my flash drive and install it x]

Accipiter
03-11-2010, 04:53 PM
it lets you reinstall you don't have to buy them again, not sure if it wipes game dlc though

Ardemax
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Ok update.

The downloading bar goes like
uhh

Update Downloading

||||||||

thats a badly drawn loading bar but it get about not even a quarter of the way, resets and then says it couldn't update and gives me the status code

I've opened ports by windows firewall, disabled any other firewall and reset my (modem?) many times.

i REALLY dont know what to do next

my internet connection is fine but when the update appears it just goes kapput.
seriously im on my laptop during the updates and not one bit of interference, really annoying!!!!!

any ideas? :/

Ardemax
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
sorry for the double post but i believe the update must have installed incorrectly, or something

i mean i go on, i sign in and it tells me i have an update (i have already installed like new homepage skin and stuff) and when i do it it updates a bit, then fails

if i click no, i go to network settings, test connection and half way through the last bit of the test (the xbox live test) it asks me about the update. if i click yes it fails on me and if i click no and error comes up about my ISP blocking my xbox access or something like that.

seriously this is annoying me soooooo much

if anyone can help please reply!!

Accipiter
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a glitch :S

Try deleting it and downloading it again

Ardemax
04-11-2010, 06:57 AM
I dunno how to delete it though, I go on memory and I can't find it :/

If it is something to do with ports, then I gotta open a few

Anyone know what to do from here:

http://i54.tinypic.com/oegrc.png

I've just put in my router IP or w.e but should I put in my current IP instead? I dunno lol.

It's a Sky router btw.

Also it's weird because to get the update, i MUST be connected to the internet? And when I download it it says theres an error and if I decline it, it says something about either MTU settings or ports. Weird!!

Hiro
04-11-2010, 07:29 PM
You need to put the local IP of your xbox in there. Usually 192.168.0.x

Ardemax
05-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Ok thanks.

Good new I got the update working - finally!

After like the 50th try of testing connection, cancelling, restarting, visiting the xbox help page many times and switching my router off thousands upon thousands of times

reps+ for everyone that contributed!!!

thanks!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!