PDA

View Full Version : Spam threads should be deleted

Apple
03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
In my opinion, threads such as "What are you listening to?" and "What is the weather like where you live now?" are no better than spam. The conversation between members in these threads is non existent, it seems the only thing that the majority of people who post in these threads have in mind is post count.

I know that steps have already been made to ensure threads encouraging pointless posts are not allowed however these types of threads are no different and belong in spam. Do you really think that "What are you listening to now?" would have over 15 thousand replies if it was in spam?

I wasn't surprised to see the highest poster of the month has the most posts by far in one of these spam threads. Obviously a little annoyed as I refrained from posting in those types of threads and I came 2nd. :P

mr.tom
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
i think they can be nice when people talk about things in them too but i see what you mean, they should be moved to the spam forums imo

Jordan
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Actually when James posted that there was going to be a Poster of the month, it said that posting in those sort of threads often would be seen and posts would of been deducted.

And I post in there once a day.

Nemo
03-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Actually when James posted that there was going to be a Poster of the month, it said that posting in those sort of threads often would be seen and posts would of been deducted.

And I post in there once a day.Which is exactly why it should be gone. If people know its spam, and in a posting competition is acknowledged as spam, surely it should be spam? None of this 'oh but therse a couple exceptions' nonsense.

Jordan
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, It is partly in spam, but this discussion has proped up before, and James has said it's staying as it is.

Callum.
03-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Habbox has always had them, not that I've ever really posted in them, but history should stay.

Richie
03-11-2010, 05:37 PM
In my opinion, threads such as "What are you listening to?" and "What is the weather like where you live now?" are no better than spam. The conversation between members in these threads is non existent, it seems the only thing that the majority of people who post in these threads have in mind is post count.

I know that steps have already been made to ensure threads encouraging pointless posts are not allowed however these types of threads are no different and belong in spam. Do you really think that "What are you listening to now?" would have over 15 thousand replies if it was in spam?

I wasn't surprised to see the highest poster of the month has the most posts by far in one of these spam threads. Obviously a little annoyed as I refrained from posting in those types of threads and I came 2nd. :P

I agree, I've said it before but just got flamed. Any of those threads are pointless but management don't like to admit it.

Neversoft
03-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I really don't see why some people have a problem with post count. If people want to get a high post count then why shouldn't they? It doesn't affect you in the slightest. Plus you can't complain about the person who won poster of the month replying in 'what are you listening to?' because you could have easily done the same only you chose not to. I really don't see the need for these threads to be in spam where they will probably just die off. I find them to be an interesting read. I myself have searched the 'what are you listening to?' thread many, many times just to see if people listened to the same music I did. They're good topics, lets not ruin them, okay?

Jamesy
03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I really don't see why some people have a problem with post count. If people want to get a high post count then why shouldn't they? It doesn't affect you in the slightest. Plus you can't complain about the person who won poster of the month replying in 'what are you listening to?' because you could have easily done the same only you chose not to. I really don't see the need for these threads to be in spam where they will probably just die off. I find them to be an interesting read. I myself have searched the 'what are you listening to?' thread many, many times just to see if people listened to the same music I did. It's a good thread, lets not ruin it, okay?

This is my view on it really. They do no harm, people like them, what motivation is there to kill them off?

Richie
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
This is my view on it really. They do no harm, people like them, what motivation is there to kill them off?

That's just silly, if I made a thread that was completely pointless, it would be removed whether I like it or not. This is my view on it really :rolleyes:

Nemo
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Then why have other pointless threads that contribute no discussion not been allowed?

FlyingJesus
03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
this discussion has proped up before, and James has said it's staying as it is.

A fact that you seem to enjoying abusing the hell out of (http://www.habboxforum.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=659324). Managerial reluctance to change is hardly sufficient reason for having regulated spam across the board which contributes nothing at all and requires no interesting user input while people having active conversations are punished with "off topic" warnings and get relegated to spam.

"They do no harm" and the ever-popular "omg why do you care about post count?!?" are irrelevant as it's still abuse of the system, especially when there are rank rewards for members with higher post counts and people are able to reap these rewards without actually being of any use whatsoever to the forum. We were right when this was brought up about Forum Games, and the situation isn't different now, it's just in different places

Jordan
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
A fact that you seem to enjoying abusing the hell out of (http://www.habboxforum.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=659324). Managerial reluctance to change is hardly sufficient reason for having regulated spam across the board which contributes nothing at all and requires no interesting user input while people having active conversations are punished with "off topic" warnings and get relegated to spam.

"They do no harm" and the ever-popular "omg why do you care about post count?!?" are irrelevant as it's still abuse of the system, especially when there are rank rewards for members with higher post counts and people are able to reap these rewards without actually being of any use whatsoever to the forum. We were right when this was brought up about Forum Games, and the situation isn't different now, it's just in different places

I said above, I post in there once a day... So It's been 93 days since it's been posted, and I've posted 92 times? :S
Anyway moving the What are you's will kill them out.

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 06:01 PM
The fact is, if there is no 'threaded' discussion, then it is spam. If people do not react or respond to other peoples posts (Unlike in the technology forum Post Dekstop/Setup) then it is basically spam and pointless and should be labelled as such. It is just like forum games. there used to be a rules preventing these threads from being created with management permission to prevent spammable threads. I remember when I used to use forum games a lot, it was possible to get 50 posts in one night just from that, I expect these threads are just the same.

FlyingJesus
03-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I said above, I post in there once a day... So It's been 93 days since it's been posted, and I've posted 92 times? :S

And how many of those posts helped to create or further some sort of discussion?

That's kind of our point. If no-one would post in them without the post count it proves that they're just being abused as a tool, same as forum games were before

Callum.
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
How many posts did you get this month Jordos?

Jordan
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
How many posts did you get this month Jordos?

I'm not sure, Jamess show us the top 5 people with their amount of posts, I am interested :P and I think some others are

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Who really cares anyway, they don't promote discussion.

buttons
03-11-2010, 06:42 PM
i have like 1,500 or something from both the "what are you listening to?" threads, i want my posts from there off :/
i would still use the it because i do when i'm bored not for post count, i don't like getting a post count for it

giltinux
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
i agree and wy i dont do this?!

Richie
03-11-2010, 06:45 PM
sub forum it and disable posts, boom, bobs ur uncle.

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
sub forum it and disable posts, boom, bobs ur uncle.

Or do it and don't tell anyone, no one notices and profit

immense
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM

That post didn't actually make a valid point. How is it abusing the system? That's just a bizarre line of argument to create. Everybody is on level pegging. If people want to get a higher post count then let them - it's not abusing any sort of system. Certainly not like you and others abused the reputation system in the past anyway. Yet you have defended reputation being reset before just because you want your status on here. Likewise, if people want to build up status in the form of post-count and use these threads to do then why the hell not? It certainly isn't abusing any system.

FlyingJesus
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
The reputation system's different in that if you get lots of reps that's obviously because you're viewed highly and have in some way earned it - it's a cumulative thing which if allowed to be used properly mimicks real life by allowing those of greater esteem to have a larger effect on the reputation of others, much like how in school if the most popular kid doesn't like someone it has a bigger effect on their standing amongst peers than if the caretaker or lunch lady takes a disliking to them. Regardless of that, there are no extras that you get on forum for having high rep other than rep power, so you couldn't use the same argument against it.

People getting access to actual rewards (rather than the perceived/ego rewards of reputation) by utilising management's inability to realise that staying on topic isn't necessarily the same thing as a good post/thread is abuse of the system, because they're getting rewarded without helping the forum in any way. The features you get for having a high post count are supposed to be a thank-you for being an active and valuable member of the forum, and as keeps being said, threads such as those mentioned here are of no value.

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
People getting access to actual rewards (rather than the perceived/ego rewards of reputation) by utilising management's inability to realise that staying on topic isn't necessarily the same thing as a good post/thread is abuse of the system, because they're getting rewarded without helping the forum in any way. The features you get for having a high post count are supposed to be a thank-you for being an active and valuable member of the forum, and as keeps being said, threads such as those mentioned here are of no value.

Exactly, posts are to convince people to stay at an active and engaging forum (Which is why there are rewards for making posts) rather than to be made in threads where people can not reply to them (People should not be rewarded for making low quality posts that take five seconds). Posts which cannot be replied to (Without sounding REALLY weird) should be considered as spam as they contribute nothing except wasted Bandwidth and time.

Richie
04-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Exactly, posts are to convince people to stay at an active and engaging forum (Which is why there are rewards for making posts) rather than to be made in threads where people can not reply to them (People should not be rewarded for making low quality posts that take five seconds). Posts which cannot be replied to (Without sounding REALLY weird) should be considered as spam as they contribute nothing except wasted Bandwidth and time.

I totally agree, but I don't think management really care about the bandwidth once the forums active :P

Catzsy
04-11-2010, 05:32 PM
The reputation system's different in that if you get lots of reps that's obviously because you're viewed highly and have in some way earned it - it's a cumulative thing which if allowed to be used properly mimicks real life by allowing those of greater esteem to have a larger effect on the reputation of others, much like how in school if the most popular kid doesn't like someone it has a bigger effect on their standing amongst peers than if the caretaker or lunch lady takes a disliking to them. Regardless of that, there are no extras that you get on forum for having high rep other than rep power, so you couldn't use the same argument against it.

Agreed. One thing about Habbox Forum that could always be guaranteed was that members posting to get their post count up would be contacted almost immediately thus ensuring that there was content of good quality for members to read and reply to. As far as I know pointless posts and threads are still against the rules. I would consider that starting a thread and just asking a question without giving an opinion is pointless and only done for one reason. I hope the leniency is not a panic measure just to give the impression that the forum is more active because if it is the quality of this forum is going to plummet and just be left to the spammers and the egotists.

Richie
05-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Agreed. One thing about Habbox Forum that could always be guaranteed was that members posting to get their post count up would be contacted almost immediately thus ensuring that there was content of good quality for members to read and reply to. As far as I know pointless posts and threads are still against the rules. I would consider that starting a thread and just asking a question without giving an opinion is pointless and only done for one reason. I hope the leniency is not a panic measure just to give the impression that the forum is more active because if it is the quality of this forum is going to plummet and just be left to the spammers and the egotists.

Well said, but thats all it is for, quatity not quality and we know it, otherwise they would of too action looking at the complaints already.

AgnesIO
06-11-2010, 07:51 PM

If they were in spam they wouldn't be anywhere near as popular. A thread the other day was moved to spam, had around ten replies before it was moved to spam, and got two more after - even though it has been in spam for longer.

That's my dislike for them.

Sharon
06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Don't see the massive harm in having them - it's a good post raiser and it's normally what newer members post in to get a post count.

FlyingJesus
06-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Don't see the massive harm in having them - it's a good post raiser and it's normally what newer members post in to get a post count.

Thanks for agreeing that they're of no use in terms of meaningful discussion

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 12:10 AM
~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion.

SINCE WHEN, have these threads promoted active discussion?

Threads break rules, therefore threads should be locked.

Richie
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
How come this thread is just being ignored by staff?

immense
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Jamesy has answered saying they are staying. Why are you ignoring staff?

Special
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
How come this thread is just being ignored by staff?

because they're sick of hearing the same things in regards to pointless threads

Richie
07-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Jamesy has answered saying they are staying. Why are you ignoring staff?

Yeah but there was more posts made after he replied, stating why they are pointless.

because they're sick of hearing the same things in regards to pointless threads

Sick of the truth eh

Jake your only defending the fact that they are pointless because your the main culprit.

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I answered in the other thread. There have been about 3 made on the subject :P.

immense
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I would take you seriously but you used your rather than you're. Some people like Jen, Jord have thousands of their posts from these threads. I don't. So pipe down.

Richie
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I would take you seriously but you used your rather than you're. Some people like Jen, Jord have thousands of their posts from these threads. I don't. So pipe down.

haha you think you're the dogs **** correcting errors in peoples sentences. Yeah maybe Jen & Jord do have loadsa posts in them threads but still you're the one creating them :S

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Regardless, these threads need to be removed or moved to spam as they clearly break forum rules.

immense
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
haha you think you're the dogs **** correcting errors in peoples sentences. Yeah maybe Jen & Jord do have loadsa posts in them threads but still you're the one creating them :S

My threads that are seen as spam have been removed to spam. All others provoke discussion. Clearly, you're not aware that's what forums do. You'll learn.

Regardless, these threads need to be removed or moved to spam as they clearly break forum rules.

Rules are open to interpretation. Are you suggesting we move Post What You're Listening To into spam when it has been there for countless years and some people will lost over 1,000 posts. Bizarre. Selfish. Silly.

Richie
07-11-2010, 06:45 PM
My threads that are seen as spam have been removed to spam. All others provoke discussion. Clearly, you're not aware that's what forums do. You'll learn.

Rules are open to interpretation. Are you suggesting we move Post What You're Listening To into spam when it has been there for countless years and some people will lost over 1,000 posts. Bizarre. Selfish. Silly.

Lock the threads and create a new ones in spam. Then those who posted in the threads won't lose their posts.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 06:46 PM

Yes, sure. Or close the thread and reopen a new one in music, just because it's an old thread doesn't make it exempt from forum rules.
Please also explain how this is 'Bizarre', 'Selfish' or 'Silly'.

Is there ANY discussion in this thread: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=566384&p=6827156

Stop defending your spam just so you can, as you call it, get your posts past your other account.

Hecktix
07-11-2010, 06:48 PM

You missed damn right stupid - What are you listening to? is one of the longest running threads on HabboxForum, to turn it to spam would be a stupid mistake, we all know if a thread like that was in spam it'd stay on topic for 5 minutes. Neversoft made some very good points regarding why this thread should be where it is.

It's not often Jake and I see eye to eye, however he's nailed this one on the head with this post, his recent thread spree has been managed well by the moderation team and any "spamlike" threads have been moved to spam as stated they should be in this thread, the other threads Jake has posted have raised quite worthwhile discussions and you guys should be giving him rep not moaning about them, OMG THREADS ARE BEING MADE ON THE FORUM? WTF????

immense
07-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Post A Pic was removed from spam because people were being bullied. Now they're not. Perhaps people would be bullied if they listened to music other people thought was odd. Are you promoting bullying? Or are you just wanting to rip all history out of the forum - some of these threads have been up for years and have never caused any issues. It's always the same people who have been here for a while with high posts that don't want them gone. It makes me laugh. These threads are some of the most important - it allows new users to establish themselves and fit in with the community. Something HxF needs. Maybe, as well as promoting bullying you want HxF to fail.

---------- Post added 07-11-2010 at 06:51 PM ----------

Yes, sure. Or close the thread and reopen a new one in music, just because it's an old thread doesn't make it exempt from forum rules.
Please also explain how this is 'Bizarre', 'Selfish' or 'Silly'.

Is there ANY discussion in this thread: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=566384&p=6827156

Stop defending your spam just so you can, as you call it, get your posts past your other account.

If you knew anything about the moderation, like Hecktix who has replied you will see a lot of my threads have been moved to spam. Even ones which were created years ago and allowed to stay in Discuss Anything - being here for just over 3 years perhaps you don't understand the history of some of the mentioned threads. To add, I think it's very unlikely I'm going to overtake my 18,500 posts on my Immenseman account. I post actively - not to overtake my old account because I'm a chatty person. You're the one with your post count in your sig - get over it.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Post A Pic was removed from spam because people were being bullied. Now they're not. Perhaps people would be bullied if they listened to music other people thought was odd. Are you promoting bullying? Or are you just wanting to rip all history out of the forum - some of these threads have been up for years and have never caused any issues. It's always the same people who have been here for a while with high posts that don't want them gone. It makes me laugh. These threads are some of the most important - it allows new users to establish themselves and fit in with the community. Something HxF needs. Maybe, as well as promoting bullying you want HxF to fail.

No it doesn't, it allows people like you to spam your way back into a high post count. You said it yourself. The age of the thread is moot, rules are RULES. There will be no bullying since there is no discussion, people genuinely couldn't care less about what you're listening to as is evident from the posts in that thread. It only serves to boost the post count of people like you.

Edit:

Perhaps you don't understand the history of some of the mentioned threads.
I don't need too, all I need to know is it promotes no discussion and therefore has no place on a discussion board.

immense
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM
No it doesn't, it allows people like you to spam your way back into a high post count. You said it yourself. The age of the thread is moot, rules are RULES. There will be no bullying since there is no discussion, people genuinely couldn't care less about what you're listening to as is evident from the posts in that thread. It only serves to boost the post count of people like you.

People like me? As I've already explained, some people have thousands from said threads, I do not. You notice me because I'm HxF King. I find it funny how you keep rattling on about me and my post count but like I've already mentioned you're the overly cool kid who has their post count in their signature. Trying to prove a point about posting? Go you. We can see it in your user bit, thanks. Also, you pick and choose which bits to reply to because I have trumped you. They serve an essential role in allowing new users to become established on the forum. As FlyingJesus has pointed out before, members don't persevere with this forum. Perhaps they find it to hard to break into. If this is the case they will find it considerably harder by moving these threads into spam. Which won't happen anyway as General Management oppose the idea. Checkmate.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
People like me? As I've already explained, some people have thousands from said threads, I do not. You notice me because I'm HxF King. I find it funny how you keep rattling on about me and my post count but like I've already mentioned you're the overly cool kid who has their post count in their signature. Trying to prove a point about posting? Go you. We can see it in your user bit, thanks. Also, you pick and choose which bits to reply to because I have trumped you. They serve an essential role in allowing new users to become established on the forum. As FlyingJesus has pointed out before, members don't persevere with this forum. Perhaps they find it to hard to break into. If this is the case they will find it considerably harder by moving these threads into spam. Which won't happen anyway as General Management oppose the idea. Checkmate.

"~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion."

There is no legitimate reason to allow these threads to stay, there is no discussion and there is no 'genuine' enjoyment in making posts within these threads. All they are is spam.

immense
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
"~ Do not posts threads which only allow for short, one or two word answers and do not promote active discussion."

There is no legitimate reason to allow these threads to stay, there is no discussion and there is no 'genuine' enjoyment in making posts within these threads. All they are is spam.

Again, you go back to the same baseline. The pros outweigh the cons. In response to your irrelevant point just so you can sleep easy. Numerous times in threads like PAPOY and Post What You're Listening To there has been some discussion. "Cool was that picture taken in Ireland - I went there, here's one of me there: IMG" or something like "YAY you're listening to MCR, I love that band!"

Out of curiosity, do you understand what discussion is?

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
And you'll notice the ones that only produce 1 - 2 word answers get moved.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I've just looked over about 8 pages, there was one event of discussion in EIGHT pages, I also have my account set to forty posts per page so to put it into your terms that's 320 posts with one post of discussion.

And you'll notice the ones that only produce 1 - 2 word answers get moved.
Granted, that does not occur in What are you listening to, but:

"< artist > - <song name>"

does not equal

"active discussion"

immense
07-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I've just looked over about 8 pages, there was one event of discussion in EIGHT pages, I also have my account set to forty posts per page so to put it into your terms that's 32 pages with one piece of discussion.

In answer to my question then, no you don't understand discussion.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
In answer to my question then, no you don't understand discussion.

"< artist > - <song name>"

does not equal

"active discussion"

immense
07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
So you want that thread gone? I'm pretty sure even the people who want these supposed 'spam' threads gone wouldn't agree with that going too. You have totally ignored all my points with your sheer ignorance to the alternative argument. If you had presented your case ever so slightly better, or raised more than one point management might have even considered it.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 07:14 PM
So you want that thread gone? I'm pretty sure even the people who want these supposed 'spam' threads gone wouldn't agree with that going too. You have totally ignored all my points with your sheer ignorance to the alternative argument. If you had presented your case ever so slightly better, or raised more than one point management might have even considered it.

I do have two points, it does not produce active discussion and people spam in it.

immense
07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Spam is stupid pointless annoying messages. Answers that reply to a five year old thread do not come under this category.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Spam is stupid pointless annoying messages. Answers that reply to a five year old thread do not come under this category.

I fail to see how the fact that it's an old thread affects this.

-:Undertaker:-
07-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I really don't see why some people have a problem with post count. If people want to get a high post count then why shouldn't they? It doesn't affect you in the slightest. Plus you can't complain about the person who won poster of the month replying in 'what are you listening to?' because you could have easily done the same only you chose not to. I really don't see the need for these threads to be in spam where they will probably just die off. I find them to be an interesting read. I myself have searched the 'what are you listening to?' thread many, many times just to see if people listened to the same music I did. They're good topics, lets not ruin them, okay?

Damn right.

immense
07-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Damn right.

First and last time me and you will ever agree. Apart from about fit guys and stuff.

Apple
07-11-2010, 09:11 PM
I really don't understand why anyone would deny the fact that threads such as "What are you listening to?" do not promote any discussion whatsoever and take about 2 seconds to post in.

As FlyingJesus has already said:

immense
07-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I really don't understand why anyone would deny the fact that threads such as "What are you listening to?" do not promote any discussion whatsoever and take about 2 seconds to post in.

As FlyingJesus has already said:

If you actually read the posts in the thread (is that really too much to ask for some people) you would have seen quite clearly there are more reasons for keeping them. All you moaners come back with is "there is no diskushun". Sometimes in health forums and I ask a question, everyone replies to my opening post rather than the ones in the thread and therefore aren't discussing the topic - but answering/replying. Same can be applied to the thread you mentioned.

Apple
07-11-2010, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen a reason worthy enough of allowing them yet in my opinion. Obviously management aren't going to want rid as they bring in so many posts.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
If you actually read the posts in the thread (is that really too much to ask for some people) you would have seen quite clearly there are more reasons for keeping them.
I haven't seen any yet. Except for 'it's heritage' or some other rubbish reason why it's allowed to break the rules.

immense
07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
+ Allow new users to establish themselves
+ They reply to the original post which is what the idea behind a forum is
+ Some of them have been here 6 years and never caused any issues

Three to get your tongues wagging.

Chippiewill
07-11-2010, 09:55 PM
+ Allow new users to establish themselves

By adding to no discussion and by just boosting their post count? Also I have not seen any posts from new users in the "What are you listening to" thread.

+ They reply to the original post which is what the idea behind a forum is

No,

a) It's a discussion board not a forum
b) It's breaking a rule on this forum
c) The idea behind a discussion board is to reply to other posts as well as the original post. That's why it's threaded discussion.

+ Some of them have been here 6 years and never caused any issues

And? That doesn't mean anything. Just because the thread is old does not make it worthwhile to keep.

immense
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
By adding to no discussion and by just boosting their post count? Also I have not seen any posts from new users in the "What are you listening to" thread.

No,

a) It's a discussion board not a forum
b) It's breaking a rule on this forum
c) The idea behind a discussion board is to reply to other posts as well as the original post. That's why it's threaded discussion.

And? That doesn't mean anything. Just because the thread is old does not make it worthwhile to keep.

It's a forum. Hence the name, Habbox FORUM - I thought even you would be able to work that one. In addition, you don't use these threads, there are plenty of newer users 2009 onwards who are trying to get a bigger post count to establish themselves. Is that doing any harm? Is it ****. Is it harming you or anybody else? No. Just because you've been here a bit longer you have forgotten what it's like to be a newb. I know you haven't been here very long in comparison to some people and that leads me onto my next point, maybe you don't understand Habbox and what it's about. A fun place. Fun. Fun. Would you like a dictionary definition for the word fun? Stop trying to squash it all.

Catzsy
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM
It's a forum. Hence the name, Habbox FORUM - I thought even you would be able to work that one. In addition, you don't use these threads, there are plenty of newer users 2009 onwards who are trying to get a bigger post count to establish themselves. Is that doing any harm? Is it ****. Is it harming you or anybody else? No. Just because you've been here a bit longer you have forgotten what it's like to be a newb. I know you haven't been here very long in comparison to some people and that leads me onto my next point, maybe you don't understand Habbox and what it's about. A fun place. Fun. Fun. Would you like a dictionary definition for the word fun? Stop trying to squash it all.

Evidence for this? Personally the day the management started panicing about number of threads posted and how many users were online is the day this forum started to go downhill.
If I remember rightly there were virually just about two members banging on about habbox being less popular. Quite honestly It is seems the londer you shout and the more dominant you are the more you appreciated these days even if the threads can be moved to spam - it means that the person was spamming in the first place and continuing to do it all the time should mean action is taken. I do not believe that the FM or AGM (staff) have taken the right decision on this occasion and in fact it has the reverse effect of putting valuable members off the forum.
At the end of the day, Jake, Habbox Forum is not all about 'you'.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!