PDA

View Full Version : Stuto's Server Is No More

Firehorse
03-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I've come to a final decision on the server's future.

The possibility of a VPS was talked about almost from the very start, many said they would help towards paying for it. Little more than a week ago this possibility became feasable; but couldn't happen after time ran out.

Why did time run out? - Time ran out due to the launch of CreeperCraft. They wanted to build a seperate community just for minecrafters, unfortunately they started with the small community of minecrafters on here who migrated to their server. This left my server with the odd person online just popping on to check if anyone else was online.

About a month ago I did a deal with CreeperCraft to run their servers in exchange for hosting mine. Unfortunately due to the commotion caused by Cecer they decided to cancel the deal, shortly before I banned Cecer anyway. The offer wasn't reconsidered.

So for these reasons the server is no more. In future it is possible that i'll upload a copy of the map for use in singleplayer, or dependant on a situation change leave the possibility open of continuing the server.

I'll now just be a normal player on other various servers, to access the CreeperCraft server navigate to their website to request build permissions. Their server is still new and so has less features and is a little more restricted, but that's where the community is at and is what counts. (Although lookout for the trouble makers who were previously banned).

Thanks to all who helped to build a brilliant map and large number of creations - It Was Fun!

Matthew
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Its a shame, we had such good times on your server :/

Oh well, best of luck to creepercraft! :)

dbgtz
03-11-2010, 10:09 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( Seriously wtf! It's been low for a couple of days, it could always recover.

Recursion
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM
It's a shame really, even though I didn't visit often! I do suggest putting the map up for download though :)

jackass
03-11-2010, 10:18 PM
It is a big shame, I really enjoyed my time on your server. Either way, hopefully we'll be having future talks about this server business, and your input to it Stuto. :)

Firehorse
03-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Final Cartograph (Been a while since the last one)

http://fileserve.webshark.co/Minecraft/custom-map-obliqueangle-day6.png

Oleh
03-11-2010, 10:40 PM
:( Ill have to find another server, If you can find the "hello" and "habbo" i tried making, ill rep you :)

Jamesy
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks for all your time in running the server Stuto! :)

Josh
03-11-2010, 10:47 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/sy5g6h.png

Aww, I guess the time has to come sooner or later.

Recursion
03-11-2010, 11:00 PM
Final Cartograph (Been a while since the last one)

Someone wanna upload this elsewhere? I'm auto IP banned from his site and cba to reboot the router hehe (A)

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 11:02 PM
:( Ill have to find another server, If you can find the "hello" and "habbo" i tried making, ill rep you :)
Hello is bottom left in or on the water and habbo is bottom right spread across a hill

jackass
03-11-2010, 11:03 PM

server.creepercraft.co.uk ;)

Verrou
04-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Upload the world save files pls and thanks.

Martin
04-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Awww :( Ima miss your server! Thanks for all your time and effort running it and making all the changes it, it was fun! RIP Cave :'(

Oleh
04-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Full of penis's. Joined yesterday and got some grief from flicker like usual due to his insecurities

FlyingJesus
04-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Mmmm penis.

Anyway, despite whatever differences we had at one point (which was almost entirely due to Cecer really not yourself) I thoroughly enjoyed this server during its time and hope you'll stick around at CC with the community, teaching Jack how to cuboid so that he doesn't destroy the entire world :P who knows if it really kicks off or if Robbie gets shot we may yet have use of your services

Stephen
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM

unless tom and graham get told to stop calling him fat then I don't think he is gonna go anywhere near creepercraft

jackass
04-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Full of penis's. Joined yesterday and got some grief from flicker like usual due to his insecurities

Yeah, we'll be dealing very severely with bullying and negativity on the server, and flicker WILL get a speaking to about it.

Nemo
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah, we'll be dealing very severely with bullying and negativity on the server, and flicker WILL get a speaking to about it.
Yep, he's been ip banned now. So if anyone has an issue with him should no longer be wary of visiting us and the rest of the community at CreeperCraft :)

Chippiewill
04-11-2010, 09:35 PM
RIP, I never got to know you :/

Verrou
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Post the **** world save pls.

lovethewayyoulie
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Yep, he's been ip banned now. So if anyone has an issue with him should no longer be wary of visiting us and the rest of the community at CreeperCraft :)

Sorry but can't you read? Tom and Graham. I don't see Tom banned?
He started it and maybe if you even remotely looked into it you would see him and his equaly sized friend scywer (some jewish name or something) where shouting homophobic abuse at me.. and they started it. Dont see them banned.

Stephen
05-11-2010, 11:33 PM
He started it and maybe if you even remotely looked into it you would see him and his equaly sized friend scywer (some jewish name or something) where shouting homophobic abuse at me.. and they started it. Dont see them banned.

tbh as soon as he came on you started it and then he came back with some gay stuff and then tom joined after that so technically you started it

xxMATTGxx
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
It's a shame that your server is no more, it's the only server I really went on when I was playing minecraft and had fun while being on it. I will have to look for somewhere else now! Thanks for everything you have done for it though.

Nemo
06-11-2010, 11:25 AM

tbh as soon as he came on you started it and then he came back with some gay stuff and then tom joined after that so technically you started it

This. Also, we've had a talk with Tom so that shouldn't be happening anymore. Everyone knows Tom can be a little out there with his comments whilst you can be just plain rude. We've told Tom to remember his position now and nothing like this should be happening anymore.

rihannna
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
This. Also, we've had a talk with Tom so that shouldn't be happening anymore. Everyone knows Tom can be a little out there with his comments whilst you can be just plain rude. We've told Tom to remember his position now and nothing like this should be happening anymore.

Sorry but its clear that when it comes to matters regarding Tom you are just a push over, he use to grief things on your other server yet you did nothing. What i said was no worse that what Tom did. He called the kid fat and gave him pork? How is that not rude? I found it funny but im pretty sure hunky was insulted lol.

Still dont see the other two creatures banned for the abuse they shouted at me which was just plain homophobic and rude.

saying i suck ****? saying im insecure? telling me to **** my dad? telling me to come out of the closet?
Great at investigating things you are Niamh. Even titch agreed that the other two were worse than me and basically got off scott-free

Nemo
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Sorry but its clear that when it comes to matters regarding Tom you are just a push over, he use to grief things on your other server yet you did nothing. What i said was no worse that what Tom did. He called the kid fat and gave him pork? How is that not rude? I found it funny but im pretty sure hunky was insulted lol.

Still dont see the other two creatures banned for the abuse they shouted at me which was just plain homophobic and rude.

saying i suck ****? saying im insecure? telling me to **** my dad? telling me to come out of the closet?
Great at investigating things you are Niamh. Even titch agreed that the other two were worse than me and basically got off scott-free
You can call me a push over, you can call me what you want. I'm not really bothered to be honest. Oh, and i did used to deal with him on my server. He used to grief and i used to freeze him and just mess him about, but hey forget what you want.

Which two creatures are you referring to?

And as for your ban really, i don't see much you point in continuously bringing it up. We've made our decision and its final, and from the feedback i've gotten for numerous people, it was a good one. Sorry Graham but you just aren't welcome back.

rihannna
06-11-2010, 12:44 PM
you froze him once lmao
Quite clear you are a push over.

Im refering to Hilly and Scy. whatever
but i suppose you wont ban them because they like to build ugly things on the server along with you even though titch has said he doesn't want that.

GommeInc
06-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Looks like another server might be going the same way too, if the above arguments are anything to go by. I swear they're reminiscent of Stuto's server :P

Nemo
06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
you froze him once lmao
Quite clear you are a push over.

Im refering to Hilly and Scy. whatever
but i suppose you wont ban them because they like to build ugly things on the server along with you even though titch has said he doesn't want that.
Call me what you want, you're banned. Discussion over.

Looks like another server might be going the same way too, if the above arguments are anything to go by. I swear they're reminiscent of Stuto's server :P
Nah, its just Graham crying because he's been naughty again. Same old same old, nothing else going on ;)

jackass
06-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Guys, don't be put off by this at all. Literally, the only negativity and problem on the server has now been solved with a ban, so don't worry about coming on.

FlyingJesus
06-11-2010, 02:21 PM

I didn't grief on Niamh's he froze me a few times because I wanted to make a garden and he thought that I was trying to grief the building next to it, and while I can't deny having called hooperchomper fat on Stuto's server I didn't do so the one time I've seen him on CC, I even went through the logs after your ban to make sure I hadn't done anything to get me in trouble lol

Do 100% agree that the others were far worse than you though, it was pretty much constant from what I could see even at the times when you weren't retaliating, and as their abuse was about something intrinsic to your character (being a bumboy) rather than something that can be helped/changed (being fat) I'd consider that far far worse.

Nah, its just Graham crying because he's been naughty again. Same old same old, nothing else going on ;)

He's really not the worst one in this, as explained above. Furthermore, having spent days building an entire town one of the aggressors started building on land Graham had prepared for another building and refused to have it moved even though it didn't/doesn't match the town style at all and was clearly upsetting Graham who'd worked hard to build what's frankly a pretty intricate and expansive town, which I believe is what set off the arguments between those two. Also I'm not sure if it's at all connected but when I went to have a look around it yesterday morning I found that some kind soul had decided to put dirt blocks all over the trees in one area of it and attempted to flood the pathways around the town. It didn't take long to clear up but seeing as how Graham had no access to the server by then we can assume that problems are not (at least solely) down to him.

Guys, don't be put off by this at all. Literally, the only negativity and problem on the server has now been solved with a ban, so don't worry about coming on.

Unfortunately there's nothing solved about it, since it's an unfair ban and hasn't taken into account the far more troubling actions of other members

Nemo
06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I didn't grief on Niamh's he froze me a few times because I wanted to make a garden and he thought that I was trying to grief the building next to it, and while I can't deny having called hooperchomper fat on Stuto's server I didn't do so the one time I've seen him on CC, I even went through the logs after your ban to make sure I hadn't done anything to get me in trouble lol

Do 100% agree that the others were far worse than you though, it was pretty much constant from what I could see even at the times when you weren't retaliating, and as their abuse was about something intrinsic to your character (being a bumboy) rather than something that can be helped/changed (being fat) I'd consider that far far worse.

He's really not the worst one in this, as explained above. Furthermore, having spent days building an entire town one of the aggressors started building on land Graham had prepared for another building and refused to have it moved even though it didn't/doesn't match the town style at all and was clearly upsetting Graham who'd worked hard to build what's frankly a pretty intricate and expansive town, which I believe is what set off the arguments between those two. Also I'm not sure if it's at all connected but when I went to have a look around it yesterday morning I found that some kind soul had decided to put dirt blocks all over the trees in one area of it and attempted to flood the pathways around the town. It didn't take long to clear up but seeing as how Graham had no access to the server by then we can assume that problems are not (at least solely) down to him.

Unfortunately there's nothing solved about it, since it's an unfair ban and hasn't taken into account the far more troubling actions of other members
Any acts of abuse are going to be dealt with and i dont really fancy discussing it any further in the public. Me and the other admins will go through the logs and ban whoever has been abusive. I will be having NONE of this on this server.

Middlesbrough
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Call me what you want, you're banned. Discussion over.

I'd quite like to know why I got banned for arguing with someone that griefed my stuff?

Thanks.

Actually I hadn't refused to remove anything, he just decided he would decide to 'tell' me to remove it instead of asking like an actual person would, it was also far enough away from the town, seeing as I built the path towards the house, and made it far enough away that it didn't have to be part of the town, never the less he still had no right to burn my work down.

Also to add to the other point, calling someone gay is just as bad as calling someone fat, another thing is that flicker wasn't banned just for calling HillyBoy fat, he was also banned for griefing, which means I have only done one of these which was argue with flicker after he said 'he seen a pic of me and im fat' aswell as griefing my stuff.

Nemo
06-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Not discussing this anymore in this thread (partly because i dont want it to get closed). If you have any issues regarding the server (recieving abuse or bans etc.) then feel free to PM me.

ben
06-11-2010, 05:23 PM
this isnt a real business btw

Firehorse
06-11-2010, 06:56 PM
this isnt a real business btw

Care to explain what you mean by this?

Verrou
06-11-2010, 07:40 PM
All I want is the god damned save file. THANKS STUTO.

Firehorse
06-11-2010, 08:10 PM
All I want is the god damned save file. THANKS STUTO.

Soon, but not yet.

dbgtz
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Care to explain what you mean by this?

I think he means it's being treated too seriously when it's not actually meant to be a business, which it seems it is. Basically, minecraft should be for fun not for rules rules rules and more ******* rules. And arguements.

Oleh
06-11-2010, 11:01 PM
The people causing the arguments are those causing the problems and should be wiped off the server.

Firehorse
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Map download for offline use.

By downloading this file you agree that you will use it only in singleplayer mode and will not host it on a multiplayer server. You agree that this file will not be repackaged, and/or re-uploaded elsewhere under any circumstances. Individual user data has been removed from this file. If the server does ever return then this version of the file is the one it will be continued with.

http://fileserve.webshark.co/Minecraft/world.rar

To uncompress the files you will need to download Winrar.

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 06:23 PM
How would you use it in single player? Or do you mean a local server or something.

Firehorse
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
How would you use it in single player? Or do you mean a local server or something.

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Username\AppData then in the minecraft folder go to saves and lets say you had world 3 empty, create a folder named World3 and then paste the map into that.

Also you might want to turn settings to peaceful if you don't want creepers blowing stuff up.

Recursion
07-11-2010, 07:00 PM
It's not technically your property, people are entitled to run an SMP server with it.

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\Username\AppData then in the minecraft folder go to saves and lets say you had world 3 empty, create a folder named World3 and then paste the map into that.

Also you might want to turn settings to peaceful if you don't want creepers blowing stuff up.

cheers :)

Firehorse
07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
It's not technically your property, people are entitled to run an SMP server with it.

No they aren't because I am distributing it under these conditions. Thats like making a music track and giving it to someone to listen to by themselves, then would you want them re-uploading it and claiming it's theirs?

If I hadn't said anything or had said people could do what they wanted with it then it's another situation. That's like you saying that you could redistribute a copied Harry Potter book even though the author may have requested that you don't do so.

And if you start saying "Other people contributed to it" then you could also say the same for the Harry Potter book example.

Those are the terms under which I have uploaded it for people to use, if people don't wish to agree to them then I will simply just remove the file.

Recursion
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
No they aren't because I am distributing it under these conditions. Thats like making a music track and giving it to someone to listen to by themselves, then would you want them re-uploading it and claiming it's theirs?

If I hadn't said anything or had said people could do what they wanted with it then it's another situation. That's like you saying that you could redistribute a copied Harry Potter book even though the author may have requested that you don't do so.

And if you start saying "Other people contributed to it" then you could also say the same for the Harry Potter book example.

Those are the terms under which I have uploaded it for people to use, if people don't wish to agree to them then I will simply just remove the file.

Once somethings on the internet, you'll never get it off again. Anyway, you used Notch's application, using Notch's algorithms to produce the map, other people (who didn't agree to any terms in the first place) created stuff on the map on your server, in theory, you don't have a leg to stand on ;) :P

Also you can redistribute books, just so long as you don't make money from it and it's only temporarly (so borrowing or lending to other people), what you aren't allowed to do is copy the book, but either way that has nothing in common with this map, so unless these guys make a pay to play server with the map, again, you've not got a leg to stand on :P

Firehorse
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Notch created the program which generates a map, but that doesn't make every map created his property.

So here's an example: A man invents a printer. It doesn't make everything produced from the printer automatically belong to him!
Everything made after the initial rendering of the map was done out of time used which I spent servicing the server, electricity used to power my pc, and bandwidth used to exchange data.

So now you can all thank Tom because i'm removing the file.

Oleh
07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Its a god damn minecraft map, nobody would want to use this on a smp anyway due to the simple fact, there is many users names plastered over it which they probably never heard of.

So nobody cares if he has "a leg to stand on" just be thankful the hard work is (was) out there.

Jeesus

Recursion
07-11-2010, 08:03 PM
Its a god damn minecraft map, nobody would want to use this on a smp anyway due to the simple fact, there is many users names plastered over it which they probably never heard of.

So nobody cares if he has "a leg to stand on" just be thankful the hard work is (was) out there.

Jeesus

Oh I'm not bothered about it, I went on once, wrote my name, came back to check on things 4 weeks later then stayed on my own server <3

If you would like his map ask me, I have two mirrors of it, both scanned with ClamAV ;)

Firehorse
07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh I'm not bothered about it, I went on one, wrote my name, came back to check on things 4 weeks later then stayed on my own server <3

If you would like his map ask me, I have two mirrors of it, both scanned with ClamAV ;)

then ****

xxMATTGxx
07-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Notch created the program which generates a map, but that doesn't make every map created his property.

So here's an example: A man invents a printer. It doesn't make everything produced from the printer automatically belong to him!
Everything made after the initial rendering of the map was done out of time used which I spent servicing the server, electricity used to power my pc, and bandwidth used to exchange data.

So now you can all thank Tom because i'm removing the file.

Normally a printer would be designed in a huge company which then owns the printer. Like Sulake owns any of the images that are on a number of Habbo fansites!

Meaning you could not successfully stop someone from using the map on their online server if they wanted to as it isn't owned or created by you. It's all created on a game that wasn't designed by you.

dbgtz
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM
urrm, is the link broken or is it just me?

xxMATTGxx
07-11-2010, 11:31 PM
urrm, is the link broken or is it just me?

Stuto deleted it, although I do believe Recursion has a copy on his website if you send him a PM.

Verrou
08-11-2010, 08:07 AM
WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- I was the one bustin my ass about getting the map up and I didn't even get a copy. Reupload pls. Or PM me it :)

jackass
08-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Recursion has uploaded it, so PM him I think. :)

Recursion
08-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Original link works from Dan: http://fileserve.webshark.co/Minecraft/world.rar

Stephen
16-11-2010, 04:52 PM
stuto you may need to get your server back up again soon

Verrou
16-11-2010, 10:43 PM
I AGREE D: Creepercraft is ****craft.

Nemo
16-11-2010, 10:45 PM
stuto you may need to get your server back up again soon
We're trying to get someone to run the server really, and are trying to do so asap.

I AGREE D: Creepercraft is ****craft.
Appreciate the kind words of support. Please do continue.

Robbie
16-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Server has been updated and hopefully now fixed so all should be well again

jackass
16-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Fire just broke out inside my HQ somehow, absolutely impossible seeing as no one was on ~ some sort of bug?

Managed to put it out just in time, but got some bad wiring damage...

Also, that Minecart in the middle is very suspicious, and bad things seem to happen around it, like the fire and missing doors and things. Plus, it won't go!! :'(

Robbie
16-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Shall look at all bugs tomorrow

Nemo
16-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Fire just broke out inside my HQ somehow, absolutely impossible seeing as no one was on ~ some sort of bug?

Managed to put it out just in time, but got some bad wiring damage...

Also, that Minecart in the middle is very suspicious, and bad things seem to happen around it, like the fire and missing doors and things. Plus, it won't go!! :'(Minecarts cant be destroyed because they're releated to player health which (obviously) still doesnt work

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!