PDA

View Full Version : INTER-FLIPPING-NATIONAL

Alex3213
04-11-2010, 04:15 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IM GONNA FLIP

kk I was exagerating, but having said that it really bugs me:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=673316&p=6820179#post6820179

I absoloutely detest the last line:

International applications will remain open, so if you live outside of the GMT/BST timezone you can still send your application in!

Sure people will think I am exagerating like I was at the first line but no, I don't like it. I personally think the word should be banned it's that annoying! We merged. We came as a UK fansite but now we are under 5 hotels using the .com domain (hehe I think it was Myke who doesn't like bold so I had to add it in).

Do we need the word to be used? Surely "Group 2 & 3 applications remain open, thus anyone can apply currently, whatever timezone you're in!" would do as a sensible line. I think, however stupid it may sound, this is something which drives people away from Habbox. It is still far too UK oriented, and language like this doesn't exactly help.

Sorry for the rant.

Inseriousity.
04-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Personally I think you're exaggerating.

Do we need the word to be used?
Does it really matter if it is used? It's a word. Not a very inclusive word but it's just words nevertheless.

However, the whole UK-oriented thing I agree with but at least there has been some attempts at sorting this out (the events with FieryCold). It's not like anyone here has a magic wand that'll bring internationals (yes I said it, don't flip :() here.

Eoin247
04-11-2010, 04:26 PM
I agree that it's still .co.uk oriented and that "international" thing isn't helping. I think as a whole the community should invite their new .com habbos from all over the world to habbox and the forums. In fact why not give an award for successfully bringing in new habbox forum users from around the world?

,Jess,
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Probably wasn't intentional and out of habit (like before groups happened thats what would be written) because on the site and the last time group 1 were open it said group 2 and 3 remained open and not international. Things have improved now though in terms of being more focused worldwide rather than just UK and I think they can only improve.

Conservative,
04-11-2010, 05:01 PM
It's not because they're not from the UK, it's because they're in different timezones. You're overreacting imo lol. We can't have all apps open all the time because if we have too many UK DJs, the UK times will be fought over but the other times (ie; our sleep-time/school time) will be empty. Hence why different applications for different places open.

Alex3213
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Probably wasn't intentional and out of habit (like before groups happened thats what would be written) because on the site and the last time group 1 were open it said group 2 and 3 remained open and not international. Things have improved now though in terms of being more focused worldwide rather than just UK and I think they can only improve.

Yeah I know but it really bugs me. I certainly agree that they've improved, and I also agree it's out of habit as well, you're certainly right. But the thing is, they're not "international" anymore! We need to get in the swing that we're from all Hotels and no one is "international". I think they have improved, and I'm sure they will improve more, especially in Habboxlive seeing as that Gemma is in AU, hopefully it will be with more varied timezones. However, the word, sure, it's a word but it's an annoying one, shouldn't be used due to the fact it really makes Habbox look as if we're from one area. We're not.

It's not because they're not from the UK, it's because they're in different timezones. You're overreacting imo lol. We can't have all apps open all the time because if we have too many UK DJs, the UK times will be fought over but the other times (ie; our sleep-time/school time) will be empty. Hence why different applications for different places open.

Sorry to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about? I know Gemma is from Australia, your post has specifically been about applications. I'm on about the word international.

@ Mike: above really

Conservative,
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah I know but it really bugs me. I certainly agree that they've improved, and I also agree it's out of habit as well, you're certainly right. But the thing is, they're not "international" anymore! We need to get in the swing that we're from all Hotels and no one is "international". I think they have improved, and I'm sure they will improve more, especially in Habboxlive seeing as that Gemma is in AU, hopefully it will be with more varied
timezones. However, the word, sure, it's a word but it's an annoying one, shouldn't be used due to the fact it really makes Habbox look as if we're from one area. We're not.

Sorry to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about? I know Gemma is from Australia, your post has specifically been about applications. I'm on about the word international.

@ Mike: above really

You linked to applications therefore your evidence is the applications. And whether we are international or not we need to have a base time zone (ours being GMT) for certain departments which work in different time zones.

Having said that I agree using international freely is annoying but I think it is necessary sometimes.

Alex3213
04-11-2010, 05:34 PM
You linked to applications therefore your evidence is the applications. And whether we are international or not we need to have a base time zone (ours being GMT) for certain departments which work in different time zones.

Having said that I agree using international freely is annoying but I think it is necessary sometimes.

I linked to applications due to that sentence. I know perfectly why there's seperate groups, I don't think it's the hardest thing to understand. We don't need to have a based time zone, why do we? We could have events or permanent shows going throughout the day. It won't effect you, it will effect the department- for the better. Having all perm shows in a EST/GMT timezone but none in the AEST is losing out on a huge amount of Habbos if you look at it, sure you can't just say "abracadabra" and make another couple of hundred appear, but if they know things go on and don't have to stay up, for example poor Wiizzz, they'll be intrigued. We don't need to work in different time zones.

Chippiewill
04-11-2010, 05:50 PM
We need to stop saying GMT and start saying UTC, simples.

Samantha
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Right, I think international is an ugly word too.
I don't really know if you're hinting at applications, the word, or just the general running of applications.
Anyway, we are merged, agreed. Also, isn't there something like a Habbox.eu and other random ones like that, they run on the same thing and stuff like that, so surely, we are a world-wide fansite. Not a uk fansite.

Think about it, we only have to look at the Help-Desk and the radio to find we have two amazingly skilled people from over seas of the UK.
I'm just going over my opinion sorry if it's not linked to your starting post.

On the other hand, the applications, I think they have improved, having 3 different sets is quite a nice thing. I didn't agree with the old system before the merge, I hated the fact UK was open for less time then other countries. I see where the management were coming from as there is a lot of UK dj's but if you think about it, surely not all UK residents sleep at like 3am. I know quite a few don't. But anyway, I like the new regime it's more fluent.
Keep it up Gemma.

Agreed with you Alex though.

Chippiewill
04-11-2010, 05:56 PM
There shouldn't be GMT and International Applications, it should be: Americas, European and Asia/Australasia. Whilst currently Habbox's user distribution is not international, it never will be with the old mindset of British and internationals, americans are not international in america.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!