PDA

View Full Version : Slit Knuckles.

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 08:14 PM
I was at the gym, there was a mirror with a large crack in it, I went to lift a weight which coincidentally was holding the cracked glass up, I lifted it and the glass fell and a large chunk of my skin above my knuckle came off. It's still attached to the skin but its dead skin really. It started bleeding v. heavily. I went to the toilets, washed the wound out with water and put a lot of toilet roll around it and went home. I then applied a plaster and bandage around it. What else should I do, should I go to my GP? It isnt very sore but when I move my middle finger (i injured my middle knuckle) it hurts a tiny bit.

hairpins
04-11-2010, 08:32 PM
go 2 hospital and sign owt of haboxforum pmsl

Misawa
04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
You'll probably be fine, but you should complain to the gym as they are in breach of health and safety.

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
You'll probably be fine, but you should complain to the gym as they are in breach of health and safety.
Was thinking of putting in a claim, was bleeding quite heavy and all I was offered was a very small plaster. I'll see the school nurse tomorrow.

hairpins
04-11-2010, 08:47 PM
were their is blaim there is a clame!!!!!!!! yew shud cfh n get sum moneyz 4 sum credits!!!! yeh go c ur skool nurse tomoz if yew 1 2

kuzkasate
04-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Go to the GP tbh, you will need your middle finger.

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Go to the GP tbh, you will need your middle finger.
What does that mean?

dbgtz
04-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I smell compensation haha.

It depends how much skin I guess, if it's only a little it should just heal itself with it and all be fine. but yeah. Any chance of pictures? pmsl.

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
WARNING - Image contains a bit of blood.
http://i53.tinypic.com/117g57d.jpg

Chris
04-11-2010, 09:22 PM
WARNING - Image contains a bit of blood.
http://i53.tinypic.com/117g57d.jpg

Thats gross. Go to the god damn hospital. My sisters bf cut his knee open and didnt go and it ended up getting badly infected which resulted in this kneee being stitched back up because all the skin near it had died. Go...NAOW!

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Thats gross. Go to the god damn hospital. My sisters bf cut his knee open and didnt go and it ended up getting badly infected which resulted in this kneee being stitched back up because all the skin near it had died. Go...NAOW!
I cant go now. What can I do to hold me over until the morning. I'll see the school nurse tomorrow at 11am and based on her analysis I'll take further action.

dbgtz
04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Just keep it covered and clean until further action.

Chris
04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I cant go now. What can I do to hold me over until the morning. I'll see the school nurse tomorrow at 11am and based on her analysis I'll take further action.

Hmm yeah maybe it is a bit late to go now. I would get some warm water with maybe a cotton ball then clean around the wounded area and then dry with a cotton ball too. It's also important that you let the air get to it which will increase the healing process.

One other thing you can do is get some salted water and gently dab on and around the wound. If you do this make sure that it has stopped bleeding frist.

Hope some of this helps. :]

PaulMacC
04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I used a disinfectant wipe and some sterile solution that my brother used for his wound from his kidney transplant then put a new plaster and bandage on it

Chris
04-11-2010, 09:59 PM
I used a disinfectant wipe and some sterile solution that my brother used for his wound from his kidney transplant then put a new plaster and bandage on it

Yeah that should hold it until tomorrow. Make sure you see the nurse though because it will save you time and pain. ;p

Firehorse
06-11-2010, 12:24 AM
You should have gone to the gym's emergency room at the time, where they would see it just after it happened and would have probably been more hygenic than using loo roll.

If it's a big chunk of skin then go and get it stiched, otherwise clean the wound daily and use fresh bandages.

Imo i'd go and see a gp if the pain in your knuckle doesn't subside soonish, otherwise the damage may be permanent.

Edit: upon seeing the pic you posted i'd deffo say go to A&E to get it stitched up. Is that the bone I can see? :O

PaulMacC
06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
^ No, It is flabby skin. The wound is starting to heal itself. The gym is a ****hole, it only gave me 2 plasters. It has no first aid.

Eoin247
06-11-2010, 01:31 AM
You should complain. Tell them if they don't improve you'll take legal action. You are in the right here. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!