PDA

View Full Version : iPod broken

Middlesbrough
04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Hey, my ipod touch screen is cracked pretty bad, just the outer screen though, i've had it about 11 months, will my warranty cover this?

Matthew
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
It should do, I'm sure the warranty lasts for 1 year +

Middlesbrough
04-11-2010, 09:27 PM
It should do, I'm sure the warranty lasts for 1 year +

Yeah i know the warranty lasts 1 year but I'm not sure if it would cover the screen

Recursion
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
If it's accidental they probably won't replace it free.

SirTezza
04-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Yes pal, the warranty is exactly 12 months from the day you purchased it, and to my knowledge it does cover an accidental cracked screen. Make sure you tell them it was accidental, even if it wasn't :P

Make sure you get it done within the next month or it won't be covered.

Click here for the Apple support website for the FAQs on warranty. (http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/faq/)

Middlesbrough
04-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys, last thing does anyone have an e-mail address or phone number I could contact them on?

Sharon
04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I think your going to have to go to an Apple shop.

SirTezza
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Here is a website with a list contact details for apple in the UK. Hope it helps pal.

Click here. (http://www.apple.com/uk/contact/)

Make sure you check out the FAQs though, because I might be wrong about some things, I was just assuming. But good luck with it!

Middlesbrough
04-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Here is a website with a list contact details for apple in the UK. Hope it helps pal.

Click here. (http://www.apple.com/uk/contact/)

Thanks again :)

Luke
05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
They won't replace the screen for free. They quoted me £100+

Eoin247
05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
In my experience and my freinds, apple are very unorganised and hard to deal with for repairs. Sending in an ipod touch for a repair to the screen took a crazy 8 months to come back! My dad with his sent in his old iphone a few times for repairs. He had a very hard time getting his iphone back each time ( he had to call many, many times).

Funnily enough due to a mistake on apples part, the last time my dad sent in his iphone for a repair he got a new iphone 4 back by mistake. :D Well they haven't asked for it back yet lol.

Middlesbrough
06-11-2010, 04:16 PM
In my experience and my freinds, apple are very unorganised and hard to deal with for repairs. Sending in an ipod touch for a repair to the screen took a crazy 8 months to come back! My dad with his sent in his old iphone a few times for repairs. He had a very hard time getting his iphone back each time ( he had to call many, many times).

Funnily enough due to a mistake on apples part, the last time my dad sent in his iphone for a repair he got a new iphone 4 back by mistake. :D Well they haven't asked for it
back yet lol.

I live quite close to an apple store, so I guess im lucky :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!