PDA

View Full Version : HxHD

immense
05-11-2010, 12:03 AM
I have been thinking and perhaps it has purposefully been dead to mix in with the whole Halloween thing?

How do you think it can be improved? I think they should stop the halloween joke, we know all staff aren't dead, they can come back in the desk now. Your thoughts?

Tintinnabulate
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
Maybe some new managers to bring in fresh ideas? If David is too busy then he should step down so HxHD can improve.

Hire LOTS of staff. As in LOTS. It means more and more people will be in there, thus invite more people to come. Always better to have lots of staff in a room.

rnix
05-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I think people should grow up and stop making petty little posts and turning it into a dig at someone.

Hehe

HxHD will come back to strength imo

Tintinnabulate
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM

Lets be realistic here.

Mrs.McCall
There are tons of ways that HxHD could improve.

There needs to be more events happening in there, more excitement. They could have themes for each month that they give advice on such as scamming, trading or habbox itself.

The desk needs to be exciting again! Somewhere that users want to be whether or not they need help.

Eoin247
When i saw the name of this thread i thought you had recontinues the last hxhd discussion. I think that a new design asap will make a nice start, don't just wait for xmas theme we have over a month still.

Tintinnabulate
And move the desk to Trading or Games section so it is more visible on nav.

Calvin
05-11-2010, 12:06 AM
It's just like any other Habbo room, now and again it'll have it's rough patches, then it'll be packed for a week or two and once again die.

Mrs.McCall
05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
I think that:

- Themes will help
- More staff would be great
- Regular events such as quizzes, comps
- Cross-department promotion, perhaps a monthly report in News about the biggest issue mentioned from the HxHD manager, you could have HxHD-based forum comps

Things like that.

immense
05-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I think that:

- Themes will help
- Cross-department promotion, perhaps a monthly report in News about the biggest issue mentioned from the HxHD manager, you could have HxHD-based forum comps

Things like that.

Where do you stand on all the staff pretending to be dead for the last week as an elaborate halloween joke and not visiting the desk?

Mrs.McCall
05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Where do you stand on all the staff pretending to be dead for the last week as an elaborate halloween joke and not visiting the desk?

If that is the case then they've shown great dedication to the cause.

Calvin
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Where do you stand on all the staff pretending to be dead for the last week as an elaborate halloween joke and not visiting the desk?Well I'm not quite sure on that one, I'm sure they all turned into bats and vampires etc. :hmm:

Tintinnabulate
05-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I think that:

- Themes will help

Things like that.

Definitely need more staff.

immense
05-11-2010, 12:15 AM
If that is the case then they've shown great dedication to the cause.

They have really put the hours out.

hahaha get it

The Don
05-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Saurav stop going on at HotelUser, you clearly have a vendetta against him. I don't get why you care so much if he is the HxHD manager? Shouldn't we all be coming up with ways of improving things around here at habbox rather than permenantly having a go at staff members and putting stress on them. I don't know what's happened between you both to make things the way you both are towards each other, but it needs to stop, it's going nowhere.

Anyway, on topic....

I agree with hiring lots of new staff, from different time zones if possible, this will ensure that there is staff in there most of the time.

*Waits to get attacked...

Tintinnabulate
05-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Saurav stop going on at HotelUser, you clearly have a vendetta against him. I don't get why you care so much if he is the HxHD manager? Shouldn't we all be coming up with ways of improving things around here at habbox rather than permenantly having a go at staff members and putting stress on them. I don't know what's happened between you both to make things the way you both are towards each other, but it needs to stop, it's going nowhere.

Anyway, on topic....

I agree with hiring lots of new staff, from different time zones if possible, this will ensure that there is staff in there most of the time.

*Waits to get attacked...

hence I suggested new ideas in this thread instead :)

They really need more and more staff. It means theres a higher chance of a staff being in there and inviting people. Also make the room a trading/games room.

Mrs.McCall
05-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Might not kill to rush through the Habbox Hallway idea and have the teles in HxHD too. Almost guarenteed traffic.

Eoin247
05-11-2010, 12:22 AM
The sooner you start hiring more staff the sooner you'd be able to see if they work well and the sooner things will improve.

Josh
05-11-2010, 05:44 AM
The Don, saurav suggested HotelUser step down because he is quite busy with other things. This is a legitimate idea. David is global moderator, site coder and then manager of the Helpdesk; surely that's a stressful load.

Anyway, it's easy to say: Hire more international staff but then again, not many of them actually apply. I think the batch before last had two international staff apply. However, I think they should give those (hehehehehe) people a try anyway because they need international staff. It's been said many times over, but HxHD is basically closed until school ends. HxHD is dead for my timezone's prime time; nice.

Grig
05-11-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't think hiring more staff is the best option. I think hiring staff who would actually be dedicated to their job and be arsed to visit the help desk for a prolonged period of time, rather than this 1 hour that they don't frankly care about. Times have changed when staff were actually more passionate about their jobs and it's sad really.

Many more events could be done, both individually as a department and in collaboration with other departments, such as HxL, events, news, forum etc. I could send a list of different events that are possible to achieve for a help desk if you really like.

Josh
05-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Just read that locked thread... David posted a screenshot of the leaderboard.

Top is something like 14 hours and it was taken on Thursday night... That's really low activity. I'd personally love to see all the hours done in a week collectively.

Alex3213
05-11-2010, 07:33 AM

Top is something like 14 hours and it was taken on Thursday night... That's really low activity. I'd personally love to see all the hours done in a week collectively.

14 hours in a space of 140 (including Sunday) is 1 10th of it. Remember that most people go to school between Monday and Friday so within the Mon and Thurs thats a good 32 hours, again with sleep is another 32. That's 76 and is just over half of it. Sure, it's not the greatest but it's not as bad as it could be. I don't understand your last sentence.

Josh
05-11-2010, 07:34 AM
I didn't really know how to say it.

Basically, I'd like to see some statistics on how long staff are in room, how many are usually in at once, hours earned each week as a team (all staff's hours added together).
Edit: Maybe even an average of how long staff stay in room when they are only user in there. Who knows?

Alex3213
05-11-2010, 07:52 AM

Basically, I'd like to see some statistics on how long staff are in room, how many are usually in at once, hours earned each week as a team (all staff's hours added together).
Edit: Maybe even an average of how long staff stay in room when they are only user in there. Who knows?
Those stats would be nice yes :)

Samantha
05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Going off what Joey said about themes. I don't like this idea one bit. Sorry. I think it's a bit silly as it's an help desk and it should stay a help desk that hasn't got a specific thing like trading for a month. I would have loved that in late 2009 when I was RV but now if I ever go in HxHD it's because someone invites me, or I need help with my email. It should stay an all rounder for habbox problems.

They have a saturday night quiz, which I like, as I won ages and ages back, but I think one onf something like Wednesday night would be good as well. On Saturday you have XFactor, XtraFactor, Strictly come dancing, Tv Burp, Family Fortunes and Youve been framed, which most people in the UK watch - I'm sure.
Then look at what's on, on a wednesday night - football. And probably a few soaps, so more people may want to come on for that.

Josh
05-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Going off what Joey said about themes. I don't like this idea one bit. Sorry. I think it's a bit silly as it's an help desk and it should stay a help desk that hasn't got a specific thing like trading for a month. I would have loved that in late 2009 when I was RV but now if I ever go in HxHD it's because someone invites me, or I need help with my email. It should stay an all rounder for habbox problems.

They have a saturday night quiz, which I like, as I won ages and ages back, but I think one onf something like Wednesday night would be good as well. On Saturday you have XFactor, XtraFactor, Strictly come dancing, Tv Burp, Family Fortunes and Youve been framed, which most people in the UK watch - I'm sure.
Then look at what's on, on a wednesday night - football. And probably a few soaps, so more people may want to come on for that.

Saturday 12pm and then Wednesday night...

Samantha
05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Saturday 12pm and then Wednesday night...

I thought it was Saturday at like 7pm :S. Has it changed.

Josh
05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
No, it should be Saturday 12pm and then the wednesday night or whatever so UK people have their lovely prime time quiz.

Samantha
05-11-2010, 08:08 AM
No, it should be Saturday 12pm and then the wednesday night or whatever so UK people have their lovely prime time quiz.

Oh agreed! :P. Unless people go shopping on saturday.

Josh
05-11-2010, 08:10 AM
Well you'll always have wednesday night wouldn't you? At the moment, I have to stay up until 5am to get to the god damn quiz only only to lose the vip by coming second.

Inseriousity.
05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
If staff have died, it's probably due to boredom but we've told them that they need more HxHD-Comps (hence the Halloween comps at the end of last month) and more events but these are work in progress and takes time to see any sort of improvement.

However, you were in there yesterday when all the seats in the staff area were filled up and the other problem is likely that the majority of staff are UK-based and so the desk is pretty much dead outside peak time. Don't really see how you can blame this on management though seen as "international" (yeah I've said it Alex, don't eat me) staff don't grow on trees.

Josh
05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Yes, international (ma bad) staff don't grow on trees; that's why you should take advantage of the ones you have...

Grig
05-11-2010, 09:11 AM
International staff won't apply because the desk is dead internationally, because there is no promotion internationally. David is from Canada, go on during the EST peak times and do some large events and comps in there. I'm sure after that your international applicants will rise a lot!

Josh
05-11-2010, 09:16 AM
International staff won't apply because the desk is dead internationally, because there is no promotion internationally. David is from Canada, go on during the EST peak times and do some large events and comps in there. I'm sure after that your international applicants will rise a lot!

I agree.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2v1qb78.png

Taken just then, been like that for hours.

Grig
05-11-2010, 09:17 AM
To add, it's shocking that an international manager, can't get any international staff. I've managed radios on various fansites, and whenever I came and actually put focus on international times, we got more internationals applying than those from the UK.

Same thing goes for the help desk, if you put equal focus internationally, you'll get somewhere.

iRaaave.
05-11-2010, 10:22 AM
yeah they need to hire int staff :P

Eoin247
05-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Or maybe hire local staff that have different free times, people who go to school might work around school times while some people who have half days or days off work can work during that time?

HotelUser
05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I think people should grow up and stop making petty little posts and turning it into a dig at someone.

Hehe

It's that obvious, huh?

Lets be realistic here.

After the accusations you made in your initial post of your other thread I don't think you're in a position to say this. You know NOTHING about how popular the Help Desk has been in the past month, two months where as we have the statistics to check who was in the Help Desk on the first Wednesday of July if we wanted to. If you're going to make a genuine suggestion for the department I am all ears. If you're just trying to stir up trouble because of a personal vendetta you're going to be ignored. And that's not up for debate.

There are tons of ways that HxHD could improve.

There needs to be more events happening in there, more excitement. They could have themes for each month that they give advice on such as scamming, trading or habbox itself.

The desk needs to be exciting again! Somewhere that users want to be whether or not they need help.

Yes! More events is essential. But we have to design them in such a way that they're appealing to new, and international users. What I hate about doing events is that it's always the same users coming in. I think we need to have a mighty big Quest, which is oriented around Habbo knowledge or even American culture to an extent. Then at one of the final stages of the quest they have to sign up on the forum to be entered to win the 500 credit prize (and that brings us to another problem-- would anyone like to contribute to our 500 credit fund :P)

And move the desk to Trading or Games section so it is more visible on nav.

I'm game for this depending on what Roxy and Jordan have to say. The only bad part about this is when we used to do it back in 2007 1/2 of our visitors would be flooding the screen trying to sell something.

It's just like any other Habbo room, now and again it'll have it's rough patches, then it'll be packed for a week or two and once again die.

Yeah-- there's some truth to that for sure. Although we're quite seriously not going through a rough patch at the moment. Infact we're doing considerably well.

The sooner you start hiring more staff the sooner you'd be able to see if they work well and the sooner things will improve.

There's two builds sortospeak that we can go with. The old way of HxHD was to hire a surplus of 30 staff where less attendance was to be expected. The new way seems to try to be to find a minimal amount of staff who are expected to spend hours on end in the room. I think a mix of both of these ideas is best. In the summer staff commitment is absolutely amazing and we don't need a surplus of staff. However, during the school months we tend to recruit whoever's worthy of taking on the title because we struggle to find staff who can be in the room for 20 hours on end (and that's understandable because as much as I hate to say it I can't expect HxHD to come first over education and people's social lifes).

I don't think hiring more staff is the best option. I think hiring staff who would actually be dedicated to their job and be arsed to visit the help desk for a prolonged period of time, rather than this 1 hour that they don't frankly care about. Times have changed when staff were actually more passionate about their jobs and it's sad really.

Many more events could be done, both individually as a department and in collaboration with other departments, such as HxL, events, news, forum etc. I could send a list of different events that are possible to achieve for a help desk if you really like.

In coherence with what I've mentioned about you hit the nail on the head here.

Low? Really? That's three and a half hours a day ontop of school and other assorted things. I think that's really good.

We already have those statistics technically speaking, just not a page which displays them. As it's Friday and surprisingly my social calendar is free tonight I'll see what I can do.

Good points, and good feedback. If the RV department wanted to be more intertwined with the Help Desk I'm sure we could come up with a compromise but we're not going to dedicate an entire month to trading month, or something along those lines.

Two quizes a week! I would love that. Unfortunately the department has a limit of how much VIP we're allowed to distribute and we're already pushing that limit with one quiz a week.

If staff have died, it's probably due to boredom but we've told them that they need more HxHD-Comps (hence the Halloween comps at the end of last month) and more events but these are work in progress and takes time to see any sort of improvement.

However, you were in there yesterday when all the seats in the staff area were filled up and the other problem is likely that the majority of staff are UK-based and so the desk is pretty much dead outside peak time. Don't really see how you can blame this on management though seen as "international" (yeah I've said it Alex, don't eat me) staff don't grow on trees.

Who is we and them and when did that conversation take place? We don't need more comps, we need more events and quests on the game - that's what's going to draw in new users which is our overall goal here.

If they're bored I'm not going to dress in a clown costume and entertain them. However the demand for more events and quests/quizes falls in nicely here because it's something our staff can get involved in.

I've taken a stab at this during the summer but perhaps not as aggressively as I could have. The problem was nobody was online during those time periods - at night it's as if the existence of Habbox and ClubHabbo disappear. If we're to run actual real time events as such I think we'd going to need some additional minions to come along and resort to old fashioned Habbo styled advertising :P

Josh
05-11-2010, 12:05 PM
@2 quizzes per week

Scrap the Wednesday one and have it at Saturday 12 then. It is a reasonable time for most timezones.

And I'll see if I have 500 credits spare; I'll think about it.

Eoin247
05-11-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm liking the idea of this giant quest but this would have to be prepared far in advance to get as many people as possible (no point in giving away 500c if only 10 people sign up). I wonder since habbox is an official fansite would habbo give any help in advertising this on the homepage? Or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part.

gangstaagent1
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
@2 quizzes per week

Scrap the Wednesday one and have it at Saturday 12 then. It is a reasonable time for most timezones.

Saturday at 12 is 7am here.

I think there should be a time change in the quiz also to attract more international users. The quiz at the moment is what 5am like Josh said? What if we look at all the timezones and figure out a time thats not too early nor too late for all the timezones. Maybe a time like, 2pm? That would be 2PM in uk, like 12am where Josh is, and then 9am here. Thats about reasonable for all timezones especially that it's on a Saturday.

Going on the international staff note, the staff during the EST peak zone is pretty good. 2-3 staff for EST timezone about when I walk in at my peak time. The international staff that I believe they are missing is the AEST timezones. Josh said when he walks in there, there is no-one else. Maybe try to do event focusing on getting in people from the AEST timezone?

Josh
05-11-2010, 01:05 PM
To be honest, Great.la (not advertising) has listeners at 40 and heaps of events through my timezone so it'll be hard to break in; you'll have to do something big.

Yupt
05-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I personally liked the idea suggested recently about linking Hxhd with some of the most popular rooms in the hotel which would attract users to habbox.

Note, this was not my idea, and do not take any credit for it. But I cant remember who's it was.

immense
05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
blates mine

Josh
05-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes! More events is essential. But we have to design them in such a way that they're appealing to new, and international users. What I hate about doing events is that it's always the same users coming in. I think we need to have a mighty big Quest, which is oriented around Habbo knowledge or even American culture to an extent. Then at one of the final stages of the quest they have to sign up on the forum to be entered to win the 500 credit prize (and that brings us to another problem-- would anyone like to contribute to our 500 credit fund )

http://i55.tinypic.com/11kk410.png

Meet me ingame.

Trainway
05-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I work at HxHD and I'm from the EST timezone. I don't think it's realistic to expect staff here to do almost anymore than 10 hours a week of help desk time. It's already challenging enough to balance a multitude of things.

It is challenging sometimes to come on at peak times and see few users in the rooms - but to be honest - those who need help come. It would be nice to hire more EST employees but I'm sure that's a challenge within it's self.

Samantha
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
What i noticed when i went in hxhd a lot (got banned for telling someone not to adverties ch) and i noticed, before the merge i often saw at 5/6am a few uk people in the hxhd Shar, Mariott0.01, Jamii. Does more people go in from other countries now? As I know that some people from america could go in there, even though it's 11pm in most places, but it would help.

Have you ever thought of doing unofficial events in the help desk? That doesn't require a forum prize just a client prize? Would that be allowed? I'm sure it would be quite progressive if quite a few invited in the helpdesk, I know Matt needs sleep so he probably couldnt host an event and David wouldnt be online, but Jordan could always help, hes usually on quite early.

Shar
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Maybe some new managers to bring in fresh ideas? If David is too busy then he should step down so HxHD can improve.

Hire LOTS of staff. As in LOTS. It means more and more people will be in there, thus invite more people to come. Always better to have lots of staff in a room.
- The public will never be satisfied with whatever manager the department gets, everyone has their own faults. I'm sure management would make a judgement if a specific department manager does any work or not and deal with it.
- There are more EST staff at the moment than there were before, however and it will be great if we can get more AEST people to apply. *
- We need to remember that they have to balance their HABBOX jobs with REAL LIFE, thus it's understandable if sometimes there isn't much staff on habbo at certain times of the day.
- HxHD needs more events, which imo should be planned now for christmas. And it also needs other weekly stuff.
- In regards of AEST staff, it would be wise for the department to do some events at a time when AEST people will be active and attract them to the help desk and habbox. Its easy to say get more AEST staff, when they don't actually apply :P *

@Mike, if staff are bored they should try and communicate with each other and get to know each other. Its more "fun" being in a department when you meet and get to know new people at make new friends. Not only within the team but also in the actual help desk itself.

From the beginning to September - when HxHD used to be very dead - to the present time, HxHD is actually more popular and the room is pretty busy at peak times, especially during the half term.

If anything, maybe using some of Joey's ideas (excluding themes) and Samantha's, might help get the help desk more popular.

Inseriousity.
05-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Who is we and them and when did that conversation take place? We don't need more comps, we need more events and quests on the game - that's what's going to draw in new users which is our overall goal here.

If they're bored I'm not going to dress in a clown costume and entertain them. However the demand for more events and quests/quizes falls in nicely here because it's something our staff can get involved in.

At every single meeting, excluding the last one, that I've been at, there has been a push for events and comps (events in particular, comps possibly only arose because of the amount of comps staff on the team) to add that spark back into HxHD. Although tbf to you, I think Jord was mostly at the ones where there was a massive discussion about it hence the task 8 and the events thread in the HxHD staff forum.

If you think someone dressing up in a costume is entertaining then God help us all.

Samantha
05-11-2010, 05:54 PM
At every single meeting, excluding the last one, that I've been at, there has been a push for events and comps (events in particular, comps possibly only arose because of the amount of comps staff on the team) to add that spark back into HxHD. Although tbf to you, I think Jord was mostly at the ones where there was a massive discussion about it hence the task 8 and the events thread in the HxHD staff forum.

If you think someone dressing up in a costume is entertaining then God help us all.

yeah, dressing up in a costume wouldn't make me want to come to the helpdesh tbh. if i was a newbie on habbo who made houses and stuff i would go to a haunted house on habbo or soemthing - not a helpdesk.

Also, it would be good if someone could be on at AEST times and advertise like mad (within habbo rules) to try and get them notified about the new things happening at habbox. And if Josh was to help out, then surely he has some australian friends which would maybe be willing to join.

I think more hxhd based games/comps is a must.

A quest could be a good idea, but I don't think it should have a specific theme. It should just be general knowledge, based on the fact if you do it based on Habbox, then people who joined after the merge wont know all the habbox history or anything. And some things may differ for someone else, if you get me.

Samantha
05-11-2010, 06:10 PM
What I think needs doing is moderation in the help-desk, try getting someone in there at all times, because a few months ago we had overseas staff - but at the early hours of the morning like 4-7am the helpdesk would just be dead.
I know this was before the merge probably but this should improve whilst most fansites have closed and Habbo dont look to be giving more the official rating yet.
The help desk should try get on the popular rooms list at least actually try get it as active as possible especially during peak times.

I see where you are coming from when you say you can't just say get some AEST staff, I don't think you have to, like I have said before some people will be up from the uk, canada, america at 4-7am this is where you can strike and grab more members because, if you are one step ahead of some fansites, then surely you will improve more.

It has to be said just 1 quiz a week isn't enough I honestly don't think.
Going back to my original idea surely unofficial events could be held, I'm sure you don't have a limit to 1 hc sofa that you can use, :P.

Also if there isn't much activity in the Helpdesk, why employ more staff, seriously? It's understandable if someone returns as a trialist but still I think you should have a maximum number in the staff allowance. How many staff do you need?

2 Managers.
3 Super Staff.
6 Normal Staff.
13 Trialists.

I'm sure that's too many no offence if the Helpdesk isn't that active - it doesn't need that many staff.
I know some trialists won't pass but surely.

Sorry for double post.

Shar
05-11-2010, 06:25 PM
What I think needs doing is moderation in the help-desk, try getting someone in there at all times, because a few months ago we had overseas staff - but at the early hours of the morning like 4-7am the helpdesk would just be dead.
I know this was before the merge probably but this should improve whilst most fansites have closed and Habbo dont look to be giving more the official rating yet.
The help desk should try get on the popular rooms list at least actually try get it as active as possible especially during peak times.

I see where you are coming from when you say you can't just say get some AEST staff, I don't think you have to, like I have said before some people will be up from the uk, canada, america at 4-7am this is where you can strike and grab more members because, if you are one step ahead of some fansites, then surely you will improve more.

It has to be said just 1 quiz a week isn't enough I honestly don't think.
Going back to my original idea surely unofficial events could be held, I'm sure you don't have a limit to 1 hc sofa that you can use, :P.

Also if there isn't much activity in the Helpdesk, why employ more staff, seriously? It's understandable if someone returns as a trialist but still I think you should have a maximum number in the staff allowance. How many staff do you need?

2 Managers.
3 Super Staff.
6 Normal Staff.
13 Trialists.

I'm sure that's too many no offence if the Helpdesk isn't that active - it doesn't need that many staff.
I know some trialists won't pass but surely.

Sorry for double post.

I agree that there needs to be more events to attract people, however, it's easier said than done. Therefore, there should be well organised and thought out events such as at least 2/3 weekly things such as quiz's and maybe there should be a safety quiz. There should also be a big quest (which can have questions related to safety and hx, hxf and hxl) and it should be really well planned and organised in order to make it a successful event. This means, instead of taking on more ideas to use, set a target of trying to do some events at the present time using one key concept and actually put time and effort towards it.

Edit: There have been offers from people such as MissAlice and Wiizzz to fund any HxHD events/quests, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Samantha
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I noticed Josh funding for the 500 cred fund. Nice to know people do care about Habbox and want people to join.

Also, I agree, they do need planning, as some could just be a shambles if not.
Also, the target setting is a nice idea, maybe that's where Joey's idea of themes could come in? Maybe have a unique theme, that will be fair and stuff to everyone. Like Habbox one week as said, general knowledge, etc. That way it's all rounded and people may be interested more. :D

Catzsy
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
In the old days :boohoo::boohoo: there used to be regular giveaways with the HXHD being used as the entrance. This was pretty popular. Also I do feel it is a hard task to keep a help desk popular these days even if it was staffed 24hours a day! I often think think that it could be utilised as a tech desk too as the problems that lots of habbos have is sorting out phishers, viruses etc etc. There used to be a brilliant site (habtech?) to help out with tech problems which closed so maybe Habbox could consider expanding it's safety section by telling habbos exactly how to get rid of the viruses etc and recommending software that could help. I cannot think of anybody more dedicated than David as far as HXHD goes and I am pretty sure he and his staff do their best.

Shar
05-11-2010, 06:52 PM
In the old days :boohoo::boohoo: there used to be regular giveaways with the HXHD being used as the entrance. This was pretty popular. Also I do feel it is a hard task to keep a help desk popular these days even if it was staffed 24hours a day! I often think think that it could be utilised as a tech desk too as the problems that lots of habbos have is sorting out phishers, viruses etc etc. There used to be a brilliant site (habtech?) to help out with tech problems which closed so maybe Habbox could consider expanding it's safety section by telling habbos exactly how to get rid of the viruses etc and recommending software that could help. I cannot think of anybody more dedicated than David as far as HXHD goes and I am pretty sure he and his staff do their best.
Good ideas. Those are some small things that can be really beneficial for HxHD if used :)

Chippiewill
05-11-2010, 06:56 PM
There used to be a brilliant site (habtech?)

Hobtech and the Tech Team Helpdesk I believe.

HotelUser
05-11-2010, 07:11 PM
@2 quizzes per week

Would you really be interested in donating 500 credits Josh? That would be most generous of you!

I'm liking the idea of this giant quest but this would have to be prepared far in advance to get as many people as possible (no point in giving away 500c if only 10 people sign up). I wonder since habbox is an official fansite would habbo give any help in advertising this on the homepage? Or maybe thats just wishful thinking on my part.

I'm not so sure Habbo would have interest in doing anything like advertising it on their homepage, but I'm sure our staff could help spread word throughout the hotel.

No. There's people flooding the URL to the comps link in HxHD meetings because there's (as I think you pointed out DURING the meeting for some reason) six or so HxHD staff who've also been hired as competitions staff. Competitions on the forum will not attract Habbo users to Habbox. They want events and quests with big prizes where in the final states we can mandate them registering on the forum to be entered for the prize of sorts.

Roxy and I made a thread specifically for HxHD staff to sign up to do events. I think Mark was the only staffmember who actually took advantage and ran an event.

Dear lord you didn't think I was seriously suggesting I dress up as a clown did you? I was simply implying that, staff should be here to make it entertaining for our users. My obligations and priorities are to the users in such a way - not to entertain specifically staff.

yeah, dressing up in a costume wouldn't make me want to come to the helpdesh tbh. if i was a newbie on habbo who made houses and stuff i would go to a haunted house on habbo or soemthing - not a helpdesk.

Also, it would be good if someone could be on at AEST times and advertise like mad (within habbo rules) to try and get them notified about the new things happening at habbox. And if Josh was to help out, then surely he has some australian friends which would maybe be willing to join.

I think more hxhd based games/comps is a must.

A quest could be a good idea, but I don't think it should have a specific theme. It should just be general knowledge, based on the fact if you do it based on Habbox, then people who joined after the merge wont know all the habbox history or anything. And some things may differ for someone else, if you get me.

Yes! HxHD, even Habbox as a whole would benefit with some sort of constant competition. Something that would gain the attention of users, with a hint of addictiveness of course to keep them coming back. Singular events are sort of a one trick pony, great but not long term.

beth
05-11-2010, 07:17 PM
you could (perhaps, pie in the sky idea here) get a regular linkup with habboxlive and have a help desk staff member who's a dj (i'm sure you've got a couple) do a helpdesk show. comps/games in the helpdesk, once a week, est/aest timezone.
gives the hxhd a few more people in and you could push it via habbo and hxf etc.

gives the new user a multidimensional experience. they can listen in, they can get help in the room and they can have fun.
maybe it could be like a hxhd surgery? where users could submit their queries via the hxl line and get them answered on air, that'd be fun.

i know the help desk's main priority is giving help, but i don't think it can survive as that standalone service, it's not interesting enough. it needs to be new and fresh, and exciting.

Shar
05-11-2010, 07:20 PM
you could (perhaps, pie in the sky idea here) get a regular linkup with habboxlive and have a help desk staff member who's a dj (i'm sure you've got a couple) do a helpdesk show. comps/games in the helpdesk, once a week, est/aest timezone.
gives the hxhd a few more people in and you could push it via habbo and hxf etc.

gives the new user a multidimensional experience. they can listen in, they can get help in the room and they can have fun.
maybe it could be like a hxhd surgery? where users could submit their queries via the hxl line and get them answered on air, that'd be fun.

i know the help desk's main priority is giving help, but i don't think it can survive as that standalone service, it's not interesting enough. it needs to be new and fresh, and exciting.
There is a hxhd surgery atm, nevertheless your ideas are really good and if they're used right it will attract people.

beth
05-11-2010, 07:25 PM
There is a hxhd surgery atm, nevertheless your ideas are really good and if they're used right it will attract people.

oh is there?
sorry aha, i'm not really on here much anymore. :)

does the format work?

Shar
05-11-2010, 07:34 PM
oh is there?
sorry aha, i'm not really on here much anymore. :)

does the format work?
I have no idea, I've never tuned in!
I believe it's DJ Porky's show.

Gina
05-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I think habbox help desk needs more internation people, cos loads of people are on like 10am- 12am but then past that not many staff staff are in there after

Chippiewill
05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Firstly, if you just got on with meetings then maybe we wouldn't get bored and start flooding. Rather than wasting your time waiting for everyone to shut up, if you just got on with it, we would crack on with the discussion.
Why are you posting this in a feedback thread and not the staff forum? And surely you should have the maturity not to start spamming in a meeting like a 2 year old, especially since you're a department manager and I'm surprised HotelUser is so patient

But for HxHD it's more important to be involved on the client, not the forum.
Agreed, I'm not really sure to what end that competitions run by the HxHD is meant to achieve, as for interacting with the community; Why should HxHD be interacting with the forum community when it's currently entirely on the client, HxHD is part of habbox and not a separate entity and thus wouldn't change anything with forum based competitions.

I could make it compulsory however that wouldn't do wonders for the whole Hitler factor you've brought up below.
If you haven't tried this already, provide incentives such as rewards or similar.

We require staff not to go AFK behind the bar
Expected, I don't walk into stores seeing staff taking naps.

we require that they're active for around 8 hours a week in room
Expected, if they don't do the work then why keep them around

We require that they put on an appropriate friendly face and that they Help new users with any questions they might have.
Expected, that's the whole purpose of HxHD

Currently, the whole system is based on rules and regulations.
WHAT
ARE
YOU
ACTUALLY
MOANING
ABOUT?

they're just another way for the department to interact with the community
HxHD shouldn't interact with the community, they should be the smiling face sending people to the forum.

Jordan
05-11-2010, 09:33 PM
The competitions last week helped staff bond with people they may not talk to as much as others. There is benefits for doing stuff on the forum aswell.

Mathew
05-11-2010, 09:35 PM
I've been putting off reading the HxHD Feedback threads for the past couple of days. There seems to be a massive influx of them every couple of months where everyone suddenly realises how bad a department is doing and feels the need to jump at the chance to offer their opinion.

With that in mind, I'll follow suit.

Firstly, from the other thread:

As one of the most regular visitors alongside people like Mathew and Wiki so it would be nice to see what they say rather than the regular feedback users who don't even use the Help Desk.
Yes we're so active but they won't give me room rights. Damn.
In all fairness, HxHD was on the brink of closure 18 months ago. There was a severe lack of leadership, there were way too many rules and everyone was caught up in a constant brawl. The past few months, it's... okay. Over the Summer it was thriving with HxSS but (as with the rest of Habbox) it has quietened down.

When I was HxHD Staff (earlier in the year), people were easy getting 20-25 hours in the desk per week and now they're struggling to reach 10. Obviously staff from different time zones are needed, so why not speak to FieryCold or Believemesafety? They are both very well known Habbos from the USA, with very popular rooms. Maybe it's just me, but I think they'd be happy to put a teleport to HxHD in their casino? Afterall, we teamed up with them for Halloween :)

I'm not going to throw a dig at Dave because to be fair, the HxHD has clearly improved in the past year. It was pretty much empty, at least now it has some people in through the evening. I'm still wary about the rules; I think they need reviewing once again and the updated set of rules posted by Roxy916 in July (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=656493) seem to have been overlooked. Something tells me the HxHD Staff never got the memo.

On another note, I think HxHD could write a couple of pages for Habbox.com about safety. The function of HxHD Staff right now is to sit in a room and wait for questions. Why not go the extra mile and give people help (even if they don't need it!). A couple of pages on the new V6 site would be brilliant, advising people what to do if they get hacked, etc. Previously, HxHD Staff were encouraged to help people in, not only the "Ask the Help Desk Staff" section, but also HxF in general. The job description seems to have been reduced!
While there are content staff to write guides, it would look much more "trusted" if it was written by a member of Help Desk Staff :)

Might not kill to rush through the Habbox Hallway idea and have the teles in HxHD too. Almost guarenteed traffic.
The Habbox Central idea is up and running (search Roxy916). I have it on my favourites list as I was quite interested as to how sucessful it would be. Surprisingly, each time I open my navigator there is at least 1 person in there. I'm actually curious as to how it constantly has someone in there with little or no advertising :P

The Don, saurav suggested HotelUser step down because he is quite busy with other things. This is a legitimate idea. David is global moderator, site coder and then manager of the Helpdesk; surely that's a stressful load.

Anyway, it's easy to say: Hire more international staff but then again, not many of them actually apply. I think the batch before last had two international staff apply. However, I think they should give those (hehehehehe) people a try anyway because they need international staff. It's been said many times over, but HxHD is basically closed until school ends. HxHD is dead for my timezone's prime time; nice.
This is the problem with the whole of Habbox. It practically closes at 11pm and opens at 4pm the next day (GMT). Hey, it's a problem for everyone (and it always has been), so it's not really something which should be aimed at HxHD Management.

It's not mine (or anyones for that matter) position to say Dave should step down but obviously if he feels the work load getting too much it needs to be revised. I daresay he'd resign from moderation before HxHD or coding though; both are his life! :P

A couple of HxHD Staff (=Lizzie and Jordesh) held some Halloween events last week and they were really good. I wish they'd join Events full time if I'm perfectly honest! Markypee decided to join us which is good too (A)

But yeah, it was nice to get some extra support from them over that period, but it didn't really help HxHD in any way.

Oh agreed! :P. Unless people go shopping on saturday.
That's the excuse which has always been given by HxHD Staff sticking to their guns in the past. To be honest, you can take any day / time of the week and make an excuse for it. Saturdays; people go out. Sundays; family day. Monday; school, etc.

Habbo won't advertise Habbox on the homepage, that's for sure. Habbox.com is at the top of the fansite list group page though, which I suppose is an added bonus. MissAlice has given some great advice and help in a previous thread about a possible HxHD Quest which I can only hope has been taken into consideration.

I personally liked the idea suggested recently about linking Hxhd with some of the most popular rooms in the hotel which would attract users to habbox.

Note, this was not my idea, and do not take any credit for it. But I cant remember who's it was.
Just realised I've said this above. Get a tele to Believemesafety's casino! Even if it's in the Habbox Central, it's a bonus!! :P

http://i55.tinypic.com/11kk410.png

Meet me ingame.
Tell me your secret. How do you manage to get so many? :(

I found the whole Halloween fiasco in HxHD rather bemusing. I'm not quite sure why all the staff were suddenly on other accounts (there was no formal announcement to even advertise the fact :P) and it made it look rather odd in my opinion.

Habbox Management in general are forever telling us we need to be recognised on the client. Name changes, HxHD in your motto, usertitles, stickies - but to then change accounts was most odd.

I often think think that it could be utilised as a tech desk too as the problems that lots of habbos have is sorting out phishers, viruses etc etc. There used to be a brilliant site (habtech?) to help out with tech problems which closed so maybe Habbox could consider expanding it's safety section by telling habbos exactly how to get rid of the viruses etc and recommending software that could help.
Oh I remember this desk from ages ago, it was brilliant. To put things bluntly though, I highly doubt HxHD Staff know a great deal about viruses and phishers.

I didn't know anything about it either, but HxL apparently already have one (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=672200) :P

Currently, the whole system is based on rules and regulations. If everything was eased up the place would be a lot less robotic and allow staff members to breathe.
Always been a problem imo, hence why I resigned, twice :P
Every single thing was being picked up on and I felt a couple of the staff were in it for the power rather than the job. HxHD was being run like Amstrad rather than a team effort.

Allow me to throw a couple of terms I learnt in Psychology in to the mix - HxHD really needs to stop having an individualist approach and start being more collectivist. Good huh? ;)

Put simply, while it's good to get personal satisfaction out of things and do things in hope of recognition; sometimes it's better just to work as a team and get on with the job.

Mathew
05-11-2010, 09:56 PM
The constant prowl for rule-breaking rather than praising people for what they're doing right is demoralising and turns staff into robots because they're too afraid of putting one toe out of line, too afraid to make mistakes. In short terms, too afraid to be human.
You're not the only HxHD Staff who thinks this either. I won't name them, but they said they were finding it difficult to act normally and have a laugh these days in fear of a PM from management. Exactly what I noticed when I was staff (as explained in my other post :O).

Chippiewill
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
If you're going to hold your shield up you could use your sword too: you keep repeating that it's nineteen eighty four mode in Habbox Help Desk but you never elaborate enough to get a good read on, so don't jump when we assume you're referring to removing the essentials.
You've obviously taken him to room 101 already.

MissAlice
05-11-2010, 11:20 PM
My offer was for 200 credits should a HxHD quest go ahead. http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=672110&p=6803038#post6803038

I do have concerns however about donations going astray since the 'Donation' thread vanished. However, when I see a worthwhile cause I am more than happy to donate.

HxHD has always been about helping those that need help or advice. A place you can turn to when you need that little bit of help. How better to promote HxHD with a big event like a quest, support needs to come from everyone, that includes HxL who can easily promote it not just by giving it a mention on the radio every hour but by promoting on site too.

I also suggested creating a 'Safety Quest'. Why do you think i did that? Because it's Habbo related and that's where HxHD is based, and I think you have a far greater chance of involving Habbo staff, even if it's just with an offer to donate a trophy to the winner.

The best member of Sulake staff visits this forum. I hope she doesn't read this thread, because it's disgraceful, and disrespectful. But I do hope she catches sight of a Safety Quest in announcements in the not too distant future.

Tintinnabulate
06-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Not read the thread since my last post, but I will.

Anyway just wanted to say the room is very popular tonight, well done!

immense
06-11-2010, 12:34 AM
must be our fab feedback sausau

Mrs.McCall
06-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Or they found the zombie cure ;)

Well done HxHD for increased traffic.

Tell you what, it's a shame whoever was in responsbile for HxHD traffic recently wasn't in charge of Motorway traffic. Getting around would be a helluva lot easier.

Josh
06-11-2010, 03:29 AM

Tech issues should always be part of the staff's duty but do they actually know about tech issues? No offence, but I can imagine someone asking, "How do I get rid of a virus?" And then getting a response like, "We only deal with Habbo or Habbox related issues, sorry."

Alex3213
06-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech issues should always be part of the staff's duty but do they actually know about tech issues? No offence, but I can imagine someone asking, "How do I get rid of a virus?" And then getting a response like, "We only deal with Habbo or Habbox related issues, sorry."

You're absoloutely right, I think it should be part of staff's duty. I do try to answer these questions, however as I have always believed it is part of a staff duty, ever since I became staff in January 08.

Shar
06-11-2010, 08:25 AM
I agree with you Josh. It's a help desk after all. Staff should try to help with various issues to the best of their abilities.

xxMATTGxx
06-11-2010, 09:08 AM

I actually remember back in the day that when you used to have an interview to get a job at an help desk. One of the most common questions was: "How do you get rid of a keylogger", they may not be so much popular these days and people may not get infected by them as much as they used to. But knowing such technical issues would be ideal if anyone does come in asking if they need help on how to get rid of a virus etc.

Alex3213
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I actually remember back in the day that when you used to have an interview to get a job at an help desk. One of the most common questions was: "How do you get rid of a keylogger", they may not be so much popular these days and people may not get infected by them as much as they used to. But knowing such technical issues would be ideal if anyone does come in asking if they need help on how to get rid of a virus etc.

Again, you're right. When I was a Team Leader I know that I had to ask questions all about it (hehe I actually never got an interview, very perculiar) and I had to do it with normal staff as well. It came to a shock that a lot of them didn't know how to work out things like that and I think it's an area which needs to be focussed on.

immense
06-11-2010, 11:07 AM
guess who interviewed the current managa

yours truly

Mathew
06-11-2010, 11:09 AM
The only question on the application is "How do you get a trading pass?" which is the most horrible, generic and pointless question they could possibly choose.

When I was a Team Leader I know that I had to ask questions all about it (hehe I actually never got an interview, very perculiar) and I had to do it with normal staff as well.
Awww so cute ;)
I remember my HxHD Interview and yeah, one of my questions was how to get rid of a keylogger :P

guess who interviewed the current managa

yours truly
You're the one to blame! :P

HxHD was busy last night cos' everyone was logging on to see how empty it was! :P

Roxy
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I remember when I was hxhd staff, there used to be a stickied thread which had information about tech issues and answers to common questions such as how to get rid of a keylogger. It was pretty useful and if not all staff are aware of what to do / there's a lot of questions like that being asked itd be useful to bring it back.

Shar
06-11-2010, 11:20 AM
When I was doing interviews for staff, we had a question on viruses (trojan I think) and anti-virus programmes. I think it was something like what is it and how do you remove it.

Inseriousity.
06-11-2010, 11:25 AM
The only question on the application is "How do you get a trading pass?" which is the most horrible, generic and pointless question they could possibly choose.

yeah but they give you a basic question in the application then you have the interview with the harder questions like 'what's a keylogger?' etc. I remember those questions! :D

Josh
06-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Having harder questions on the applications would sort out smarter people for the job. No offense to some staff but yeah, you know. NOT MEAN TO BE RUDE!

Inseriousity.
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Having harder questions in the interviews would also sort out the smarter people for the job...? so I think that's pretty much redundant tbh. :)

Josh
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Having them on the application will make people go like, "That's a hard question, might not apply now." Now this could be mean and cut down on the applications, but you're going to have a smarter batch of trialists in the long run and they can also become "official" staff quicker and that means more staff in the actual room. (Not that staff being in the room is an issue...

http://i51.tinypic.com/210mt6t.png)

Mathew
06-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Having them on the application will make people go like, "That's a hard question, might not apply now."
Then they're obviously not cut out for the job? :P

Josh
06-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Then they're obviously not cut out for the job? :P

:) Need I say more? I'm glad you picked up on that Mathew.

Mathew
06-11-2010, 11:50 AM
:) Need I say more? I'm glad you picked up on that Mathew.
Oh I didn't get what you meant at first, hahaha. Yeah I agree with ya :D

Mathew
10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Nothing major, but it seems a tad odd that there's 15 trialists.. but then only 4 normal and 2 super staff.

I've never seen over half the trialists and only three regular and super staff, combined, are active. Didn't really want to PM anyone with a complaint as it's more giving feedback on the process of selecting people than individuals. Is this being picked up on? :O

Hayleigh
10-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Agreed Mathew :) I think you need a wide variety of questions maybe that could change in the app every so often ..

Inseriousity.
10-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Don't see how it's odd really. It's gone through a low point (september/october = resignations galore!), it needs to start somewhere to rebuild and it cant just pass trialists just because the numbers are unbalanced. It'll be more balanced when the trialists finish and (hopefully) pass.

Mark
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Mike explained it all really, We have had a lot of resignations recently and the only way to make up for the loss of staff is to hire new ones.

despect
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
instead of hiring a load of new ones wouldnt it make sense to wait to see who passes/fails their trial then you have a clear idea on how many staff you actually have?

wixard
10-11-2010, 06:45 PM
they should hire me then i'll return and make hxhd great

Jordan
10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm sure you all know that the Helpdesk was low with staff members, with this I and HotelUser opened the applications and picked out a handful of applications that looked good. When the Summer holidays end, this is the time where many HxHD staff resign to spend more time with their school work, so this is where you expect us to rebuild. Inseriousity. has got it all said. The staff will eventually balance out next week when we decide the final results with the trialists.
@Mathew, this is all logged in our heads of staff activity, and actions will be taken if needed.

Samantha
10-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm sure you all know that the Helpdesk was low with staff members, with this I and HotelUser opened the applications and picked out a handful of applications that looked good. When the Summer holidays end, this is the time where many HxHD staff resign to spend more time with their school work, so this is where you expect us to rebuild. Inseriousity. has got it all said. The staff will eventually balance out next week when we decide the final results with the trialists.
@Mathew, this is all logged in our heads of staff activity, and actions will be taken if needed.

Surely if people from Habbo are spending more time offline for school work then you don't need as many staff until the Christmas holidays? :S

immense
10-11-2010, 09:05 PM
hxhd is a joke lol

why the **** are staff monitored all the time and have to prove they're in the room it's bizarre

i think that's where issues stem from the manager can't even trust the staff HE hires to be in the room so they have to prove it and take screenies

i'd prefer they were getting on with work

if the manager isn't in there enough to see his own staff in there then he shouldn't be manager

HotelUser
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Surely if people from Habbo are spending more time offline for school work then you don't need as many staff until the Christmas holidays? :S

The problem here is yes you're right, Sam, in that it's accepted that of course activity within HxHD will be reduced outside of summer. But then on the other end of thing some users speculate that HxHD is doing horribly because staff are resigning and there's not as much activity-- well duh :P I don't think it's alright to expect anyone to uphold any department as well as they do in the Summer, because activity just rocks in the summer. Now, a big chunk of our staff fled the coup at the end of the summer so we recruited and this previous recruitment was the second baton of post Summer recruits.

Having more than less staff during the non summer months is necessary because during the summer we can get by with 7 staff because they all spend 20 hours in the room a week. Heck, there was summer weeks where Mark, Lizzie, James and Shannon surpassed 40 hours in a week which is astonishing to say the least! Since our staff have to go to class during the week now they don't have as much time to spend in HxHD. We're constantly changing the number of hours we require from our staff (and in the past we didn't enforce the consequences of not reaching this level of attendance which I take responsibility for). Coherently we will need to adjust our staff numbers to accommodate for how much is required from each staffmember respectively.

hxhd is a joke lol

why the **** are staff monitored all the time and have to prove they're in the room it's bizarre

i think that's where issues stem from the manager can't even trust the staff HE hires to be in the room so they have to prove it and take screenies

i'd prefer they were getting on with work

if the manager isn't in there enough to see his own staff in there then he shouldn't be manager

I didn't introduce the report note system to HxHD. Infact for the longest time I've wanted to get rid of it :P. I think you're right Jake in that good HxHD managers should be able to gauge how active our staff are because they should maintain an outstanding attendance themselves. I'm very confident in that Jordan and I are able to keep tabs on staff attendance fairly well, however even between the two of us we're not able to be in the room 24/7 and of course through the report note system script we use now it's not as bad as its predecessor was! We keep it now because it's incredibly more accurate. There was always trouble in years past where staff member X didn't get noticed but staff member Y did when both were equally active. With everything sealed in ink now too, if a staff member isn't preforming we can see that they're not preforming and have concrete evidence that they're not.

immense
10-11-2010, 11:44 PM
1984 take 2 lol

jakey,,
14-11-2010, 06:20 PM
As matthew said before about a teleport i might consider putting one in my casino if you provide some benefits i would gain from this

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!