PDA

View Full Version : Rural or Urban and WHY?!

immense
05-11-2010, 09:28 PM
In the ideal world would you live in a rural or urban community?

I do love the rural world and that's where I'd opt to live but really close to one of the biggest cities (London, Manchester, Birmingham) so I'm never too off the pulse!

-:Undertaker:-
I always thought I preferred the urban areas, but the idea of a rural setting i'd quite like - quiet, amongst nature, romantic almost.

Panda
urban by a million miles. i just love being at the hub of everything, having everything on your doorstep

Special
05-11-2010, 09:29 PM
i live in a town right now & it's the way i like it. i'd hate to live in the middle of the city & hate it to live in the middle of nowhere

Calvin
05-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Not sure. Urban because I'll have more contact with friends and meet more people, plus everything will be right by you. But Rural because you can do anything and if you live near fields then theres plenty of things to do.

immense
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
yeah, i think i'd want my kids to live in an urban area. much more to do.

buttons
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
i like rural without a doubt:D

Alkaz
05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I live in the middle of both really. I live on the edge of a town so on one side of the house is the town and the other is the country side which I quite like. If I was moving out I would prefer somewhere in the country but that would be later in life due to things being so expensive in the country where I live.

lovethewayyoulie
05-11-2010, 10:03 PM
urban.... no way i could live rural style all the time
little amounts at a time is ok

wixard
05-11-2010, 10:07 PM
i don't think i've ever seen a cow in real life so
urban

Mathew
05-11-2010, 10:58 PM
I live in a very rural area (obviously, it's Yorkshire!) so obviously I favour that over urban. I get the feeling living in a busy, bustling urban area would be way too stressful!

myke
05-11-2010, 11:53 PM
id like to be like, in the middle of the two, theres a perfect area just near me thatd be nice to live in because its a mix of the two and you have to have good monies to live there, so id like to have the good monies too please

but i like where i live now too, its in the middle of the two

Inseriousity.
05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Like Joe, I live in middle of both too! About 10 minutes away from the town centre and 10 minutes away from countryside. I can see the benefits of both but for me, the urban side always wins because of the variety of things to do, entertainment wise. Maybe they're just exaggerations, urban-horror stories (lol) but you hear those stories of the kids in the country having to get a bus for an hour to go to school or go to the cinema and I could never live like that!

Conservative,
06-11-2010, 12:25 AM
Urban near all the clubs, restaurants, cinemas. Near civilisation. I can't stand living in rural areas.

Dean
07-11-2010, 02:09 PM
I already live in an urban area, so I can safely say urban! I would say that I prefer urban over rural because everything is at your doorstep, most shops are open 24/7 or open until late. I like how the public transport system is excellent and there's always stuff to do (nightlife etc). People are really friendly here too and there's plenty of culture which is great.

Oh, and I'd also like to add that young people like me (16-30) should enjoy living in busy, stressful places, because you only live once, and why waste it in the country?

Shar
07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Urban, not that I mind rural, because I live near the city and I'm just use to a more urban setting.

Rozi
07-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I already live in an urban area, so I can safely say urban! I would say that I prefer urban over rural because everything is at your doorstep, most shops are open 24/7 or open until late. I like how the public transport system is excellent and there's always stuff to do (nightlife etc). People are really friendly here too and there's plenty of culture which is great.

Oh, and I'd also like to add that young people like me (16-30) should enjoy living in busy, stressful places, because you only live once, and why waste it in the country?

woo dean, thats how I feel too. Also it feels like you're part of something bigger

immense
07-11-2010, 02:22 PM
i don't think your life is wasted in the country. if anything it's the complete opposite.

Shar
07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
i don't think your life is wasted in the country. if anything it's the complete opposite.
I agree, and it's really nice to live in a rural setting (less asbo kids) ;)

louder
07-11-2010, 02:42 PM
In the ideal world would you live in a rural or urban community?

I do love the rural world and that's where I'd opt to live but really close to one of the biggest cities (London, Manchester, Birmingham) so I'm never too off the pulse!

plymouth would be perfect for you. it is a city, however you're like 10 mins away from dartmoor, cornwall, but you've still got the city centre, with loads of clubs, loads of shops etc.
what i like is it's like the same distance between here and a nightclub to what is it a golf club.
and there's beaches near, and there's a fair few gigs and venues.

but i however, am bloody bored of that! i wouldn't say i'd like to live in either forever, because i plan to be all over the place when i'm older. but next year i'll be going to uni in central london. i absolutely love the city, and i love the busy-ness. :) i can't wait.

immense
07-11-2010, 02:47 PM
plymouth is ******* scummy though lmao

all dock places are

louder
07-11-2010, 02:53 PM
plymouth is ******* scummy though lmao

all dock places are

it's not that bad if you look at it on paper though.
you've got a lot of events.
a choice of cinemas.
a lot of places to eat.
a lot of places to shop.
a lot of places for leisure.
a lot of beaches are near.
there's the *** which is pretty pretty.
because there's a lot of places to shop etc there's a lot of jobs.
crime rates are low.
and it's got one of the biggest uni's in the uk, which isn't awful either.

house prices are pretty high, which is a down side.
and there are a lot of binge drinkers and students. 8-)

Technologic
07-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Suburban fringe, i live in the ideal place. 30 minutes from a national park, 30 minutes by train to manchester, large cinema complex 20 minutes away by car and my house is surrounded by fields and trees

Dean
07-11-2010, 03:09 PM
woo dean, thats how I feel too. Also it feels like you're part of something bigger

Hi 5 city kids ftw!

immense
07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
plymouth is good to shop but if you take the wrong turn you end up in a 3rd world country

louder
07-11-2010, 03:11 PM
plymouth is good to shop but if you take the wrong turn you end up in a 3rd world country

LOL so not true.

kdg-guy
07-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Rural.

Definitely not a fan of small towns. They usually have less hot chicks, less things to do, and less energy. I prefer the opposite.

Rixion
07-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Pretty much balanced, I love wildlife and outdoors, but on the other hand I love the City life. :)

Misawa
12-11-2010, 01:34 AM
I live in Brighton so it's incredibly urbanised nowadays, but I much prefer living in the sticks like I used to. London though I just couldn't imagine living in. Driving looks like hell and the idea of hopping from bus to bus and tubing it around the city does not appeal to me in the slightest. It's too fast-paced for me.

beth
12-11-2010, 01:35 AM
urban, i used to live in a big city moved to a smaller city and i feel trapped, don't like it at all aha.

Jamesy
12-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Rural. I like the peace, quiet and pretty views :). Although I've got a nice balance where I am with the countryside a couple of minutes one way, and the city a couple of minutes the other.

qaxzsw
13-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Urban! Deffinatley. I think the countryside is somewhere you should visit, otherwise you lose how special it is.

But I love the city, I love being near people, shops, and I would love to live in a city which has alot of concerts and gigs! That would be ideal for me.

I would love to live in London for like a year - but I wouldn't like to live there permantly. I think when I'm older I'll buy a flat on the outskirts of london near a train station, like a 10/20 minute train to the city, that would be great. I currently live in a village 10 minute walk from a medium sized town, and don't get me wrong, it's nice, but theres not much to do and the nearest city (Portsmouth) is like only reachable by bus or car, which is only like 25 minutes, but theres nothing to do if you don't have money or can't drive :L

Conservative,
13-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Urban near all the clubs, restaurants, cinemas. Near civilisation. I can't stand living in rural areas.

But to add to that: sometimes it is nice living NEAR a rural area. I live in the best place ever atm. Just outside central London, about 20 minutes away, and about 20 minutes away from the south Downes. It's a nice place - restaurants, bars, pubs, not too much crime, good schools, house prices are quite high but still...ideal place to live tbh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!