PDA

View Full Version : Made my point

AgnesIO
07-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I made this thread just to prove a point: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=673772

I don't think it was any more pointless than half the threads in there. It was pointless in my opinion, but no more than some of the others :)

Jamesy
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Heres how I differentiate. To post about a letter you like, your favourite colour, anything like that requires zero thought unto yourself. Similarly threads involving other forum users get moved into spam since it's more likely they will turn into spam anyway. Threads such as Where do you want to be in 10 years, what do you look for in a relationship and anything else that requires a bit of thought into your answer are fine.

I'm not, suprisingly, here to tell people they can't post threads. The only time I will do so is it they break the forum rules OR if they do them all so fast it's just spamming and knocking off topics onto the other pages (as Immense knows ;)). These and the others will have to co-exist - if you want to act proactively (IE, make threads that are of what you deem good quality) then I will fully support you in any way I can.

Samantha
07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Not being unfair on Jake or anything then surely the 'are you left or right handed thread?' is spam, as you can only choose left/right/ambidexterous, but with the alphabet you can why you like the letter chosen, you can't technically say why you are left or right handed, the only exception could be with ambidexterous as you may have had an accident etc.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=673542

Mathew
08-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Looking outside the window may be difficult for some people, but it really requires no thought to decide and post whether it's raining or not :P

Josh
08-11-2010, 07:49 AM
At least change the rules to permit it... surely.

Catzsy
09-11-2010, 10:44 AM
What I don't understand is why these silly threads are being moved to spam. I am sure they are not welcome there either. To have been moved to spam the thread must have been deemed as 'pointless' and having little value or contributing anything positively constructive to the forum. Most of the threads in spam are more interesting to the members down there than these. Members making pointless threads should surely have them closed and be contacted to request it stop. If then it persists the usual course of action in all my time as a mod/smod was to caution them.

Richie
09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
What I don't understand is why these silly threads are being moved to spam. I am sure they are not welcome there either. To have been moved to spam the thread must have been deemed as 'pointless' and having little value or contributing anything positively constructive to the forum. Most of the threads in spam are more interesting to the members down there than these. Members making pointless threads should surely have them closed and be contacted to request it stop. If then it persists the usual course of action in all my time as a mod/smod was to caution them.

I totally agree, Rosie do you think if you were still agm you'd still have your own opinion? It sucks because the general management don't have their own opinion even if they think something is deemed wrong they'll agree with the others only because it then makes them look like they don't get 'along'. Have an opinion peeps jesus, afterall it is a forum.

AgnesIO
09-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I totally agree, Rosie do you think if you were still agm you'd still have your own opinion? It sucks because the general management don't have their own opinion even if they think something is deemed wrong they'll agree with the others only because it then makes them look like they don't get 'along'. Have an opinion peeps jesus, afterall it is a forum.

I don't think it helps that some of management seem to think they are more important/powerful than other staff who SHOULD have equal power.

Just from what I personally see.

HotelUser
09-11-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't think it helps that some of management seem to think they are more important/powerful than other staff who SHOULD have equal power.

Just from what I personally see.

A ridiculous accusation. You've turned the inability to handle an invalid thread in your eyes into a power trip? What :P!

AgnesIO
09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
A ridiculous accusation. You've turned the inability to handle an invalid thread in your eyes into a power trip? What :P!

It isn't a ridiculous accusation.

Of course it may seem this way, as the members of management who I am thinking of, may just be BETTER at their jobs, and talking to the public more. However, either some of management are not good enough at their jobs, or some are too in control over others.

After your post I am thinking in might actually be the first option.

Inseriousity.
09-11-2010, 02:47 PM
If talking to the public makes people think that they think they're more 'important' (on an online forum lolol) then it's no wonder staff are staying inside their staff forums!

Anyway back onto the topic, I think these spam threads don't need to be corrected with rules and regulations. That 'weather' thread hasn't been posted in a while because it's simply not on the first page anymore. In other words, if you post more interesting threads, these 'spam threads' would die out without having to go all 'STOP BREAKING THE RULES' and then more threads of 'OMG WHY IS THIS FORUM SO STRICT!'

Stephen
09-11-2010, 02:50 PM
detective milestone makes a pointless thread in hope that it would get moved to spam.

Seriously lol you can't compare the threads which haven't been moved to spam to what is your favourite letter lmao

immense
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
milestone is the new saurav

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

AgnesIO
09-11-2010, 03:27 PM

Pleased to know your thoughts, now if you replace saurav if immense (when it comes to moaning) you are correct.

--

stephen for some reason I think knowing what and why people like a letter is more interesting than knowing the colour of their bedroom, or what hand they write with.

immense
09-11-2010, 03:28 PM
no because i'm wicked at feedback and you and saurav are just like -.-

AgnesIO
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
If talking to the public makes people think that they think they're more 'important' (on an online forum lolol) then it's no wonder staff are staying inside their staff forums!

Anyway back onto the topic, I think these spam threads don't need to be corrected with rules and regulations. That 'weather' thread hasn't been posted in a while because it's simply not on the first page anymore. In other words, if you post more interesting threads, these 'spam threads' would die out without having to go all 'STOP BREAKING THE RULES' and then more threads of 'OMG WHY IS THIS FORUM SO STRICT!'

The point is nobody wants to post in that forum out of interest. There is NOTHING, that people actually like to talk about, that is not covered by other forums. If there was suddenly a new craze, a sub-forum is made. Look at Minecraft.

Inseriousity.
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Saurav? Who's Saurav?
Oh you mean tintinnabulate. lol that name cracks me up still.

(ps saurav can be good at feedback if he puts his mind to it tbh, dont be so harsh jake!)

refering to the last post, I just wanted to say that I agree with you. I think that's the problem. I personally think the Health, Life and Relationships forum should be renamed to Health and Relationships as 'life' is such a vague concept where pretty much any thread could go in there. Those sort of 'life' questions can be placed in discuss anything imo.

Samantha
09-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah tbh anything could be placed in the life forum. As I said, I placed one thread in the life forum as 'Horoscopes' are a part of life and didn't think 'Discuss Anything' justified it.
Also, I agree Dom.
I would say why I like a letter because that could create discussion.
Like I said before, the what hand you write with thread is spam imo. However, if I was to post in that thread, (can't remember if I have done) I would say I am left handed but can play some sports with my right hand such as rounders and volleyball, although I can use both in rounders. Instead of saying something just like 'left'

Apple
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
That thread was just as pointless as "Post the weather".

AgnesIO
09-11-2010, 08:22 PM
That thread was just as pointless as "Post the weather".

Perhaps you didn't grasp the concept. I was trying to prove a point, knowing it would get moved.

Tintinnabulate
09-11-2010, 08:23 PM

Edited by Nicola (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly

shut up ****
all my feedback is good feedback! i moan only when mgmt are being morons and offer great feedback.

---------- Post added 09-11-2010 at 08:24 PM ----------

no because i'm wicked at feedback and you and saurav are just like -.-

haha good joke.

immense
09-11-2010, 08:24 PM
aha knew ud like it

Tintinnabulate
09-11-2010, 08:29 PM
aha knew ud like it

i do :) like my sig? and tbh that thread was just pointless...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!