PDA

View Full Version : I.T

Richie
09-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Is it really worth studying? I was told by a few people that around 70% of what you learn will all be in the past when you finish your studys because the technology will be upgraded that much.

N!ck
09-11-2010, 04:29 AM
No. Employers wanting IT people are looking for people who actually know what they're doing, not people with some silly worthless qualification.

Samantha
09-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd stick to it, I've taken ICT and no one has said anything to me about it being too upgraded, then again you are in UNI now, so maybe it may change in 4 years.
Basically employers like above want ICT and sometimes language so even though it may upgrade, it's still worth it.

Recursion
09-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Dunno what year you're in or what, but there's no point taking ICT at GCSEs (usually compulsary nowadays anyway) or A Level. If you're in Uni do Computer Science.

Samantha
09-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Dunno what year you're in or what, but there's no point taking ICT at GCSEs (usually compulsary nowadays anyway) or A Level. If you're in Uni do Computer Science.

We weren't allowed to take ICT, they have only just allowed my sisters year to take it this year, but it's like 3 GCSE's and only 35 were allowed to take it.

Also, one point where I agree with Recursion is that at not taking it at GCSE and A level.

Some people did take it at GCSE got A*'s but all they did was make a few magazines etc.
Whereas, my ICT teacher told us that basically AS level ICT was just like being in uni.

MattFr
09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
GCSE ICT is lame, I ended up having to read the OCR specification and setting myself work because the pace was so damn slow :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!