PDA

View Full Version : HxHD Feedback

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Removed any stuff on David so it doesn't get moved.

This is what we need:

What we need is a manager who is in the BST timezone allowing them to plan events accordingly for peak UK times etc. We need staff who make friends with guests or mingle with them. This means the desk is more likely to be active and less people are going to come in just to troll or break rules as they would rather talk to the staff who they like and have made friends with.

Currently the staff hardly mingle and only reply if asked a question. This is not the way to go. In the olden days the staff always spoke and thats why HxHD was fun and not dead. It seems now staff just go in to do their hours.

What would also be a good idea is to bring back some classic old HxHD styles which DJ-3000 used where the desk is on the left and the guests bit on the right.

immense
11-11-2010, 01:28 AM
We need management who aren't scared to make big departmental changes.

Casanova
11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
i would totally agree with the above. I respect hoteluser and I'm sure he's a great person but every time i seem to visit hxhd he's not active. And i don't use habbo at all really?

I was in the other day to buy lottery tickets from alkaz, i asked him directly five times where he was... but he was sleeping on the front seats.
Even if someone needed help while he was away he should know - all he had to do was scroll down the chat?

all the while some tramp gave me abuse...

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 01:31 AM
rofl aw. He is busy coding v6 so he lacks time for HxHD.

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 02:13 AM
Great to see HotelUser cares about constructive feedback :) I make good suggestions and this is how he feels about this thread (last two lines):

http://i53.tinypic.com/iz1d3o.png

rnix
11-11-2010, 02:27 AM
I think these thread show how immature you guys are, your spending most of your forum time creating threads to make him resign? In my eyes its pathetic and you just get looked down at. If you have proper construction feedback that say it proper, just try taking the piss out of him cause its pathetic. I think he is doing a good job but needs some more staff and events. Sorted.

HotelUser
11-11-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm not going to target any elements of this thread situated around-- well, silly silly things :P

However I will point out that HxHD does NOT allow anyone to target other members (yes, including forum members) and if you have any complaints about this you should rely them into the complaints about staff forums, as you have. I'd like to point out that I have absolutely no intentions of resigning right now.

Dave

Grig
11-11-2010, 04:43 AM
You are saying that they need a manager from the UK? Their assistant is in the UK, if the manager can't do it- give it to the assistant. So that means you're saying that both manager and assistant are ineffective if you seem to forget this point.

I can't comment on the situation now. But when I was there at 9am GMT a few days ago- there were a bunch of trolls sitting there just giving insults to people and obviously because there were a lack of international staff, they just continued. Was really a pleasant atmosphere to sit in. You need more international staff, propel some events and crackdown more on staff who just are not dedicated enough.

Hayleigh
11-11-2010, 06:47 AM

This is what we need:

We need staff who make friends with guests or mingle with them. This means the desk is more likely to be active and less people are going to come in just to troll or break rules as they would rather talk to the staff who they like and have made friends with.

Currently the staff hardly mingle and only reply if asked a question. This is not the way to go. In the olden days the staff always spoke and thats why HxHD was fun and not dead. It seems now staff just go in to do their hours.

What would also be a good idea is to bring back some classic old HxHD styles which DJ-3000 used where the desk is on the left and the guests bit on the right.
Complete agree with staff need to mingle :) Don't agree with some of you saying that Dave should resign he's done so much for HxHD and its a laugh when he's there.

Martin
11-11-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't think it's fair at all to pin this on David. He's worked in HxHD for a very long time, is the most dedicated person I know and always strives for success.

As with every department, there will be tough times, and times where things don't quite slot into place. There are always other contributing factors which cause this to happen and it's not always down to how a manager runs a department. When you're a manager and you get staff resigning, it's often hard to keep team morale at a high and keep everyone interacting and involved. It happens in all departments- but it's something which can easily be sorted.

With the introduction of a lot of promising new trialists, I just know that things are going to improve activity wise, and it's clearly a step in the right direction. These things take time- however with christmas things soon on the way I can only see this being a great time for HxHD.

Habbo activity itself has decreased lately, and I think it's all about keeping the visitors we have, and I know David and Jordan have some exciting things lined up which will maintain current visitors and in turn will attract new ones too.

A lot of people don't realise the amount of work David puts in behind the scenes on Habbox. He's online practically all the time- does a tremendous amount of work for the moderation department and then has the huge task of V6 on his shoulders too. He has a wonderful assistant in Jordan, and together I think they are more than capable of leading the department. As I said, the staff make up the bulk of the department, and these issues are clearly being looked at and resolved. This, along with more events should slowly get HxHD back up top. There isn't even huge problems at the moment, and the room is still popular for long periods of the day which is lovely.

Give it time, and give David more of a chance and I think things will be fine. The stuff about needing a UK manager is rubbish, especially when others are wanting more international staff. I think once the current trialists get settled in, along with the current staff members (who mostly do an excellent job), everything will slot into place. David can't be in the room 24/7, however the past has confirmed that he's totally dedicated to that position, and all I say is give things a chance.

Hayleigh
11-11-2010, 07:12 AM
I don't think it's fair at all to pin this on David. He's worked in HxHD for a very long time, is the most dedicated person I know and always strives for success.

As with every department, there will be tough times, and times where things don't quite slot into place. There are always other contributing factors which cause this to happen and it's not always down to how a manager runs a department. When you're a manager and you get staff resigning, it's often hard to keep team morale at a high and keep everyone interacting and involved. It happens in all departments- but it's something which can easily be sorted.

With the introduction of a lot of promising new trialists, I just know that things are going to improve activity wise, and it's clearly a step in the right direction. These things take time- however with christmas things soon on the way I can only see this being a great time for HxHD.

Habbo activity itself has decreased lately, and I think it's all about keeping the visitors we have, and I know David and Jordan have some exciting things lined up which will maintain current visitors and in turn will attract new ones too.

A lot of people don't realise the amount of work David puts in behind the scenes on Habbox. He's online practically all the time- does a tremendous amount of work for the moderation department and then has the huge task of V6 on his shoulders too. He has a wonderful assistant in Jordan, and together I think they are more than capable of leading the department. As I said, the staff make up the bulk of the department, and these issues are clearly being looked at and resolved. This, along with more events should slowly get HxHD back up top. There isn't even huge problems at the moment, and the room is still popular for long periods of the day which is lovely.

Give it time, and give David more of a chance and I think things will be fine. The stuff about needing a UK manager is rubbish, especially when others are wanting more international staff. I think once the current trialists get settled in, along with the current staff members (who mostly do an excellent job), everything will slot into place. David can't be in the room 24/7, however the past has confirmed that he's totally dedicated to that position, and all I say is give things a chance.
AGREED AGREED AGREED :) I hope these events are lots of smaller ones making together one big one or something because with the sleepover it was one night and that was it ;']

Shar
11-11-2010, 07:26 AM
Agreed with the staff have to mingle bit, but that's up to them to take action themselves if anything. Kinda confused as to why a bst manager is needed when there us a bst assistant already present. Saying that David should be replaced is silly because I remember you yourself wanted him to become manager when he was assistant. He does a great deal of work for hxhd and is really dedicated and someone who isn't part of the department itself cannot really question otherwise.

Alex3213
11-11-2010, 07:40 AM

This is what we need:

What we need is a manager who is in the BST timezone allowing them to plan events accordingly for peak UK times etc. We need staff who make friends with guests or mingle with them. This means the desk is more likely to be active and less people are going to come in just to troll or break rules as they would rather talk to the staff who they like and have made friends with.

Hmm I think this occurs to some people, but that can be sorted. On behalf of myself, I always try to speak and I'm sure a lot of people here would think that there are staff who always answer questions but also communicate with members inside the Help Desk.

As for the BST part- why? We already have an Assistant who's from the BST tiemzone so thus we've already got 2 areas covered. Remember we are no longer "UK orientated" so we should be focussing on all aspects. Infact, with an EST (lol im not sure if its est, i dont care) manager we can get the name out there to more Americans and Canadians, whereas if it was a BST/GMT timezone we wouldn't be able to branch as much as we could.

In a way we already have such a big management team from the United Kingdom, I'm not gonna count but a huge percentage of it is. Having an AEST HabboxLive Manager and an EST HxHD Manager can only be beneficial to two of the most community based departments out there.

Jamesy
11-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I think these thread show how immature you guys are, your spending most of your forum time creating threads to make him resign? In my eyes its pathetic and you just get looked down at. If you have proper construction feedback that say it proper, just try taking the piss out of him cause its pathetic. I think he is doing a good job but needs some more staff and events. Sorted.

Very well said. IF anything complaints about non-existant problems cause real problems because the staff either have to spend their time dealing with the bandwagon on here, or dealing with trolls on the client, and I commend every single one for their patience.

I can't comment on the situation now. But when I was there at 9am GMT a few days ago- there were a bunch of trolls sitting there just giving insults to people and obviously because there were a lack of international staff, they just continued. Was really a pleasant atmosphere to sit in. You need more international staff, propel some events and crackdown more on staff who just are not dedicated enough.

I've been in the help desk when this has happened. No one can talk because it's simply one insult after another towards the staff behind the desk and the atmosphere is terrible! Is this HxHD management's fault? No! I think the ability to deal with trolls like this should be improved, it seems like the staff are pretty much chained into their warning system which is ineffective in dealing with these hard core users set out to cause trouble. And with all this going on, you wonder why staff don't interact?

If David was really so ineffective do you think General Management would have done something by now, or do they recognise that you are just spouting a hate campaign with no real validity behind your points, and the only ones you have are caused by your actions within the desk and within these threads.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 08:16 AM
To be honest, some people just flame every single HxHD manager they have. When Dogboy123 was the manager, he was away to do Habwrecked, David had to carry the team by himself and did a good job of it. In Summer I found David was always in the HelpDesk, he is a really dedicated part to that department and I think you should cut him a lot of slack. Who cares if he can't be on all the time? No one actually can - people do have a life and they can't let a forum take it over.

Also, when saying staff need to mingle, I find they do mingle quite frequently to be honest - but only with people they know. I went in the other day, and was speaking to James, and Liam and we had a really nice conversation - then there were trolls in the help desk and ,Cataclysm (can't spell name) was following the rules and moving up until punishement was issued, in doing so Jordan actually came into the help desk and rectified this.
Jordan is one of the people in the help desk who mingle a lot actually.

On the other hand, I think that every HxHD staff being trialist or normal staff should have quick access to a Super Staff or Management authority in case trolling or abuse occurs, this would cut down on trolling surely.
Also, in the old days, if someone was extremely racist or something of the sort, they would be kicked straight away - does this rule still occur?
Also, I think that, some American's on the game really get aggitated by people from the UK, don't ask me why, but they do, calling them all the names under the sun, trying to act like their better than us, so let them come in the helpdesk, try get them to come in, show them a different side of UK people.

At the end of the day, you should take advantage of the staff you've got. They are a good bunch and they won't be there forever.

FlyingJesus
11-11-2010, 08:21 AM

I don't recall anyone saying he should resign, it looks more like people are wanting him forcibly removed. He's already stated (alongside his usual insults and attempts to call all negative feedback trolling) that he has no intention of resigning regardless of what people think, which is why there are calls for upper management to make the changes. The last 2 threads that got removed were proper feedback just like this one - it's not poor feedback just because it's not singing his praises

I'm not going to target any elements of this thread situated around-- well, silly silly things :P

Such as?

However I will point out that HxHD does NOT allow anyone to target other members (yes, including forum members) and if you have any complaints about this you should rely them into the complaints about staff forums, as you have.

That's quite hilarious frankly given your long record of abuse towards other members (yes, including forum members!!!!!11) and yet nothing seems to get done about it despite doing exactly as you suggest here

Gordon Brown had been around a long time and tried hard

Habbo activity itself has decreased lately

Is that just HxHD staff or are you actually claiming that the entire hotel is going downhill at a time when they're recording 25% higher profits than they were last year?

A lot of people don't realise the amount of work David puts in behind the scenes on Habbox.

Ahhh the classic Habbox fix-it-all line for when someone in management isn't liked. If a manager can't do their job of managing a department then it really doesn't matter what we can't see them do. What people clearly can't see going by this thread is an active help desk with staff who are friendly to people other than just other staff members, and that's the kind of thing that should be halted long before it becomes enough of a problem to warrant feedback threads, especially when it's something that seems to happen every couple of months or so

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Very well said. IF anything complaints about non-existant problems cause real problems because the staff either have to spend their time dealing with the bandwagon on here, or dealing with trolls on the client, and I commend every single one for their patience.

I've been in the help desk when this has happened. No one can talk because it's simply one insult after another towards the staff behind the desk and the atmosphere is terrible! Is this HxHD management's fault? No! I think the ability to deal with trolls like this should be improved, it seems like the staff are pretty much chained into their warning system which is ineffective in dealing with these hard core users set out to cause trouble. And with all this going on, you wonder why staff don't interact?

If David was really so ineffective do you think General Management would have done something by now, or do they recognise that you are just spouting a hate campaign with no real validity behind your points, and the only ones you have are caused by your actions within the desk and within these threads.

I like how all the idiots have taken this as a complaint when I said David should move to assistant and manager be in BST and ignored all the other feedback on layout and how staff can mingle to increase activity. Shows how two managers - David and Jamesy - who have both said this thread is useless cannot stand new ideas etc. I guess activity will never increase when you have HU going "forum is dead, radio is dead atm so whats wrong with hxhd being dead too (at this hour)??"
Like I said, these threads are pointless now. Managers are a bunch of power freaks who have no clue what they are on about - see my VM on Jamesys profile - and when someone does suggest ideas on improvement they take just 1 part of it and cry that it's a complaint by ignoring the suggestions. Wonder why people say HxHD, radio and forum are all dying ...

Well done.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Maybe HxHD just needs to be scrapped and redone in the New Year, get a whole new range of staff - no offence David. Keep Jordan, as he hasn't been there long. Didn't that happen when it swapped from Sammeth. to :Jin: Josh and Leah held up their bags and called it a day.

Surely people may get PC's Mac's laptops for christmas so may find habbo afterwards.
Whatever you do it can only get better.

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Maybe HxHD just needs to be scrapped and redone in the New Year, get a whole new range of staff - no offence David. Keep Jordan, as he hasn't been there long. Didn't that happen when it swapped from Sammeth. to :Jin: Josh and Leah held up their bags and called it a day.

Surely people may get PC's Mac's laptops for christmas so may find habbo afterwards.
Whatever you do it can only get better.

Your last line suggests HxHD isn't great atm.

Jamesy
11-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I like how all the idiots have taken this as a complaint when I said David should move to assistant and manager be in BST and ignored all the other feedback on layout and how staff can mingle to increase activity.

I commented on your point about staff mingling too, so I didn't ignore that.

Shows how two managers - David and Jamesy - who have both said this thread is useless cannot stand new ideas etc. I guess activity will never increase when you have HU going "forum is dead, radio is dead atm so whats wrong with hxhd being dead too (at this hour)??"

Where in my post did I say no to your ideas layouts? I don't have any knowledge of this area so I left it alone - all I did was defend David and Jord and their department. Forum isn't dead and your comments on "can't stand new ideas" are complete nonsense. Oli and myself leading the forum department (although me via the technical channels) over summer brought about the most rapid changes on the forum in its history, and I have set about to reform many many things over the past 2 months I have had this job.

Like I said, these threads are pointless now. Managers are a bunch of power freaks who have no clue what they are on about - see my VM on Jamesys profile - and when someone does suggest ideas on improvement they take just 1 part of it and cry that it's a complaint by ignoring the suggestions. Wonder why people say HxHD, radio and forum are all dying ...

Yup we're all power freaks getting excited at the thought of kicking / banning people. Nothing gets me going like the thought of a tasty infraction in the morning - ridiculous and it's something you seem very keen to throw around with no knowledge of the departments. If Managers were ignorant of their department would they be managers? No. It's normally the same few people who say the departments are dying so that argument is flawed too. Nice plan telling people to look at a VM on my profile that only tells one side of the story too.

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 09:06 AM
I commented on your point about staff mingling too, so I didn't ignore that.

Where in my post did I say no to your ideas layouts? I don't have any knowledge of this area so I left it alone - all I did was defend David and Jord and their department. Forum isn't dead and your comments on "can't stand new ideas" are complete nonsense. Oli and myself leading the forum department (although me via the technical channels) over summer brought about the most rapid changes on the forum in its history, and I have set about to reform many many things over the past 2 months I have had this job.

Yup we're all power freaks getting excited at the thought of kicking / banning people. Nothing gets me going like the thought of a tasty infraction in the morning - ridiculous and it's something you seem very keen to throw around with no knowledge of the departments. If Managers were ignorant of their department would they be managers? No. It's normally the same few people who say the departments are dying so that argument is flawed too. Nice plan telling people to look at a VM on my profile that only tells one side of the story too.

Er forum has had more rapid changes before too lol so stop thinking so highly of yourself. And lol how is it one sided? I appealed my caution, you said no, Jin reversed it.
And it is. Everytime Jake stops posting, spam goes back 2-3 days and have you compared your stats to CHF?? They get double what this forum gets.

There seems to be the same old crappy excuse; its august, people are out more. Its september, people are starting school. When infact they are fed up of the managers.

Josh
11-11-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't agree with his resigning. However, people say "It can help bring in more American/Canadian users." No it doesn't. He is there behind the desk during late GMT nights.

I also don't think a UK manager is going to help anything.

Inseriousity.
11-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Don't think changing to a UK manager is really necessary as people have pointed out there's a UK assistant tbh however, I do agree with the staff part. I also think that they're too scared to mingle and act human in case it backfires on them and they receive a warning for it. Unfortunately, I felt that when I was staff, there was a 'Big Brother' atmosphere and as it's a voluntary job, I didn't really find it comfortable, which might be a factor in the lack of staff interaction.

GommeInc
11-11-2010, 11:08 AM
The Help Desk idea seems too informal nowadays. Wasn't it the idea to reduce the desk and turn it into a lounge with a tiny desk in the corner? It seems a wiser choice, Also, from my experience in the past, the Help Desk was a mildly unpleasant room to be in, far too strict for the theme it's meant to represent. A change that relaxs the atmosphere seems to be more welcome, not people telling people what to do when looking for help (that is to say, tell them to shut up or go away, rather than actually help them :P)

It would probably make it easier for staff to.

Shar
11-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Er forum has had more rapid changes before too lol so stop thinking so highly of yourself. And lol how is it one sided? I appealed my caution, you said no, Jin reversed it.
And it is. Everytime Jake stops posting, spam goes back 2-3 days and have you compared your stats to CHF?? They get double what this forum gets.

There seems to be the same old crappy excuse; its august, people are out more. Its september, people are starting school. When infact they are fed up of the managers.
Fed up of their managers? Now that's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. In the real world you would be required to work for someone that you might hate, however that must be done. It would be better to work with the manager than against them and actually do your job. Changing the manager will never help. HxHD has had two managerial changes this year and yet people still don't seem to be satisfied. Staff should work with what they have got and if they want changes in the department its up to them. As James has already pointed out, if management have any issue with the current hxhd managers they themselves will take action and deal with it, its not our place to judge.

immense
11-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Same old HxHD thread. People who use it on a daily basis tell it how it is and then people who use it very sparingly, Jamesy and Bolt660 jump to mind come in here defending it. Why? Because they're Habbox staff themselves and need to tow the party line. People who actively use HxHD, know that the staff being hired aren't up to scratch, management has clear favourites, staff are frightened to talk to users, it offers nothing for foreign users when the majority of Habbo users are foreign (in the sense they're not from the UK) and staff aren't even trusted by the management as they were for 5 years and now have to take screenies to prove they're in the desk.

Just to shut up the freaks who believe it's the same people moaning about nothing, it certainly seems that way :rolleyes:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=674132

Samantha
11-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Your last line suggests HxHD isn't great atm.

When I went in the other day it was quite active, had 3 staff behind the desk, had Jordan sorting out the trolls and it was a nice picture (apart from the trolls obviously)
I don't play habbo often; only just got back into it, and before i left sometimes the helpdesk was dead, once or twice id just sit there alone, as i had nothing else to do.

Well it can get worse, I was rushing so didn't phrase it literally enough. The worst thing that could happen is all the staff quit - but maybe that wouldn't be that much of a hinderance. New faces? Maybe.

Hopefully it will be good for the festive season. :).

Richie
11-11-2010, 12:08 PM
lol me and david don't always see eye to eye but hes by far the most dedicated and the right person for the job, at the moment anyways.

and saurav the threads only go bk 2-3days because he posts like 20 threads a day in spam, anyone could do it. I'm jokinn jake dnt have a hissy fit lol

immense
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
i won't it's pretty much common knowledge hx dies without me

Sarah
11-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't know if it would be beneficial if HU was moved to assistant or resigned. I mean we already have an Assistant who is in the UK time zone - so surely he should be on to meet the "needs" of the UK users who visit the room?
If anything we should be hiring more staff from the AEST time zone - which is probably when the room is dead the most and we are missing a huge gap to get visitors from that time zone. I don't know if "regional" managers would be effective - having a Manager for the desk from each time zone to ensure there is always someone there to manage them - however that might be a bit too much.
I don't think anyone is doubting David's dedication to the desk, and he knows I support him - I think everyone is just nagging for change but don't know the best way to achieve it.

Josh
11-11-2010, 03:34 PM
I don't know if it would be beneficial if HU was moved to assistant or resigned. I mean we already have an Assistant who is in the UK time zone - so surely he should be on to meet the "needs" of the UK users who visit the room?
If anything we should be hiring more staff from the AEST time zone - which is probably when the room is dead the most and we are missing a huge gap to get visitors from that time zone. I don't know if "regional" managers would be effective - having a Manager for the desk from each time zone to ensure there is always someone there to manage them - however that might be a bit too much.
I don't think anyone is doubting David's dedication to the desk, and he knows I support him - I think everyone is just nagging for change but don't know the best way to achieve it.

lol aest regional manager kk

But on a more serious note; having a regional manager for a timezone would be handy. However, it's going to be a pretty boring job unless they're allowed to go all out. It just needs more promotion! I stay up wayyyy too late for your times and maybe if you stayed up later in mine on the summer holidays (coming up shortly (H) ) and try to recruit some people. Once you get a few more staff, then you go hunting for a regional leader who will keep in touch with those staff so they don't feel left out of the community.

I know for certain most of the Aussie DJs aren't part of the community because of timezones.

Alex3213
11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
lol aest regional manager kk

But on a more serious note; having a regional manager for a timezone would be handy. However, it's going to be a pretty boring job unless they're allowed to go all out. It just needs more promotion! I stay up wayyyy too late for your times and maybe if you stayed up later in mine on the summer holidays (coming up shortly (H) ) and try to recruit some people. Once you get a few more staff, then you go hunting for a regional leader who will keep in touch with those staff so they don't feel left out of the community.

I know for certain most of the Aussie DJs aren't part of the community because of timezones.

I'm not gonna reply with the rest apart from this post cos it's just the same old same old.

You're absoloutely right josh, i think you're rather inhumane participating in the HxHD events at such ridiculous times :P I think there should be more variety of times or a suitable time for all (like a 12pm like you suggested) and it's certainly something which should be looked upon.

As for the other, yes. I',m gonna be honest but apart from Gemma and yourself (ex-staff anyway), who is staff from the AEST timezone? that sorta proves my point that a) they're not part of the community like you say and b) there's not enough.

beth
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
gonna be honest; i like david, but i think a rapid overhaul is needed.

immense
11-11-2010, 05:42 PM
should all join the council xo

beth
11-11-2010, 05:44 PM
should all join the council xo

are there freebies?

immense
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM
plenty.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
I doubt regional managers would accomplish anything.
No Australian will want to come on at the early hours of the morning tbf, but if they did, and wanted to go to Habbox, they would probably find the HxHD nearly empty.

And agreed, who would be the regional manager, as some experience in the desk is vital at least. I know both gemma and josh have some experience, but if this was the case where one should get the job - if it happened then they should go up the ladder the same way as everyone else.

We need more allrounded timed events where everyone can join in tbh. Already been said, but reinforcing the fact that we do.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:05 PM
if it happened then they should go up the ladder the same way as everyone else.
Actually management do not think that this is required.

p.s. @immense and @sauruv stop winging.

Shar
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
This feedback thread is a repetition of every hxhd feedback thread ever made lols. No new ideas are being made to help improve the help desk just the same old on how it sucks basically.

immense
11-11-2010, 06:08 PM
This feedback thread is a repetition of every hxhd feedback thread ever made lols

and your reply is equally as helpful

Catzsy
11-11-2010, 06:10 PM
plenty.

Hmm.... I presume you have permission to use the Habbox name in this venture.

QUOTE=immense Our aim is to improve Habbox and we will post fortnightly threads with our superior feedback and suggestions. This is a very elite group of users who have the know how to activate change here on our beloved forum

Wow nice to see some modestly abound on the forum? Out of interest who thinks the above statement to be anywhere near accurate?

Another thread on HXHD? This is seriously getting boring now and this one has really just been opened to target a member of staff AGAIN.

Shar
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Sorry let's all join the council xo

immense
11-11-2010, 06:14 PM
for the best

the council is a fantastic and terribly serious organisation ran by the founding fathers of the post 2006 habbox

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
and your reply is equally as helpful

It's helpful because it's telling you to stop wasting your time winging about nothing.

Catzsy
for the best

the council is a fantastic and terribly serious organisation ran by the founding fathers of the post 2006 habbox

Are you on something? I am guessing you will lead this council?

despect
I doubt regional managers would accomplish anything.
No Australian will want to come on at the early hours of the morning tbf, but if they did, and wanted to go to Habbox, they would probably find the HxHD nearly empty.

And agreed, who would be the regional manager, as some experience in the desk is vital at least. I know both gemma and josh have some experience, but if this was the case where one should get the job - if it happened then they should go up the ladder the same way as everyone else.

We need more allrounded timed events where everyone can join in tbh. Already been said, but reinforcing the fact that we do.

Gemma was SS for 9 months, just sayin'

Hecktix
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
The biggest problem in HxHD is trolls. Period.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 06:19 PM
This feedback thread is a repetition of every hxhd feedback thread ever made lols. No new ideas are being made to help improve the help desk just the same old on how it sucks basically.

Different country managers is a new idea. Isn't it. But I see what you mean no need for all threads.

Also, @ChippieWill, why not? It's only fair. Did the management themselves move up the ladder? I think so. Should be same for everyone. They may know how it feels but they should know it's only fair and you must have patience to see any improvements being made.

imo the helpdesk needs.

A Super Staff or Management member (who have rights) in there near enough the whole time. This would limit trolls because surely they may get bored of being repeatedly kicked.
Staff actually interacting with some people in the help desk, not from the door, but when people walk in they should interact.
Keep the desk active, this could be by interacting as said above.
During Habbox Events say search xxMattGxx for the help desk, get it well known.
Help with any question you can - if it's not feesible to do so ask upper management or direct them to Habboxforum.
You could put stickies in the room explaining how to solve some basic questions. When the helpdesk is busy and there aren't many staff in there and more than one needs help you could direct them to the stickies in the mean time.
Make sure some staff have access/contact with someone who have rights, maybe just a thread on the help desk where normal staff/ trialists can tell management what is wrong etc and why they need to come down (if they are available).
Just a better attitude towards the help desk - not like some people saying that it is dead. You may make it dead for all we know.
More planned events, do some official events - you say you are hitting your limit with vip, give furni out instead, it's better than having a slow night in the helpdesk with nothing to do.
Make the helpdesk more allrounded, include Australian times, etc, get events more suited for them, because of the time they have to stop up until that might be why you do not get as many staff applying from Australia.

---------- Post added 11-11-2010 at 06:20 PM ----------

Gemma was SS for 9 months, just sayin'

I was weary at that comment, I couldn't remember if she was super staff, as I was thinking of Lindsey instead for some reason. Thanks for clearing it up, :).

immense
11-11-2010, 06:21 PM
The biggest problem in HxHD is trolls. Period.

has it been any different down the years? no. old spam used to troll. pleke and greco used to troll. now people troll. hasn't caused management to be awful before. when i was manager i told my staff to expect to be trolled and rise above it and ignore them. ignore them, it stops ;)

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Also, @ChippieWill, why not? It's only fair. Did the management themselves move up the ladder? I think so. Should be same for everyone. They may know how it feels but they should know it's only fair and you must have patience to see any improvements being made.
Past trainee it's not promotion, it's allocation, I don't agree with it but it's what they appear to do.

Mathew
11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
On the other hand, I think that every HxHD staff being trialist or normal staff should have quick access to a Super Staff or Management authority in case trolling or abuse occurs, this would cut down on trolling surely.
Also, in the old days, if someone was extremely racist or something of the sort, they would be kicked straight away - does this rule still occur?
HxHD has a naff hierarchy in my opinion. To be fair, I'd scrap the role of Super Staff and simply give all normal staff rights. If you can't trust them then obviously they're not right for the job. At current, there's 2 inactive super staff. That means there's only Dave and Jord who have the ability to kick trolls (and we all know, with Dave's coding job... that only really leaves Jord). I'd much prefer "Room Moderators" than "Super Staff" anyway.

I don't agree with his resigning. However, people say "It can help bring in more American/Canadian users." No it doesn't. He is there behind the desk during late GMT nights.
Exactly. I've elaborated on this in my quoted reply to Sarah below. While in the states, I'd log onto Habbo at 3am GMT and see pretty much David and yourself; a couple of people doing the same as Dave would do nothing.

also think that they're too scared to mingle and act human in case it backfires on them and they receive a warning for it. Unfortunately, I felt that when I was staff, there was a 'Big Brother' atmosphere and as it's a voluntary job, I didn't really find it comfortable, which might be a factor in the lack of staff interaction.
Which is also why I resigned. I felt like I was being watched, constantly. It's probably changed now, but at the time I had other staff members whispering to me, telling me off - it wasn't a team, which is what it should be.

The Help Desk idea seems too informal nowadays. Wasn't it the idea to reduce the desk and turn it into a lounge with a tiny desk in the corner? It seems a wiser choice, Also, from my experience in the past, the Help Desk was a mildly unpleasant room to be in, far too strict for the theme it's meant to represent. A change that relaxs the atmosphere seems to be more welcome, not people telling people what to do when looking for help (that is to say, tell them to shut up or go away, rather than actually help them :P)
The lounge layout seems to have disappeared, as has the staff limit of 12. The New HxHD Rules (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=656493) have largely been forgotten about too. Anyone know if we're reverting back to the old style of HxHD? Has the lounge layout been scrapped?

i won't it's pretty much common knowledge hx dies without me
I must admit, your threads (which weren't moved to spam!) we pretty good.

While people are running around saying "hire moar internationalz!1," how will a couple of extra trialists from another country improve the whole of HxHD? It won't.
a) I've noticed International staff have less chance of passing trials due to them not being seen as much. There'd probably be a feedback thread about them saying they're pointless.
b) They'd be totally new to the site, so what is the chance of them wanting to dedicate themselves so much that they'd strive to improve Habbox?
c) "International" staff can't just be conjured up. We're talking about this like you can buy one from Asda and they'll improve your department overnight. Be realistic; you could hire 5 staff from Australia but what makes you think they'd go "above the call of duty" to help Habbox?

Oh, and I daresay the trolling only happens because they know they're not allowed to do it. If staff just laughed some of the lighter comments off, rather than dishing it warnings, it wouldn't be half as bad.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
While people are running around saying "hire moar internationalz!1," how will a couple of extra trialists from another country improve the whole of HxHD? It won't.
a) I've noticed International staff have less chance of passing trials due to them not being seen as much. There'd probably be a feedback thread about them saying they're pointless.
b) They'd be totally new to the site, so what is the chance of them wanting to dedicate themselves so much that they'd strive to improve Habbox?
c) "International" staff can't just be conjured up. We're talking about this like you can buy one from Asda and they'll improve your department overnight. Be realistic; you could hire 5 staff from Australia but what makes you think they'd go "above the call of duty" to help Habbox?

HxHD Apprentice - 10 Weeks of Habbox related tasks, the prize; a chance to work alongside HotelUser and to prove themselves worthy as a Non-Europe/Americas time slot shift manager.

It'd be epic.

p.s. It might sound like I'm taking the piss but it'd be an awesome competition.

immense
11-11-2010, 06:42 PM
HxHD Apprentice - 10 Weeks of Habbox related tasks, the prize; a chance to work alongside HotelUser and to prove themselves worthy as a Non-Europe/Americas time slot shift manager.

It'd be epic.

p.s. It might sound like I'm taking the piss but it'd be an awesome competition.

are you joking

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:43 PM
are you joking

Just like in the real thing you'd have to apply first.

Edit: Also it's original unlike most competitions run around here..

Samantha
11-11-2010, 06:44 PM

It'd be epic.

I thought they did Habbox Apprentice, but the person who won didn't even get their prize till ages later.
I don't think it would be a good idea as apprentice is like business not helping.

immense
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Also, I'd like to add I have heard a user who kicked off in a PM saying she was quitting is apparently having sly digs at me. Luckily, I grew wise to her obsessing over me and did the mature thing and placed her on my ignore list. Poor mite.

Inseriousity.
11-11-2010, 06:49 PM
HxHD has a naff hierarchy in my opinion. To be fair, I'd scrap the role of Super Staff and simply give all normal staff rights. If you can't trust them then obviously they're not right for the job. At current, there's 2 inactive super staff. That means there's only Dave and Jord who have the ability to kick trolls (and we all know, with Dave's coding job... that only really leaves Jord). I'd much prefer "Room Moderators" than "Super Staff" anyway.

Exactly. I've elaborated on this in my quoted reply to Sarah below. While in the states, I'd log onto Habbo at 3am GMT and see pretty much David and yourself; a couple of people doing the same as Dave would do nothing.

Which is also why I resigned. I felt like I was being watched, constantly. It's probably changed now, but at the time I had other staff members whispering to me, telling me off - it wasn't a team, which is what it should be.

The lounge layout seems to have disappeared, as has the staff limit of 12. The New HxHD Rules (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=656493) have largely been forgotten about too. Anyone know if we're reverting back to the old style of HxHD? Has the lounge layout been scrapped?

I must admit, your threads (which weren't moved to spam!) we pretty good.

Oh, and I daresay the trolling only happens because they know they're not allowed to do it. If staff just laughed some of the lighter comments off, rather than dishing it warnings, it wouldn't be half as bad.

I pretty much agree with everything you say apart from two things.

If normal staff are going to have rights then it wouldn't matter that super staff would be called 'room moderators' (a name which sounds too formal imo). And I disagree with the a) in your last point because, unlike Jake, I think the current log system is actually quite handy. It's a pain in the arse and zscreen is the devil's child but I can see the necessity of it and therefore it's very easy for them to see how active international staff are.

PS. While trolls are a pain in the backside, if you read between the lines, you can normally find some useful and practical suggestions.

Mathew
11-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I pretty much agree with everything you say apart from two things.

If normal staff are going to have rights then it wouldn't matter that super staff would be called 'room moderators' (a name which sounds too formal imo). And I disagree with the a) in your last point because, unlike Jake, I think the current log system is actually quite handy. It's a pain in the arse and zscreen is the devil's child but I can see the necessity of it and therefore it's very easy for them to see how active international staff are.

PS. While trolls are a pain in the backside, if you read between the lines, you can normally find some useful and practical suggestions.
Oh damn a flaw in my argument. I didn't even realise that :P But yeah, either way it would work out better imo.

Funnily enough I think the logging system is very good indeed. I actually can't think of any way to fault it! What I'm trying to say though, is that "international" staff are usually fully new people who have recently joined up to Habbox and would therefore not know any of the room visitors, not know management and not use the forum. Surely if you're completely new and thrown in at the deep end with some trolls, the chance of you surviving is highly unlikely :)

Oh and in reply to Lord Chippie Sugar above, as much as I'd love to see if it actually worked, I can't see it happening :P

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh and in reply to Lord Chippie Sugar above, as much as I'd love to see if it actually worked, I can't see it happening :P

Actually I'm Nick, you can be Margaret or that new person (Obviously HU would have to be Sugar).

Samantha
11-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Actually I'm Nick, you can be Margaret or that new person (Obviously HU would have to be Sugar).

No HotelUser has black hair not grey.
Jordan ftw.

Also, at the end of the day a part of the HelpDesk will always fail, been like that for ages, can't really be improved.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Also, at the end of the day a part of the HelpDesk will always fail, been like that for ages, can't really be improved.
We still have to try...

..the epic apprentice idea.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 07:07 PM
We still have to try...

..the epic apprentice idea.

No one really looked at my long list of bullet points, so yeah.
If they don't want ideas then their loss init.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 07:11 PM
A Super Staff or Management member (who have rights) in there near enough the whole time. This would limit trolls because surely they may get bored of being repeatedly kicked.
Yes

Staff actually interacting with some people in the help desk, not from the door, but when people walk in they should interact.
Yes

Keep the desk active, this could be by interacting as said above.
Yes

During Habbox Events say search xxMattGxx for the help desk, get it well known.
Yes

Help with any question you can - if it's not feasible to do so ask upper management or direct them to Habboxforum.
Yes

You could put stickies in the room explaining how to solve some basic questions. When the helpdesk is busy and there aren't many staff in there and more than one needs help you could direct them to the stickies in the mean time.
Yes

Make sure some staff have access/contact with someone who have rights, maybe just a thread on the help desk where normal staff/ trialists can tell management what is wrong etc and why they need to come down (if they are available).
Yes

Just a better attitude towards the help desk - not like some people saying that it is dead. You may make it dead for all we know.
Yes

More planned events, do some official events - you say you are hitting your limit with vip, give furni out instead, it's better than having a slow night in the helpdesk with nothing to do.
Yes

Make the helpdesk more allrounded, include Australian times, etc, get events more suited for them, because of the time they have to stop up until that might be why you do not get as many staff applying from Australia.
Yes

Serious answers, honest.

(HxHD apprentice > Than that though.)

Mathew
11-11-2010, 07:13 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/a584kp.png

Samantha
11-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Serious answers, honest.

(HxHD apprentice > Than that though.)
Lol, maybe I would be all up for it if I could join in and apply.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 07:14 PM

That's exactly how I envisioned it, I'm glad this is all coming together :)

Lol, maybe I would be all up for it if I could join in and apply.
Of course you can, you just need a good application!

Tintinnabulate
11-11-2010, 07:29 PM

move away i will get hired.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 07:30 PM
move away i will get hired.

Can I get hired. Dnhl ftw atm tho.

I don't see this going anywhere far, will not improve it imo.

Shar
11-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Hxhd apprentice will be a good idea imo. Test the habbo(x) knowledge of the person.

despect
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
does that not mean that you'll basically be hiring a randomer who could of never even been in the help desk, its alright to have a good application but its about activity too. just my opinion anyway.

Hayleigh
11-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Ok new idea: Until aest trialists etc come forward give staffs rewards for doing hours they wont usually do... ie if a UK staff does after half 11 they get a reward .Idk . Like i understand people have school the next day but at the weekends and stuff it should be possible. Also if people had time to do 15 minutes in the morning . Just a suggestion i know in some cases it is near impossible

Shar
11-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm sure there was a target setting thing suggested. Nonetheless the reward is SOTM. Not soley on activity, obviously, but it adds to it.

Eoin247
11-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Ok new idea: Until aest trialists etc come forward give staffs rewards for doing hours they wont usually do... ie if a UK staff does after half 11 they get a reward .Idk . Like i understand people have school the next day but at the weekends and stuff it should be possible. Also if people had time to do 15 minutes in the morning . Just a suggestion i know in some cases it is near impossible

Perhaps give forum users rep for the extra work?

Shar
11-11-2010, 08:30 PM
You get rep when you get sotm from VIP.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 08:33 PM
does that not mean that you'll basically be hiring a randomer who could of never even been in the help desk, its alright to have a good application but its about activity too. just my opinion anyway.

Just like in the real thing you'd have to apply first.

It'd allow you to get to know your new Aussie/other foreigner brethren fast, it's basically a ten week trial with tasks :)

You could also have it recorded as episodes on youtube and have them put out weekly.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 09:08 PM
It'd allow you to get to know your new Aussie/other foreigner brethren fast, it's basically a ten week trial with tasks :)

You could also have it recorded as episodes on youtube and have them put out weekly.

'Other foreigner' I doubt that would mean British people then? As another foreigner to me is like france etc, and as I am from Britain it sounds quite racial. I know it isn't meant to be potrayed in that way.

However, I don't like the idea of;

An application wouldn't be that good. I know this because I have worked as an AGM which required me reviewing the help desk. I was also normal staff at the same Helpdesk on Mr-trainor's fansite. Anyhow, I knew I had the experience and the dedication - however, I spent near enough an hour on an application for HxHD and don't get accepted, so maybe I am not that good at constructing applications but I know I could most probably do the job. This can also be vice versa, they could have a degree in application writing, get the job and then fail dramatically.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 09:29 PM
An application wouldn't be that good. I know this because I have worked as an AGM which required me reviewing the help desk. I was also normal staff at the same Helpdesk on Mr-trainor's fansite. Anyhow, I knew I had the experience and the dedication - however, I spent near enough an hour on an application for HxHD and don't get accepted, so maybe I am not that good at constructing applications but I know I could most probably do the job. This can also be vice versa, they could have a degree in application writing, get the job and then fail dramatically.

That's why they have trials? And this is a massive 10 week trial to get some non-British staff working in the HxHD!

Samantha
11-11-2010, 09:30 PM
That's why they have trials? And this is a massive 10 week trial to get some non-British staff working in the HxHD!

But you said I could apply. When I'm British...

Inseriousity.
11-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Hmm if it's a HxHD apprentice just for 'international' users to try and get a job for Lord User then those international users would have to be at Habbox in the first place, in which case they'd have probably applied for HxHD before anyway. If it wasn't restricted to non-GMT users then I imagine that the bulk of the people would probably be GMT users therefore not really trying to sort out the lack of international staff problem.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Hmm if it's a HxHD apprentice just for 'international' users to try and get a job for Lord User then those international users would have to be at Habbox in the first place, in which case they'd have probably applied for HxHD before anyway. If it wasn't restricted to non-GMT users then I imagine that the bulk of the people would probably be GMT users therefore not really trying to sort out the lack of international staff problem.
You accept only non-GMT users for the HxHD apprentice and then it serves an additional purpose on top of a trial. It gets popularity for HxHD and Habbox.

Samantha
11-11-2010, 09:52 PM
You accept only non-GMT users for the HxHD apprentice and then it serves an additional purpose on top of a trial. It gets popularity for HxHD and Habbox.

Why say I could apply then? :(.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Why say I could apply then? :(.
You can apply for the EU season, but the Australasia/Asia timezone is more desperate at the moment and therefore comes first. Sheesh, does this not make perfect sense to you?

Inseriousity.
11-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes so as I said in my previous post, those users would have to be here in the first place to apply for it... and quite simply, they're not. :(

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Yes so as I said in my previous post, those users would have to be here in the first place to apply for it... and quite simply, they're not. :(

Do the people on the Apprentice already work at Amstrad? No! It'll be fine 10 weeks is like the entire minimum hiring time anyway.

Hecktix
12-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Once again, the level of trolling within HxHD for the second night running has proven that it is trolls that are the problem, even pleke and greco weren't on this scale.

Richie
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Once again, the level of trolling within HxHD for the second night running has proven that it is trolls that are the problem, even pleke and greco weren't on this scale.

Reported for targeting other members

Ignore and get on with your habbo life

immense
12-11-2010, 12:39 AM
If management can't deal with trolls then it's worrying.

beth
12-11-2010, 12:52 AM
If management can't deal with trolls then it's worrying.

this is too true. there's only so many times you can blame a problem on trolling. you should be eliminating trolls, or simply rising above it.
if you mgmt/staff didn't bite so consistently you wouldn't have a problem. stop taking the bait.

immense
12-11-2010, 12:53 AM
innit. this is one problem when ignoring it rly does make it go away.

Hecktix
12-11-2010, 12:58 AM
this is too true. there's only so many times you can blame a problem on trolling. you should be eliminating trolls, or simply rising above it.
if you mgmt/staff didn't bite so consistently you wouldn't have a problem. stop taking the bait.

Nobody is biting, the level of trolls we have at the moment is beyond the level of troll anybody could deal with in 5 mins, it takes time and time is what we're taking to deal with these trolls appropriately. Over the past two days we have nearly 90 screenshots of abusive behaviour, victimising and bullying within HxHD. Desk Management can kick, ban, whatever but they will come back. Tonight we had to close the desk after 45 minutes of abusive flooding.

It will be dealt with, and it'll be dealt with effectively, hell I promise you that.

immense
12-11-2010, 12:59 AM
lmao omg no not flooding :O

xxMATTGxx
12-11-2010, 01:02 AM
lmao omg no not flooding :O

Well if it wasn't for certain people on this forum then it wouldn't be happening.

immense
12-11-2010, 01:04 AM
maybe perm them from the forum

that should teach them

yup you heard me sex, sauarv., and pleke u will be PERMED

o w8 lol

maybe if general management actually did stuff then

rnix
12-11-2010, 01:06 AM

that should teach them

o w8 lol

Thing is jake, you get banned for the "lols" then you moan when u are banned? :L

immense
12-11-2010, 01:07 AM
banned from what

if u mean from forum then if i genuinely wanted to be unbanned id make sure i got no infractions and wouldn't say what i think but i'm not going to change who i am to get an old account back

sure if they offered to unban me i wouldnt say no like i wouldnt say no to a mars bar

xxMATTGxx
12-11-2010, 01:07 AM

that should teach them

o w8 lol

So you want us to ban you all? Alright fair enough.

immense
12-11-2010, 01:09 AM
So you want us to ban you all? Alright fair enough.

yup that is defo fair to ban whoever is causing all the trouble

rnix
12-11-2010, 01:17 AM

You spoke too soon.

beth
12-11-2010, 01:19 AM
yup that is defo fair to ban whoever is causing all the trouble

omg trololololol.

Inseriousity.
12-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Do the people on the Apprentice already work at Amstrad? No! It'll be fine 10 weeks is like the entire minimum hiring time anyway.

But they're not on the forum to apply for the HxHD Apprentice! If you opened up applications for the non-GMT users to enter the HxHD Apprentice, there wouldn't be enough applications. I could be wrong but how many 'international' users apply for HxHD? And if it's more than 10, which would be enough for a HxHD Apprentice, then why were they not being hired anyway?

Josh
12-11-2010, 05:40 AM
I like this HxHD apprentice idea. Having the helpdesk STILL CLOSED when majority of Australian users get home from school isn't the way forward btw.

Jordan
12-11-2010, 07:13 AM
then why were they not being hired anyway?

Well, it depends if international users apply, and if they do, are their application good? We won't just accept them because they're international.

Josh
12-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Well, it depends if international users apply, and if they do, are their application good? We won't just accept them because they're international.

To be honest; you should. All these HxHD threads ask and suggest more international staff. What's the worst that's going to happen to giving them a week trial or something if their application showed potential but normally wouldn't be chosen.

Jordan
12-11-2010, 07:29 AM
To be honest; you should. All these HxHD threads ask and suggest more international staff. What's the worst that's going to happen to giving them a week trial or something if their application showed potential but normally wouldn't be chosen.

So your saying, if their application had poor spelling, and only just knew some of the questions we should hire them?

Josh
12-11-2010, 07:33 AM
it depends if international users apply, and if they do, are their application good?

Occasional spelling mistakes are ignored right? Also, I said if it shows potential:

hello i m appling for hxhd tsaff. i am very smart and i

blah blah blah blah blah.

That has no potential.

Jordan
12-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Occasional spelling mistakes are ignored right? Also, I said if it shows potential:

hello i m appling for hxhd tsaff. i am very smart and i

blah blah blah blah blah.

That has no potential.

Yeah we're not that strict, and yes that doesn't have potential. Next time applications open, there should be some better questions, and we will look more carefully with international. Is that fair?

Alex3213
12-11-2010, 07:36 AM
I do agree with Josh. I know Mike and I always look at the comp in detail when people apply for comps and see... "hmm, can this get better? do they have potential?" and there have been people we hire because we think they can do well due to their comp being pretty good. I think an occasional error is plausible and so is not knowing a question sometimes, I don't know everything and that's certainly not gonna change.

P.s. yeah let's have some different range of questions.

Josh
12-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Actually, another suggestion is. For every batch of trialists, you hook one international staff (lol hi alex) up with a trial. Instead of just looking for them, test them, give them a shot.

Alex3213
12-11-2010, 07:40 AM
Actually, another suggestion is. For every batch of trialists, you hook one international staff (lol hi alex) up with a trial. Instead of just looking for them, test them, give them a shot.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and just one? Hmm I know they don't come by saying "abracadabra" but I think there should be at least one from each timezone. Whether that's 7EST and 1 BST and 1 AEST, seems fine to me.

Josh
12-11-2010, 07:43 AM
There would be an allowence for that international staff. Other international staff members could very well be good enough to be put in the normal staff allowence. So let's say HxHD management want 10 (bit extreme) trialists per batch. They could either pick 9 normal staff and then one special spot for an international staff member. This would allow you to always get one.

ALSO PLEASE SOMEONE WITH RIGHTS ENTER HXHD THROUGH STAFF TELE AND LET US IN

thanks

Samantha
12-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Why are you all so hung up on this HxHD apprentice idea? Yeah you're trying to get more international users but no offence I find it a tad racist when GMT users aren't allowed to apply. There wouldn't be an apprentice if GMT users didn't have the chance. Also, I wouldn't want to wait until 'the next season' chances are there won't be one.
What would be a better thing to do is let people apply who aren't staff, because quite frankly most staff should try help improving the helpdesk anyway and just applying to be on a trial for 10 week is just like being on a trial for 2.

Wouldn't more people be interested in just being HxHD staff after 2 weeks? I know if it was possible I would, I wouldn't go through the whole apprentice just to get a job and some small prizes.

If you were Australian friendly then maybe things would be different, have you tried going into Australian rooms? Advertising? Yeah you may get banned, if your scared - use a clone. It's about sacrifice too.

Forgot to quote Chippiewill's reply.

MissAlice
12-11-2010, 12:54 PM
If there genuinely is a need for more international staff, then I would suggest the first thing to be done, is to have an open ended application for any international members wanting to join HxHD and to keep it open until such time as the numbers increase, and the right balance is in place. Also, promote it, a sticky in HxHD showing whats what, also make use of HxL staff to advertise HxHD, and use the site too, if this isn't already being done.

I rarely visit Habbo, but is HxHD also the main entrance to other Habbox rooms, does it lead to a hallway, which has a series of teles in it, that transports you to other important Habbox rooms, ie those used for events etc. ?

If not why not?

Maybe what Habbox needs is a marketing team?

Sarah
12-11-2010, 01:38 PM
If there genuinely is a need for more international staff, then I would suggest the first thing to be done, is to have an open ended application for any international members wanting to join HxHD and to keep it open until such time as the numbers increase, and the right balance is in place. Also, promote it, a sticky in HxHD showing whats what, also make use of HxL staff to advertise HxHD, and use the site too, if this isn't already being done.

I rarely visit Habbo, but is HxHD also the main entrance to other Habbox rooms, does it lead to a hallway, which has a series of teles in it, that transports you to other important Habbox rooms, ie those used for events etc. ?

If not why not?

Maybe what Habbox needs is a marketing team?

It links to roxy's "Habbox Central" which leads to other Habbox rooms, yes. :)

GommeInc
12-11-2010, 04:58 PM
HxHD apprentice? Now I've heard everything :P It won't work, HxHD and Habbo aren't meant to be serious organisations. It's probably why people rebel and troll to begin with.

Jordan
13-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think doing the apprentice idea just yet would be good. Maybe lets leave it for a little while

-:Undertaker:-
13-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Why are you all so hung up on this HxHD apprentice idea? Yeah you're trying to get more international users but no offence I find it a tad racist when GMT users aren't allowed to apply. There wouldn't be an apprentice if GMT users didn't have the chance. Also, I wouldn't want to wait until 'the next season' chances are there won't be one.
What would be a better thing to do is let people apply who aren't staff, because quite frankly most staff should try help improving the helpdesk anyway and just applying to be on a trial for 10 week is just like being on a trial for 2.

Wouldn't more people be interested in just being HxHD staff after 2 weeks? I know if it was possible I would, I wouldn't go through the whole apprentice just to get a job and some small prizes.

If you were Australian friendly then maybe things would be different, have you tried going into Australian rooms? Advertising? Yeah you may get banned, if your scared - use a clone. It's about sacrifice too.

Forgot to quote Chippiewill's reply.

So what race is being left out by not including GMT time users?

Chippiewill
13-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I find it a tad racist when GMT users aren't allowed to apply.

It's not racist if it's against white people silly, everyone knows that :P

HotelUser
13-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I wasn't under the impression that citizens living under the GMT timezone were considered a unique race :P

Samantha
13-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry must have phrased that wrong lol :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!