PDA

View Full Version : The IPad

Jazz
11-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Heyahh Guys!

Im thinking about getting an IPad, but ive heard storys about it.

Is is Good or bad?

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from "Technology Discussion" as I feel it's more suited here.

miles.bullock
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.fonehome.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ipadd-300x300.jpg

e5
11-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Really good. Brother just got one today for his 18th, and his has the 3G so he can be online anywhere, is amazing :)

HotelUser
11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
In my opinion, if you jailbreak it especially, the iPad is very good! I use mine to read books every night, and the browser is lovely. Jailbroken you can download whatever application you want without any limitations, and there's so many fun games for the iPad. iPhone games are most always universal binaries and run on the iPad too, scaled though.

Jazz
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Nice one, ive heard so many bad things about it... thought id bring it up on Habbox,

Thanks x

giltinux
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
well personaly i dont need it its not a computer and not phone |-)

Recursion
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
If you have to ask, don't get one.

Eoin247
11-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Lots of my freinds got it and tbh it isn't much more than an oversized ipod touch. People say don't get it if you have a laptop and an ipod touch.

I say dont get it if you have an ipod touch full stop. It has nothing at all on a laptop, you can get a laptop for the same price and do way more stuff with it.

AgnesIO
11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah it's good.

But is it anything special? I wouldn't say so.

Chippiewill
11-11-2010, 08:50 PM
It's first gen. Apple hardware, nobody should be buying it. Everyone should be waiting for the one with a camera in February.

Special
11-11-2010, 08:53 PM
it's good but a very awkward size imo. it's too bif for a phone & too small for a laptop

AgnesIO
11-11-2010, 08:59 PM
it's good but a very awkward size imo. it's too bif for a phone & too small for a laptop

Hence 'Tablet Computer' -giggles

StefanWolves
12-11-2010, 03:44 PM
im using mine to type this. i sold my laptop and am going back to a desktop pc because i dont use my laptop anymore because of my ipad. my ipad has replaced my laptop. id like to do away with a computer all together but i still need it for certain things (mainly syncing and stuff that the ipad doesnt have, which is what apple need to improve upon imo), but for most i use my ipad and on the odd occasion i will use my desktop. if youre gonna get one, i advise getting the 3g 32gb version, i have the wifi 16gb and it would be even better if i had slightly more space and 3g their if i needed it.

my 2 pennies worth :)

edit; just out of curiosity what bad things have you heard about the ipad? yes it has its limitations, mainly multitasking, but the next os version is going to fix that. the only main complaint i have is the lack of facetime.

btw anyone saying its a stupid size is clearly dillusional, its a perfect size for whats its meant to be. anything bigger and itd be stupid, anything smaller and you may aswell just get an iphone.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!