PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple of things on the Habbox Site

RandomManJay
12-11-2010, 11:37 AM
These aren't particularly anything serious, I've just noticed them while I've been going through the site every now and again and I thought I'd point them out. I've included screenshots to show what I mean.

1) The fonts between the homepage and the Habbo Imager are different in the sidemenu. See the red circles for reference. This might also be the case on other pages, but I haven't checked.
2) Matt's habbo looks slightly skewed whereas Sierk's and Jin's look fine. See the green circle for reference.
3) Jin's bunny ear which is circled in blue hasn't been transparented in the corner. I've filled in the circle to make it more apparent.

So like I said nothing serious, I just thought I'd point them out since they've been there for a while. And if these end up being a problem with my computer and not the site, just forget everything I've said :rolleyes:.

Also if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move :).

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/RasputenTaru/Font0.png
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/RasputenTaru/Font1-1.png

Martin
12-11-2010, 11:45 AM
Hmm, you're right that the menus (and some other text) on the site goes bold after clicking on certain side bar elements. This to me seems like an issue where a bracket or something in the coding hasn't been closed and it's replicated to the rest of the font on the site etc. Not sure though really. Could be a coding issue, but I don't think it's meant to be like that anyway. (I hope not) :P

As for the Images, yeah I did notice Matt's Habbo seemed a little blurred, again not sure why this is, but perhaps a better quality image could be used. I can't notice Jin's bunny ear thing, but I'm sure you're right. I just haven't woke up enough to spot it yet! :P

Overall some nice feedback there and thanks for pointing out those errors. The bolded font one is probably the most notable, and something which I've noticed just recently too. It would be best for the pages to have consistency, and I'm sure this error will be resolved. But yeah, it's not just your computer. Alkaz should be able to give you a better reasoning for why this has happened (I'm not very technical), and will hopefully sort these issues soon. As whilst you say they are little errors, they do contribute to the overall perception new guests get when viewing the site.

Alkaz
12-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the feedback Jay. I'll sort the two images out in a jiffy. As soon as you said about the little triangle of transparency on Jins character I saw it straight away lol. And the same with Matts character, it's just something we're so used to seeing it doesn't really register that there is anything wrong with it.

Also I don't really know why the text is going bold like that. I don't have that problem on Chrome or IE but I do have it on FireFox. Is that the browser you two are using?

Martin is right, all of this feedback is valid. There will always be things which we don't really notice but you and others do so we would rather you speak up and mention them to us, rather than letting it go unnoticed.

RandomManJay
12-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I'm using Firefox and I've just tried IE as well and there isn't a difference. So it must be Firefox based :S.

Alkaz
12-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Mm ok. I'll look into it :) Thanks Jay.

RandomManJay
12-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Np ;). Glad to help.

Mm ok. I'll look into it :) Thanks Jay.

giltinux
12-11-2010, 01:23 PM
wow i just see that u can dont see the bunny ear but matt pic is **** :O

Calvin
12-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I probably forgot to close the </b> tag haha. I'll take a look, thanks! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!