PDA

View Full Version : N-Control Avenger.

Describe
12-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I was looking up Black Ops when I came across a news article for this piece of hardware that was "aimed at the Call of Duty community".

Sure, Microsoft’s Kinect motion sensor system might be getting a bunch of media attention this holiday season, but many hardcore gamers aren’t looking to get out of their chairs (or off their couches) at all: instead, they want a tool that’s going ot help them dominate multiplayer games. Enter the N-Control Avenger, an add-on to a standard Xbox 360 controller that adds hair triggers, analog sticks, and the ability to simultaneously access nine functions—all by lashing tightly onto a standard Xbox 360 controller.

It looks pathetic but brilliant at the same time.

“It enhances the gamer’s manual dexterity and situational awareness by improving accuracy and reaction time,” said the Avenger’s lead designer David Kotkin, in a statement. “This sophisticated accessory is specially engineered for those who want to push their gaming abilities to new heights.”

Although designed for use with combat games likeHalo: Reach and the just-releasedCall of Duty: Black Ops, the N-Control Avenger can also be used with games likeMadden NFL 11,Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, and other action-oriented titles. The Avenger straps on to a standard Xbox controller, adding adjustable triggers, enabling “rapid, fluid” movements between buttons and analog stick: users can adjust the sensitivity of triggers “like a musical instrument” to match their playing styles, and is equipped with a stabilizer tripod for even more control.
Anything that truly enhances accuracy and reaction time will be snapped up by FPS gamers for sure. Picture in the spoiler.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/ncontrol-avenger.jpg
What do you think?

Hiro
14-11-2010, 10:38 PM
It looks weird and I can't get my head around it.

Camy
22-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Looks horrible, and seems like a complete waste of money lol, doubt it has much of an effect at all.

redtom
23-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Looks horrible, and seems like a complete waste of money lol, doubt it has much of an effect at all.

Its basicly a bunch of strings, it just makes it so you only have to tap the trigger slightly and it will shot instead of pressing it all the way down, so it should increase your "reactions" alot.
As for the buttons I think thats kinda pointless, just moves them closer to your trigger figures, meaning you'll effectively have to learn how to use a controller again, and would probably make it hard for you to go back to use a normal controller.

There is a video here and it shows you at some point how it works -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Mw5mAqUKQ
The people in the video are probs payed off.

Camy
24-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Its basicly a bunch of strings, it just makes it so you only have to tap the trigger slightly and it will shot instead of pressing it all the way down, so it should increase your "reactions" alot.
As for the buttons I think thats kinda pointless, just moves them closer to your trigger figures, meaning you'll effectively have to learn how to use a controller again, and would probably make it hard for you to go back to use a normal controller.

There is a video here and it shows you at some point how it works -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Mw5mAqUKQ
The people in the video are probs payed off.
After watching that, i think the bits of elastic for the triggers are an interesting idea, but for the other buttons, yeah its a bit pointless, would take ages to get used to it. Also, that video is just so faked lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!