PDA

View Full Version : HxHD Events: We want your opinion!

Jordan
13-11-2010, 11:56 AM
We are trying to get a bit of variety in terms of events for the Helpdesk. We've been thinking of doing some mazes and some small quests during the week. Maybe even that popular game Telephrase? Post your thoughts below with any other suggestions you may want to add.

we are only discussing events, nothing else like activity

Shar
13-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Nice to see a feedback thread on this :)

I like the telephrase idea, and I also think there should be a quest, however it should involve safety questions in it (etc) as it is a help desk, thus it should be helping people with not just habbo(x) matters. I think I elaborated in another feedback thread, will try and find it.
Just to add, if its well planned and well advertised, both on the forum, hxl and habbo e.g notices, make a event (name) in hxhd (only Matt can do that) it should go well.
Thanks for letting us give our input :)

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I do like the ideas you've come up with. You are trying but I think it still needs a little work. For instance, originally you guys were thinking of having the Quiz changed to something else. I don't really like this idea as I personally look forward to the quiz. I do think it's questions could change though. For example, each week you could have a different topic. Week 1: Safety Week 2: Current Affairs etc etc. Keeping this quiz will always give the already established members of the community something to go to.

As for events during the week. I like this idea. Having different events at different times will help bring in new members instead of the normal Quiz which brings in people already familiar with Habbox. The evnts don't even have to be that frequent. One or two a week (excluding the Quiz) would be plenty and if you wanted to expand on that, it'd be possible. I'm sure if you asked your staff, they'd be happy to help.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Nice to see a feedback thread on this :)

I like the telephrase idea, and I also think there should be a quest, however it should involve safety questions in it (etc) as it is a help desk, thus it should be helping people with not just habbo(x) matters. I think I elaborated in another feedback thread, will try and find it. :)

don't think you need to elaborate tbh, it's a help desk and people should know safety from top to bottom really.

Nice to see this Jord and I'm looking forward to joining i- oh wait.. :(

@Josh: There have been threads in the HxHD section asking you to do events, however doing something like battle banzai or whatever isn't really what I'd like to do. It does have to relate to HxHD otherwise what's the point, we're not the events dept.

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't agree with Battle Banzai either. (I did hear someone talking about HxHD doing one.) The telephrase game will bring in users (just because it's wired) and can also have questions just about anything. I'm not sure on the concept, but there are plenty of possibilities.

Jordan
13-11-2010, 12:06 PM
This was something that was planned to be a substitute for the SNQ. This isn't happening tonight due to lack of planning.

One HxHD Staff will announce the first question, the participants will then have to search either Jordos50 or HotelUser and do a GTP. Once in the room, they read the sticker for the next question, and so on.

This would of been a very quick game. Lasting at the most 10 minutes. I was thinking if this idea was to go into force then we should add mazes within the rooms to make it more practical and last longer.

About the safety idea. Safety can be put into any kinda of habbo game.

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:07 PM
More than one quiz per week
A weekly get to know the staff session
A quest that is really difficult
Same as above but with a maze - maybe with wired furni COUGH JORD.
A christmas to remember - just basic things that make the whole community feel like it's Christmas.
Some quizzes/mazes/quests that are client based that do not require to use forum prizes. It's Christmas afterall.

Jordan
13-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Wouldn't that get slightly boring?
This may be something we could look into. Not a must do yet.
Is that something that could be coming in the future?
A christmas to remember - just basic things that make the whole community feel like it's Christmas.
Ah well, Someone has come up with a fantastic idea that, I, really want to put into action. You'll have to wait and see though if this will happen!

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't that get slightly boring? Yes.
This may be something we could look into. Not a must do yet. Not weekly. People want to win prizes. Weekly events should be to attract new users. Anyway, most people who want to know the staff will already because the HxHD is the main social place for Habbox.
Is that something that could be coming in the future? It better be good. :)
Ah well, Someone has come up with a fantastic idea that, I, really want to put into action. You'll have to wait and see though if this will happen!

Opinions in the quote.

Mathew
13-11-2010, 12:15 PM
It needs to be fully safety orientated, make HxHD the next HabTech! There's no point just doing random BB games or you're copying events :@:@!!

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't mean quizzes would have to be about the same thing.
One Habbox one GK?

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Wouldn't that get slightly boring? Remove slightly and I agree.
This may be something we could look into. Not a must do yet. Do we need a weekly one? I personally think we don't even need one due to what Josh said.
Is that something that could be coming in the future? Long-term planning me thinks, also it can't be too hard otherwise you'll just be saying that Habbox is "challenging" and no one will come in as it'll be a not worth doing.
Ah well, Someone has come up with a fantastic idea that, I, really want to put into action. You'll have to wait and see though if this will happen! I agree with this so much

Opinions in the quote.

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:22 PM
I didn't mean quizzes would have to be about the same thing.
One Habbox one GK?

Oh. I said that in my first reply didn't it?

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh. I said that in my first reply didn't it?

Yeah but in hindsight they're still quizzes. Sure we can use questions but the ideas that have been suggested seem far more exciting and varied, one might be in HxHD and stuff like that. One might be using Habbo and the forum just for a bit of fun, vary it. Thus we're still using questions

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Well not weekly then - this could be incorporated in the feedback I submitted about getting to know the staff.
If you did Josh, I didn't see it sorry, so yeah.

Well since I've been at Habbox, I've seen quests that are far too easy.
There was only one that I found difficult and that was by the competitions staff.
Yeah it may take a lot of planning, and a big prize could come out of it at the end, make people actually want to stay.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Well not weekly then - this could be incorporated in the feedback I submitted about getting to know the staff.
And, I would prefer quizzes to mazes and things :/

I just don't understand the need for it on habbo. Personally I like the question and answer thing but yknow that's not what this thread's for.

So would I though and it's how everyone pictures a "quiz" to be.

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I just don't understand the need for it on habbo. Personally I like the question and answer thing but yknow that's not what this thread's for.

So would I though and it's how everyone pictures a "quiz" to be.

it's for the variety in events.
I was saying my views. It's been said before that one quiz is not enough.
I also said some events and I wasn't just quiz oriented.

overall, taking into consideration every idea the hxhd has had. it's not original enough! we need to be unique.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:31 PM
it's for the variety in events.
I was saying my views. It's been said before that one quiz is not enough.
I also said some events and I wasn't just quiz oriented.

overall, taking into consideration every idea the hxhd has had. it's not original enough! we need to be unique.

Yes but you're just saying I'd prefer to be quizzes like mazes and stuff. You're not making any sense as you're going off on two different arguments, it's confusing and it's silly.

We do need to be unique but the ideas need to be well incoporated and worth doing too.

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Samanfa, I'd love to reply to your feedback but I don't understand. Could you clarify your statements? cheers

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Yes but you're just saying I'd prefer to be quizzes like mazes and stuff. You're not making any sense as you're going off on two different arguments, it's confusing and it's silly.

We do need to be unique but the ideas need to be well incoporated and worth doing too.

Excuse me. How is feedback silly. I find that quite rude tbh.
I gave my views, a variety of events - quizzes with different types of questions - mazes - quests.
Just anything to keeo the hxhd going.

ANd Josh:

In feedback before it was said 1 quiz was not enough, by myself and also you.
Now a quiz is not varied enough but it can be varied. It can have a lot of different questions about various subjects, and you may as well try it out before striking it out completely.
In the feedback I inputted I didn't just talk about quizzes, I spoke about the mazes and quests ideas and also said that we could get to know the staff more - the reason for doing this was because in some HxHD feedback threads apparently some staff are afraid to talk to the people in the desk in case they get fired or punished. So therefore, maybe a week was too much, maybe you could make it a monthly thing so there will probably be new staff etc.

I'm not trying to cause arguements, I'm trying to submit some ideas for feedback.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Excuse me. How is feedback silly. I find that quite rude tbh.
I gave my views, a variety of events - quizzes with different types of questions - mazes - quests.
Just anything to keeo the hxhd going.

No I'm sayin gthat you're suggesting both sides of the argument- doing that making it worthless and you need to stick to one otherwise you've got a contridiction. So you shouldn't find that rude.

Samantha
13-11-2010, 12:37 PM
No I'm sayin gthat you're suggesting both sides of the argument- doing that making it worthless and you need to stick to one otherwise you've got a contridiction. So you shouldn't find that rude.
Well sorry if I don't understand you?

I said that I do prefer quizzes to quests and mazes.
I also said that a quiz could be varied.
But I also said that my feedback wasn't all about quizzes. If you refer back to my original post you can see I did post some other ideas.

Josh
13-11-2010, 12:38 PM

I have to agree with Alex here. I don't know your view points. I did ask nicely and Alex's way of asking wasn't rude either. We just don't know where you stand which, in turn makes it very difficult to construct a post regarding what you've been saying.

Thankyou. :) Will edit this/ post again with things I need to say.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Well sorry if I don't understand you?

I said that I do prefer quizzes to quests and mazes.
I also said that a quiz could be varied.
But I also said that my feedback wasn't all about quizzes. If you refer back to my original post you can see I did post some other ideas.

You did indeed but you're suggesting that they need to be related to HxHD, I certainly agree. You gotta have some sort of Habbox/Habbo/Safety to cover the thing but other than different types of quizzes and a quest now and again you can't do that much! I don't need to refer back to your orig. post because I've replied to it and quizzes could be varied but at the same time, it could get worse than before. Sure you could have a current affairs quiz, you may get people like Undertaker coming but losing out on a lot of new members because, in all due respect, a lot of the target audience are younger children and thus you're losing out on people who could register to Habbox. the same thing applies on the other side if it's all easy questions, though. Hopefully I made sense but if not my excuse is that I'm trying to do something at the same time! :)

Inseriousity.
13-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Well since I've been at Habbox, I've seen quests that are far too easy.
There was only one that I found difficult and that was by the competitions staff.
Yeah it may take a lot of planning, and a big prize could come out of it at the end, make people actually want to stay.

Sorry to hijack the thread but can I just ask which one for future reference? Quests shouldn't be too difficult because you need to appeal to as many people as possible and people just get fed up. An example being the last HxHD quest they did cos the maze was too hard :(

As for people saying events need to be safety-related, I don't think they need to ALL be safety-related. It's not 'taking over' events, it's helping them out and providing events that'll both advertise Habbox and HxHD at the same time so I think it's about working together.

Anyway, I was talking to saurav yesterday and he said hxhd should have the big room again (I never got any lag tbh) and then split the room up into two and then events could be done in the other half. A bit like the sleepover but extending it out to normal, small events like ff etc. I thought it was a good idea and would really benefit hxhd and also remove some of the formality out of the desk, getting staff to interact with users.

HotelUser
13-11-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm adamant in my opinion that whatever we do it has to be immensely Habbo oriented at non Habbox users - as to attract them towards Habbox. A huge quest where our staff create the rooms would be great. It's not so much what we do that concerns me, it's targeting it towards these new users we want to pull in which has me thinking.

Josh
13-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but can I just ask which one for future reference? Quests shouldn't be too difficult because you need to appeal to as many people as possible and people just get fed up. An example being the last HxHD quest they did cos the maze was too hard :(

As for people saying events need to be safety-related, I don't think they need to ALL be safety-related. It's not 'taking over' events, it's helping them out and providing events that'll both advertise Habbox and HxHD at the same time so I think it's about working together.

Anyway, I was talking to saurav yesterday and he said hxhd should have the big room again (I never got any lag tbh) and then split the room up into two and then events could be done in the other half. A bit like the sleepover but extending it out to normal, small events like ff etc. I thought it was a good idea and would really benefit hxhd and also remove some of the formality out of the desk, getting staff to interact with users.

I agree with basically all of that. A quest that is too difficult will have the opposite effect (of getting new users).

@Bigger Room

I LIKE THIS IDEA. However, it'd be a bit of work for MattG. Would the room be set up for an event all the time? The lotto could be set up in there too! :)

Sarah
13-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm not too sure about the big room, a lot of people complained about it when we did have it - with it causing a lot of lag wouldn't it be harder to help people. If they come in wanting help and everyone is too focused on the event going on in the corner they may be "neglected".

Inseriousity.
13-11-2010, 03:24 PM
No-one ever really got the chance to say they supported it before it was changed back into a small room. And no because not everyone should be focused on the event, it's all about working together and co-operating. Some HxHD staff doing the secondary job and promoting the event, some HxHD staff doing the primary job and helping people.

Josh
13-11-2010, 03:27 PM
With the small room currently, the people wanting help are often missed because the bulk of text is near where they are asking questions. With the event in another part of the room (with it being larger), users could be helped.

I say this, but I don't disapprove (doesnt sound right) of the quiz being held at all.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!