PDA

View Full Version : It Gets Better

-paul.
13-11-2010, 03:08 PM
In light of the It gets better campaign i think habbox should do something along the same lines :)

wixard
13-11-2010, 03:09 PM
can you explain what the it gets better campaign is please

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Tara has explained it all, it's nice that you've got an idea but:

a) I have no idea what it is
b) You've not explained how to make it worthwhile for Habbox

You gotta explain your ideas to get something out of them! :)

Sarah
13-11-2010, 03:12 PM
http://www.itgetsbetterproject.com/

Many LGBT youth can't picture what their lives might be like as openly gay adults. They can't imagine a future for themselves. So let's show them what our lives are like, let's show them what the future may hold in store for them.

Justin Aeberg. Billy Lucas. Cody Barker. Asher Brown. Seth Walsh. Raymond Chase. Tyler Clementi. All the names of American teenagers who in recent months have taken their own lives after being bullied in school.

For too long, LGBT youth have been forced to struggle through their formative years suffering from bullies in their schools, churches and homes — and with no support system to provide them any help.

Noted writer and media pundit Dan Savage founded the It Gets Better Project in September 2010 as a unique way for supporters everywhere to tell LGBT Youth that — it gets better.

Closed-minded school administrators and parents may not let LGBT adults talk directly to their children about their futures, but we don’t have to get permission to tell kids that life gets better. That’s why we’re compiling a video archive to share the stories of people overcoming bullying and finding happiness.

ItGetsBetterProject.com is a place where young people who are gay, lesbian, bi, or trans can see with their own eyes how love and happiness can be a reality in their future. It’s a place where LGBT adults can share the stories of their lives, and straight allies can add their names in solidarity and help spread our message of hope.

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.itgetsbetterproject.com/

Lovely, so how could we implement it on Habbox? That is certainly my major concern as although it's a nice idea it's promoting those sexualities (which of course I have no problem with) and is actually sending a small indirect message that heterosexual members are not welcome.

Josh
13-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Why do it if Habbo is doing it? I just don't understand how this will benefit Habbox.

Sarah
13-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I wasn't saying we should take part in it, I don't know how we could if we did. I was simply explaining what it was :)

Alex3213
13-11-2010, 03:20 PM
I wasn't saying we should take part in it, I don't know how we could if we did. I was simply explaining what it was :)

I know, I know- it was more of a question for the Thread Creator.

HotelUser
13-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Microsoft has a page like this (http://www.microsoft.com/about/diversity/en/us/programs/ergen/gleam.aspx).

I think a few staff members could be given permission to make a LGBT page on the site and some signatures could be made.

Calvin
13-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Habbo are running it, so users can take part in it on Habbo and it will actually be a waste of time if I'm honest.

Hey, Habbox could even look for projects like this and team up ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!