PDA

View Full Version : So I caved in...

Hiro
13-11-2010, 11:56 PM
bought the game for £40.

Got home, looked at it, facepalmed and took it back. That was a fun 2 hours.

dbgtz
14-11-2010, 12:08 AM
why did you dislike it so much? :P

crazed
14-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Probably the best 2 hours you will spend on that game... and you didn't even load it up.

SAYS A LOT.

Hiro
14-11-2010, 12:09 AM
why did you dislike it so much? :P

I think it was the cover, it put me off. :P

No, but srsly. I've heard and seen loads of bad things about it. Plus, Treyarch suck, they did a bad job of WaW. I think I was so bored I just went and bought it, and then realised what I did.

crazed
14-11-2010, 12:15 AM
By the look of your gamercard your recently played games are good enough to get you through the rest of the year.. maybe pick up something new.

BO isn't too bad, no way worth £40 though...

Hiro
14-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I just needed something to occupy me multiplayer-wise until Cataclysm for WoW >_< Borderlands could probably do it.

crazed
14-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Great game imo, do you have the GOTY?

I might get it as it's only like £20/5

Oleh
14-11-2010, 12:25 AM
So you didn't even play it?...

If you didn't then you are wasting your own time buying, returning it and posting about it on here if you haven't even attempted to enjoy it.

Hiro
14-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Great game imo, do you have the GOTY?

I might get it as it's only like £20/5

Yeah, GOTY for £22 or something :3

So you didn't even play it?...

If you didn't then you are wasting your own time buying, returning it and posting about it on here if you haven't even attempted to enjoy it.

Doesn't really bother me, it was a nice walk. But with all the problems it has, I don't think I'd enjoy it, I'd rather use my £40 to buy back MW2 (which I probably won't do).

crazed
14-11-2010, 12:43 AM
£22 that's good.. I may have to get it!

Neil
14-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Aha it's got a combination of good and bad things, the campaign is just terrible, I think the multiplayer is one of the best so far though, it offers a good mix of modes unlike previous games and the zombies is a massive improvement, although it probably isn't worth £40, I'm fine as I only paid £25 for mine.

Borderlands wont hold your attention that long though, I found I'm pretty much sick of it now, I have nothing left to do on it.

Hiro
14-11-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm looking at my steam games to see what I can get back into, Garry's Mod might be able to hold me if I can find any decent gametypes. Or GTA4 PC and just **** about with a trainer.

Chris
14-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Your missing out! It's a great game but there is just a few problems in multiplayer that are being fixed now.

Ardemax
15-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Deffo should've hold onto it for at least a week then made a decision

You might regret it later onwards...

Hiro
15-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Deffo should've hold onto it for at least a week then made a decision

You might regret it later onwards...

If anything I'll end up getting it cheaper, it's a win-win at the moment.

DPS
15-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Tbh i think you was wrong to take it back so soon, yeah people seem to be moaning about it, but its a test of skill MW2 was to bloody easy they have just made it slightly harder on BO. Just takes time to get used to the game and then if your like me, well im unstopable now lol

HQ is the best for points, 15k im getting each game.

Ardemax
15-11-2010, 04:48 PM
At the rate im going its looking like a prestige every week - should be interesting

Hiro
15-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Tbh i think you was wrong to take it back so soon, yeah people seem to be moaning about it, but its a test of skill MW2 was to bloody easy they have just made it slightly harder on BO. Just takes time to get used to the game and then if your like me, well im unstopable now lol

HQ is the best for points, 15k im getting each game.

Until it improves, since the lag is stupid on it, it can stay in the store. I went to a friends earlier to see how "good" it was. Crappy team balancing and laggy hitboxes = fun

Nemo
15-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Until it improves, since the lag is stupid on it, it can stay in the store. I went to a friends earlier to see how "good" it was. Crappy team balancing and laggy hitboxes = fun
Think its his internet then, ive had no troubles with either and generally my games are pretty close.

crazed
15-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Think its his internet then, ive had no troubles with either and generally my games are pretty close.

I have a few games with rubbish hosts and some objective games were I'm the only one on my team capping the stuff :(

Nemo
15-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I have a few games with rubbish hosts and some objective games were I'm the only one on my team capping the stuff :(
well ive only had like 2 rubbish hosts (and by that i mean they left, bloody ***** D: ), but i usually play team DM so all those have been close

crazed
15-11-2010, 07:16 PM
well ive only had like 2 rubbish hosts (and by that i mean they left, bloody ***** D: ), but i usually play team DM so all those have been close

Yeah to be fair TDM is close.. I don't think I've ever had a huge score difference on TDM.

Ardemax
15-11-2010, 09:52 PM
It's annoying, instead of preventing camping, all people seem to do is camp

mostly in wager matches too, which is annoying

Nemo
15-11-2010, 09:55 PM

????? havent seen this at all actually lol. Except maybe in gun game but thats it, all the other ones you're pretty ****** since you end up getting a spyplane

Hiro
15-11-2010, 10:45 PM

That's another thing too, the maps are either so huge you get camping snipers or so compact there's a person prone in every corner.
I want to become a game developer and put in anti-camp measures, somehow ;P

Firehorse
15-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Thing is with getting bad hosts is by default it's set to look for a host worldwide. Set it to local search imo so you don't end up with a connection to an american accross the atlantic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!