PDA

View Full Version : Robbie & Rave Game Show - Win A Room

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Today at 2pm Myself & DJ Rave hosted our very first version of "The Game Show" and we decided to do a Win A Room competition.

How Win A Room works:

Myself and DJ Rave put down some furni into our room. This was the base rate and was going to be win whatever. But how to enter was you had to donate 1 piece of furni for "a ticket". A ticket was basically where I wrote down the name of the donator, and how much they had donated. Then once all donations had been collected, I added up the total amount of "tickets" given out, then used a random number generator to choose a ticket number. The more you donated - the more tickets you got, as it was 1 ticket per furni/credit.

The winner was Emzzoz! who had 84 tickets. She won the rooms in this (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=674624&p=6837695#post6837695) thread:

We had a very high amount of donations, and originally only expected 1 room, not even full to be given out, but we actually filled 2 rooms of furni!

The feedback we're asking for is:
Did you enjoy the show?
Should we do a Win A Room every week, or different games (eg; deal or no deal)?
Anything we can improve?

Thanks!

iRaaave.
14-11-2010, 04:43 PM
The show was amazing and a great success!

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 04:45 PM
For those who voted no: We need feedback on what to improve ;D!

Josh
14-11-2010, 04:46 PM
This was a fairly big comp by the sounds of it. Should have been through the forum and been official comp so more people could have been involved.

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 04:47 PM
This was a fairly big comp by the sounds of it. Should have been through the forum and been official comp so more people could have been involved.

Mm very true. We're thinking of doing it weekly, so if that happens, we will post on the forum. Good suggestion, +rep.

sammy
14-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Wow, judging from the rooms it looks like it was a massive success! It would've been a good idea to have posted it on the forum and i'm sure if you spoke to Gemma she would've put it on the site or Habbox Today or something but if it's turning into a permanent thing (like a perm show) then usually it's posted anyway, I wasn't tuned in myself so can't comment on the show itself but the comp sounds pretty amazing wooooooo! Well done :)!

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow, judging from the rooms it looks like it was a massive success! It would've been a good idea to have posted it on the forum and i'm sure if you spoke to Gemma she would've put it on the site or Habbox Today or something but if it's turning into a permanent thing (like a perm show) then usually it's posted anyway, I wasn't tuned in myself so can't comment on the show itself but the comp sounds pretty amazing wooooooo! Well done :)!

Thanks! Yeah we're considering changing the Game Show into the Win A Room Show :)

Emilyyy
14-11-2010, 05:12 PM
&&& It was a HUGE success, really really good and definatley the best habbox show I've tuned into, in the past 4 years of listening :) xxx

AgnesIO
14-11-2010, 06:53 PM
It sounds like a brilliant show, although unfortunately I was not tuned in.

A DJ did this a couple of years ago when credits could be send in presents, then 1 ticket was 1c. It is a brilliant idea - and if this was held as a big competition on the forum as well, it would be even better.

It sounds like it went well - well done!

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 06:54 PM
It sounds like a brilliant show, although unfortunately I was not tuned in.

A DJ did this a couple of years ago when credits could be send in presents, then 1 ticket was 1c. It is a brilliant idea - and if this was held as a big competition on the forum as well, it would be even better.

It sounds like it went well - well done!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by a big competition on the forum as well?

Edit: We've PM'd Gem to ask if we can do this weekly :D!

AgnesIO
14-11-2010, 06:59 PM
A big well done to you Emily.

I remember a DJ doing this a few years ago, when credits could be send in presents. So people could send 1c coins and the same rules applied. Whoever sent the most presents with their habbo names on won. That was brilliant.

Although I could not tune in to the show, it sounds like it was a big success so a massive well done on that!

EDIT: Didn't realise it posted the first post as my internet connection went!

---------- Post added 14-11-2010 at 07:01 PM ----------

Personally, I would advise you not to do it weekly, as it is such a big competition. You want to keep people interested - perhaps once a month/once every quarter??

That way people will be more interested, and the prize is likely to be bigger.

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 07:02 PM
A big well done to you Emily.

I remember a DJ doing this a few years ago, when credits could be send in presents. So people could send 1c coins and the same rules applied. Whoever sent the most presents with their habbo names on won. That was brilliant.

Although I could not tune in to the show, it sounds like it was a big success so a massive well done on that!

EDIT: Didn't realise it posted the first post as my internet connection went!

---------- Post added 14-11-2010 at 07:01 PM ----------

Personally, I would advise you not to do it weekly, as it is such a big competition. You want to keep people interested - perhaps once a month/once every quarter??

That way people will be more interested, and the prize is likely to be bigger.

Hmm true. We will take that into consideration.

Jordan
14-11-2010, 07:03 PM
I was tuned into this show, and it was very effective! I didn't expect you to get into a second room either, but people were keen. I heard your doing it again next week? Good- it was great event to hold.

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I was tuned into this show, and it was very effective! I didn't expect you to get into a second room either, but people were keen. I heard your doing it again next week? Good- it was great event to hold.

Thanks Jord! We were genuinely surprised that we had to make a 2nd room, and even that was nearly full! We will take all comments into consideration when deciding on doing it next week :D!

iRaaave.
15-11-2010, 01:26 PM
any more suggestions guys? :D

giltinux
15-11-2010, 01:30 PM
voted for Wasn't tuned in :D

Conservative,
15-11-2010, 01:36 PM
voted for Wasn't tuned in :D

Tune in next week kthx ;D

sophiethenerd
18-11-2010, 04:24 PM
I really enjoyed it! It means you only lose a bit of furni but the winner gets lots of furni.It was fun!

Conservative,
18-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks Sophie...

We're hoping to push the slot back by 1 hour this weekend due to other commitments, so if we're succesful it wil be 4pm, and hopefully we're getting an official extension to the show so we have 2 hours.

Richie
18-11-2010, 06:54 PM
how do we know it wasn't rigged? take your word for it? lol

kwl story bro

Conservative,
18-11-2010, 07:06 PM
how do we know it wasn't rigged? take your word for it? lol

kwl story bro

Why would I rig it? Emily has her furni if you really want to then her habbo is Emzzoz! ask her :P But yeah why would I rig it? I don't care for pixelated furni.

iRaaave.
21-11-2010, 02:38 PM
tune in! :) :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!