PDA

View Full Version : Time to face the truth

Conservative,
14-11-2010, 11:09 PM
This is mainly concerning Hxl and rare values.

Right, so over the last 6 months/year listeners have declined, some put this down to a slump in fansite activity but I think it's time to face the truth and realise what it really is.

1 year ago every trader with common sense swore by habbox rare values and would be on it whenever they were trading.
Now - due to the marketplace - the use of habbox rare values has decreased and the listeners too.

I am not by any means saying the rare values department is failing. It was infact - until the Market place - the driving force of habbox. But now there is the Market place, and people rarely use sites for values, it is time to find a new driving force.

I personally believe habbo/sulake single handedly killed the point of rare values with the Market place, but that's not the point. The point is that rare values are now, effectively, redundant.

My suggestion is to keep the rare values as thru do come in handy at times, but we need to find another unique point to draw in the crowds.

I don't have any ideas but I'm sure someone does, usersystems are not unique anymore but could be a potential stem for something unique. I don't know.

But to get to the point, Hxl's listeners have fallen due to the lack of use of the rare values. We now need a new feature that can replace values and bring back people who want Yo use that feature thus boosting thine listeners and general site activity.

Ideas are welcome :)

AgnesIO
14-11-2010, 11:21 PM
This is mainly concerning Hxl and rare values.

Right, so over the last 6 months/year listeners have declined, some put this down to a slump in fansite activity but I think it's time to face the truth and realise what it really is.

1 year ago every trader with common sense swore by habbox rare values and would be on it whenever they were trading.
Now - due to the marketplace - the use of habbox rare values has decreased and the listeners too.

I am not by any means saying the rare values department is failing. It was infact - until the Market place - the driving force of habbox. But now there is the Market place, and people rarely use sites for values, it is time to find a new driving force.

I personally believe habbo/sulake single handedly killed the point of rare values with the Market place, but that's not the point. The point is that rare values are now, effectively, redundant.

My suggestion is to keep the rare values as thru do come in handy at times, but we need to find another unique point to draw in the crowds.

I don't have any ideas but I'm sure someone does, usersystems are not unique anymore but could be a potential stem for something unique. I don't know.

But to get to the point, Hxl's listeners have fallen due to the lack of use of the rare values. We now need a new feature that can replace values and bring back people who want Yo use that feature thus boosting thine listeners and general site activity.

Ideas are welcome :)

I recently posted an idea about the RV team writing articles on rare values - like falls and rises - newbs love that sort of thing.

Sadly Habbo aimed to make Habbox redundant imo - I don't think they were exactly keen on the idea of an unofficial website running the RV market lol

Casanova
14-11-2010, 11:25 PM
i think as a radio DJ it's really lazy of you to suggest we help you get listeners. That is infact the events and radio departments job?

I agree RVR is completely redundant, I believe they'll be disbanded before the year is out. Personally, I think it should be swapped for a rare 'guide' instead that provides a system of the lowest and highest value of each item. I do believe that would be used more than what the rare values is.

The current driving force for habbox is of course the forum. It will stay the same if the same management stays in place, they're aware of this and if they stay smart they'll put much more concentration on the forum. The only thing I can suggest is the competitions department having possibly a dedicated team for the forum and for the radio, combining some competitions for both the radio and forum that way get more users for the forum/getting people to post more often and of course getting more listeners.

AgnesIO
14-11-2010, 11:27 PM
i think as a radio DJ it's really lazy of you to suggest we help you get listeners. That is infact the events and radio departments job?

I agree RVR is completely redundant, I believe they'll be disbanded before the year is out. Personally, I think it should be swapped for a rare 'guide' instead that provides a system of the lowest and highest value of each item. I do believe that would be used more than what the rare values is.

The current driving force for habbox is of course the forum. It will stay the same if the same management stays in place, they're aware of this and if they stay smart they'll put much more concentration on the forum. The only thing I can suggest is the competitions department having possibly a dedicated team for the forum and for the radio, combining some competitions for both the radio and forum that way get more users for the forum/getting people to post more often and of course getting more listeners.

I highly doubt they will get rid of rare value reporters in the next 45 days.

Nobody wants to change the name of a department rank due to history, never mind removing it!

-Danube-
14-11-2010, 11:30 PM
RV is not going to be disbanded by the end of the year, RV is going to be changed radically by the end of the year, it's going to become more of a resource then it is now :) Work had already starting on this and i have been planning this from may of this year.

But yes, RV will never gain the traffic if did a few years ago, it's a said truth. HxL and HxF are becoming the main driving force.

Tbh i hate it when people put like 'Time to face the truth' etc and then talk about Rare Values, i'm sorry but we already faced up to this way back in may when i came into management and ever since we have been planning a new era for Rare Values. It's not like we are ignoring it.

Also RV would never 'disband' it's part of Habbox history and as long as we have an active team of staff willing to do it, then why would it ever be axed? It would just be pointless, some users still use it but for a different reason now (more as a point of reference and this is how we will be changing our scope on things)

So keep for eyes peeled for Rare Values in Habbox V6 this christmas :) I hope you'll be happy with the changes.

~Dan

Also in addition to what Milestone said, i would really like to do some kind of article or new flash update following certain rares each week. I could do a real good one predicting what the value of the Throne is going to do in the short term, i'm really good at that now :)

Conservative,
15-11-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm glad t o know Rvs are staying and I'd love to see the new changes coming. Until then I guess the forum and radio are the driving forces, but I think there needs a little oomph - a new feature that Adds the unique dimension that rare values was for all those years.

Grig
15-11-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm facing the truth m8!!!!

No, but it's silly for you to say that "OH LETS GET RV UP SO I CAN GET ALL THE LISTENERS BACKKKK". If you want your listeners back, work for them yourself by doing good planned shows, lots of large competitions and interactions with listeners- HxL has so much potential without the rare vlaues, which always pisses me off- cause you won't get dedicated listeners that way.

Rare values I'm sure is going to be doing some more unique stuff. I still use them and they still do have a market due to marketplace values being somewhat disorientated, especially for supers. I know Dan will make them more unique with things his said both above and in the past.

gangstaagent1
15-11-2010, 03:33 AM
I'm facing the truth m8!!!!

No, but it's silly for you to say that "OH LETS GET RV UP SO I CAN GET ALL THE LISTENERS BACKKKK". If you want your listeners back, work for them yourself by doing good planned shows, lots of large competitions and interactions with listeners- HxL has so much potential without the rare vlaues, which always pisses me off- cause you won't get dedicated listeners that way.

Rare values I'm sure is going to be doing some more unique stuff. I still use them and they still do have a market due to marketplace values being somewhat disorientated, especially for supers. I know Dan will make them more unique with things his said both above and in the past.

Agreed with Grig to be honest. If we want our listeners to rise, we need to work within our department to try and gain listeners instead of searching in others to try to up our listeners for us. Good planned shows as also mentioned will show listeners professionalism and they will want to stick around because they are having a good time.

The market place did come in however is not always accurate because of people putting in furniture at such high prices. Thats where Habbox Rare Values come in. Lets say maybe 98% of the time, habbox rare values are right on the price and they do update loads thanks to the rare values team. I do believe quite a few people do use habbox rare values however the market place has taken away a lot of users.

nvrspk4
15-11-2010, 05:35 AM
Rare Values can be revamped, and the guides can also be played up. The forum will need to become more of the strategy, but not too much. Many users have made the point that the forum receives too much focus - that is only because we are not giving Habbo users enough reason to come to the forums. I know many of the older members won't be too happy about this as they find Habbo users immature, but the fact remains that Habbo is the way we get new users and the way to keep the forum going. We need to make the forum more attractive to Habbo users.

Alex3213
15-11-2010, 07:13 AM
First of all, I think all of us know that RV and HxL have been dropping and it'll be hard to receive the same traffic as we did a couple of years ago. I know that Dan is an immensely dedicated person, he used to work very well when I was in the Rare Values Dept. 2 years ago and I know that he's got a very creative mind, so I will unlikely find these new changes to disappoint.

I'm gonna have to agree with Grig though. You've gotta work together. Sure, Rare Values will help HabboxLive but it has to work the other way too. You can't just say "grrr we've given up, come on RV give us a leg up" however rude that sounded, I think it's the message you're trying to put across unfortunately. :( I think that you have to work together and the only way to do this is putting unique things across, from BOTH DEPARTMENTS. Dan has been working hard on it already and I know that there's been a few new permanent shows which is fantastic news. I think there is still a lot of work to be done though and you can achieve this if you work as a team. I'm only going to say one thing about music quality: I will not listen to the radio if the sound is too hard at a 50% volume, I have it at 50% volume so I don't expect my ears to fall off. Unfortunately this happens a fair bit meaning its the same DJs I listen to and the same DJs I just ignore.

Moving on! I'm gonna say how fantastic Grig's and Keri's enthusiasm was. I think he was the only 2009 DJ who actually put in enthusiasm and sounded rather decent (not saying any others weren't, there are a lot of DJs I knew in 2009/early 2010 who worked there and was enthusiastic and rather sensible in their shows, however these too stood out). The key is to interact with your listener. If you're going to just say "ok hi so we have listeners woooo now get 90 and you get comp woooo ok song is now Katy Pery - Firework woooo" it's not going to work, again, not saying anyone does do that but I think some people could be slightly more enthusiastic! Grig always put 110% into his voice when speaking, and was quite funny at times too (despite sometimes being drunk -whistles-) however it always worked and the listeners did rise quite a bit. I think it's more of vocal structure that needs to be looked upon rather than anything else.

We need to make the forum more attractive to Habbo users.

Agreed

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!