PDA

View Full Version : Apple's big announcement....

Technologic
15-11-2010, 08:02 PM
What could it be?

Check their front page

http://www.apple.com/uk/

GommeInc
15-11-2010, 08:05 PM
What could it be?

Check their front page

http://www.apple.com/uk/
*fingers crossed for bankruptcy and/or Steve Jobs being fired into space without a ship*

Judging by the mention of iTunes, it's something uninteresting :P Apple will obviously try to sell poo as gold, so it's probably another day Apple claim people will not forget, but in reality it is :P

TonyBest
15-11-2010, 08:07 PM
No idea, guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow

Monopoly
15-11-2010, 08:09 PM
subscriptions? ;d

Eoin247
15-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Probably aint nearly as great as they claim it to be.

matt$
15-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Would be cool if it was something completely new like an apple console rofl.

Eoin247
15-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Would be cool if it was something completely new like an apple console rofl.

Some day, but not tommorow. :)

hamheyelliot
15-11-2010, 09:43 PM
http://images.apple.com/uk/home/images/teaser_title320101115.png

Definitely won't be a new product, should be a new service that exceeds our ability to understand how it works. It may be magical.

Swinkid
15-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Non DRM protected Music..

Please?!

Special
15-11-2010, 09:46 PM
No idea, guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow

thanks for your input i guess we all know what it is now

i'm thinking it's apple tv if that hasn't come out already

or the new ipad

HotelUser
15-11-2010, 09:49 PM
No new iPad I just got one :P

Maybe they're releasing new iMacs, woo!

Swinkid
15-11-2010, 09:53 PM

Or even the new mac book pro's early, if thats the case then ill be getting one..

GommeInc
15-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm guessing no-one went on the site then? It clearly says iTunes... :P

iLogan
15-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Spotify type service

myke
15-11-2010, 10:33 PM
maybe the mac app gallery or w.e will be integrated in itunes

idk

anyway going now byee

Eoin247
15-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Adding to what i said, i doubt its anything huge given the fact that they give this a day notice.

xxMATTGxx
15-11-2010, 10:42 PM
It won't be an new product such as MacBook or iPad or anything like that because the announcement clearly states iTunes. So whether that is new features, cloud be storage business, subscriptions and so on who knows!

Jin
15-11-2010, 11:35 PM
This topic came up today in one of our lectures.

These are some of the ideas brought forward by my class.

1) New Spotify like iTunes service.
2) iTunes now a premium program/service.
3) Stream iTunes library over internet.
4) Apple now have the rights to the beatles.

None of which seems worth remembering.

Guess we shall find out at 3pm.

Conservative,
15-11-2010, 11:36 PM
It's to do with iTunes - maybe it's own tv catch up service? ;O

Jordy
15-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Non DRM protected Music..

Please?!That's been on iTunes for around 1-2 years now, get with it :P

I worry it's going to involve "Ping", and if so I couldn't care less unless it's the scrapping of the least innovative and worst feature they've brought out in a long time.

Conservative,
15-11-2010, 11:44 PM
I got new iTunes download today so they must have been getting ready for it.

Jin
15-11-2010, 11:52 PM
scrapping of the least innovative and worst feature they've brought out in a long time.
Is that not the iPad?

It's to do with iTunes - maybe it's own tv catch up service? ;O
Nice idea but loads of legals involved.

I got new iTunes download today so they must have been getting ready for it.
Try D/cin from the net and setting your clock forward to 16/11/2010 15:05 if it unveils anything magical :P

dirrty
15-11-2010, 11:54 PM
i've only heard that they're announcing that the beatles discography will be available. nothing worth being noted as a big announcement tbf.

Conservative,
15-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Is that not the iPad?

Nice idea but loads of legals involved.

Try D/cin from the net and setting your clock forward to 16/11/2010 15:05 if it unveils anything magical :P

See Jin hire me I haz good ideas. And lol Na I'll be home at 3pm anyway so s'all good :)

Jordy
16-11-2010, 12:01 AM
i've only heard that they're announcing that the beatles discography will be available. nothing worth being noted as a big announcement tbf.Disagree, they're the worlds most major artist yet the only major artist not to appear online, it's a very big deal.

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Disagree, they're the worlds most major artist yet the only major artist not to appear online, it's a very big deal.

They're not online?!

N!ck
16-11-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree. It is a pretty big deal if it is The Beatles, however more of a legal deal then something worth getting too excited about.

And I though everyone knew there was no legal way to get The Beatles as a digital download.

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 12:31 AM
I agree. It is a pretty big deal if it is The Beatles, however more of a legal deal then something worth getting too excited about.

And I though everyone knew there was no legal way to get The Beatles as a digital download.

I had no idea - mainly because I hate them and don't buy their music but still.

Deak
16-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Hmmm, seems interesting... will have to find out what it is @ 3pm today!

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 12:35 AM
14 hours 24 minutes Wooo.

Jordy
16-11-2010, 12:37 AM
They're not online?!Yeah it's cause their record label is owned by "Apple Corps" which as you can imagine causes a lot of legal difficulty with "Apple Inc". Good shout whoever pointed out it's The Beatles release, just done a bit of research and it's looking very likely :) - I collect their stereo remastered CDs so I won't be buying them from iTunes but it's good to introduce them to new generations.

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah it's cause their record label is owned by "Apple Corps" which as you can imagine causes a lot of legal difficulty with "Apple Inc". Good shout whoever pointed out it's The Beatles released, just done a bit of research and it's looking very likely :)

Ahh ok.

If it's the beatles I couldn't care less.

xxMATTGxx
16-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Yeah it's cause their record label is owned by "Apple Corps" which as you can imagine causes a lot of legal difficulty with "Apple Inc". Good shout whoever pointed out it's The Beatles release, just done a bit of research and it's looking very likely :) - I collect their stereo remastered CDs so I won't be buying them from iTunes but it's good to introduce them to new generations.

Wall Street Journal or whatever that site is has been reporting it. But to me it's really not a big deal but I guess it is for Apple and anyone else who is a fan.

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that music from the Beatles will be coming to the iTunes store very soon – with an announcement due tomorrow. This will be the first time that The Beatles popular music has been available in iTunes, which is now over seven years old. The report even goes as far to suggest that a Beatles branded iPod, iPhone or iPad may be on the cards to celebrate this occasion.

Coming as good news to many, this achievement was likely due to a lot of blood and sweat behind the scenes. Many will remember that The Beatles sued Apple in 2006 over using the trademark ‘Apple’ in relation to a music store (contrary to an agreement they made some 25 years ealier), a case that they lost because iTunes wasn’t seen by the courts as a music store, but instead as a delivery system for data.

The WSJ is expecting that the music will be an iTunes exclusive for a period of time, before becoming available in other online music stores.

http://www.neowin.net/news/the-beatles-are-coming-to-an-itunes-store-near-you-finally

Recursion
16-11-2010, 07:42 AM
http://www.neowin.net/news/the-beatles-are-coming-to-an-itunes-store-near-you-finally

EDIT: Oh lol, Matt posted above, nevermind :P

HotelUser
16-11-2010, 12:44 PM
The Beatles have come to iTunes? That's their big news? Really?

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 12:53 PM

That's what I think lol.

GommeInc
16-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd so laugh it is. No-one will care, the Beatles aren't at all popular anymore other than for the odd few jokes. Why Apple feel it useful to announce this is beyond me, when the target audience is either dead, or a tiny minority.

Mr-Trainor
16-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Indeed it was The Beatles!
http://www.apple.com/uk/the-beatles/

Not an amazing announcement to me personally :P.

jackass
16-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Well that was a lot of something for nothing.

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 03:09 PM
wow, the biggest apple let down since the original iphone. fantastic news... not :/

Stephen
16-11-2010, 03:50 PM
I laughed my head off when I saw it LOL

N!ck
16-11-2010, 04:01 PM
It is massive for Apple and iTunes.

The Beatles are far the biggest selling artists in history, and they're only downloadable on iTunes (not counting piracy of course).

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Couldn't care any less, The Beatles are as bad as Justin Bieber. YES I DID JUST SAY THAT.

Neversoft
16-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Couldn't care any less, The Beatles are as bad as Justin Bieber. YES I DID JUST SAY THAT.

Someone shoot him.

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Someone shoot him.

Nty. The Beatles are awful. Sure they were pretty revolutionary at the time - but they hurt my ears.

N!ck
16-11-2010, 04:10 PM

I understand that musical taste is subjective, however you genuinely believe this you have to be either extremely stupid or completely inept on all levels.

Someone shoot him.

Kaboom.

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 04:15 PM
I understand that musical taste is subjective, however you genuinely believe this you have to be either extremely stupid or completely inept on all levels.

Kaboom.

The Beatles hold no appeal to me. Their music is cheesy, old, boring and repetitive. I find it boring. I prefer music that makes me dance around the room to a big bass beat or amazing guitar solos.

GoldenMerc
16-11-2010, 04:22 PM
The Beatles hold no appeal to me. Their music is cheesy, old, boring and repetitive. I find it boring. I prefer music that makes me dance around the room to a big bass beat or amazing guitar solos.

Thought you were disabled and in a wheel chair like you stated in the car thread?
Never the less its big news that Beatles are downloadable on iTunes although it doesn't appeal to me it most likely appeals to a lot of other people
Ross

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Thought you were disabled and in a wheel chair like you stated in the car thread?
Never the less its big news that Beatles are downloadable on iTunes although it doesn't appeal to me it most likely appeals to a lot of other people
Ross

I have a wheelchair, I don't use it 24/7. Lol.

But yeah - it's quite big news, just not news I care about :)

Jordy
16-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I'd so laugh it is. No-one will care, the Beatles aren't at all popular anymore other than for the odd few jokes. Why Apple feel it useful to announce this is beyond me, when the target audience is either dead, or a tiny minority.They only accounted for 10% of album sales for EMI in the US last year... The world's biggest selling band finally on iTunes after all these years is a big deal and The Beatles are still enormous, even with younger generations.

Couldn't care any less, The Beatles are as bad as Justin Bieber soooo. YES I DID JUST SAY THAT.Thankfully I don't mind your other posts but you're close to becoming the first person on my "Ignore List" for that comment :P

Eoin247
16-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Dude i can't believe you think they are as bad as justin biebir!

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Dude i can't believe you think they are as bad as justin biebir!

At least JB is new(ish). The Beatles have been around for 50 years, and my parents have tortured me with their music from a young age. I hate it and always will lol.

But good for apple (Y)

Judas
16-11-2010, 05:27 PM
if it wasnt for the beatles most of the artists whose 'amazing guitar solos' you love wouldnt be around. admittedly i dont sit here and listen to the beatles but anyone who thinks they are terrible are stupid. they are/were insanely talented and songwriting geniuses...

the worlds biggest and most inspirational band coming to itunes is definitely big news.

StefanWolves
16-11-2010, 05:30 PM
At least JB is new(ish). The Beatles have been around for 50 years, and my parents have tortured me with their music from a young age. I hate it and always will lol.

But good for apple (Y)
Let it be [8]

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Let it be [8]

Lol. That - admittedly is my weakness. That is their ONLY good song.

Chippiewill
16-11-2010, 05:45 PM

No. Just .. no.

Special
16-11-2010, 05:48 PM
lol is that it......

the beatles got together just at the right time & place and made a fortune from it

there isn't anyting unique about them

Conservative,
16-11-2010, 05:49 PM
lol is that it......

the beatles got together just at the rigt time & place and made a fortune from it

Exactly :D!

Agnostic Bear
16-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Fantastic news.

I look forward to downloading every song twice, telling my friends how good it sounds on my iPod when I downloaded them from iTunes in superior iTunes quality. Far better than that trashy MP3 quality. I will then proceed to dance, very slowly and tell everyone how good I am at dancing and why they should respect me and my opinion which is obviously far better than theirs.

beth
16-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Fantastic news.

I look forward to downloading every song twice, telling my friends how good it sounds on my iPod when I downloaded them from iTunes in superior iTunes quality. Far better than that trashy MP3 quality. I will then proceed to dance, very slowly and tell everyone how good I am at dancing and why they should respect me and my opinion which is obviously far better than theirs.

winner.

Mathew
16-11-2010, 06:26 PM

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apple

The Beatles are a true icon of Britain and I do think this is a big deal for Apple. I don't use iTunes, but I do think this is a bonus.

Deak
16-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Well i've just got home... seems like i've missed the fun...

I thought it would have been a lot bigger news that just The Beatles are now on iTunes...

Oh well, was fun while it lasted

Calvin
16-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Robbie, thank you very much for spamming this thread with opinions on the Beatles and how you don't like them. I appreciate you want your post count but yeah..

Was wondering if this was something exciting last night, but doesn't really concern me much. :P Well done to them I suppose.

Jordy
16-11-2010, 06:50 PM
lol is that it......

the beatles got together just at the right time & place and made a fortune from it

there isn't anyting unique about themThey were the first international pop stars really and ridiculously talented song-writers, they pretty much shaped the future of "Popular music". It was more than just being in the right place at the right time lol.

Chippiewill
16-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Fantastic news.

Yay, because you're back?

Twice?
Itoons r superiar dan OGG
You're dancing is rubbish.
Of course you're opinion is far better than mine, your opinion is liking Apple?

GommeInc
16-11-2010, 08:17 PM
It is massive for Apple and iTunes.
Just small, disappointing and uninteresting to everyone else :P I've got a huge collection of Beatles CDs downstairs, which probably has more tracks than iTunes will ever pump out, so I'm indifferent, seeing as I'll never rip the songs off them :P

Judas
16-11-2010, 10:36 PM
lol is that it......

LOOL the ignorance!

they arent unique ANYMORE because they were a huge influence for most artists round nowadays. you must obviously know very little about them if you think they're so succesful because they 'got together at the right time and place'... please explain that theory its really interesting

GommeInc
17-11-2010, 01:30 AM
LOOL the ignorance!

they arent unique ANYMORE because they were a huge influence for most artists round nowadays. you must obviously know very little about them if you think they're so succesful because they 'got together at the right time and place'... please explain that theory its really interesting

I wouldn't say it's completely wrong. It was the right time for music to evolve with the introduction of new technologies and social changes, but the Beatles took the first steps and influenced other bands and the world to take those steps with them. They pioneered at the right time, some may say.

Judas
17-11-2010, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't say it's completely wrong. It was the right time for music to evolve with the introduction of new technologies and social changes, but the Beatles took the first steps and influenced other bands and the world to take those steps with them. They pioneered at the right time, some may say.

i'm pretty sure the beatles werent the only band around at the time, so why arent any of those other bands known for making such a change? theres a reason they did revolutionise music - their undeniable talent.

GommeInc
17-11-2010, 04:24 PM
i'm pretty sure the beatles werent the only band around at the time, so why arent any of those other bands known for making such a change? theres a reason they did revolutionise music - their undeniable talent.
You missed my point :P They have undeniable talent (one that appears to be dead nowadays with regards to other bands), but this talent could of shone through with the aid of taking advantage at the right time, before any other band managed to get in there. You could say the Beatles got in there and led the way or "pioneered" in an area of the industry which was otherwise quiet and in need of change, either through social or political aspects.

AgnesIO
17-11-2010, 04:26 PM
You can tell some people know as much about music as I do about space. Not much at all.

The Beatles were fantastic. Without the Beatles, many of todays artists would probably not be playing music today. When some of you have a clue about music, and different genres and their historys come back to argue.

Judas
17-11-2010, 11:47 PM
You missed my point :P They have undeniable talent (one that appears to be dead nowadays with regards to other bands), but this talent could of shone through with the aid of taking advantage at the right time, before any other band managed to get in there. You could say the Beatles got in there and led the way or "pioneered" in an area of the industry which was otherwise quiet and in need of change, either through social or political aspects.

i just dont think the time they came out is relevant. and in specials post he claimed it was the sole reason for their success which is definitely wrong..

StefanWolves
17-11-2010, 11:55 PM
*REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

GommeInc
18-11-2010, 12:35 AM
*REMOVED*
Naaa, too busy thinking of himself to do anything like that. The thought probably crossed his mind for a minute, then went :P

i just dont think the time they came out is relevant. and in specials post he claimed it was the sole reason for their success which is definitely wrong..
True, it definitely wasn't the sole purpose. It may of been a contributing factor, but nothing more. Their talent is what ultimately made them popular and successful.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!