PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] They perm banned me

CubicleComa
16-11-2010, 11:50 PM
I've had my account, buttcrunch, on habbo for five years, and last weekend they decided to perm ban it for having an "inappropriate" name. I think habbo staff should get their heads out of the gutters and look up the actual definition of it, which could be two things. -A person, object, or thing that is so extraordinary it will cause an involuntary clenching of the buttocks of those who interact with it. Or it could be an exercise. none of which are "inappropriate."
Some more details-
I've had this account for five years.
I've won multiple competitions with it.
They've never said a thing about it to me until last weekend.
I've spent over 100 real dollars on it.
What do you guys think. Is it alright or not?

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from "Habbo In General" as I feel it's more suited here.

SirTezza
17-11-2010, 12:21 AM
A right out ban is out of order pal. Especially since it has been okay for that period of time. I guess they are trying to crack down, no pun intended lol.

My advice would be to email them and explain those things to them, and see what happens.

Deak
17-11-2010, 12:26 AM
A right out ban is out of order pal. Especially since it has been okay for that period of time. I guess they are trying to crack down, no pun intended lol.

My advice would be to email them and explain those things to them, and see what happens.

This would be the best thing, somebody else (sorry forgot who it was) also had this problem and i'm pretty sure that they e-mailed them about it and habbo replied that they will get a name change option and take it from there and the account was unbanned.

Good luck & While your here... welcome to the forum & stick around :)

CubicleComa
17-11-2010, 06:25 AM
I messaged them and they want me to change my name X_X
I'm still in the process of trying to convince them to let me keep my name :)
Oh and thanks for being so nice, the other fan sites kinda shunned me lol

Conservative,
17-11-2010, 07:23 AM
That sucks tbh.

You have every right to use that name. Good luck trying to get unbanned and hopefully keep your name!

And welcome to the forum :)

Jordy
17-11-2010, 07:30 AM
I disagree, when I clicked this thread I was thinking what an inappropriate username it is. Your definition doesn't really help justify it either, it sums up why it's inappropriate. I think you're clutching at straws if you think that explains why the name is fine.

Call me boring or something but it strikes me as an inappropriate name and this is Habbo we're talking about.

iRaaave.
17-11-2010, 07:45 AM
Exactly what Jordy said.

CubicleComa
17-11-2010, 07:52 AM
You're entitled to your own opinions..
I know the names not that great, but its the fact that they would wait five years to say something is whats bugging me.
If it was really that bad, they could have easily just sent me a message at anytime telling me my name sucked and it needed to be changed. But instead they wait for some jerk to report me. That's whats really annoying me.

Samantha
17-11-2010, 08:04 AM
This would be the best thing, somebody else (sorry forgot who it was) also had this problem and i'm pretty sure that they e-mailed them about it and habbo replied that they will get a name change option and take it from there and the account was unbanned.

Good luck & While your here... welcome to the forum & stick around :)

:Stexual and Pilok

I was thinking that about the first definition, although I do not really find it offensive or discriminative in anyway, you should keep your name you have had it years and it shouldn't change just because Habbo staff most often than not fail.

If you look at it, some people do not get offered a name change, but why do you? That's what I think is a bit iffy, not to sound rude or anything also don't change your name, you would have to have an amazingly nooby name then.

Good Luck anyhow!

CubicleComa
17-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Just a heads up, I made a new thread in the general discussions area.
If you guys can help me pick out a new habbo name (that is if habbo won't let me keep mine, I'll find out soon enough)
and I end up using it, I'll send you a little gift :)
Thanks!

giltinux
17-11-2010, 12:00 PM
well if only 1 hope to get ur acc back change it name :P

Kieron
17-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Stexual got changed to iBlueBox?

.x.miss.angel.x
17-11-2010, 07:30 PM
AHH! YOU SAID BUTT? AHHHH!

Anywho, that ban was stupid, whats next, banning poop, or pee?

And its great that you should be getting a name change :)

hairpins
17-11-2010, 08:10 PM
pmsl tht name is gross no wonda it got banned
EJOI UR BAN HUN XOXOXOXO

Jin
17-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately moderation with forums and MMORPGs subjective and it depends on how that particular moderator interprets the situation. Moderating things like tinypic is very easy to do as there is a clear guideline of what isn't allowed.

Yeah it is a bit ridiculous that you have been fine for 5 years and that they went for a perm ban but that could be down to system limitations to be honest. Such as HK may not have the ability to inform you that you must change your name therefore it requires you to email in.

The other issue is to save costs some of the moderators are Singaporean (according to Firefox Dictionary that's a word) this was certainly the case pre-merge as they could save having to pay night rates. This in turn may bring about some language issues as despite that a moderator requirement is to be fluent in english, there are some colloquial or local slang, that you can near enough get away with at certain times of the day. For a UK,US,CA Mod butt probably wouldn't be considered offensive but to a SG mod they may think of it as being unacceptable like the name for a disgusting snack :P.

I figure you have come to terms with the ban by now but just thought I would express the alternate reason :) just food for thought.

Good luck with the name hunt.

Sharon
17-11-2010, 08:29 PM
pmsl tht name is gross no wonda it got banned
EJOI UR BAN HUN XOXOXOXO

why so rude.

Jin has summed up what I wanted to say really.. with these crap mods who probably can't speak English it's in jeopardy. Best of luck.

triston220
17-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Habbo are giving you the option to keep your account, don't say no, they may just ban you again.

Redtiz
18-11-2010, 11:47 AM
why so rude.

Jin has summed up what I wanted to say really.. with these crap mods who probably can't speak English it's in jeopardy. Best of luck.

In fact, people from Singapore speak English as well as you or me - English is the Mother tongue of Singapore and all their education is in English from the first day of school. Not only is their first language English, it's also British English rather than American English.

In regards to the ban; well the moderators have to use an element of personal judgment when it comes to inappropriate usernames and they're told not to allow anything which is personally abusive to another, includes racist terms, is overtly sexual or is generally offensive. With a name like 'buttcrunch' it's really borderline (as the opinions on this thread show) and some would judge it to be inappropriate, whilst others may give it the benefit of the doubt. If I were given such a name to judge I'd probably give it the benefit of the doubt IF the player's general account history showed they were otherwise a polite player, but then I'm pretty lenient in moderation matters so the mod who did ban it was certainly not wrong to do so.

Anyway, I see the original poster has now had a name change to his choice and I'd have to say it's a much cooler name he's got now IMO.

ChickenFaces
18-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I guess Habbo does have the final say in all this, they're staff and they do know what seems appropriate and what doesn't [sometimes.]
You can try and convince them to let you keep your name, however I think that they're going to win this one. Best of luck to you in trying to get your name back, it's really not that bad of a name but hey, it's habbo.

HotelUser
18-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I see no problem with the actual banning, but if after the player has requested a namechange and they remain banned, it's incredibly harsh especially considering the player has spent money on credits :P

Josh
18-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Should have the same system as Runescape does. Just set the name to random letters and letters and give them a name change option. Bans seem the punishment for everything when they could easily get other punishments.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!