PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

rnix
17-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Right, tomorrow i get my first tattoo which will be the under bit of my arm
ONLY PIC I COULD FIND :P
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/images/ency/fullsize/8743.jpg

Does it hurt that bad? I've heard it numbs itself after a while? any other useful information
I know people say it hurts others more, but ive had various piercings before and they have never hurt? so ^.^

Just wanted to hear what people say :)
+rep to all help
Thanks

Edited by Shar (Trialist Forum Moderator) Moved from 'Discussed anything'.

SirTezza
17-11-2010, 01:43 AM
In that position it doesn't really hurt, because I got one there. It stings a little, but the pain is not unbearable, it's pretty easy to sit through. Depends on the person and the placement. But from experience it will be fine right there.

I hope that image isn't showing the tattoo you're getting. The red scribble :P lol.

Good luck with it pal!

ChickenFaces
17-11-2010, 01:57 AM
After a while you'll get used to the pain and it won't hurt as bad, it usually depends on the kind of tattoo you're getting. Since it's in an area that isn't particularly bony that's also good because it won't hurt as much as it would had it been on the ribs or ankle or something like that.

I hope your tattoo turns out well! Pics or it didn't happen alright? :D

Stephen
17-11-2010, 01:59 AM
In that position it doesn't really hurt, because I got one there. It stings a little, but the pain is not unbearable, it's pretty easy to sit through. Depends on the person and the placement. But from experience it will be fine right there.

I hope that image isn't showing the tattoo you're getting. The red scribble :P lol.

Good luck with it pal!

that's what will happen to his arm if he finds out that he's allergic to the ink :P

koony
17-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Just don't get a UV tattoo, they use an isotope which can end up being poisonous, they are very expensive and fade away over some months anyway also.

Otherwise sure get a tatt man. Make sure it means something to you though.

Don't get any Chinese letters unless you are in fact Chinese, don't get any dragons unless you design them yourself, barbed wire is the new "softcore", also stay away from tribal stuff unless you belong to a tribe...

Don't go picking any of the small cute/cool icons, especially logos, unless you're a gamer or something LOL.

If you get something nationality related, it's probably been done a million times. Be careful where you get it and what you get it, some businesses hate tattoo's... Also remember it is permanent and some people will judge you. :)

Also, pain is a state of mind. Then again I would describe getting a tattoo as a thousand needles, going in and out of your skin really fast. :P

giltinux
17-11-2010, 12:07 PM
well it hurts but not too much and do a pic of u tattoo wen u get it :)

Casio
17-11-2010, 12:14 PM
About a week ago I got my first one on the under side of my wrist also, I do have to say it didn't hurt much but when he went over it again to make it thicker, wow it did hurt then.

RandomManJay
17-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I've had a tattoo on the back of my neck and it genuinely didn't hurt. It was more like a dull ache than anything. But I have heard that it can hurt more on your extremities, and it can hurt more on one side than the other.

It all really depends on your threshold of pain. Piercings may seem like a good comparison, but the really aren't. Piercings can literally take less than 5 minutes, and the pain from it is really localised to where you're getting the piercing; whereas a tattoo being given can vibrate right down onto your bone, and cause your muscles to tense up for a long period of time. Usually the tattooist will work as quickly as possible, and you can always tell them if its becoming unbearable and they can hurry up if they think its wise, or try distract you from the pain :).

Eoin247
17-11-2010, 12:27 PM
Not to scare you or anything but a remember a guy a while back told me of a time his whole arm swelled up cos of an allergic reaction.

Apparently it doesn't hurt that much, but at first the pains a tad bit of a shock.

Swearwolf
17-11-2010, 12:54 PM
When I got mine done it hardly hurt but I twitched a bit nearer the wrist. I have words down the inside of each arm there but depends what you get done lol, my skin had to have 3 diff needles/ink cos it wouldnt take the ink well to start with. Also at eoin mine had an allergic reaction about a week later ;D

Eoin247
17-11-2010, 02:30 PM
When I got mine done it hardly hurt but I twitched a bit nearer the wrist. I have words down the inside of each arm there but depends what you get done lol, my skin had to have 3 diff needles/ink cos it wouldnt take the ink well to start with. Also at eoin mine had an allergic reaction about a week later ;D

Oh,how bad was the reaction?

rnix
17-11-2010, 08:03 PM
The picture looks a bit dodgy idk why, the lines look thicker in real.
I know its very unoriginal but i don't care :D
Gonna get it coloured it soon =]
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs598.ash2/155071_145690098811948_100001128775866_217128_7605 625_n.jpg

flatface
17-11-2010, 08:09 PM
The picture looks a bit dodgy idk why, the lines look thicker in real.
I know its very unoriginal but i don't care :D
Gonna get it coloured it soon =]
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs598.ash2/155071_145690098811948_100001128775866_217128_7605 625_n.jpg

nice, did it hurt?

rnix
17-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Was fine actually :) Was a little shock when it first went it but was fine :)
Want another one :L Might get one monday :)

Sharon
17-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Was fine actually :) Was a little shock when it first went it but was fine :)
Want another one :L Might get one monday :)

ouch a tattoo is just another t-shirt for you!

looking good!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!