PDA

View Full Version : What could I add into this?

Samantha
17-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Basically, me and my partner in media have to analyze this film trailer.

We chose 'The Last Exorcism' and I wanted to know what you guys think of it so far; bare in mind it is not finished yet.

Also could you tell me what to add?

Thank
Samantha

The beginning of the trailer starts with eerie music which seems to increase in volume to introduce us to the narrative used. However, the sounds used could suggest a higher power is coming into contact with Earth which we will see throughout the film; it may represent angels from heaven singing.
The narrative gives us a brief introduction. It uses the word ‘exorcism’ which is also present in the film title which may suggest that exorcism is the main topic in the film. The narrator uses sacred terms such as ‘bible’ and ‘demons’ which shows juxtaposition of heaven and hell, suggesting that if you believe in one, you must believe in the other; this is used as allegedly the ‘bible’ is full of ‘demons.’ This also creates persuasion to watch the film to actually see what it is about as it doesn’t give much away in the first part.
The trailer uses the colour red a lot which connotes to danger, death and blood; this may imply that the movie contains the the three things said previously. Also, the font in the trailer reinforces the connotations as that includes the colour red as well. On the other hand, we see a red, abandoned bus situated in the ‘exorcists’ garden, which may suggest that the colour red also represents neglect. The impression the colour red has on the reader could be persuasion to watch the film again but also make them wonder why the colour red is used if it has connotations of such negative things.
Furthermore, the camera angles used in the trailer are quick and fast paced; the editors may try not to give many things away. This may imply a mystery that you will not discover until you view the movie in full; this links back to persuasion. Also, the camera pans frequently when the characters are located in the car – when the car is in motion, this may imply that the editor is wanting you to be empathic and want you to view the tension and confusion from their point of view. Also, the whole image tends to turn from a natural feel to an intense one as the screen turns red for a split second before changing again which may imply that they were highlighting key parts of the film but they didn’t want you to see as much as you personally would have liked to.

Also trailer link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxhdCcYHZZM

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!