PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Marketplace abuse?

koony
19-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Very few of these are legitimate if any...

So can someone tell me why people do this???

http://i53.tinypic.com/k01vmd.png

Josh
19-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Because, they long for the day someone will be stupid enough to buy it.

koony
19-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Because, they long for the day someone will be stupid enough to buy it.

That was one of my less appealing theories, I'm glad you think this too though.

The others were mainly, conspiracy theories :D

1. It was secret code amongst investors. (Buy buy buy!, Sell Sell Sell!)
2. Deliberate sabotage from underground traders/scammers.

Eoin247
19-11-2010, 06:05 PM
That was one of my less appealing theories, I'm glad you think this too though.

The others were mainly, conspiracy theories :D

1. It was secret code amongst investors. (Buy buy buy!, Sell Sell Sell!)
2. Deliberate sabotage from underground traders/scammers.

You know too much!

Gona have to do something about you....

karter
19-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I am not sure , but people tell that a bauble was bought for 10k and its average increased to 20c

Deak
19-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I am not sure , but people tell that a bauble was bought for 10k and its average increased to 20c

I remember that happening.

People must be stupid if they buy things at those prices - unless they are leaving and want to give all of their money away.. ?

Mr-Trainor
19-11-2010, 07:38 PM
It's the cheapest offer and it just so happens it over expensive. I don't really think it's 'Marketplace abuse' unless the seller then bought their own item to boost the average value.

AgnesIO
21-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I think some people do it in hope, although you could do this with a clone to boost your item value

Jin
22-11-2010, 01:00 AM
I wonder if it is some sort of default value in whatever you would call habbos database.

Moh
22-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Could be what they do on world of warcraft to sell coins?

Somebody places an item at a high price and then the person selling the coins simply buys it and the buyer gets the coins.

Nick
22-11-2010, 06:57 AM
I reckon , Golddiggers much lols

Mr-Trainor
22-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I wonder if it is some sort of default value in whatever you would call habbos database.
The value 10,100 (10,000 without commission) is the maximum you can sell an item for which is why they're all the same value, if that's what you meant :P.

-Danube-
22-11-2010, 08:42 PM
This is why the values on the marketplace should be taken with a pinch of salt sometimes, yes i think they are useful, but your best bet is to use a range of sources (marketplace, Habbox and your own experience all as a GUIDE)

Mr-Trainor
22-11-2010, 08:51 PM
This is why the values on the marketplace should be taken with a pinch of salt sometimes, yes i think they are useful, but your best bet is to use a range of sources (marketplace, Habbox and your own experience all as a GUIDE)
I agree. Using at least two sources of values for a particular item will ensure your valuation is as accurate as possible :).

Arron
22-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes I agree with the two posts above.

It's common sense not to buy an item which has an asking price of 10100 at an average price of 3c.

A thing I've noticed most recently is a person would purchase all offers of an item, lets use an example: A user would buy all Frost Dragons at the normal average price then sell them for about 50+ coins more than the actual value. Then the user will access a clone account and purchase all of the Dragons and repeatedly doing this so sooner or later the Average price rises, thus making other Habbos believing that this is the actual value. I know Habbox is just a guide, but I would advise that most traders just clarify with themselves that before they purchase from the MP, they are aware of any possible price difference between Habbox and the MP.

koony
29-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't really think it's 'Marketplace abuse' unless the seller then bought their own item to boost the average value.

CONSPIRACY THEORY CORRECT.

Now I just have to get out of town before eoin247 (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68585) finds me.

Gibs960
30-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I struggled to sell things for cheap so if they're putting things at that price then they're really stupid and just wasting their time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!