PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Need a DJ? Read this...

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 07:22 PM
So if you have viewed this post, thanks! My name is Nick and i'm a pro radio presenter, i've worked on real FM radio stations and internet radios around the world.

So at the moment im looking for volentry internet radio work. If you want too know more read on!

Name: Nick Pearson

How Many Songs Do You Have? I own 16,000+ legal songs, all radio edited and payed for legally.

Why should i hire you? Simple. I have a full Radio Station Studio in my home, totally sound proofed. I have a great personality, i know allot about all the celeb gossip and i always have something to talk about.
I can bring features like .... "text your requests now, to 62244" - texting numbers, and so much more!

If you want to know more or have any questions please add me on msn:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Nick.

Nemo
20-11-2010, 07:28 PM
If you're putting out an advertisement, and your english isn't amazing, i'd suggest running it through word first. Just a suggestion.

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 07:30 PM
If you're putting out an advertisement, and your english isn't amazing, i'd suggest running it through word first. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,,, i know my english is not that good,,, not my fault im a bit spacked up lmfao :D

Nemo
20-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks,,, i know my english is not that good,,, not my fault im a bit spacked up lmfao :D
Hence the run it through word first.

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Hence the run it through word first.

yeah cheers ill run up stairs and do that now lol

Minstrels
20-11-2010, 07:33 PM
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D_Z-D2tzi14/S8TTPQCPA6I/AAAAAAAACwA/ZHZH-Bi8OmI/s400/ALOT2.png

OT: What sort of range of songs do you have?

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 07:38 PM
OT: What sort of range of songs do you have?

A Wide Variety Actually! All the chart music,,, RnB, Classical, Rock, Punk, Rap, Pop, Hip-Hop loads more you get the picture. lol

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 07:58 PM
So if you have viewed this post, thanks! My name is Nick and i'm a pro radio presenter, i've worked on real FM radio stations and internet radios around the world.

So at the moment im looking for volentry internet radio work. If you want too know more read on!

Name: Nick Pearson

How Many Songs Do You Have? I own 16,000+ legal songs, all radio edited and payed for legally.

Why should i hire you? Simple. I have a full Radio Station Studio in my home, totally sound proofed. I have a great personality, i know allot about all the celeb gossip and i always have something to talk about.
I can bring features like .... "text your requests now, to 62244" - texting numbers, and so much more!

If you want to know more or have any questions please add me on msn:
[email protected]

Thanks,
Nick.

You know we're not hiring UK DJs right now, we have a request line so people won't need to text in. If you want to be part of our team you will wait and apply then ;]. And to be honest I doubt you're professional - not many "pro" stations hire 17 year olds. I also doubt your songs are legal because that's about £20,000 of songs.

Still welcome to the forum and good luck if you *APPLY*

Calvin
20-11-2010, 08:22 PM
You know we're not hiring UK DJs right now, we have a request line so people won't need to text in. If you want to be part of our team you will wait and apply then ;]. And to be honest I doubt you're professional - not many "pro" stations hire 17 year olds. I also doubt your songs are legal because that's about £20,000 of songs.

Still welcome to the forum and good luck if you *APPLY*Please read the original post before speaking crap.

1) He wasn't talking about HabboxLive, he was talking about an internet radio station
2) The text in is an extra feature which is quite handy if you're listening on your phone and want a request, plus refer to point one
3) Refer to point one
4) Some 17 year olds are very good at radio presenting and professional, and not professional because hes a certain age?
5) Some people buy a lot of songs, not download them all illegally...

Please read his post before trying to speak a load of crap next time. And at origina poster, why not apply at http://stancefm.com - we're looking for some talented presenters!

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I was just saying about if he was thinking of applying to habbox, ok I kind of assumed he was thinking of that my bad but still...

16k+ songs...not many teenagers have that, I'm not saying he doesn't Im saying I doubt it due to the amount it would cost but if he does fair doos to him.

And yes some 17 year olds are very good at presenting, heck some 13/14/15 year olds are but not many are professional at THAT age. I don't doubt he's good, I doubt he's professional at such a young age.

However if I am wrong I will duly apologize and take back my comments.

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I was just saying about if he was thinking of applying to habbox, ok I kind of assumed he was thinking of that my bad but still...

16k+ songs...not many teenagers have that, I'm not saying he doesn't Im saying I doubt it due to the amount it would cost but if he does fair doos to him.

And yes some 17 year olds are very good at presenting, heck some 13/14/15 year olds are but not many are professional at THAT age. I don't doubt he's good, I doubt he's professional at such a young age.

However if I am wrong I will duly apologize and take back my comments.

Lets just say my family are rich bums lol

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Lets just say my family are rich bums lol

Okay, I have no problem with you owning that stuff nor being an excellent DJ. I'm sure you are, I just find it suspicious when new people say "oh yeah I have 16k songs" ect. However, good luck in your search for work and I am sorry if I misinterpreted and jumped to conclusions as well as saying (without evidence) that you don't because I may have been, or in fact probably am wrong, you seem genuine.

Jahova
20-11-2010, 09:36 PM
Why is everyone going nuts over him having 14,000+ legal tunes. Spread over a few 2+ years of buying them you don't even consider the amount of money spent.

Eoin247
20-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Why is everyone going nuts over him having 14,000+ legal tunes. Spread over a few 2+ years of buying them you don't even consider the amount of money spent.

My family has gotten so many cds over the years im sure we have that many as well.

Peo1994
20-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Okay, I have no problem with you owning that stuff nor being an excellent DJ. I'm sure you are, I just find it suspicious when new people say "oh yeah I have 16k songs" ect. However, good luck in your search for work and I am sorry if I misinterpreted and jumped to conclusions as well as saying (without evidence) that you don't because I may have been, or in fact probably am wrong, you seem genuine.

Hey man! no hard feelings all's good :D xD

Conservative,
20-11-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey man! no hard feelings all's good :D xD

Where you looking for anyway... a habbo site or just any online site?

Peo1994
21-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Where you looking for anyway... a habbo site or just any online site?

any site mate. :)

Richie
21-11-2010, 01:40 AM
1)*REMOVED
2) A preview would be nice
3) No radios give two flying ***** if a song is illegal, once it doesn't have poor quality or voice-overs.

Edited by Interact (Trialist Forum Moderator) : Please do not be rude to other forum members

Felix
21-11-2010, 03:41 AM

Yeah I have to say so myself that it sounds like a bit of **. But hey if it's true. Well done

Minstrels
21-11-2010, 10:45 AM
New Robbie, stop talking crap. My cat talks more sense than you (go figure).

I like the fact that the users jumping on the OP's back are doing so because of the apparent amount of songs he has not because he has a "full Radio Station Studio in my home, totally sound proofed". If you're going to nitpick please select carefully what you're going to moan about. Over the space of a number of years that's not a hard amount of songs to build up, especially if you're taking into consideration he may have ripped some CD's from earlier years. Although I'd be inclined to believe that anyone with a "full radio station" in the house is quite capable of affording that amount of songs. So how about instead of jumping on a new members back, you support them and point them in the right direction? Unless of course that new member turns into a neanderthal, isn't that right new Robbie?

Back on topic, OP have you checked the link that user posted? Think Richie does some radio stuff, idk ask him (posted above). Although as he said, a preview would probably create more interest.

Felix
21-11-2010, 11:05 AM
16k Legal songs.
Seriously, lets estimate at $1 a song.
Ohh wait, thats $16,000 for that.

Think about it

Minstrels
21-11-2010, 11:19 AM
16k Legal songs.

Think about it
Now go do a quick Google as to how much full radio equipment and a sound proof room accumulates to. Done that? Good. Hardly a drop in the ocean eh?

roastchips
21-11-2010, 11:25 AM
16k Legal songs.

Think about it

Well done, but a full studio is alot more a sonifex s2 or a soundcraft 10 series broadcast desk is around that on it own, then with Mics on top can be up to $2k a throw, then with rack equipment another $4k. Thats over 22k on its own just for the basics, if he has playout systems, Broadcast CD Players ect cost can easily hit 30k no problems.

Peo1994
21-11-2010, 08:19 PM
dont forget the desk its all built into ;) and the computers/server etc.. ;)

Nli.
21-11-2010, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't hire someone purely because he/she has a home studio or because they own thoushands of songs, personally it's all down to wether they can do the job. Anyone can buy all the equpment and all those songs. I'd reccomend you putting a demo of your self up on here, perhaps from one of those FM stations that you previously mentioned. Just so people can have an insight to what you're like.

roastchips
22-11-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't hire someone purely because he/she has a home studio or because they own thoushands of songs, personally it's all down to wether they can do the job. Anyone can buy all the equpment and all those songs. I'd reccomend you putting a demo of your self up on here, perhaps from one of those FM stations that you previously mentioned. Just so people can have an insight to what you're like.

Well said but personally you have to draw a line somewere, someone who is excellent but has crap equipment the audience will tune out from. Take most habbo DJ's for instance, very loud almost distorting music and a very quiet tinny voice. Having the correct kit also makes you alot more slick, not having to worry if everything is ok with a decent level of stuff you can have 100% confidence that when you push that fader up everything will sound fine.

I do agree though you do need to have a personality or else your a member of the all the gear no idea crew.

Felix
23-11-2010, 04:24 AM
It just doesn't seem right lol. If you were so professional why would you be offering your self on a pixelated fansite?

SirTezza
23-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Wow!

This post was simple. A guy wanted to advertise that he is available to do some DJ'ing for the website and everyone jumps on his back. It is either jealousy or people just like to pick fights.

So what if he has 16k songs. (Ripping old CDs - who says he bought them all. Buying online) We don't know how much he spends or his parents spend on them. It isn't impossible!

A studio at his house, why is this not possible? Why do people question it. His family could be a music loving family, who said that HE bought it all himself.

He has been on with other radio stations. This isn't impossible either. You can work in the UK 16 years old and above. He is 17, so why can he not have worked there?

Let's just give the guy a break, welcome him to the forum and if you have to criticise at least wait until you have heard what he can do.

Good luck with it pal, you have my support.

Sharon
23-11-2010, 09:16 PM
It just doesn't seem right lol. If you were so professional why would you be offering your self on a pixelated fansite?

Because he wants to, whats your problem.

Why is everyone being such ******s :S he can do what he likes, big deal if he's got 16k songs or not. So just er shut up.

I wish you best of luck :) try StanceFM like Richie said, their pretty amazing ;)

+rep to the person above, Minstrels and er some other people.

stop being so nasty.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!