PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Nintendo DS.

Can you give me up's and down's of this console.

Also if not could you offer an alternative?

ssricky
10-08-2005, 05:58 PM
all ihave to say get psp :P

LesbianGhost
10-08-2005, 06:00 PM
all ihave to say get psp :P

Or not. DS games are far better, what other console/handheld lets you actually touch the screen to play? The graphics are also amazing for a handheld.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Or not. DS games are far better, what other console/handheld lets you actually touch the screen to play? The graphics are also amazing for a handheld.
ds is so garbage all it has going for it is touch screen at least with psp i can watch my movies when im bored of playing games. plus compare graphics and the types of games psp owns currently and will rain supreme over all nintendo devices except gamecube cuz gamecube is awesome :P

Tommy
10-08-2005, 06:20 PM
ds is so garbage all it has going for it is touch screen at least with psp i can watch my movies when im bored of playing games. plus compare graphics and the types of games psp owns currently and will rain supreme over all nintendo devices except gamecube cuz gamecube is awesome :P

The ds has brilliant games, unlike psp, they go for fun factor, not graphic quality, touching the screen makes the games alot more challenging to use, therefore making games more worthwile. I recommend the mini games such as wario ware "Touched" and Project rub, fab games. And i believe with the sales already by ds, it will be supreme over the psp.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:21 PM
hate to break it to u psp killed ds in purchases

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Can i please remind you that the PSP isn't re-leased until 1st September so what your saying on this forum is strictly illegal

Tommy
10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Yeh in youre country that believe graphics are better than fun.
All of the sheep need to realise if youre looking for a gaming console, you should look for the small things like games that are fun to play. Psp is not what a console is meant to be its a "Multimedia console" Which is no good for what im looking for, ive got a tv for watching movies, i dont need a small screen with bad quality, when i have a tv.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:25 PM
:rolleyes: psp is released in canada :rolleyes: save ur money dont waste it on video games

eggd2
10-08-2005, 06:26 PM
i have a ds and a psp (got it from usaf alconbury, its an american base) there as good as each other, if you like cartoony games, get the ds, but the psp is too slow

Tommy
10-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Video games is what he wants, not stupid add ons any one is hardly going to use.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:27 PM
he shud save the money and put it toward sumtin better like a bike or a go kart :P

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 06:30 PM
he shud save the money and put it toward sumtin better like a bike or a go kart :P
Technically i want a DS but if the PSP is better then i will wait. But the PSP is 2wice as much as the DS plus the DS offers a range of games and not to many extra's.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:32 PM
ds gets smudged too easily personally i wud choice psp just cuz of dvds and i like most of the games on there im not really into most the games for ds only a couple are good

Tommy
10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Ok basically-

The psp offer stupid add ons you will hardly use, you get to watch movies, why watch movie when you have a tv? Itll have half the quality and rubbish sound compared to a tv. Using it as an MP3 is idotic, its way too big and i personally wouldnt use it.

The ds on the other hand is solid fun, its not got add ons, its exactly what it says on the tin. Its full of mini games touch technology and is really really fun to play. And on top of all that, built in is a fantastic chat system where you can draw or use an on screen keyboard. I think it is well worth the money.
And as you said, you get great deals with it.

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok basically-

The psp offer stupid add ons you will hardly use, you get to watch movies, why watch movie when you have a tv? Itll have half the quality and rubbish sound compared to a tv. Using it as an MP3 is idotic, its way too big and i personally wouldnt use it.

The ds on the other hand is solid fun, its not got add ons, its exactly what it says on the tin. Its full of mini games touch technology and is really really fun to play. And on top of all that, built in is a fantastic chat system where you can draw or use an on screen keyboard. I think it is well worth the money.
And as you said, you get great deals with it.
we both experessed our opinions ur a nintendo fan im a sony fan but u gotta admit u wud luv to have taht dvd in the car with u on a long ride or long airplane ride

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
So how does the pictochat work?

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 06:44 PM
we both experessed our opinions ur a nintendo fan im a sony fan but u gotta admit u wud luv to have taht dvd in the car with u on a long ride or long airplane ride
It's spelt Aeroplane and no i wouldn't. I would rather watch the inflight movie which you don't pay for!

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:45 PM
It's spelt Aeroplane and no i wouldn't. I would rather watch the inflight movie which you don't pay for!
inflight movies are always junk and the movies are actuallly a reasonable price

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
But you have to buy a special disk. If you have a movie you really love on DVD then you have to buy it again. Whether the inflight movie is **** or not. Whats the point. A console is for games! SONY have taken that one step to far

ssricky
10-08-2005, 06:58 PM
no they were smart cuz they stoped bootlegging of their psp games by putting them on umd

Magnet
10-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Pictochat, I'll tel lyou how it works:

You use the pen at the bottom screen to write, their is an on-screen keyboard with different languages, smileys and icons (@ # ~ ? ! > < etc.). You click send and it goes to the top screen, where you can see what everyone is saying.

You can make your own name and mission (Click on your name or someone elses to see their mission type-thing). You can write whatever you want (No censors :P) and it's great fun. Their are different things you can do. Draw, right, or colour it in black, and use the erase tool to write white writing and a black background :P

Flauvo
10-08-2005, 07:23 PM
But what about the connectivity?

Azza
10-08-2005, 07:30 PM
also more into the future
Ds links with nintendo revoloution and games go online
Psp also links with PS3 but dont no much on details

so consle choice cud depend if ur getting 1 of those.
inless x-box 360

wrieless chat can go as far as about 100meters but cud go more prob
but other pp lneed 2 be using picto chat

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!