PDA

View Full Version : HxHD Christmas!

j0rd
21-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I think that all HxHD staff should have Elf- in-front of their name (Habbo MOD's had it a couple of years ago).
An example would be: Elf-J25T.

Pretty pointless but it would be a bit of fun :)

Then HotelUser would have Santa-HotelUser and Jord would have MrsClaus-Jordesh (or whatever name he's using)

Josh
21-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I disagree. This idea was kind of used in the Halloween and it failed... badly. Just a waste really when they could be focusing on other stuff.

Calvin
21-11-2010, 02:54 PM
This could be an idea, but they'd all want HC/VIP so you would have to buy it on each account.

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2010, 02:56 PM
We could just dress up like reindeer's and Santa and so on instead of having a whole list of different accounts.

j0rd
21-11-2010, 02:56 PM
This could be an idea, but they'd all want HC/VIP so you would have to buy it on each account.

Not really, no-one bought it on the halloween accounts :P
And kinda agree with Josh, HW one failed

Josh
21-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Not really, no-one bought it on the halloween accounts :P
And kinda agree with Josh, HW one failed

That's because that whole idea was a mess.

Inseriousity.
21-11-2010, 02:58 PM
This idea was kind of used in the Halloween and it failed... badly.

How? I thought it worked quite well and was a way of breaking the ice between staff and users. The amount of people going "WHO ARE YOU HABBOX WIZARD" meant that staff and users interacted a bit more as new users were always curious as to what the heck was going on and old users always tried to make educated guesses as to who the users was.

It'd certainly remove some of the formality out of the help desk and get them into the christmas spirit so I'm all for it :)

Nikki
21-11-2010, 02:58 PM
I agree with Josh, you could just ask the staff to dress up to something related to christmas like reindeers etc.

ooops, just read what mattg said i agreee with that :)

Nicola
21-11-2010, 02:59 PM
We could just dress up like reindeer's and Santa and so on instead of having a whole list of different accounts.

I like this better. I don't think they'd want to go and create a new account and like someone said above, they'd most likely want HC/VIP on there too so they'd have to buy it again.

Samantha
21-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Plus you would have to give rites to some people on the new accounts. Takes more time up.

Shar
21-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Dressing up is much better than making accounts which can get quite confusing and become a bit messy (password leaks etc.)

EDIT: However, I agree with Mike and perhaps only SS and management should have these accounts? So there's not too many and won't create too much confusion and chaos..

HotelUser
21-11-2010, 03:08 PM
This is an interesting idea. It will give us something to talk about at tonight's staff meeting. I'll get back to this thread with what our plans are as far as dressing and naming conventions go.

Samantha
21-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Problem with that Shar tho, is that they are the ones that need rights.

Inseriousity.
21-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Problem with that Shar tho, is that they are the ones that need rights.

lol it takes 2 seconds to give someone rights. matt's been a bit more active in the help desk recently and he's always a PM away :). It'd only be for 2 weeks people, don't think any staff would care about HC/VIP.

However, I do agree that it'd still be easier to just have people dress up rather than making new accounts. anything that removes the formality (dressing up, new accounts, whatever) gets a thumbs up from me :D

scottish
21-11-2010, 03:20 PM
since when was hxhd targetted at an audience of 6 year olds?

it was done ages ago with HxHD-Santa and all the reindeers and it was rather sad and pathetic.

Shar
21-11-2010, 03:21 PM
What Mike said says it all Sam :)
Its really not that hard :P

xxMATTGxx
21-11-2010, 10:50 PM
lol it takes 2 seconds to give someone rights. matt's been a bit more active in the help desk recently and he's always a PM away :). It'd only be for 2 weeks people, don't think any staff would care about HC/VIP.

However, I do agree that it'd still be easier to just have people dress up rather than making new accounts. anything that removes the formality (dressing up, new accounts, whatever) gets a thumbs up from me :D

Yeah I don't mind dishing out rights to people or even coming online and banning users from the room either. So whatever HxHD decide to do for Christmas nit and involves more rights then I don't mind! :P

HotelUser
22-11-2010, 03:35 AM
During the staff meeting held earlier today this was discussed and we have decided not to use the Elf prefix. However, we shall be following what's normally HxHD tradition and dressing up to suit the time of year :)

Josh
22-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Sounds good. I think most people are doing this anyway!

Intoxicated
22-11-2010, 01:45 PM
As Matt said, they could all just dress up in costumes such as santa hats and such. I doubt the name thing would work as it's pretty pointless.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!