PDA

View Full Version : Robbie & Rave Game Show - Win A Room (Show #2)

iRaaave.
21-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Today at 2pm Myself & DJ Robbie hosted our second version of "The Game Show" and we decided to do a Win A Room competition.

How Win A Room works:

Myself and DJ Robbie put down some furni into our room. This was the base rate and was going to be win whatever. But how to enter was you had to donate 1 piece of furni for "a ticket". A ticket was basically where I wrote down the name of the donator, and how much they had donated. Then once all donations had been collected, I added up the total amount of "tickets" given out, then used a random number generator to choose a ticket number. The more you donated - the more tickets you got, as it was 1 ticket per furni/credit.

The winner was myomoto-08 who had 3 tickets from the 281 donations that we had.

We had a very high amount of donations and we ended up with 281 donations! higher than we expected, but this week we didn't reach 2 rooms but one full room is good!

We also did some competitions on air to win tickets and it went quite well! we got guests on air and had a laugh with myself and Robbie.
We also did some questions on air to guests and they each had to answer questions about Habbox/HabboxForum and HabboxLive and for each question they got right they got one ticket each.
At the end they could either gamble all their tickets for 50 tickets and it would be a really hard question about Habbox or any other department of Habbox.

We also hit a record for this show with a whopping 94 listeners which we wasnt expecting for the show! thank you all for your contribution towards the show!

The feedback we're asking for is:
Did you enjoy the show?
Anything we can improve?

Thanks!

-DJ Rave & Robbie
Hoping to see you next week!

Conservative,
21-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes - and it will be the same next week, but at 3pm!

Grig
22-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Well done to you two :). That's more of what HabboxLive needs, more planned shows. Not necessarily a show revolved around getting free furni all the time. But such shows really do push the listeners up.

I personally haven't tuned in, but I am going to say to try and get over 100 listeners next time, as it is well possible with the right push ;).

Conservative,
22-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Well done to you two :). That's more of what HabboxLive needs, more planned shows. Not necessarily a show revolved around getting free furni all the time. But such shows really do push the listeners up.

I personally haven't tuned in, but I am going to say to try and get over 100 listeners next time, as it is well possible with the right push ;).

We got 94 on Sunday but due to some technical faults lost listeners and ended around 70ish. I agree more planned shows are needed hence this idea and we are eager to get 100 listeners as we have broken 90 we want to break the big 100 ;]

Grig
22-11-2010, 06:59 PM
In reality, it is quite possible to get HxL into the zone of over a hundred- easier than any other fansite Imo. I also like the fact that you didn't only focus on one thing but also did the ticket thing, as I would be quite fed up if all the content was just "win a room TUNE IN OMGGGG GUYZ". Apart from my late transit to caps in that quote, I think this show has potential.

I am unaware of many other perm shows that stand out on HxL- there were plenty like that when I was DJing in 2007, they had a more 'unique' concept about them and that is very important :).

Alex3213
22-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree with Grig- the only ones which stand out to me are actually both yours Robbie so well done: Win a room thingy and Blast from the Past (cos you bumped down my announcment :@!!!) :P

beth
22-11-2010, 07:22 PM
In reality, it is quite possible to get HxL into the zone of over a hundred- easier than any other fansite Imo. I also like the fact that you didn't only focus on one thing but also did the ticket thing, as I would be quite fed up if all the content was just "win a room TUNE IN OMGGGG GUYZ". Apart from my late transit to caps in that quote, I think this show has potential.

I am unaware of many other perm shows that stand out on HxL- there were plenty like that when I was DJing in 2007, they had a more 'unique' concept about them and that is very important :).

obv needing a bit of introducing with dj bethie back in yr life xo

Conservative,
22-11-2010, 07:23 PM

I agree with Grig- the only ones which stand out to me are actually both yours Robbie so well done: Win a room thingy and Blast from the Past (cos you bumped down my announcment :@!!!) :P
Yeah soz about that.

and thanks hehe. I try to be unique ;) I know what you mean though. I think more unique shows - possibly more game orientated shows such as Deal or No Deal or something could be hosted every week. That was our original idea but we decided we couldn't afford it and so stuck with a weekly win a room.

yeah again sorry Alex that was not cool soz :P but thanks for the comments ;D! +rep

Grig
22-11-2010, 07:26 PM
obv needing a bit of introducing with dj bethie back in yr life xo

Bethie me and you, 80 year old DJs make a come back and do Introducing 50's style!!!! xo

There are lots of great potential shows to host, a favourate of mine is who wants to be a millionaire Habbo version, which I actually loved to do on CH- until I decided to go the the pub- typical excuses there ;p.

Conservative,
22-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Bethie me and you, 80 year old DJs make a come back and do Introducing 50's style!!!!

There are lots of great potential shows to host, a favourate of mine is who wants to be a millionaire Habbo version, which I actually loved to do on CH- until I decided to go the the pub- typical excuses there ;p.

Another thing we were going to do, but we just don't have the credits. It'd be great to have someone who can afford to do it doing it though. But I do, as I said, think that the shows with most potential are based on on-air quizes such as who wants to be a millionaire, million pound drop (maybe 100c drop?) ect.ect.

Josh
23-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Another thing we were going to do, but we just don't have the credits. It'd be great to have someone who can afford to do it doing it though. But I do, as I said, think that the shows with most potential are based on on-air quizes such as who wants to be a millionaire, million pound drop (maybe 100c drop?) ect.ect.

What's million pound drop? No offence, but if another DJ did it, I could possibly fund it.

I love this idea of win a room though and I really do hope to see this done frequently as it brings it a lot of listeners.. now to keep them.

JerseySafety
23-11-2010, 07:01 AM
All I'm gonna say is you did bloody well :)

I even stayed up till 3am just to listen to the show, well done guys and keep up the good work!

Conservative,
23-11-2010, 07:24 AM
What's million pound drop? No offence, but if another DJ did it, I could possibly fund it.

I love this idea of win a room though and I really do hope to see this done frequently as it brings it a lot of listeners.. now to keep them.

Lol I don't want another show I've got 2 already :P

Basicaly you start with a millin pounds aka 100c

You have 10 questions. Each question is multiple choice and there are 4 answers and you have to put your money on which one is right. If you're not sure you can split it or put a certain amount on each depending on how dire you are; eg you could have 50/50 or 90/10

Any money on wrong answers is then lost and cannot be bet or won.

So basically you could win the full money or you could win nothing. :)

It's based of a tv show so if my explanation js bad just google it :)

And thanks afterbirth sorry it was at a bad time for you haha.

Alex3213
23-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Despite me thinking that we need more perm. shows, I think you should all (as in anyone who has a perm. show and beyond) just focus on getting them at 110% or at least so they're recognised like both of Robbie's shows. I think it really has to be quality over quantity and the quantity can build up over time.

Josh
23-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Despite me thinking that we need more perm. shows, I think you should all (as in anyone who has a perm. show and beyond) just focus on getting them at 110% or at least so they're recognised like both of Robbie's shows. I think it really has to be quality over quantity and the quantity can build up over time.

... but quantity also helps.

AgnesIO
23-11-2010, 08:14 PM
This show does have massive potential.

But let me say it now, and I hope you will actually listen, if you continue doing it EVERY week it will lose the whole novelty of doing it.

People who pay, say, ten bits of furni and lose - are probably not going to want to bet again the next weeks - especially if they are not very rich.

If you want it to stay special do it once a fortnight/month - the prize will be bigger and I think it would keep listeners coming back.

---

From what you have done the concept sounds very good - so good luck with it.

Conservative,
23-11-2010, 08:43 PM
This show does have massive potential.

But let me say it now, and I hope you will actually listen, if you continue doing it EVERY week it will lose the whole novelty of doing it.

People who pay, say, ten bits of furni and lose - are probably not going to want to bet again the next weeks - especially if they are not very rich.

If you want it to stay special do it once a fortnight/month - the prize will be bigger and I think it would keep listeners coming back.

---

From what you have done the concept sounds very good - so good luck with it.

Fortnightly could be a possibility, and the other week Million Pound Drop. But.....I'll ask Rave ;]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!