PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

Gnome
22-11-2010, 12:35 AM
hey, i just bought a contract on tesco for a bb pearl at 25 a month, everything confirmed so far, payment and all, but i'm 17, and dont have the 25 in my bank acc atm, i will have it in a few days. but as the payment has confirmed and they have deducted 99p from my bank account will they dispatch the phone and with it a letter telling me to have so much money in my bank by whatever date? i've never ordered a contract before so don't know that well.

Jin
22-11-2010, 01:35 AM
I am quite impressed you even managed to get past the credit checks. Going from my experience providing you haven't had to pay for your handset they won't charge you till the end of that billing month.

N!ck
22-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Something's not right as you have to be 18 to set up your own contract.

And what will probably happen if you don't have enough money in your account is you will be in debt to the phone company. Normally a bank would put you into negative funds (either your overdraft or an un-arranged overdraft which the bank will charge you for). But since you're not 18 you're not allowed credit and the bank should not give you it meaning the payment will fail instead.

HotelUser
22-11-2010, 03:57 AM
In Canada when you purchase a mobile device as such when you activate the account and SIM card it bills your credit card a one time fee. It's likely that you'll be charged such a fee upon activation when you receive your phone.

As Nick said I think your bank account will just go into a negative balance, though. But bewarned when this happens you're charged interest as you're playing with the bank's money.

Josh
22-11-2010, 04:05 AM
In Canada when you purchase a mobile device as such when you activate the account and SIM card it bills your credit card a one time fee. It's likely that you'll be charged such a fee upon activation when you receive your phone.

As Nick said I think your bank account will just go into a negative balance, though. But bewarned when this happens you're charged interest as you're playing with the bank's money.

Charged interest and most likely A LOT OF FEES.

LMS16
22-11-2010, 08:23 AM
I've got a contract in my name & bank account, I'm 16.

I've got a 1month rolling contract which without fail pay. I see no problems, Im working, I have the funds and have no trouble with anything.

Needing to be 18 to have a contract is so they can take action if something goes wrong...

When you setup a contract, they bill you at the end of the month on a set day, they will tell you this...

Good luck & I hope you dont bugger it up.

Lew.

Rapidshare
22-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Why take out the contract if you dont even have 25 quid in your bank? Says alot, people wonder why you have to be 18 to do phone contracts.

Your payment wont go into overdraft assuming you have a under 18's account. Payment will be failed and your credit score will just rocket down.

Gnome
22-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Because i took all my money out of my bank to pay for things. It doesn't say a lot if you don't know any of the reasoning behind me having no money in my account.

And i'm not sure what's happened so far, delivery date was estimated at Tuesday. Email is under my dads email so gonna have him check his inbox soon, even if i fail to get a contract then i can always just ask my mother to put it down in her name.

Sunny.
22-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Your credit check will fail if its under your name, however if its under your parents name and the payment details are yours then it may work.

You'll be lucky to actually receive the phone if its under your name. Everytime ive seen anyone else under 18 do it, its failed. Tesco may not have a good system yet I dont know.

As for the billing, you are not billed anything until the end of your billing period. Unless there are any postage fees to pay which should have been displayed on your checkout page.
Thanks

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!