PDA

View Full Version : Odd Laptop Problem

Sam
22-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey,

I have this weird laptop problem. I have my charger plugged in and it IS charging and stuff and all the charging lights are on. It's also on 100% battery etc etc. BUT, the computer isnt showing that the charger is even plugged in? Like if i go to do something which requires you to be on AC power, it says 'Your laptop is running off Battery power'

Bit oddd.... The power icon is just of a battery too. Normally when its charging there's a little picture on a plug on the battery.

Any ideas?

Describe
22-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Found this on yahooanswers.

f it is charging, it is likely that the charging indicator is a setting that you can change in preferences.
:)

Sam
23-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Hey,

It could be that, but the laptop even THINKS it's running off battery power. It adapts all the power preferences of the 'running on battery' mode. Yet all the charging lights on the laptop are on, and its charging?

Zak
24-11-2010, 12:43 AM
You might want to invest in a new charger :)

Sam
24-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Hmm are you sure?

It charges the battery fine. Like all the charging lights are on, and i just ran the battery right out, and plugged the charger in and its back on like 80%. When i take the battery out with the AC adapter in, it still runs so then it's running off AC power. I know its nothing to do with laptop settings because i've just done a reformat so it must be hardware.

Thanks!

Markeh
24-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but I've got similar issues with a Fujitsu.

Battery is in, but dead. No charging light when plugged in, until I power it on, when the light says charged.
XP says there's no battery installed. SIW says there isn't either, but there is a temp sensor category called "Battery 1" with no temps in it.
Battery problem or motherboard?

Special
24-11-2010, 04:11 PM
i think you need a new battery, they don't last forever!

matt$
24-11-2010, 04:13 PM
I had this problem, bought a new charger tht didnt fix it it, bought a new battery that didnt work either instead the motherboard broke.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!