PDA

View Full Version : Working SMP health tomorrow!

Nemo
23-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Gah, the update is coming tomorrow because I’m silly

I tried to do a Minecraft update today, and it turns out I didn’t bring the keystore with the private certificate key to the office.. I set a reminder alarm on my cellphone to remind me tonight to bring it.
So.. Update tomorrow, with working SMP health, including fighting monsters and other players.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomomg

Chippiewill
23-11-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm more excited about:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lccame5Zuj1qzb7ox.jpg

so sexy

OT:
As long as there's a way to turn off the health I'm happy.

Verrou
26-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Someone update Creepercraft fgs.

Chippiewill
26-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Someone update Creepercraft fgs.

:/ I really want my account activated but no one is ever on D: / site is down

Side note:

Bug update #1. More coming tomorrow
There were some pretty severe bugs with players respawning, which I’ve spent most of the day today fixing. I’ve solved a lot of them, but I noticed that the respawning player can still fail to see other players in the spawn area under some circumstances.

Instead of delaying the bug fix update until tomorrow, I decided to release what I’ve done so far now today. I’ll fix the remainder tomorrow, and also work on a few more bugs I’ve gotten told about (thank you very much for the organized lists!).

The server has been updated to 0.2.5_01, but it’s not a mandatory update.
The client will auto-update to 1.2.3_02

Speaking of which, I will make the client updater ask the player before applying new updates. Automatic forced updates are scary, and they were only in because they were convenient and I never thought about it.

Hazzah, I can finally wait until Notch releases bug fixes

jackass
26-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Once all these bug fixes are resolved, and the new server is installed (along with a new VPS), and after some finishing touches, Creepercraft will be open. :)

Sorry for the lack of news being given to you guys, but Creepercraft WILL reopen in due time. :)

Stephen
26-11-2010, 09:36 PM
aslong as you reopen with enemies on. Bored of the creative stuff. And the give command.. working health = bring on survival servers

FlyingJesus
26-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah we're not having the give command any more, there will in fact be quite a massive emphasis on mining and collecting materials whatever they are with the new features we're adding in. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in terms of getting the server back up until the updates are finished properly and the mods/plugins we use are updated to work with the new release :(

Not sure what we're doing about mobs in game yet, there are some decent enough cases for and against it frankly. I guess we could try fixing it to always have daylight on top for the builders but allow mobs to spawn so that miners and explorers can still get blown up and shot at if they want, but obv it's not up to my judgement alone

Chippiewill
26-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Permanent time at 0000 and then have mobs on sounds right.

Verrou
27-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Yay I love SMP servers that don't have the give command, it makes it cooler. Also maybe look at getting a currency system like the CraftHub server where you can have auctions and sell items to other players :)

Recursion
27-11-2010, 09:34 AM
Private server of mine is now fully survival, working out nicely with just the 5 of us so far :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!