PDA

View Full Version : An idea for habboxlive

ihatehash
25-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Today I was thinking about a song that we used to play on a habbo radio station I used to work for which was the most popular in the au hotel for sometime. Here it is here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr4lAlIj6Pw

As you can see, its very catchy and by the end it has you singing "It's Habbohut It's Habbohut." I think habboxlive should make a song like this (a good one not one of the crappy hxl songs in the past) which is catchy as it makes people remember the site name and also they will stay tuned into the website to hear the song again, just an idea.

Josh
25-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I remember myself hating that song because it was played every twenty minutes. It is catchy and I think it has the same concept as the Choco-late song; people will sing along.

Edit: The song is affective as I could remember the tune and everything before I watched the video.

Samantha
25-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I remember the chocolatte it song on another fansite, it's good if it isn't overplayed.
Maybe do it for an old cheesy song though like.
I remember the old one's they weren't that good.

Josh
25-11-2010, 12:29 PM
I remember the chocolatte it song on another fansite, it's good if it isn't overplayed.
Maybe do it for an old cheesy song though like.
I remember the old one's they weren't that good.

What?? I don't understand.

Samantha
25-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I mean, that a new, fresh song may be a good idea, but it won't be a good idea if they are playing it like every other song.

And old cheesy song's like the song used for HabboHut are best to write lyrics to.

9y
25-11-2010, 12:41 PM
We've done this with many things, Sadly not a proper song simply for habbox alone

FlyingJesus
25-11-2010, 02:13 PM
lmao please do it you could even get one of the cooler DJs (not that you aren't all super-fab!!!!!!!) to do a RAP

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 03:34 PM
lmao please do it you could even get one of the cooler DJs (not that you aren't all super-fab!!!!!!!) to do a RAP

I rap...

Lol..

anyway I like the idea, I guess we could do it, but actually I don't like this song it's annoying and I'd tune out if I heard it. But still...it's a good concept.

Calvin
25-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree! I think they need to find a very catchy song which people can sing anytime as they simply can't get it out of their heads lol (a bit like webuyanycar.com :() and then for this song, maybe try and get in contact with the great old DJs and ex-staff such as Mizki, Adzeh (I think), ,Jess,, Richie, KnuxIBF/Mikey, H0BJ0B (possible?) etc. Infact I still hear H0BJ0B (Danny) singing let me lick you up and down now and again on HxL which is one thing I remember about HxL :P

Also is it possible for HxL management to find all the old karaoke songs, which somehow disappeared which is a real shame because they were great to listen to sometimes.

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 04:51 PM
It is a good concept. The problem is..

I would tune out after hearing it.

If the people cannot sing in tune, I do not want to hear it.

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Dat is ze problem...we should auto-tune ourselves.

Josh
25-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Dat is ze problem...we should auto-tune ourselves.

No. I would tune out after hearing auto-tuned singing of some DJs. If they have a horrible voice and can't sing for ****, they shouldn't offer to provide some audio for it.

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 05:08 PM
No. I would tune out after hearing auto-tuned singing of some DJs. If they have a horrible voice and can't sing for ****, they shouldn't offer to provide some audio for it.

But some people think they're good and aren't? Lol.

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 05:10 PM
But some people think they're good and aren't? Lol.

I can name a few past/current dj's who think they can sing lol.

sammy
25-11-2010, 05:23 PM

Well if it was to happen we can't exactly control that lol, if DJs can't sing that's a damn shame but it'd be rude to not allow someone to participate in the making of the song just because they're not that good.

I like Calvin's idea of getting some older staff on there and I think it should happen- maybe it'd be a good idea to only allow it to be played twice a day or something so it doesn't get repetitive :P.

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Well if it was to happen we can't exactly control that lol, if DJs can't sing that's a damn shame but it'd be rude to not allow someone to participate in the making of the song just because they're not that good.

I like Calvin's idea of getting some older staff on there and I think it should happen- maybe it'd be a good idea to only allow it to be played twice a day or something so it doesn't get repetitive :P.

Might be rude, but I think it is rude that Hx do not accept some applications because they have poor English.

Joking - but same sort of argument :P

sammy
25-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Might be rude, but I think it is rude that Hx do not accept some applications because they have poor English.

Joking - but same sort of argument :P

Well being a DJ and being in a staff song are a bittttttt different ;)

Samantha
25-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Why not have a few songs made by groups of Dj's get a little flavour on the site.
Or, make a few songs, and have a vote to set an official Habbox song or something.

I don't think you should get old Dj's back, if they aren't there anymore I wouldn't want to hear them singing tbh. Habbox needs to be fresh by using the dj's that are already there.

Mark
25-11-2010, 06:41 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea! Samantha, I think the point in getting some of the old Ds back was because a few of them could sing and did a lot for HxL i.e. Richie making good jingles etc. I think as well as this HxL could get a few new Jingles? Having the same guy saying "Habboxlive.com" does get a little annoying and I have started to take no notice of it... Have a female and a male version?

Samantha
25-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea! Samantha, I think the point in getting some of the old Ds back was because a few of them could sing and did a lot for HxL i.e. Richie making good jingles etc. I think as well as this HxL could get a few new Jingles? Having the same guy saying "Habboxlive.com" does get a little annoying and I have started to take no notice of it... Have a female and a male version?

I'm sure that person who says 'Habboxlive.com' is Shigeryu who got fired/left (don't know if it's changed now) like two years ago. Spruse HxL up abit!

They shouldn't bring any old ones back. They are the old Habbox, Habbox should look towards the future and not live in the past; it's gone you can't bring it back!

Also some of the old songs were pitiful. No offence but 'Disco Bag' was atrocious. Richie's parody of 'I wish I was James Bond' was really good but sadly it is now out of date.
However, some songs from HxL were good, but like I said, they are the past, get some new meat.

Calvin
25-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Dat is ze problem...we should auto-tune ourselves.Some DJs are already high pitch, nevermind making it even more higher :P

But get the legendary HxL (ex) staff to sing it!

Samantha
25-11-2010, 07:25 PM
But get the legendary HxL (ex) staff to sing it!

Why? It's been said before Habbox isn't the same as it used to be so why bring back old staff from years and years ago. Maybe you could bring back Jess as she is quite current but surely you don't need Mizki or Adzeh.
I want to hear new singers the dj's that are currently staff. As they are the future to HxL.

You say bring old staff back, don't you think that it's not giving the current staff a chance to show what they have got?

Calvin
25-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Why? It's been said before Habbox isn't the same as it used to be so why bring back old staff from years and years ago. Maybe you could bring back Jess as she is quite current but surely you don't need Mizki or Adzeh.
I want to hear new singers the dj's that are currently staff.That would just ruin it, no offence. And we wouldn't want to give Habbox a reputation for squeaky DJs, we'd want decent ones.

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 07:35 PM
That would just ruin it, no offence.

The whole point of the song is to show off the current DJs? Bringing back old people just for this is pointless. We should have all the current DJs and maybe a few ex-DJs who left recently or are still staff. But I think having it mainly the current DJs would be best - we're showing what HxL is now, not 2 years ago.

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 07:38 PM
The whole point of the song is to show off the current DJs? Bringing back old people just for this is pointless. We should have all the current DJs and maybe a few ex-DJs who left recently or are still staff. But I think having it mainly the current DJs would be best - we're showing what HxL is now, not 2 years ago.

The problem is HxL is not as popular as it was. So do we want to show off what it is now lol

Samantha
25-11-2010, 07:41 PM
That would just ruin it, no offence. And we wouldn't want to give Habbox a reputation for squeaky DJs, we'd want decent ones.

Since when are all Djs 'squeaky'?

The lyrics chosen could be given to all djs.
If they wish they coul sing the song in their own time.
They could record it and send it to Gemma if they wanted to.
Then Gemma could edit the song so each bit gets a different singer.
There could be a poll to see who goes in the song - but this could be popularity.
Or a few songs could be made with the lyrics and a poll could be chose by that.
Unless Gemma would prefer picking someone by herself (or gm could do that.)

Calvin
25-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Since when are all Djs 'squeaky'?

The lyrics chosen could be given to all djs.
If they wish they coul sing the song in their own time.
They could record it and send it to Gemma if they wanted to.
Then Gemma could edit the song so each bit gets a different singer.
There could be a poll to see who goes in the song - but this could be popularity.
Or a few songs could be made with the lyrics and a poll could be chose by that.
Unless Gemma would prefer picking someone by herself (or gm could do that.)Perhaps you may want to tune in sometimes. And I didn't mean all, a certain few.

sammy
25-11-2010, 07:49 PM
That would just ruin it, no offence. And we wouldn't want to give Habbox a reputation for squeaky DJs, we'd want decent ones.

Erm... as Robbie said the point of it is to show off our DJ team, we can't be like "oh u have a squeaky voice ur not allowed 2 be in da song lolololzzzzzz!!1!", it's so that the listeners can hear who is on the radio and get a taste of what is offered here. If people had so called "squeaky" voices Gemma wouldn't have hired them. A couple of older DJs would be good, people like Jess etc should be in it but we can't be like "oh we're getting mizki in cause you're not good enough" lol........... :S

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Erm... as Robbie said the point of it is to show off our DJ team, we can't be like "oh u have a squeaky voice ur not allowed 2 be in da song lolololzzzzzz!!1!", it's so that the listeners can hear who is on the radio and get a taste of what is offered here. If people had so called "squeaky" voices Gemma wouldn't have hired them. A couple of older DJs would be good, people like Jess etc should be in it but we can't be like "oh we're getting mizki in cause you're not good enough" lol........... :S

But a song of people singing way out of tune is hardly a good impression.

FlyingJesus
25-11-2010, 08:19 PM
I believe it's what some folk refer to as "fun"

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 08:21 PM
But a song of people singing way out of tune is hardly a good impression.

The one posted in the first post is awfully bad in some parts, but people say it's "catchy" so it must work? It doesn't matter if people aren't amazing singers. As long as it sounds something like it should..

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 08:27 PM
The one posted in the first post is awfully bad in some parts, but people say it's "catchy" so it must work? It doesn't matter if people aren't amazing singers. As long as it sounds something like it should..

Just because something is catchy doesn't mean I will go there lol

I guess younger users (who to be honest, now grumpy old gits like me :P), would enjoy it though.

Neversoft
25-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I personally hate jingles and radio stations telling me what station I am listening to every damn minute as if I have short-term memory loss. I'd say it's a waste of time, but that's just me.

Grig
25-11-2010, 08:59 PM
It's like another HxL production made in the past, a lot of fun- well back in the days they were, yet they don't really advertise the radio for anyone. They may even get people to tune out due to the off pitch singing.

Eoin247
25-11-2010, 09:03 PM
A good jingle will get the name habbox stuck into their head and so increase the chance of them thinking about it while browsing the web/playing habbo.

Grig
25-11-2010, 09:05 PM
If they still have the same jingles Adzeh bought in 2006, they need a serious upgrade haha! There's one with all the HxL DJs in 2006 and that one sounds nice :). Not sure if that should be done now though! Maybe some other one with a voiceover guy.

Nicola
25-11-2010, 09:14 PM
It doesn't matter if people can't sing all that well, they should still be in it (of course only if they want to be). I would honestly rather listen to all of the Habbox DJs having a fun time singing a song together than just one DJ on their own.

Eoin247
25-11-2010, 09:16 PM
It doesn't matter if people can't sing all that well, they should still be in it (of course only if they want to be). I would honestly rather listen to all of the Habbox DJs having a fun time singing a song together than just one DJ on their own.

OR get all the DJs to sing with autotune?

nat965
25-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Haha, knew someone (especially an ex-staff ;)) would bring it up here, some day!

I agree with everyone who say that adding new DJs into the song would be more better than getting old DJs back.

@eoin247, I don't think I would want to listen to an auto-tuned version of any song, whatsoever. Habbox is meant to be a fun place, not a perfect singing/recording business (sorry, bad example..)

I have nothing against Habbox(Live) doing something like this :)

ihatehash
26-11-2010, 02:27 AM
when I came to habboxlive and I played some of the staff songs and I just would cringe because they were terrible. You should pick a song which has fairly simple parts like the habbohut song (e.g. "Special Guests, Special Guests") and get the badder singers to sing that. Yes they may be offended but they just need to toughen up this is not 'clubpenguinx live.'

PaulB
26-11-2010, 09:40 AM
If you make a song every single DJ will play it once or twice during their DJ slot. And as most DJ slots last for an hour the sound would be played about 4-5 time an hour. Also, who wants to listen to DJ-HABBO playing some badly created song when you've got S Club 7 ready, and available on Youtube ha.

gangstaagent1
26-11-2010, 12:19 PM
If you make a song every single DJ will play it once or twice during their DJ slot. And as most DJ slots last for an hour the sound would be played about 4-5 time an hour. Also, who wants to listen to DJ-HABBO playing some badly created song when you've got S Club 7 ready, and available on Youtube ha.

There is a maximum amount of times that a song/jingle can be played in a show. Usually it's one. So it won't e over played 4-5 times an hour as stated above.

I do believe that this would be a good idea though :)

AgnesIO
26-11-2010, 04:20 PM

Might be misunderstanding, but surely if you are on for one hour, and you play it once of twice, how does it work out to be played 4 or 5 times an hour?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!