PDA

View Full Version : Habbox Has Got Talent.

Samantha
25-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Why don't you do a Habbox Has Got Talent?

Where members can enter, then submit an audition video of them doing their talent, which then gets short listed.
Then the final few can battle it out over a couple of weeks?

Just an idea, thought of it so thought I might as well post.

Calvin
25-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Could do this. Although, I don't think many would enter. They could do Habbox Starz again I suppose. What would be the prize?

Samantha
25-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Not sure about the prize. I was originally thinking Habbox X Factor, but that would abolish Habbox Starz.

The prize could be Habbo and Forum based.
Something like 6 Month VIP, 50 Rep and A Trophy on Habbo.com?

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I like this idea. Maybe prize could be:

100c
1 year forum VIP
a special forum badge?
certain amount of rep
& trophy on habbo.

I like it though, I would enter ;D!

dogboy123
25-11-2010, 07:36 PM
When Habbox's next top model was done there were very few entries and I think that people are shy or dont want themselves to be shown on the forum idk

tiredofthegames
25-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Here's an idea, stop ******' banning me :)

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Wouldn't have to be a video? They could record themselves singing, upload it then do that? Or rapping, or reading a poem they wrote?

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 07:39 PM
When Habbox's next top model was done there were very few entries and I think that people are shy or dont want themselves to be shown on the forum idk

Or 90% of forum users are ugly lol

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I like this idea. Maybe prize could be:

100c
1 year forum VIP
a special forum badge?
certain amount of rep
& trophy on habbo.

I like it though, I would enter ;D!

that is excessive.

I think this is something Forum Management should consider, it'd be a good forum event and we haven't had a big, good forum event since the Habbox Elections.

AgnesIO
25-11-2010, 08:31 PM
that is excessive.

I think this is something Forum Management should consider, it'd be a good forum event and we haven't had a big, good forum event since the Habbox Elections.

If you made it a big competition that isn't excessive.

It would cost you 112c (which you made more than that on the lottery but anyway) - everything else is free.

Eoin247
25-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I like this idea actualy.

Tell you what if somebody is willing to put the effort into organising it properly ill fund the 100c.

Inseriousity.
25-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Like Ben said, I don't think it'll receive many entries plus 'talents' online are very limited to stories/poetry, singing, musical instruments and graphics. I'm not sure many people would make that extra effort.

Conservative,
25-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Like Ben said, I don't think it'll receive many entries plus 'talents' online are very limited to stories/poetry, singing, musical instruments and graphics. I'm not sure many people would make that extra effort.

They can film themselves dancing? Keepy Upy's? It's endless. OR maybe they could film themselves creating some mind-blowing habbo room. It doesn't have to be r/l.

I think it could work. But I don't want to organise it because I want to enter LOL.

Nicola
25-11-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm also unsure on how many people would enter. Like Ben said, Habbox's Next Top Model didn't get a whole lot of entries.

Maybe it would be an idea to set up a poll to see how many people would enter these types of competitions, just to see if it's worth running one.

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Martin is seriously interested in running this forum event however it would have to be in 2011 as Christmas takes priority for the next month!

Inseriousity.
25-11-2010, 09:05 PM
They can film themselves dancing? Keepy Upy's? It's endless. OR maybe they could film themselves creating some mind-blowing habbo room. It doesn't have to be r/l.

I think it could work. But I don't want to organise it because I want to enter LOL.

lolol well at least you're creative, I then refer to the second point of that post where I am sceptical as to how many would enter. Even a poll won't really tell us properly because people say they'll do something but then they don't (inb4 'just like habbox management')

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 09:08 PM
lolol well at least you're creative, I then refer to the second point of that post where I am sceptical as to how many would enter. Even a poll won't really tell us properly because people say they'll do something but then they don't (inb4 'just like habbox management')

I dunno, if there was a big enough selection of possibilities that people could enter with then people would enter. Yes, we could have talents that could be videoed but we could also have writing talents, we have some talented graphics designers here at habbox, web designers - there's a lot of talent here really so I think it could be quite fun!

Josh
25-11-2010, 10:02 PM
Why was Racing's post removed? Am I allowed to repost it if I agree with it?

Eoin247
25-11-2010, 10:04 PM
I think his spam threads should be deleted but this post?

Josh
25-11-2010, 10:29 PM
This is why you and MattGarner should not be Management. All you like is the forum and don't give a crap about the main site hence Habbox is not attracting new members. You buzz over the forum and that is why forum staff should not become Management as they are only forum focused. This is also why there used to be Site Managers and Assistant Site Manager (Forum) to prevent this.

It brings up a good point. Please don't remove it.

edit ;l ;ll

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 10:37 PM
It brings up a good point. Please don't remove it.

Actually, I understand the point however it's wrong about us really. An event like this would be best if used on the forum and is something that the Forum Management can use to build up a good event on the forum (the forum does need some afterall).

In my time as Assistant General Manager I've only worked with Forum Management once apart from my usual duties and that was during the Forum Reform, I've worked with other AGMs in their departments (particularly the community ones) so the whole "u r forum orientated" argument is false, I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot at Christmas for all areas of Habbox, infact the area that'll recieve least attention from me personally is the forum.

This event probably wouldn't go ahead in any other area of Habbox because it wouldn't work, Martin mentioned a similar idea like this to me the other day which is why it's good to perhaps let the forum take a crack at running something like this.

Calvin
25-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Actually, I understand the point however it's wrong about us really. An event like this would be best if used on the forum and is something that the Forum Management can use to build up a good event on the forum (the forum does need some afterall).

In my time as Assistant General Manager I've only worked with Forum Management once apart from my usual duties and that was during the Forum Reform, I've worked with other AGMs in their departments (particularly the community ones) so the whole "u r forum orientated" argument is false, I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot at Christmas for all areas of Habbox, infact the area that'll recieve least attention from me personally is the forum.

This event probably wouldn't go ahead in any other area of Habbox because it wouldn't work, Martin mentioned a similar idea like this to me the other day which is why it's good to perhaps let the forum take a crack at running something like this.Hmm.. imo, this event has nothing to do with the forum. It's more to do with HabboxLive more than anything, hence why it should be a Habbox event not HabboxForum event. But I guess let the site decline, use the forum as usual.

It's about time management let the site have its moments. As far as I recall, there has been no 'mega' events on the site within the past year, just on HxF.

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Hmm.. imo, this event has nothing to do with the forum. It's more to do with HabboxLive more than anything, hence why it should be a Habbox event not HabboxForum event. But I guess let the site decline, use the forum as usual.

It's about time management let the site have its moments. As far as I recall, there has been no 'mega' events on the site within the past year, just on HxF.

Lol, if that's what you want to think then think it. Events at Habbox are shared equally and the site will get it's fair share of use, especially in 2011 when everything Habbox wise is centred around the new site. We are already planning the launch of V6 and events to go with that.

Sometimes it is good to do community events like this based on the forum as here we have a community, it worked with Big Brother and it worked with the Habbox Election. Obviously in big events all departments get involved, for instance during the election we had HabboxLive involved, the events department involved too.

There hasn't been an event centred around the forum since the Election and that was a long time ago, the forum management need something community wise because they aren't involved anymore.

Unfortunately, not everybody gets to see the plans for Habbox and you wouldn't believe that not only is everything equally shared but you'd also see that every department works together on larger events, for instance there is usually pages on the site for all big events.. lol.

Let's face it, if it was put on Habbox.com it wouldn't have the community feel that it'd have on the forum at the moment, if it was ran by HabboxLive it wouldn't make sense to have a range of talents.

Forum Management asked if they could do this one first therefore we'll let them do it, the other areas of Habbox are by far neglected and it's very stupid to claim that it is.

Josh
25-11-2010, 10:52 PM
V6 isn't going to make everything magically better. People are going to look... look... and then continue using the forum. You need new members and by putting a huge community event on the forum, you are excluding heaps of members because there are people who haven't registered who just tune into www.habboxlive.com

Sarah
25-11-2010, 11:02 PM
I can see how it would work on Habboxlive, although wouldn't it be a bit of a Habbox stars wannabe? It could work on the main site just as well as the forum in my opinion!

Inseriousity.
25-11-2010, 11:05 PM
Lol, if that's what you want to think then think it. Events at Habbox are shared equally and the site will get it's fair share of use, especially in 2011 when everything Habbox wise is centred around the new site. We are already planning the launch of V6 and events to go with that.

Sometimes it is good to do community events like this based on the forum as here we have a community, it worked with Big Brother and it worked with the Habbox Election. Obviously in big events all departments get involved, for instance during the election we had HabboxLive involved, the events department involved too.

There hasn't been an event centred around the forum since the Election and that was a long time ago, the forum management need something community wise because they aren't involved anymore.

Unfortunately, not everybody gets to see the plans for Habbox and you wouldn't believe that not only is everything equally shared but you'd also see that every department works together on larger events, for instance there is usually pages on the site for all big events.. lol.

Let's face it, if it was put on Habbox.com it wouldn't have the community feel that it'd have on the forum at the moment, if it was ran by HabboxLive it wouldn't make sense to have a range of talents.

Forum Management asked if they could do this one first therefore we'll let them do it, the other areas of Habbox are by far neglected and it's very stupid to claim that it is.

I think you're being a bit rude. It is not stupid to claim the forum is normally the center of attention. It is now the hub of the community and where everything goes. If Calvin doesn't know that there are events prepared for v6, does that make his claim that there are no site-events stupid? No it doesn't. HOWEVER, I don't think Oli is being "pro-forum" here by suggesting the competition goes on the forum tbh. Competitions/big events are designed to attract as many people as possible and as I've said before, the forum is now the center of attention so it's natural to put the bigger events on the forum. Human instinct. Although if this was to go ahead, it would be in 2011 as Oli said earlier because of the Christmas thing and if I'm not mistaken, the site is due January 2011 so maybe this could be included in the plans.

The site is neglected, it doesn't get the attention it could. Hopefully with v6, the attention between the three sites will be more balanced but until then, I don't think it is a stupid claim to assume that the forum gets most of the attention.

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 11:09 PM
The unfortunate thing about the site at the moment is it is very hard to do anything with - which is why we need a new one. When we get this new site it's our job as Management, staff and even members to make sure that Habbo.com knows Habbox.com has a new site.

I've said it in a Management meeting and I'll say it again here, if we **** up the launch of V6 it's the end of Habbox.

Josh
25-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Make sure you make up for the really slack post-merge promotion.

xxMATTGxx
25-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Normally this sort of stuff is a HabboxLive department sort of event which wouldn't really give the main site any attention either. As all the information, voting and so on would be on the HabboxLive website instead of it being on Habbox. I guess it could be a multi-site sort of event where the forum would also promote it as well as the website, considering this is done in 2011 at some time meaning we would have V6 (let me touch wood on that one). Which then could make it quite nice to do!

Mrs.McCall
25-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I like the idea and I think it's great but it always makes me laugh how easy people think these things are! They take time and planning and right now the management on both site and forum are busy sorting V6. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!

I don't know any of the plans but I know Martin has loads of fun ideas for News for Christmas so watch out for those. Saying that the site doesn't get as much attention than the forum is absolutely correct and I whole heartedly agree but that fact of the matter is, the forum is the glue holding Habbox together. Without the effort given to the forum we wouldn't be able to advertise the site as well. It's a sad state of affairs because forums are meant to be extensions of a site rather than the focus of it but that's the situation we're in. It's nobody fault it's just matter of fact.

I can't see anything changing that. Habboxforum is the newspaper and the site is just a supplement.

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 11:41 PM
I like the idea and I think it's great but it always makes me laugh how easy people think these things are! They take time and planning and right now the management on both site and forum are busy sorting V6. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT!

I don't know any of the plans but I know Martin has loads of fun ideas for News for Christmas so watch out for those. Saying that the site doesn't get as much attention than the forum is absolutely correct and I whole heartedly agree but that fact of the matter is, the forum is the glue holding Habbox together. Without the effort given to the forum we wouldn't be able to advertise the site as well. It's a sad state of affairs because forums are meant to be extensions of a site rather than the focus of it but that's the situation we're in. It's nobody fault it's just matter of fact.

I can't see anything changing that. Habboxforum is the newspaper and the site is just a supplement.

I damn well hope something will change that, if not we've wasted a lot of resources on V6 :P The reason the forum is sticking Habbox together is because at the moment this is the largest community we've got and it isn't increasing much at all, we need V6 to take over as the new Habbox Hub and use this to bring in new users and stimulate our current ones.

Mrs.McCall
25-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Hey, I'm not blaming anyone. It's bound to happen the community on here is so large. I don't know plans but I have a feeling the site is going to have a membership kinda system going on to get more people involved but that's just speculation hehe.

Either way I'm excited.

Hecktix
25-11-2010, 11:53 PM
I think the key to it is uniting all Habbox communities.

Mrs.McCall
26-11-2010, 12:01 AM
You sound Conservative :o

In all seriousness sounds great.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!