PDA

View Full Version : Staff Posting

Sharon
27-11-2010, 12:12 AM
These threads seem to get no where :(

Basically my point is that like staff (some) aren't active enough around forum tbh. Sorry to be picky but mostly HxL dept? I have never heard of most of them - I think staff need to represent habbox - by posting more?

They all need to get to know each other more and engage with community. Like not stay in Staff Forums and Panels.

Casanova
27-11-2010, 12:15 AM
to be fair the staff that represent habbox do it where it matters--Habbo.

The live staff and the helpdesk staff are always broadcasting habbox via habbo, on this forum it doesn't matter if they're there, just as long as they continue to donate their time to help habbox.

What matters is those that do represent habbox, ie the management are always here... especially all the the dept. managers.

HotelUser
27-11-2010, 12:19 AM
to be fair the staff that represent habbox do it where it matters--Habbo.

The live staff and the helpdesk staff are always broadcasting habbox via habbo, on this forum it doesn't matter if they're there, just as long as they continue to donate their time to help habbox.

What matters is those that do represent habbox, ie the management are always here... especially all the the dept. managers.

This sums it up quite nicely. Although it's fairly important that all staff take part in the community here on the forum community oriented staff such as HxL and especially HxHD staff play a role in being active on the client. Where Forum Moderators are representatives of sorts on the forum, community based departments are our representatives on Habbo.

Conservative,
27-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Forum activity checks wouldn't go amiss. I agree I don't see any of the djs post much.

Hecktix
27-11-2010, 12:21 AM
I don't think staff posting is a huge issue, as discussed in the other thread it isn't necessary for all staff to be known on the forum - Management however I think should be.

I think it's more important that HxL DJs are known on Habbo rather than the forum although I think a lot of them don't realise what a useful advertising base the forum can be.

I have access to all the staff posting stats and they aren't too bad tbh, I can tell you that 33 HabboxLive staff have posted on the forum in November, and at least half of those have posted at least 20 times, which isn't too bad either. This is counted from forums with post count enabled so this isn't staff forums.

I know some managers to urge their departments to get out on the forum and get known, I know Dan is running a posting competition in rare values at the moment, but like I've said it isn't a necessity and isn't something I'm worried about.

However, I am looking to get rid of unnecessary places where staff post.

Casanova
27-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I feel it's asking too much to demand staff 'must' post on the forum. It's nice for them to interact, but they already do a job for out community. I guess there's pro's and con's to each arguement.

for staff posting:
get known
understand their community
adapt their skills/job to the necessity of the community (should already be known to the dept. manager).

against heavy staff usage:
staff abusing their powers
staff ignoring their jobs, not doing it to the best of their abilities.
possible arguements/bad behavior.

I think all around it's a touchy subject. I feel that there should be no indication of a members abilities if posting is measured too. I've been here four years (away two years) and i've not even got 1500 posts?

Hecktix
27-11-2010, 12:50 AM
I feel it's asking too much to demand staff 'must' post on the forum. It's nice for them to interact, but they already do a job for out community. I guess there's pro's and con's to each arguement.

for staff posting:
get known
understand their community
adapt their skills/job to the necessity of the community (should already be known to the dept. manager).

against heavy staff usage:
staff abusing their powers
staff ignoring their jobs, not doing it to the best of their abilities.
possible arguements/bad behavior.

I think all around it's a touchy subject. I feel that there should be no indication of a members abilities if posting is measured too. I've been here four years (away two years) and i've not even got 1500 posts?

Quite true, Roxy916 is another example, she's got a small amount of posts yet has successfully worked in a lot of roles at Habbox, a lot of our best staff have low post counts.

The only staff that are required to post are moderators, as afterall they are forum staff and must maintain a relationship with the community and of course management and this is the way it would show.

There are benefits to staff posting on the forum but at the end of the day it's their choice :)

PaulB
27-11-2010, 12:51 AM
To be honest I agree but disagree at the same time. When Habbox was at its prime back in the day, everyone used to know everyone. All the staff were really active and friendly on the forum. I think it would be better if they could be more active. But at the same time, you can't tell someone that they have to be active.. If they don't want to post, they don't have to.

Casanova
27-11-2010, 12:56 AM
and that's the reason why habbox still struggle to get rid of the old boy's club, you cam for me, i'll cam for you :rolleyes:.

Habbox was rife with people scratching other's backs. It wasn't fair on others and the community was terrible and if you were an outsider it wasn't welcoming.

PaulB
27-11-2010, 01:12 AM
I'm talking about 2004-2005 :P With people like Mizki, Properclone, Seacat, JackHb, :James, :Jin I could go on forever.

and that's the reason why habbox still struggle to get rid of the old boy's club, you cam for me, i'll cam for you :rolleyes:.

Habbox was rife with people scratching other's backs. It wasn't fair on others and the community was terrible and if you were an outsider it wasn't welcoming.

Casanova
27-11-2010, 01:24 AM
wasn't around then. 2006-2008 roughly was the downfall of habbox.

Josh
27-11-2010, 05:00 AM
The question is, would you actually want some staff posting?

Mathew
27-11-2010, 09:05 AM
The question is, would you actually want some staff posting?
+rep lol.

While I do encourage events staff to post on the forum, I don't think it should be a specific requirement. It's nice for staff to join in with the community (especially if they're representing Habbox), but it can be rather time consuming and if they're already dedicating an hour for events, or an hour for HxL, you can't really complain. They're simply doing what they applied to do :)

Alex3213
27-11-2010, 09:38 AM
+rep lol.

While I do encourage events staff to post on the forum, I don't think it should be a specific requirement. It's nice for staff to join in with the community (especially if they're representing Habbox), but it can be rather time consuming and if they're already dedicating an hour for events, or an hour for HxL, you can't really complain. They're simply doing what they applied to do :)

Yes I agree with this. What I hate is people thinking that their job is a chore. Sure, they should resign if that's the case but putting on a new rule that they have to post x times a week is not going to be beneficial. All my staff are active on the client, Martin posts on the forum a lot too and I think that represents them well enough tbh :D

SirTezza
27-11-2010, 10:17 AM
To be fair, if a staff member doesn't want to post it is their own decision. Of course if they did post it would help them to get a long with the members that constantly keep the forum running and it would help them to become known by the habbox fans. But that definitely shouldn't be something the managers force onto the staff, because doing that will make them have a different opinion on the job.

Staff have their own department and as long as they are working and doing their job as they should be, for that particular department then you can't ask anything else of them to be honest.

You would expect management and forum moderators to be active, but other than that using the forum is just an optional extra in my opinion.

iRaaave.
27-11-2010, 10:25 AM
it doesn't really matter as long as we do our jobs right :L

Sureall
27-11-2010, 10:56 AM
also with hxl staff - you will find alot of us saying in our shows, register to the forum etc etc, and post around and I know with the perm shows especially Robbies he opens a thread so you can post and does alot of polls

Inseriousity.
27-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm talking about 2004-2005 :P With people like Mizki, Properclone, Seacat, JackHb, :James, :Jin I could go on forever.

Back when Habbox was a small-knit community, that's possible. It's a lot harder now that Habbox is bigger.

These threads get nowhere because these threads won't get staff posting. In a way, staff are members and so they'll post for the same reasons. Interesting threads etc etc will get staff posting not a rule.

Conservative,
27-11-2010, 10:58 AM
also with hxl staff - you will find alot of us saying in our shows, register to the forum etc etc, and post around and I know with the perm shows especially Robbies he opens a thread so you can post and does alot of polls

Yup I use the forum for both perm shows to advertise them ect. :)

I think that activity checks should be done in staff forums because a lot of important stuff is posted. But I wouldn't force them to post in the main forums.

Alex3213
27-11-2010, 11:09 AM

I think that activity checks should be done in staff forums because a lot of important stuff is posted. But I wouldn't force them to post in the main forums.

Making sure people are "upto date" is monitored anyway I'd say :)

Mathew
27-11-2010, 11:28 AM

We do the odd activity check in Events where staff have three days to reply. It's a requirement they check the events section regularly for updates, as it is regarding their position (which is what they applied to do). It's totally different to posting on the public forum.

I don't really think we should really talk about this in the manner that staff and members are different. As Mike said, we're all just users on a fansite for a game.

Josh
27-11-2010, 12:25 PM
we're all just users on a fansite for a game.

In most cases, it doesn't seem like it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!