PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks revelations will 'expose corruption between allies' U.S. warns Britain

-:Undertaker:-
27-11-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333213/WikiLeaks-revelations-expose-corruption-allies-U-S-warns-Britain.html

U.S. warns Britain over new WikiLeaks revelations that will 'expose corruption between allies'

3 million documents set to go online
Bombshell leak thought to include U.S. assessments of Gordon Brown
Secret talks on return of Lockerbie bomber to Libya may also be leaked

Allegations 'include U.S. backing of Kurdish terrorists'
U.S. diplomats face being kicked out of countries in backlash
Corrupt politicians expected to be named and shamed

http://www.iaza.com/work/101128C/iaza12795473124100.bmp

David Cameron was warned last night by America that damaging secrets of the ‘special relationship’ are about to be laid bare. The U.S. ambassador to London made an unprecedented personal visit to Downing Street to warn that whistleblower website WikiLeaks is about to publish secret assessments of what Washington really thinks of Britain. The website is on the verge of revealing almost 3million documents, including thousands of sensitive diplomatic cables sent to Washington from the American embassy in London. The bombshell leak is thought to include U.S. assessments of Gordon Brown’s personality and his prospects of winning the General Election, and secret discussions on the return of the Lockerbie bomber to Libya. Assessments of David Cameron’s election chances and his private assurances to U.S. officials may also be included, Government sources believe.

They fear they will emerge on Sunday in co-ordinated releases in newspapers in Britain, Germany and America. The British government is so worried that last night it issued a D-Notice, warning that publishing the secrets could compromise national security. The website has previously released secret details of allied military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Revelations of American brutality in Iraq and Afghanistan created shockwaves, made WikiLeaks notorious and led to its founder Julian Assange - an Australian-born computer hacker - being vilified by governments around the world. He is now wanted for alleged rape in Sweden. In total, around 2.7million confidential messages between the U.S. government and its embassies around the world are to be released.

The U.S. State Department warned that the leaks would damage relationships around the world. Spokesman P J Crowley said: ‘These revelations are harmful to the U.S. and our interests. They are going to create tension in relationships between our diplomats and our friends around the world.’ The U.S. ambassador to Britain, Louis Susman, was seen going into Downing Street and the Foreign Office yesterday to brief officials for what was described as ‘contingency planning’. ‘He came in to explain what they thought we could expect,’ said one Whitehall source. Defence sources said British national security could be ‘put at risk’ by the release, as they are expected to contain details of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts and pull-outs and revelations about secret service practices and intelligence sources.

A lot of respect for this guy, expose the liars and corruption at the top and keep it up. The internet is really hurting the elite (Democrats, Republicans, Lib/Lab/Con, CIA, UN, EU etc) and they'll try (but I doubt they can) to regulate the internet the best they can in the name of our 'security'. The old news channels and even the papers are becoming irrelevant and 'raw news' I guess you could call it is gaining ground (Infowars, Youtube, RussiaToday, WikiLeaks).

Good on him.

Thoughts?

GommeInc
27-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I like how the US are doing what all lovers do and that is warn their partners that their dirty past is about to be leaked, without realising that in doing so is a form of confession :P

It's their fault if they're being proven to be deceitful, two faced cowards, so if revelations do appear then it's entirely their fault.

Jordy
27-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Look forward to seeing it come out tbh, I've no issue with things being leaked providing it doesn't put things like the armed forces at risk.

Shoddy reporting from the Daily Mail as ever though, the Swedish dropped the rape claim of Julian Assange almost immediately.

28-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Well they certainly got Brown spot on, along with Mandela who they have apparently slurred and rightly so - Saint Mandela is not all he seems, a man who peddles race for his own agenda and a man who engaged in terrorism and killed innocent civillians in the campaign of terror by the 'peace loving' ANC. Although that said; I would agree with Mandela with his point on Blair being the U.S. Foreign Minister.

HotelUser
28-11-2010, 04:09 AM
American politics are frequently skewed with dirty behaviour. I'm curious about two things. Obviously England already knows a chunk about what's being disclosed so I'd like to know what's actually news to them. Secondly, I wonder if this website will be subject to censorship from the United States government, due to recent policy changes.

Niall!
28-11-2010, 04:11 PM
American politics are frequently skewed with dirty behaviour. I'm curious about two things. Obviously England already knows a chunk about what's being disclosed so I'd like to know what's actually news to them. Secondly, I wonder if this website will be subject to censorship from the United States government, due to recent policy changes.

Policy changes only include websites hosting copyrighted music and films.

Wikileaks do none of this. Still, I'm sure they'll find some way.

Conservative,
28-11-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't know what to think. I mean it's good he's exposing the corruption & liars of politics but if it's threatening national security then it's like why?

But as long as it doesn't threaten national security then good for them.

Niall!
28-11-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637

HMM I WONDER WHO'S BEHIND THIS

28-11-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't know what to think. I mean it's good he's exposing the corruption & liars of politics but if it's threatening national security then it's like why?

But as long as it doesn't threaten national security then good for them.

Thats a vague term designed to make the truth look bad, ironically its the political elite who are the ones behind the Iraq war, Afghanistan war and so forth who are the real danger to us all - both in lives lost due to lies, and the erosion of the wests' civil liberties which are taken away from us under the pretext of 'security'.

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637)http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858637

HMM I WONDER WHO'S BEHIND THIS

On Sky News it says the Guardian is planning to release the documents regardless of whether Wikileaks is up or not, good.

Eoin247
28-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I can see a good and bad side to this. In the end the US will get it's just desserts.

28-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Government always invades our privacy, but when the shoe is on the other foot they certainly don't take it well.

Stephen
28-11-2010, 07:28 PM
they've been released haven't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11858895

Conservative,
28-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Yup. Looking at what the BBC have said - not good news.

Stephen
28-11-2010, 07:34 PM
there must be thousands trying to get on the warlogs site

Ajthedragon
28-11-2010, 08:04 PM
This is bound to anger various nations, straining relationships between countrys and causing significant risk to those fight the Taliban. I don't think this is good, simply because it risks lives in Afghanistan. I know the US hide things, I don't need them exposed for that.

Niall!
28-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Jesus christ

Currently released so far

219 / 251,287

That's the amount of documents.

From the way things are going we are screwed.

Robbie
28-11-2010, 10:51 PM
there must be thousands trying to get on the warlogs site

They were apparently under DDoS attack earlier aswell.

Callum.
28-11-2010, 11:15 PM
insureance file, 2 gb encrypted file with the encryption key being given if he gets killed, bluff, i'm not sure, I personally wouldn't wanna try it.

Wig44.
29-11-2010, 08:02 PM
This just in!

Serial rapist and known terorrist Julian Assange has crashed his Lear Jet (puchased through his profiteering selling highly classified government documents to Al Qaeda, endangering millions of innocent American citizens) into the Statue of Liberty. New government regulations to tighten security have been brought into place FOR THE GOOD OF SOCIETY.

Jordy
06-12-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-us-canada-11923766

This is longer leaking documents in the public interest but just a simple attack on US security if I'm honest, I'm beginning to rapidly go off Wikileaks.

NETGEAR
06-12-2010, 08:47 AM

This is longer leaking documents in the public interest but just a simple attack on US security if I'm honest, I'm beginning to rapidly go off Wikileaks.

Yeah those leaks are just idiotic and are only going to harm wikileaks.

alexxxxx
07-12-2010, 12:10 AM

i disagree, anyway most terrorists would realise what the most important sites are anyway.. Wikileaks stands for freedom - they haven't even committed a crime. They didn't leak the documents..

Agnostic Bear
07-12-2010, 12:34 AM

I completely agree, they've lost my respect by just releasing everything in an attempt to get attack the USA. Why not leak from another country? NOPE, has to be the USA.

HotelUser
07-12-2010, 01:29 AM
I completely agree, they've lost my respect by just releasing everything in an attempt to get attack the USA. Why not leak from another country? NOPE, has to be the USA.

The website has a massive bias against the United States :P

I don't know why the US government can't get the website shutdown?

Eoin247
07-12-2010, 01:32 AM

I believe that the site has been under attack literaly. However it amazes me that the attacks haven't succeeded

xxMATTGxx
07-12-2010, 06:00 PM

Well it would have to involve other countries where the servers may be hosted and there is also mirrors of the documents and well.. it's a bit late.

I believe that the site has been under attack literaly. However it amazes me that the attacks haven't succeeded

I know one attacker (was reading on a site) doesn't do it to bring the site down fully but to give off warning messages or something like that.

Inseriousity.
07-12-2010, 06:08 PM

Because it'd backfire on them if they closed it now. If they shut it down, it'd look like they're stopping the freedom of the media/free speech. Whatever your views on that, the government wouldn't want to risk further public discomfort and there'd always be that question of 'what are they trying to hide?' It's probably better just to let everything out in the open and to make speeches as a counter-attack where it'll all eventually die out and everything goes back to normal.

Looks like there's a smear campaign against Assange with a rape charge suddenly reappearing when all these leaks are starting.

jackass
07-12-2010, 06:15 PM
They're planning to release lots of confidential documents and such for Russia in early 2011. That is, if he can. :P

Jordy
07-12-2010, 08:05 PM
They're planning to release lots of confidential documents and such for Russia in early 2011. That is, if he can. :PHaha best of luck with that, investigative journalists in Russian mysteriously disappear still in this day and age.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!