PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible,

iBlueBox
28-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Is it possible to do this with wired furniture:

A weird science machine behind 2 fire places,

and when you say a certain word, the fireplaces rotates?

how can you do this with wired?

Mathew
28-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Is it possible to do this with wired furniture:

A weird science machine behind 2 fire places,

and when you say a certain word, the fireplaces rotates?

how can you do this with wired?
Stack the "Trigger: User Says Keyword" with the "Effect: Move And Rotate Furni"

Select the two fireplaces for the effect and set in the keyword... that should work? :)

Mr-Trainor
28-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Alternatively,

Stack the "Trigger: User Says Keyword" with the "Effect: Match Furni States and Positions"
I think this would be better because otherwise the fireplaces could rotate in the wrong direction :).

Josh
28-11-2010, 07:28 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/209j476.png

Thought I'd add some pictures. The bottom effect (second from bottom) makes the furniture open up. Then the top one has a delay of 10 seconds, and that one changes it back. Of course, if there is a obstruction, it won't work.

I know Luke and Matt told you, but screenies always help.

iBlueBox
28-11-2010, 07:40 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/209j476.png

Thought I'd add some pictures. The bottom effect (second from bottom) makes the furniture open up. Then the top one has a delay of 10 seconds, and that one changes it back. Of course, if there is a obstruction, it won't work.

I know Luke and Matt told you, but screenies always help.

Ah thank you very much :D ,

would it still work, if example, the fireplaces where stacked on top of each other?

Josh
28-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I'd try it but I'm not sure on stacking. :S I'm a noob! I think, the effects I used (above) don't take furniture height into account. So probably not.

When I say furniture height, I can make it so it sets back onto the ground. And then I can add a Z shelf there and then try and get it to move there again, it'll move above the z-shelf this time.

Mr-Trainor
28-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Ah thank you very much :D ,

would it still work, if example, the fireplaces where stacked on top of each other?
If you use the 'Match Furni States and Positions' then it should revert back to it's stacked position :).

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't think it does tbh.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!