PDA

View Full Version : New HxHD Christmas Layout

Calvin
28-11-2010, 08:22 PM
What do you all think? I think it looks pretty nice. I like how theres two scenes going on, one cold and one warm. Well done to Yupt who I think done it!

http://i52.tinypic.com/33nb4tx.png

Mr-Trainor
28-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks very nice in my opinion! Well done to the designers :).

j0rd
28-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I don't really like it.
The staff area seems to big and the hc sofas don't fit in

Phil
28-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I really like the whole inside, outside thing going on there but I do think the staff entrance is a tad too big.

HotelUser
28-11-2010, 08:31 PM
http://davzy.com/screenshots/20ft0e9_copy-20101128-162806.png

Here's a better screenshot of it :)

Conservative,
28-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I don't like the HC sofas in a sort of "L" shape in the bottom left corner. But it's nice other than that.

j0rd
28-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't really like it.
The staff area seems to big and the hc sofas don't fit in

In response to that, hc sofas should be changed to throne sofas and the tree and sleigh should be separate to desk

sophiethenerd
28-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I like it!I would like one christmas tree in the user area but otherwise what A great idea!

Gina
28-11-2010, 08:43 PM
i think the hcs should change to throne sofas, other then that, fantastic!

Josh
28-11-2010, 08:45 PM
LMFAO AT RAB............

I don't like it. Edit: But I guess I'll have to live with it.

I like how you've tried to make a more, homey feel to it by having the "cottage" or whatever on the left. However, it just doesn't all work. The HCs don't work, the stockings on the left don't work together.

And then, the right hand side. It's a small room and you simply don't have enough room to have two contrasting sections to the room. It should all be a cabin feel to be honest as I think it would work nicely and isn't two icey and snowy.

There is just too much going on in the walls, it's too messy.

The HC sofas could be replaced with majestic sofa (throne sofa) to fit in with the majestic seats.

Now.......

I love the tree, and the sleigh and reindeer, but there is too much space being used by the desk to be honest and because of this, the visitor area is crushed.

More to come when I can be bothered.

Mark
28-11-2010, 08:52 PM
I think it's okay, Josh has pointed out some key points, one being the staff area is too big and looks a little silly. I think the pillows should be changed with Snow Seats or whatever they are called on habbo.

Hecktix
28-11-2010, 09:00 PM
We tried throne sofas in the place of the HCs and it looked awful. I know the staff area is a little big but it doesn't cause too much of a problem, I think we just need to find something else to put in there, perhaps another snowman!

Samantha
28-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Did you run ou of lodge? I don't like the presents.
Maybe if they were all in same wrapping I dunno, couldn't you put the baubles on the fire place?

Agreed about the hcs. Why not use wooden benches or something.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Did you run ou of lodge? I don't like the presents.
Maybe if they were all in same wrapping I dunno, couldn't you put the baubles on the fire place?

Agreed about the hcs. Why not use wooden benches or something.

We didn't run out of lodge, I have quite lot of it. Although we thought about presents near the Christmas tree and what not, so yeah.

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I think ditch the entire ice/snow theme, not because it's almost summer, but because it doesn't fit with the other side. I know you've probably spent heaps of time working on this, but I think it could be reworked.

Also, why does Yupt get to help all the time................................ should have a competition or something????????

Alupe
28-11-2010, 09:06 PM
I really like it!

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 09:08 PM
I think ditch the entire ice/snow theme, not because it's almost summer, but because it doesn't fit with the other side. I know you've probably spent heaps of time working on this, but I think it could be reworked.

Also, why does Yupt get to help all the time................................ should have a competition or something????????

I would rather go fully snow than remove that part. Yes it may be getting summer in other countries but Christmas is mostly seen as snow, snowmen, santa, reindeer's and so on.

Yupt doesn't always help out, he never helped with the design before this one but he was kind enough to donate credits and also do the tree. Oh and he also is a trusted member of staff.

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I would rather go fully snow than remove that part. Yes it may be getting summer in other countries but Christmas is mostly seen as snow, snowmen, santa, reindeer's and so on.

Yupt doesn't always help out, he never helped with the design before this one but he was kind enough to donate credits and also do the tree.

fine im donating next layout time.

Well, I couldn't care less if it was all icy and snowy just because Christmas is traditionally like that. However, I think it'd be a homey and cozy sort of feel if it was a cabin but that's just my opinion. It just needs a change.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 09:12 PM
fine im donating next layout time.

Well, I couldn't care less if it was all icy and snowy just because Christmas is traditionally like that. However, I think it'd be a homey and cozy sort of feel if it was a cabin but that's just my opinion. It just needs a change.

The only changes that it may need is the odd improvement here and there, whether that is a furni change or something else. It doesn't need a whole room design again. :P

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:20 PM
The only changes that it may need is the odd improvement here and there, whether that is a furni change or something else. It doesn't need a whole room design again. :P

Not a whole room design, but the icy(ness) just doesn't work and if you're after a nice room, changing that would help.

Yupt
28-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Hiyaaaaaaaa

Thanks for the credit, but I definitely did not design the majority of this room, I only really did the tree and gave my opinions on a few other things.

Credit should go to xxMattGxx, Roxy916, Hecktix, Jordos50 and HotelUser

Eoin247
28-11-2010, 09:32 PM
I like it and appreciate the time you guys put into it, however isn't it just a small bit cramped?

Jordan
28-11-2010, 09:39 PM
It's only feels crampt because of our amazing tree. Anyway, the staff area is exactly the same size. But I like how we've taken advantaged of the wired furniture. :)

Yupt
28-11-2010, 09:41 PM
We went for a cosy feel, if it was massively spread out, we wouldn't get that effect.

Eoin247
28-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Ah i just noticed the wired in the trees. Great idea :)

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I think it's because of the reindeer and sleigh to be honest Jord!

And yes, good job on the wired, you hid it quite well. But why do you have a pad under the snowman? Why not have it teleport them onto the ice patches or something? Also, you could just make it teleport you to the actual snowman, you get put there lol.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 09:48 PM

And yes, good job on the wired, you hid it quite well. But why do you have a pad under the snowman? Why not have it teleport them onto the ice patches or something? Also, you could just make it teleport you to the actual snowman, you get put there lol.

Because if anyone gets the password and I'm not online at the time, the pad just needs moving outside of the staff area and they can't get behind the desk!

Ah i just noticed the wired in the trees. Great idea :)

Yeah, it's quite effective! :D

smiffy70
28-11-2010, 09:48 PM
well its alright but it feels like the tree idea was ripped from a guy's mall

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=676448

just my opinion

Hecktix
28-11-2010, 09:49 PM

the pad can easily be removed from the staff area if the password gets leaked.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 09:50 PM

just my opinion

If it was a full layout then fair enough but it's just a tree flashing on and off (anyone can come up with that) and if anything, it's all owned by Habbo/Sulake and not the actual users. We are just making use of what Habbo have provided us in terms of Wired furni.

Jordan
28-11-2010, 09:51 PM
How can you rip someones idea of a christmas tree? It's something many people will think and do, and we've had that idea for the best part of 3 weeks.

Josh
28-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Christmas tree is easy to recreate, even someone completely new to wired could do that. It's not copyrighted anyway, it's Habbo.

Also, that's actually a really good idea. Didn't even think of that, who do I +rep for that?

GoldenMerc
28-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Can't even get in, Looks nice though cosy and cold boom

Hecktix
28-11-2010, 09:54 PM

just my opinion

Big Christmas trees have been around for years, we had one in the Habbox Panto room in 2006.

Twas Jordan's idea, Josh :) Originally we had it linking to the snow patch.

Jordan
28-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Christmas tree is easy to recreate, even someone completely new to wired could do that. It's not copyrighted anyway, it's Habbo.

Also, that's actually a really good idea. Didn't even think of that, who do I +rep for that?

Skizzling came up with the whole lighting up the christmas tree with the wired, Yupt built it for us. (I tried and even though its so easy I failed)

Yupt
28-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Indeed, the idea of stacked Christmas tree's have been around for donkeys year, however they're not used very often.

I do think that there are few if not non before us who have wired the Christmas trees though (don't quote me!)

Sureall
28-11-2010, 10:24 PM
it was a good idea to wire the xmas trees but maybe do it so they flash at the same time? Or do they, and that was my mind being mushy :P :P

Also urm you could, put my presents? and I fink it was said earlier, maybe make the xmas trees and presents a bit more seperate from the staff area?

Josh
28-11-2010, 10:26 PM
it was a good idea to wire the xmas trees but maybe do it so they flash at the same time? Or do they, and that was my mind being mushy :P :P

Also urm you could, put my presents? and I fink it was said earlier, maybe make the xmas trees and presents a bit more seperate from the staff area?

They don't flash at the same time. I don't mind it being different, it's kind of like, flowing lights.

xxMATTGxx
28-11-2010, 10:30 PM

When we was testing the layout in another room we did have it on and off at the same time near enough but we decided we would do it separate. It's a bit like having two sets of Christmas lights on a Christmas tree and then they go on and off at different times showing a variety of colours or something. I quite like the way it is!

Nicola
28-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I really love the big tree and the way it flashes. I like the whole snowy setting and then the cosy, warm inside setting too.

If there's one thing that looks a bit odd it's the HCs at the bottom but I'm not entirely sure what could go there really.

Sureall
28-11-2010, 10:41 PM
I can see where your coming from with the flowing lights actually now

Martin
28-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Really love the new design! :) I think it's something really different, and so it will take a while to get used to however it's certainly very seasonal and I love the christmas tree! Well done and thanks to everyone who helped make it, it looks fab!

Shar
29-11-2010, 12:10 AM
LOL I'm guessing rab was talking about me!

I love the new layout, one if the best layouts yet!

Jorc
29-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I really like :)

wiktoria
29-11-2010, 07:29 AM
I don't like it. There's too many types of furni. The staff area looks OK

Catzsy
29-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I really like it. Looks like a cozy inside of a house with the staff outside in the snow. The only thing I would change is to put gothic railings instead of lodge to really make it look like the staff are outside and sit them on snow seats. I can help with both of those if needed. Also maybe a couple of rugs on the inside area. It's a cracking effort though and I am basically nit picking! :P

Inseriousity.
29-11-2010, 10:54 AM
I think it looks very cosy! Good job guys :)

Andii
29-11-2010, 11:40 AM
its a great design but Cooleo aint in there no more :'( bring back Cooleo (the snowman btw i named him)

also i like the slegh but wish we could get in it tbh

Shar
29-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I think it's fine the way it is at the moment, don't like the HCs, they kinda feel out of place.

Inseriousity.
29-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh just to add I really love the messages on the presents, nice touch, wd mike ;)

giltinux
29-11-2010, 01:39 PM
its look so nice !!!!

xxMATTGxx
29-11-2010, 04:33 PM
its a great design but Cooleo aint in there no more :'( bring back Cooleo (the snowman btw i named him)

also i like the slegh but wish we could get in it tbh

Hmmm the snowman from the previous layout is still in the room..... :P

Thanks for everyones comments by the way.

-Nick
29-11-2010, 05:27 PM
http://davzy.com/screenshots/20ft0e9_copy-20101128-162806.png

Here's a better screenshot of it :)

Love it how you say that x

LOL

Really well done LOVE IT

JerseySafety
03-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Was told to post a thread about this, but then saw this one so here I go...

The Xmas tree is just horrible, mainly because there is no sequence in it. The seperate Xmas trees are randomly flashing, so maybe don't make them flash. Just make all of them have lights not flashing. If you know what I mean.

As already mentioned, the space in the staff area just is missing something. The presents that are by the Xmas tree just ruin it. Maybe have the same TYPE of presents instead of the lodge dividers and corners and also have a colour sequence for the presents.

Overall it's an ok room but I don't like the HC sofas and it needs to be changed. It puts me and friends off sad to say.

Not targetting anyone, but it could be designed alot better. I know it is unlikely to change. Just my opinion others may think differently.

Ferrick
03-12-2010, 04:09 AM
I never thought you would actually post it but I can agree about the presents. If it was just a divider and a corner it would of looked fine.

-John.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!