PDA

View Full Version : Wired question...

Matthew
29-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Ok, im remaking my pressure.

One of the complaints that always comes up is that some hosts close doors too early, too late etc

What i want to know, is is it possible to create a wired thingy that makes doors close after, say, 2 seconds of no-one being in it?

if so, which wired will i need?

Im a noob lol

ALSO: how many doors would one wired trigger/effect control? I.e how much wired do i need to buy

Plebings
29-11-2010, 06:27 PM
You can set delays on doors - the only problem with wired atm is that when a gate is double clicked via wired, it'll close even if the person is on it, you'll need to get some conditions if you want to have it close when someone goes off it, I'm not that experienced with conditions, so I'd ask another person on here!

Matthew
29-11-2010, 06:37 PM
You can set delays on doors - the only problem with wired atm is that when a gate is double clicked via wired, it'll close even if the person is on it, you'll need to get some conditions if you want to have it close when someone goes off it, I'm not that experienced with conditions, so I'd ask another person on here!
Thanks for the help, id +rep but ive gotta spread :s

Also, ive come across what could be another prob..
I need to open the gates before someone gets to it, but the wired effect would close that as well wouldnt it (possibly before they get to it in the first place)

Any way around that?

Mr-Trainor
29-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the help, id +rep but ive gotta spread :s

Also, ive come across what could be another prob..
I need to open the gates before someone gets to it, but the wired effect would close that as well wouldnt it (possibly before they get to it in the first place)

Any way around that?
It depends how you are setting up your game, in terms of rules.
Do you mean that you want one person to be able to reach the gate but then the second person only has for example 10 seconds to get there? If so, that's possible and will explain it if it's what you mean :P.

Matthew
29-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeh i think so, i mean where i will open the gate at first, and then someone walks into it. Then, after that person walks out, the next person has 2 seconds to walk in, or it closes, making them lose.

Mr-Trainor
29-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Yeh i think so, i mean where i will open the gate at first, and then someone walks into it. Then, after that person walks out, the next person has 2 seconds to walk in, or it closes, making them lose.
Yes, that's possible.
Use:
- TRIGGER: User walks of furni (Select the gate)
- EFFECT: Furniture matches position and state (Select the gate when it's closed & choose a delay of your choice)

Matthew
29-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Yes, that's possible.
Use:
- TRIGGER: User walks of furni (Select the gate)
- EFFECT: Furniture matches position and state (Select the gate when it's closed & choose a delay of your choice)

Thanks! +rep

How many gates would 1 of each cater for?

Josh
29-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I tried to get in because I don't understand the text but you didn't let me in. :( Are you keeping it private or somethin'?

Matthew
29-11-2010, 07:31 PM
I tried to get in because I don't understand the text but you didn't let me in. :( Are you keeping it private or somethin'?

It isnt yet finished :)

Josh
29-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I was having trouble understanding what you were trying so I thought looking at it on Habbo could help. :P

Mr-Trainor
29-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks! +rep

How many gates would 1 of each cater for?
If you want each gate to start up the count down until closing time only one at a time, then you'll need a different set of stacked effects for each one unfortunately :(.

Matthew
29-11-2010, 07:47 PM
if you search my name now, ill let you in :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!