PDA

View Full Version : RSI

Firehorse
29-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Is anyone else getting it from playing COD? I find the way you have to firmly press your thumb to sprint really starts to hurt after a long time and causes long term pain.

Imo Treyarch should make the sprinting automatically integrated with the analogue stick rather than having to keep pressing down on the goddamn button.

I don't get it in my right thumb because I rarely need to use the melee attack.

Chris
29-11-2010, 07:06 PM
No I'm not getting it. Take a break from it when it starts to hurt.

Firehorse
29-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I have been taking a break, but as I say it's long term so even after a week without playing it comes back promptly.

Joey-
29-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Lost on what RSI is an acronym for, but I do have the same pains. Although, I only received the pain after playing 28 hours in a row over Thanksgiving break. :). Regular breaks should calm the pain from reoccuring frequently. :).

Mathew
29-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Lost on what RSI is an acronym for, but I do have the same pains. Although, I only received the pain after playing 28 hours in a row over Thanksgiving break. :). Regular breaks should calm the pain from reoccuring frequently. :).
Repetitive Strain Injury :P

Oleh
29-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Never had it.. guess its due to the fact ive done the same things for years

Ardemax
29-11-2010, 09:30 PM
uhhhh I used to have pain from sprinting down, and I found the perfect solution

kontrol freaks for both xbox and ps3 have like controller button add ons which are superb
seriously sprinting now is moving you finger a little bit, it's really good
check it out:
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/
I have the classic one and for 2 it's like a tenner i think? dunno

Firehorse
29-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Never had it.. guess its due to the fact ive done the same things for years

That joke wasn't funny.

uhhhh I used to have pain from sprinting down, and I found the perfect solution

kontrol freaks for both xbox and ps3 have like controller button add ons which are superb
seriously sprinting now is moving you finger a little bit, it's really good
check it out:
http://www.kontrolfreek.com/
I have the classic one and for 2 it's like a tenner i think? dunno

Well those give you a higher range of movement with the sticks, but I don't see how it would mean you need less pressure from the thumb to sprint with.

samsaBEAR
30-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I have that same thumb problem. It only ever happens when I play COD, I can press the stick in on other games and it's fine. I've just gotten used to it

Camy
30-11-2010, 03:27 PM
You must be pressing way too hard on it, I've been playing cod for 3 years now, never had that problem. The most I've played in one sitting was 22 hours, and I never had that problem either.

Oleh
30-11-2010, 03:56 PM
That joke wasn't funny.

the joke :S

What joke?

Firehorse
30-11-2010, 05:11 PM
the joke :S

What joke?

"Due to the fact i've done the same thing for years"

RSI = Repetitive Strain Injury = Doing something which repeatedly strains a muscle for a long period of time.

Ardemax
30-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Well those give you a higher range of movement with the sticks, but I don't see how it would mean you need less pressure from the thumb to sprint with.

I can answer that by putting it to you:

if you had to run into a wall that was 10 metres away and you ran a metre per second, it would take 10secs
if you had to run into a wall that had a giant pole on the end making it 50% bigger and you ran a metre per second, it would take 5secs

that was possibly the worst example i could give you, but i really wanted to make it

seriously it does reduce the pressure you put on it, TRUST IN ME!!!

Firehorse
30-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I can answer that by putting it to you:

if you had to run into a wall that was 10 metres away and you ran a metre per second, it would take 10secs
if you had to run into a wall that had a giant pole on the end making it 50% bigger and you ran a metre per second, it would take 5secs

that was possibly the worst example i could give you, but i really wanted to make it

seriously it does reduce the pressure you put on it, TRUST IN ME!!!

KK, if I have some spare cash after xmas I might see about getting some... or even putting it on my wishlist

Oleh
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
or you could get this http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4gx5-50-13-70-36sx.html

My thumbs hurt when i use the ps3 controller (dunno if its due to the bad ergonomics or the fact my thumbs don't like the position anymore)

samsaBEAR
01-12-2010, 01:25 PM
or you could get this http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-4gx5-50-13-70-36sx.html

My thumbs hurt when i use the ps3 controller (dunno if its due to the bad ergonomics or the fact my thumbs don't like the position anymore)
Man, the PS3 controller makes me want to hurt children. It's basically the same as the PS2 one, but it just feels really different somehow, I can't see how people can use it for long periods of time

redtom
03-12-2010, 10:10 AM
You must play some extreme amounts of cod :S Take a break..
If you dont maybe Thumb exercises.. Idk :P

Narnat,
03-12-2010, 10:25 AM
I haven't had it. However I would suggest maybe take breaks inbetween for even 10-15 mins

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!